Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Cutter for Lord of Admirals

OP VerbalStatue253

Evening Spartans,

I replayed halo wars 2 earlier today and listened to Cutter rousing speech after Isabel begged to leave, which made me wonder. When the Spirit of fire rejoins the UNSC fleet and Cutter forms part of the command, am I the only who thinks he could become the next head of NavCom if Hood steps down or is killed?

He has been a Captain longer than Hood, as he trained under Cutter early in his career. He is clearly a tactical genius having commanded one ship against, Covenant, Banished, Forerunner and Flood and made the SoF a thorn in an enemy side and would be young enough in body thanks to cryo yet experienced enough in mind to outstrip anyone left in the UNSC. So is his rise inevitable?

Comment below.
Considering the situation thats happening with the Created, when the Spirit comes back they'll smash him eagerly into whatever position they can find for him simply to fill the hole left by the Created's rise.
The UNSC has lost a hell of a lot of ships now. The Spirit might be just what they need.
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
When the Created blockade finally cuts off the supply of Pina Coladas and JOTUN harvesters to an unremarkable, uncharted planet outside known UNSC-controlled space. One man will rise from the deck-chair on his private ranch and swear vengence on Cortana. A man who spat on the Covenant gods, a man with the highest kill count in UNSC history, a man who could make even a Spartan weep upon hearing the tale of the ballsiest last stand in human history.

The God-Admiral you are looking for, my friend, is Preston Jeremiah Cole.
When the Created blockade finally cuts off the supply of Pina Coladas and JOTUN harvesters to an unremarkable, uncharted planet outside known UNSC-controlled space. One man will rise from the deck-chair on his private ranch and swear vengence on Cortana. A man who spat on the Covenant gods, a man with the highest kill count in UNSC history, a man who could make even a Spartan weep upon hearing the tale of the ballsiest last stand in human history.

I'm all for the triumphant return of Admiral Cole.

Hahaha that goes without saying but until we get him, go with a man that served with him.
From what I've seen/played, I'd put Cutter above Hood regardless. To be fair, my knowledge of the EU/EM is fairly limited so Hood's deeds there escape my knowledge at present, but Cutter's presence is far more of what I consider to be a "Soldier's soldier" whereas Hood is (in my opinion) past his prime.