Forums / Community / Halo Universe

"Did she say I was old?"

OP Lupinthrope

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Buck: :(
Well Buck is rather old. Not as old as the Chief, but definitely older than the rest of Osiris. And as New Blood points out, Buck is intentionally holding back from being in a squad leader position despite being more than qualified.
Cortana's comments were genuinely mean and hurtful. She's always been pretty sarcastic and somewhat cheeky, but it's never seemed legitimately cruel before. She had never said anything so cruel about her previous enemies. The worst she had done before was imply that Regret was megalomaniac and state that the Gravemind is no Keats. In Halo 5 she literally taunts Tanaka about her trauma on Minab and infer that she self-harms, taunts Buck about his age and subordinate status, taunts Vale for her relationship with her farther, and implies that Locke is a cold-blooded murderer.

Even if she is corrupted, that seems very out of her character. She's always been pretty witty and sarcastic; I've always loved her banter. But that's the only time it's ever seemed hateful and vindictive.
Cortana's comments were genuinely mean and hurtful. She's always been pretty sarcastic and somewhat cheeky, but it's never seemed legitimately cruel before. She had never said anything so cruel about her previous enemies. The worst she had done before was imply that Regret was megalomaniac and state that the Gravemind is no Keats. In Halo 5 she literally taunts Tanaka about her trauma on Minab and infer that she self-harms, taunts Buck about his age and subordinate status, taunts Vale for her relationship with her farther, and implies that Locke is a cold-blooded murderer.

Even if she is corrupted, that seems very out of her character. She's always been pretty witty and sarcastic; I've always loved her banter. But that's the only time it's ever seemed hateful and vindictive.
It's pretty obvious that Cortana is not the Cortana we have grown to know. I would argue that she is still rampant, if anything.

However, she's still intelligent and is using psychological tactics to try and distract the team from fighting effectively.
Well Buck is rather old. Not as old as the Chief, but definitely older than the rest of Osiris. And as New Blood points out, Buck is intentionally holding back from being in a squad leader position despite being more than qualified.
Buck is actually a couple months older than Chief
Buck is old, comparatively to everyone else. He does have a lot more combat and everything else than everyone else.
I was going to make a thread about this. Characters on Osiris are well done. Buck falls twice. He's in there with 20 year olds. I noticed it on mission 5. Its really awesome that they show even Spartans doing this. It adds that contrast to blue team.
Buck has not only been around some time, but Combat has aged him as well.
Buck is actually a couple months older than Chief
Yeah, Buck born on August 22, 2510; and Master Chief born on March 7, 2511
There's a name for people like Cortana, but for now we'll just call her...Squidward.
I loved that part. It's like Cortana repesented the fans who said stuff like that before game came out. Except maybe for the one about Buck... It was still funny though.

Cortana is true SII elitist.
I think that Cortana was picking their psychological weak spots to show them that she was almost omnipresent
Buck should be the leader, but he plays his part very well. Buck is by far the best Spartan on Osiris.
I think Cortana was still butthurt from when Locke said "You weren't born, you were made." so she was trying to get a couple hits in.

See im not so sure it was out of character. She was pretty barbed towards Spark. also while we haven't seen this sort of behaviour from her (at least not to this extent) her brain donor Halsey has shown the ability to be quite mean and hurtful when she chooses to be.
That was my favorite line all game lol
Well that and cheif and lockes conflict
Juhox7751 wrote:
I loved that part. It's like Cortana repesented the fans who said stuff like that before game came out. Except maybe for the one about Buck... It was still funny though.

And still do.
Buck is the only one that has long military experience. The rest are basically children.
There's a name for people like Cortana, but for now we'll just call her...Squidward.
You win XD

Juhox7751 wrote:

XD spot on spot on
he is a year older then master chief
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2