Forums / Community / Halo Universe

DMR or Battle Rifle? Which one do you prefer?

OP REX J HOUSTON

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
In-game, I despise both, and prefer the Carbine.
DMR for more precise and calculated shots.
If we are talking just normal DMR and Battle Rifle, I would pick DMR at long range and Battle Rifle at close range.
I like the design of the dmr m392, but I prefer the br85 because at the moment I think it is the most balanced and the halo 2 in halo 5 feels good when using it :3
I think the BR will always be the best because it is much more easier to use and is accessible in my opinion.

BR - A fun weapon to use, a good starting point for people who do not favour accurate shots.

DMR - For players who like more accuracy in their shots and want their shots tested with perfectly paced aiming. DMR is also a fun weapon to use.

That's how I see these weapons, they are made in my eyes for different playstyles and they are great for entirely different reasons.
I prefer the dmr
I like both and I believe that both can co-exist in a Halo game. They both have a place in the game and that’s good for the player because that provides options.
DMR for those moments when Sniper Rifle isn;t around. Battle Riffle for short range battles.
The DMR, the only good Battle Rifle was the Halo 2 BR; the others were just far too inaccurate.
The battle rifle is awesome
For me, it depends in which game, and which version of the rifles. If those two weapons were avaiable in all of the games at the same time, in halo 2 i would choose the DMR, in Halo 3 the br at short range and DMR at mid-range, in Halo Reach, the BR if it was avaiable, because it has zero bloom, unlike the DMR, not having in count the Title Update from 2011, which eliminates or reduces the bloom of some weapons, if I count the TU settings, I would choose the DMR. In Halo 4, its hard to choose, Im pretty good with those weapons, but i get more kills with the BR running around the map, so BR in Halo 4. In Halo 5, not counting the Halo 2 BR, I think I would choose the normal DMR or Centinel DMR (variable zoom option). The BR in Halo 5 feels a little weird. Im not saying I dont like it, but in BTB I never use the BR in mid-long range, for that I use the DMR, I use the BR to fight in CQB or mid-range combat with the Visr link. If we are talking in canon, I would choose the DMR above every weapon
Dmr, you can shoot from long distances
Battle Rifle. Preferably the Halo 2 or Halo 4 version.

I didn't really like the DMR until Halo 4 introduced the new version. I still don't like it enough to use it all the time, but it's okay.
In-game, I despise both, and prefer the Carbine.
What do you have against them? Are you only talking about Halo 5?

I like the BR from pretty much all the games, although I acknowledge that skilled marksmen can hit DMR shots pretty fast.
battle rifle, wasn't a fan of the dmr at all in halo reach and i'm still not
This is a tough one but I like the BR, it's just the classic and the sound of the burst fire is what puts it over the edge.
I will always love the br over the dmr.
DMR for me. Spent countless hours on Reach so it's my go-to weapon.
I’m going with the DMR. Used to be a BR fan but slowly got converted over to a DMR, I still use both obviously but DMR gets the spotlight this time.
Dmr seems like a sniper to me so I prefer the battle rifle
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5