Forums / Community / Halo Universe

DMR or Battle Rifle? Which one do you prefer?

OP REX J HOUSTON

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Which one of the 2 most popular and mid to long range UNSC weapons do you prefer to use? The single shot DMR, or the 3 burst round Battle Rifle?
Halo CE Pistol by far.
M395 DMR. Not a fan of the M392 DMR's physical design. Battle Rifle is a good all-around weapon but not really my thing.
LbonB312 wrote:
Halo CE Pistol by far.
That wasn't one of the options, but, uh, sure.
M395 DMR. Not a fan of the M392 DMR's physical design. Battle Rifle is a good all-around weapon but not really my thing.
LbonB312 wrote:
Halo CE Pistol by far.
That wasn't one of the options, but, uh, sure.
But it beats ghost, hunter, and everything. It's necessary to mention it.
DMR if you can get headshots a the time
DMR hands down, never liked the burst feature and for that matter...wasting ammo
I’m more of a fan of the DMR. True the battle rifle does waste a bit of ammo but it’s fire rate is faster than that of the DMR.
DMR. Don't like 3 round burst weapons in any game.
DMR for me. I fell in love with it since Reach.
I prefer the BR, the DMR is too slow
Between the two it's a tough decision but I normally go on the side of the battle rifle. Even when Halo:Reach came out I was a little confused over the implementation of the DMR because if we had a mainstay armament that does the same thing and is functionally better in every way to the battle rifle (surpassing power and range), then why are we still using the battle rifle? And to some extent it (the DMR) has more ammo because you can drop an elite that much faster.

So I normally side with the battle rifle because it's established in usage as early as Halo Wars, and was used in at least two of the original games. As such Halo: Reach actually introduced a weapon that would've made the original three games easier if it existed then and that's kind of problematic from a continuity point.
DMR (The Reach DMR, not the one from 4 or 5)
Which one of the 2 most popular and mid to long range UNSC weapons do you prefer to use? The single shot DMR, or the 3 burst round Battle Rifle?
Depends, are you talking to the army, or the marines?
Really depends on what role you are playing in the battlefield in my honest opinion. If you are support then a DMR, if offensive then a BR
Most likely DMR.
I will say DMR... But I am not a fan of both.
I am a fan of semi automatic rifles in any game, but the DMR fires too slowly for my liking. It's for balancing purposes, but I like the idea of spraying rounds out of fear. The carbine scratches that certain itch.
Carbine>everything else in all of the games ever. BR=Scrubz, package of wet noodles>DMR.
Praise unto carbine, the real hero of halo ce-2. Facts.
Halo 2 Battle Riffle, but I prefer the DMR over halo 3,4 and 5 Battle Riffles
Halo 2 BR <3
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4