[Locked] Describe Your Weapon

OP Killer Orca

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
SC Matt 7 wrote:
PVTJimmy1 wrote:
I know this thread is a bit old but here's one for you.

Weapon Designation: XM395-G
Role: High Power Marksman Rifle
Based On/Modified From: M395 DMR
Manufacturer: Archurian Defense Solutions
Notes: The 395-G overhauls the internals of the base platform. Exchanging the gas operation system and black powder cartridges for a magnetic rail system, this weapon can pierce shields with a single shot. However the rate of fire is significantly slower, the bolt has been moved to the right side and is now the only way to feed the modified rounds into the chamber. Former Spartan-III Andrew-G199, founder of ADS, remarks that the 395-G is highly effective against both Covenant energy shields and armor. Field tests are limited to Spartan operators due to the sheer weight of the weapon. Test results prove promising for a full contract with the UNSC for the Spartan Branch.
It's a mini-Stanchion. Nice.

...I wonder if Spartan J. Martinez would have been a pseudo-employee of ADS in some other timeline. (Also, I wonder what would Andrew-G199's reaction be in regards to the proposed eXIC, if production models would be considered.)
Missive From ADS: Director's Office
While the eXIC is an ... unconventional and interesting piece of hardware, it would be less expensive to the company to up-armor or modify a whole tank than to acquire the cannon system and attempt a Spartan portable system. Micro-missile technology is presently in the wheel house though.

Signed- Director of Company Operations Andrew-G199
Here's another one. I wonder how Martinez would react to it.

Weapon Designation: M739-XMMG (Pain Train)
Role: Anti-Armor Machine Gun
Based On/Modified From: M739 LMG/SAW
Notes:
  • Trading RoF for firepower, the XMMG is highly experimental. Replaces gas exchange system with computer controlled servos.
  • Rechambered for 20mm Micro-missiles. 36 round drum limits sustained fire but eliminates weight restrictions.
  • Especially effective against medium armor such as the Ghost, Revenant, and Banshee. Overly effective against infantry, including Promethean forces.
  • Recoil is extremely high and thus recommended for ODST or Spartan operators. Attachable bipod helps mitigate Smartlink enabled with tracking functionality in development.
  • UNSC already seeking contracts for finished products.
PVTJimmy1 wrote:
Here's another one. I wonder how Martinez would react to it.

Weapon Designation: M739-XMMG (Pain Train)
Role: Anti-Armor Machine Gun
Based On/Modified From: M739 LMG/SAW
Notes:
  • Trading RoF for firepower, the XMMG is highly experimental. Replaces gas exchange system with computer controlled servos.
  • Rechambered for 20mm Micro-missiles. 36 round drum limits sustained fire but eliminates weight restrictions.
  • Especially effective against medium armor such as the Ghost, Revenant, and Banshee. Overly effective against infantry, including Promethean forces.
  • Recoil is extremely high and thus recommended for ODST or Spartan operators. Attachable bipod helps mitigate Smartlink enabled with tracking functionality in development.
  • UNSC already seeking contracts for finished products.
Jeremy starts wondering if someone's been tapping into his mind. Though the MACK is definitely not 'based on' the M739...

• Weapon Designation: M106 Man-Portable Enemy Reduction Cannon, alternatively designated MACK (MAmmoth Combined Cannon)
  • Chambered in: 20mm Role: Heavy fire support, hallway clearer, precision breach weaponBased On/Modified From: M100 Special Implementation Rifle.
  • Manufacturer: SPARTAN-IV Jeremy Martinez, Apex Four
  • All previous specs from the M100 apply if not directly contradicted.
One of the problems with the original M100 was rate of fire. The M106 'solves' this with two independently-fed barrels, the weapon itself being comparable to two Special Implementation Rifles encased within a larger tube of non-magnetic material. Improvements in the feed system allow the weapon to graduate from its previous state of bolt-action to limited-automatic fire. Standard magazines count twenty-four rounds each under standard operation, limited in scale due to the weapon being fed from the top.

The reasoning for the designation of Combined Cannon is evident when one considers the third barrel included in the rifle assembly; a Sentinel beam scavenged from its previous holder during an engagement with Covenant Remnant forces at a vault-like structure in one of Requiem's deserts. With the assistance of one of Infinity's onbo@%$^@$INFORMATION|CORRUPTED$^@^&*$@, the [weapon-smith] managed to increase the focus of the beam to around the diameter of 1.7 centimeters; in comparison with its original diameter of 10.6 centimeters. Needless to say, that is a terrifying amount of energy in such a small space. Preliminary tests have the Purification Sentinel Beam able to carve through, with nearly fifteen point eight seconds of continuous exposure, even the thick nanolaminate shields that Mgalekgolo warriors are equipped with. Given the span of eighteen minutes, MACK is capable of shearing even a Type 47 UHAP in twain.

This weapon is banned from WarGames training scenarios and competitive matches.
Weapon Designation: ARSR-950 Asymmetric Recoilless Sniper Rifle
Role: Anti-materiel sniper
Based On/Modified From: ARC-920 Asymmetric Recoilless Carbine [Arclight]
Manufacturer: Acheron Security
Notes:
  • Longer barrel, enhanced battery cells, and larger magazine capacity (3 rounds) compared to standard ARC-920.
  • Uses upsized versions of the Arclight's APHE rounds.
  • Optional bipod.
  • Default 4x/8x variable scope.
  • Increased charge time.
  • Charge can be held indefinitely
Imagine some kind of weird fusion of the Arclight, Spartan Laser, and Sniper Rifle.
DMR with Forerunner/Needler like tracking rounds. Bullet magnetism to the 11th degree!
Experimental Special Application Rifle 55Bravo (XSAR-55B)

Ammunition; Directed energy/ Battery

Rof; 6 shots per battery 9 shots per minute

Description; Given the success of the M6 Nonlinear rifle and a requirement for the UNSC in 2555 to research and develop a new generation Anti material rifle, the Vulcan Defence Systems company proposed the XSAR-55 for tenure.

Aiming to build on the technology of the latest variant of the M6 while incorporating technologies gained and exploited at the end of the war the XSAR had numerous hurdles to counter. Firstly was the need to eliminate the ubiquitous glow by the laser prior to firing while not mitigating the capability of the shot. The solution was a hybrid ceramic titanium floating barrel fitted within a similarly constructed stock. This was coupled with a heat mitigation baffler for control of the excess heat. A flash eliminater was also fitted to reduce the glow from the shot and to further disapate heat. This change also allows for the energy to be constantly cycled within an electromagnetic field, allowing for immediate release due to the nature of the environment and operators using the weapon.

The more focused shot immediately reaped benefits as penetration dramatically increased even over greater distances than initially predicted. It was found the focused shot had greater chance of defeating most energy shielding before it's energy could be 'dumped' upon impact. The residual energy immediately defeated any target pass the barrier, often causing armour spawling at the point of impact and intense burning, rendering most forms of cover useless and a potential damage amplifier. Burning was found to be especially extensive on electronics and organic targets. The use of an electromagnetic charge is currently being tested to further assist in energy shield disruption and destruction of a target's electrical circuits.
(NB effect on biological targets resulted in 2nd degree burning across larger potions of the body, significant nerve and brain damage, arcing from shielding often caused blindness)

A newer series of battery was developed explicitly for use with the new rifle. It focused on more efficient expenditure of energy with a minimum increase of energy storage. Through the use of relatively more exotic materials this was achieved without drastically increasing the battery weight. A brand new sighting system was developed so to maximise the weapons potential. Aside from having the various low light and IR settings, the company successfully reversed engineered the Z-5080 spectrum augmenter for use at extended range. It offers the operator an unparalleled amount of data prior to taking a shot. The flare from use of the augmenter has been reduced but it is encouraged to only use this for short periods to prevent discovery. A playback camera feature can be accessed if the user is operating in Mjlinor or a ViSR enabled helmet. A dedicated simple AI was also developed to assist the weapon operator in maximising weapon usage, however it was noted the some operators tend to relegate it to more menial tasks.
The stock or body of the weapon utilises a self packing form of storage similar to the M6, with the optical systems, trigger assembly and bipod folding away into the stock, while the barrel partially collapses upon itself all to reduce any potential damage while in transit or in the field.

Various attachments were proposed and tested, however the two more frequented options have been a multi target designator and a suppressor. The MS-55K Multi Target Acquisition System uses a multi spectrum laser to paint as many as 8 targets at once. This data can be shared with other 55B operators, 99D shooters, heavy ordinance support teams or artillery/ close air or orbital strike packages. When coupled with the 5190 augmenter, the real time target data and positioning is so precise that even ordinance teams and CAS are able to plan precise flightpaths and best weapon system for the target. The suppression system is made of tenser level of exotic material similar to the barrel, with operators describing the dissipating heat as shimmering glass and the shot being turned to a whisper. The weight of the suppressor usually discourage operators from usage unless necessary.

The weapon was field tested by ***Redacted*** and saw impressive results. ***Redacted*** used the 55B against hostile armour and soft targets and noted;

"it defeated a human finger width of shielding to leave a brute fist size hole of spawled, melted armour on the ***Redacted*** leaving the driver with a BBQ pit that was once it's chest cavity and the vehicle rendered inoperable without a major electric overhaul."

This was repeated on three more vehicles of the same class. This particular spec of the XSAR-55B was dubbed the Scowl of Ra.

The cost of production, level of complex, largely classified technologies and exotic nature of the weapon has kept it away from inventory list of all conventional and even some special operation units, with the Office of Naval Intelligence opting for strict control on the issue of the weapon, often to its most skilled acquision and procecution teams for HVT/HVA prosecution. However Spartan branch upon discovery of the weapon system has ordered an unspecified amount for test and evaluation with various fireteams.
Weapon Designation: X07 Dual-Swap Magnum

Role: Can serve two different purposes, recon and loud combat.

Based On: Tactical Magnum

Manufacturer: Damien X-057 (my spartan)

Notes: What makes this gun unique is that it has a switch that pops a silencer onto the barrel and off again. In my fiction my spartan used his knowledge from firearm design courses to build this gun himself, starting from a standard issue Tactical Magnum. People have asked, but he refuses to make the gun for anyone else.
Fiddy Nic wrote:

Notes: What makes this gun unique is that it has a switch that pops a silencer onto the barrel and off again. In my fiction my spartan used his knowledge from firearm design courses to build this gun himself, starting from a standard issue Tactical Magnum. People have asked, but he refuses to make the gun for anyone else.
Where does the suppressor (its not a silencer; no one but civilians call it that because it doesnt SILENCE the weapon) stay when its not being used? Is it under the barrel and there's a lever that moves it into position?
And if thats the case, why not just keep it in a belt pouch and screw it onto the front like most attachable suppresors of the current era? Extra parts means a higher likely hood of a stoppage.
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
Fiddy Nic wrote:

Where does the suppressor (its not a silencer; no one but civilians call it that because it doesnt SILENCE the weapon) stay when its not being used? Is it under the barrel and there's a lever that moves it into position?
And if thats the case, why not just keep it in a belt pouch and screw it onto the front like most attachable suppresors of the current era? Extra parts means a higher likely hood of a stoppage.
If the suppressor is not on, it lays open like a claw just beneath the barrel. When you click the switch, it jolts up and closes around the barrel.
Oh goody! a thread for firearms! I've got two i've drawn before

Weapon Designation: M10 Series Submachine Gun
Role: SWAT Submachine in powerful M6 Series 12.7x40mm Caliber
Based On/Modified From (Leave Blank If Original): M7 SMG, M6 Series, Real Life UMP-45
Manufacturer: Misriah Armory
Notes (Anything interesting, quirks, famous users, flavor stuff.)
Specifications
Caliber: 12.7x40mm
Standard Issue Magazine Capacity: 30 Rounds
Rate of Fire: 600 - 750 RPM
Weight: 1.9 Kilograms; Unloaded
Effective Range: 225 Meters with Stock 10 Inch Barrel and M228 12.7x40mm
Optics: Factory Issue Removable Ironsights, Variable

Standard SWAT Model M10 SMG
Caliber: 12.7x40mm M228 SAP-HP
Magazine: 30 Rounds
Rate of Fire: 720 RPM
Weight: 2.3 Kilograms Unloaded with all attachments
Effective Range: 200 Meters
Optics: SLS/V 5B Smart-Linked Scope
Muzzle Device: 12.7mm Caliber Sound Suppressor

I've got more but I'll post this one for time-constraints.
Fiddy Nic wrote:
Fiddy Nic wrote:

If the suppressor is not on, it lays open like a claw just beneath the barrel. When you click the switch, it jolts up and closes around the barrel.
Whats the tactical point of it? And more importantly what happens if dirt or grit (or shards of a blamite round, or a close call from a plasma bolt) fouls the mechanism? Can you just tear it off and use it standard?
Seems a little bit...over-complicated. And any soldier worth his salt will tell you that the more complicated a weapon is the less reliable. Take a look at any early self loading rifle.
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
Weapon Designation: M599 EC (Hand of Zeus)
Role: Anti-Armor Support Cannon
Based On/Modified From: M555 EL
Notes:
  • Using the same firing principles as the M555 Electromagnetic Launcher, the M599 functions more like a shoulder mounted launcher than a turret.
  • The “Hand” features a better power pack, improved heat sinks and charge rate.
  • The 25x130mm slug has been modified and now features a tandem warhead, granting it higher armor penetration.
  • The weight of the weapon helps reduce recoil but restricts the weapon to augmented personnel.
  • Field tests with the “Hand” have shown that two simultaneous shots can render a T-58 LAGC Temple variant inoperable.
  • Given the cost of production, the line is limited. The UNSC has been debating contracting this weapon in place of the M555 EL, however the limitations who can use it make the debate endless.
  • Having helped design the weapon, Andrew-G199 has become quite fond of personally testing each one produced.
I can’t find these anywhere, so I’m sorry if they are already weapons in the Halo Universe as ideas or concepts. I’m thinking something compact, that fires a smaller round. Maybe a 5.56x45mm Sidearm, along the lines of the M20, M7 or M6J. It would be accessible to ONI, ODSTs and SIV’s, and it’s purpose would be Close Quarters sidearm, as well as be issued in a gear-pack for pilots, allowing them to pack a little more firepower if they end up crashing. Would be modular, allowing for standard iron sights, or maybe some sort of red dot. I also believe a weapon using 7.92x33mm Mauser and substituting as a All-Purpose rifle. Can be attached with a multitude of attachments, ranging from a 2x to an under-barrel launcher or grip. Bullpup seems to work well for the UNSC, and the theme can continue. For the Sidearm, maybe the designation “M7A” and for the rifle something like “MA5R.”
Weapon Designation: EXotic Enhanced Scout Sidearm mark 3 (EXESS)
Role: As the UNSC began fighting in more extreme conditions, scouts were forced to carry lighter weapons in order to maintain a fair pace across the difficult terrain. This was not a problem until they began fighting the Covenant and later the Prometheans whose heavy armour and shielding made their weapons woefully ineffective. However, the problem here was also the solution and the UNSC reverse engineered captured technology and used it to enhance weapon so that scout units could maintain their light armament without sacrificing their fire power.
Based On/Modified From: Magnum with added forerunner hardlight tech
Manufacturer: Coyote Military Solutions in collaboration with Alpine Hardlight
Notes: The EXESS has gone through multiple stages, the first was the brainchild of an engineer at CMS who modified a captured covenant plasma pistol to be more suited to a human wielder. After being approached by the UNSC to create a standardised model, the CMS began work on reverse engineering the plasma pistol so that they could build their own, eventually producing a weapon that resembled the Magnum pistol with a larger but short barrel, nicknamed the "Funnel" by UNSC watershed testers. Unfortunately it was deemed unfit for purpose by the UNSC as it was too heavy to be practical and could only be shot a few times as its power consumption was so high. Furthermore it was almost impossible for scouts to clean or repair in the field as it relied on dangerous and unfamiliar technology not understood by even most engineers let alone soldiers. In the testing process, 3 testers were killed and a 4th badly burned when the EXESS mk 2 exploded during an inspection for damage.
The project was shelfed until captured Promethean technology was reverse engineered by Alpine Hardlight and CMS realised that they could use it to improve the EXESS and eventually released it to the Watershed Division who tested and approved it for field testing, which it is currently undergoing with excellent reviews from users. Currently CMS and Alpine Hardlight are attempting to use the same technology to allow for downsizing of other UNSC weapons, namely the niper Rifle System 99 Anti-Matériel.
Hacv wrote:
I can’t find these anywhere, so I’m sorry if they are already weapons in the Halo Universe as ideas or concepts. I’m thinking something compact, that fires a smaller round. Maybe a 5.56x45mm Sidearm, along the lines of the M20, M7 or M6J. It would be accessible to ONI, ODSTs and SIV’s, and it’s purpose would be Close Quarters sidearm, as well as be issued in a gear-pack for pilots, allowing them to pack a little more firepower if they end up crashing. Would be modular, allowing for standard iron sights, or maybe some sort of red dot. I also believe a weapon using 7.92x33mm Mauser and substituting as a All-Purpose rifle. Can be attached with a multitude of attachments, ranging from a 2x to an under-barrel launcher or grip. Bullpup seems to work well for the UNSC, and the theme can continue. For the Sidearm, maybe the designation “M7A” and for the rifle something like “MA5R.”
Just a friendly warning to not revive old threads. Thank you!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2