Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Did the Domain really fix Cortana?

OP Nihilus Shadow

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
I suspect that if 343 feels backed into a corner narrative-wise, they'll come out in the future saying that the domain didn't actually "fix" Cortana, but instead caused one of her rampant personalities to take complete control over her.
Sierra0331 wrote:
Hey guys, this thread is from the beginning of the year... make sure y’all check the dates of the last posts before replying.
The posts are on topic and constructive so I'll leave it be. In the future just report this kind of stuff, please. No need to comment.
My bad Comedy, I forgot that the monitors aren’t so short handed anymore.
I don't think the Domain fixed Cortana, quite the opposite. I think with her taking over the Warden Eternal - as well as the emergence of her "new" Knights and Soldiers - that Cortana corrupted the Domain. Similar to what she did to Aine, but on a much larger scale. I think we're about to see Forerunner things take a much more "insane" turn, as the commander at their helm is essentially mad. Cortana in Halo 5 was hardly a font of goodwill and wisdom, and instead quoted the Didact verbatim while causing the deaths of millions. I would hope that to counter this actual Forerunners (Chakas seemed to think the Librarian was still alive) would enter the fold to aid against their constructs turned rampant. It would certainly be interesting to see Cortana (possibly corrupted by the Didact) and her mechanical army face off against the living resistance.
I am curious to see how the Cortana/Chief story ends. However it end will and may have a permanent effect on 117.
I am curious to see how the Cortana/Chief story ends. However it end will and may have a permanent effect on 117.
It should have ended already with her death in H4 but no 343i or Microsoft(I'm convinced they have their hands in this) decided to bring her back making her death pointless in H4. H5 should have been the story of 117 coming ot terms with her death and accepting it and moving on while fighting the Ur-Didact not about him fightning against Miss Skynet/CLU 2.0 rip-off/generic A.I. Rebillion.
In a way its like the domain made her rampancy worse but its also out of forerunner control.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3