Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Dear Catalog since it seems your still active

OP FlyingCreeper89

Since I just saw you in a thread I have 3 questions that maybe you could answer?

1. What are the ships seen in truth?
  2. Where is the main menu take place (ship, station, etc....)?
  3. Is the multiplayer the same concept of halo 4 (war games)
Since I just saw you in a thread I have 3 questions that maybe you could answer?

Currently the catalog is "roaming" doing other tasks. It doesnt answer questions all the time. And seems to stick to threads that arnt directed at it currently.

Who knows you may get lucky. But only saying that so you know the situation.
Catalog isn't here in an official capasity. The first answer it gave was due to an error in an otherwise excellent article. The second answer was to a simple yes/no question that required no additional details.

You might want to be a bit more specific in question 1. Do you mean ship class or faction?

I think the multiplayer in Guardians is still being treated as training matches between spartan IV's, same as Halo 4.

EDIT: Catalog has been here around the same time both days, so you might want to time your post in the future. I doubt Catalog is going to stop by tomorrow though.
Also, from what I've seen, he doesn't answer multiple-question posts. He gave a syntax error last time lol
Wait where did you see Catalog roaming?
He was here a day or two ago explaining how starship engines and anti-gravity work.
He's posted a few responses in the past couple of days. One was regarding ODST's being active after 2558, a plasma in real life thread, and a troll bait thread.
Umm who or what is a catalog? Why is he/she/it mentioned in so many threads?
Catalog is a collective entity of Forerunner Juridical agents charged with recording, observing, and uploading information to the Juridical network. On this forum, it's an account role-playing as Catalog and it's used by someone at 343i (maybe Frankie) to answer in-universe questions. We refer to Catalog as "it" and it was considered improper by the Forerunners to refer to Catalog as individuals (i.e a Catalog).
343i employees read the forums. Whoever is in charge of Catalog (Likely GrimBrotherOne) can log on to reply to somehting if needs be.
Catalog is a 343 employee who answers people questions about the Halo lore. His answers are considered canon.
JV11077 wrote:

Catalog is a 343 employee who answers people questions about the Halo lore. His answers are considered canon.
Well the main discussion thread for it is here. Feel free to use it to discuss what it says there. Every post the Catalog has ever made is in that thread.
Linky

1. This query is answered in more depth within a separate thread.
2. Layout of environment is closely correlated with last known [symphony] of War Games environments aboard the UNSC Infinity.
3. Correct.
CIA391 wrote:

Currently the catalog is "roaming" doing other tasks. It doesnt answer questions all the time. And seems to stick to threads that arnt directed at it currently.

Lucky. I guess. Lol. See previous post
CIA391 wrote:

Lucky. I guess. Lol. See previous post
Yep I guess so. :D the Catalog is starting to be a lot more active again From the looks of things. Aka good sign for us. Maybe it will unlock the query thread and we can ask it queries again.
Yay!! Catalog answered, those questions have been running in my mind like a mad grunt without an elite!