Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Could the Forerunners use slipspace as a weapon?

OP M0ckingDrag0n

Im just curious to know if it was possible for the Forerunners to utilize Slipspace in battle and use them to teleport into other ships tear them apart or if there was a defense against that
Im just curious to know if it was possible for the Forerunners to utilize Slipspace in battle and use them to tear apart other ships or if there was a defense against that
You obviously didn't read the Forerunner trilogy then. Or even spend 2 minutes checking Halopedia.

Short answer: Yes
Im just curious to know if it was possible for the Forerunners to utilize Slipspace in battle and use them to tear apart other ships or if there was a defense against that
You obviously didn't read the Forerunner trilogy then. Or even spend 2 minutes checking Halopedia.
I understand they could be made into a bomb like what happened in Reach. I'm just wondering if they could do it with actual ships slipspace jumping into other ships. I'm pretty sure it would work but I wanna know for sure
I understand they could be made into a bomb like what happened in Reach. I'm just wondering if they could do it with actual ships slipspace jumping into other ships. I'm pretty sure it would work but I wanna know for sure
That's a tactic only primitive species use. Forerunners simply open Slipspace ruptures within enemy ships/fleets and be done with it. Or they could simply shut down Slipspace channels for the enemy by jamming them. Again, Halopedia has covered all this, just read it there.
That's a tactic only primitive species use. Forerunners simply open Slipspace ruptures within enemy ships/fleets and be done with it. Or they could simply shut down Slipspace channels for the enemy by jamming them. Again, Halopedia has covered all this, just read it there.
Could you post a link? I tried searching it but I don't know if it's the one you're talking about. Thanks
Long story short; they did. The thing is that slipspace is not a very PRECISE thing, even for the Forerunners. And theres only so much you can do with it when facing something like the Flood which can use crazy crap like STAR ROADS.
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
Hey good questions M0ckingDrag0n. First of all yes as has been said. Secondly sorry that you seemed to pick up a lot of sas for your question because it is a good one and it is totally unreasonable to expect you to know every piece of lore in a Canon that is 20 years into it's storytelling.
Please feel welcome here.

Now back to the first question you asked yes I'm confident it had been done but after spending the last 20 min. Looking through halopedia I am not seeing where it happened exactly. It has been many years since I read the forerunner trilogy and I think it was in there. If no one else comes up with a link for you as I have failed pm me and I will look a little harder over Christmas break. What I will give you is this
Spoiler:
Show
And this
Spoiler:
Show
Anyhow I like your ideas and it would be cool to slipspace away like the core of a planet or star and watch the chaos that would follow