Forums / Community / Halo Universe

DMR or Battle Rifle? Which one do you prefer?

OP REX J HOUSTON

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
H2 BR by far. Then the BR then the DMR, though that largely depends on the map. If it has long sight lines ill probably go with the DMR, if not, ill stick with the BR. Besides, in WZ BR's have a REQ lvl of 3. You don't get access to the DMR till lvl 6.
BR for mid, DMR for long range. DMR is somewhat more satisfying to use given that the BR is often a common loadout or starting weapon so it can get old.
DMR if you give me a energy blade tip on it so I can melee around
Battle Rifle. I hate Reach's DMR. Halo 5's, on the other hand, its good. Just too easy to use, still has bloom and huge hitboxes. I like Halo 2, 3 and 5s BR. My personal favorite is..yes...Halo 3s. 2's is broken but still fun to use, and its RoF is a little too fast for my liking. Halo 5's was too easy to use for a time and had big hitboxes/high bullet magnetism. Now it's quite unpredictable with control, has spread that it doesn't need, has a better RoT and the same hitboxes and magnetism. Halo 3's has just a little too slow of a RoT but still handles great and feels fantastic to use, ten and a half years later. Yes it has spread, the servers were finicky, it has projectile physics that needed improvement (or hitscan used instead). That aside I still love the BR more, and Halo 3s the best. Reach's DMR has massive bloom that destroyed the game's pace and gameplay flow. I don't like its visual design as much as Halo 5s - 5's is so nice. I used to hate that part about it. Then you have its absurdly slow melee animation. On the side, Halo 5 DMR > Reach DMR
To me, the BR is for short to mid range, and the DMR is mid to long range. They both have their uses, depending on the situation. For me it is comparing apples to apples, you have a granny smith, then you have the red delicious, both are good but different.
I'm definitely a DMR guy myself, I think its way more useful at longer ranges, like outside of red reticle range. BR is pretty much useless out side of red reticle range, so in the absense of sniper I just stick with DMR
Hard choice indeed. But I still prefer my trusty Battle Rifle.
The dmr because its so precise and i love useing it on the rig map
DMR: For the competitive players out there

Battle Rifle: For the casuals!
I like the battle riffle because yu get more rounds fired from it than yu do on the dmr
BR is my preference. I like its rate of fire over the DMR.

Of course, I'd only choose the BR when the CE pistol isn't around
;-)
I'd much rather have the H2 Battle Rifle however if it's between the H5 variant then I'm going with the DMR.
I have to go with the battle rifle all day. I feel it’s just a more steady all around more useful weapon. The Dmr feels like it’s only useful in certain situations.
I prefer to play Halo: MCC so the DMR isn’t even available to me most of the time
If we’re talking about the H2 BR I’ll be going with that.
The BR.
LbonB312 wrote:
Halo CE Pistol by far.
When you play the second level of Combat Evolved on Legendary, you very quickly come to realise that the CE Pistol is very overrated.
DMR, as I dislike the three-round burst, but I'll honestly take a Carbine over either of the two if I can get my hands on one.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5