Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Does any one know who the ai in chief's helmet is?

OP BRAN Mendicant

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
RABIH117 wrote:
RABIH117 wrote:
RABIH117 wrote:
Halsey is on infinity and she has her brain. Maybe a Cortana clone (offensive bias much?)
Somebody didn't read up on the lore. Hate to break it to you, but it was revealed YEARS ago that Halsey already made multiple Cortana clones/backups.
Alright then, enlighten me as to how:
  • Halsey will be able to acquire cloning technology
  • Acquire the genetic material and resources to make a clone
  • Ensure that the clone safely develops and grows to full maturity
  • Harvest (kill) the clone by using its brain as a blueprint
  • Acquire even more technology to make a smart AI from scratch
All while desperately on the run from Cortana and with S-IVs, S-IIs, Lasky/Roland and the Swords of Sanghelios keeping an ONI-style watch on her. This is a group of people, may I remind you, who would probably sooner surrender to the Created than let Halsey go through with this.

Go on, I'll be waiting.
Halo infinite takes place 2 years post halo 5. Enough time to make another Cortana as technology advanced light years after discovering forerunner tech ( see black.box and other smart AIs created after the original halo trilogy)
Also do you really think ONI cares? Humanity is on the brink of extinction and if you ready bad blood you will see a lot of things are done without much approval. Anything that can change the tides of war.

I'm not saying the chip is Cortana 100% but it's plausible and I don't know why you're totally against it. I'm not the only one thinking this
Oh wow, I didn't know Lasky, all the Spartans and the Swords of Sanghelios worked for ONI now. What a twist!
Also, humanity's on the brink of extinction now? Were you even paying attention during Halo 5? Cortana doesn't want to wipe out all life, she wants to control it, BIG difference there.
And for the last point, if you're saying that Halsey will create an AI that isn't derived from her own genetic blueprint, that's still fine. The idea that I'm against is her making a "younger sibling" of Cortana. That's poor writing and characterisation for a whole bunch of characters. If someone else wants to volunteer their brain for a new AI I have nothing against that. Even if it won't be very effective, as | Dr Halsey | has already pointed out.
EVERYONE has worked or is working for ONI and if they haven't then you can bet ONI is keeping watch in them and trying to influence them however they please. The Office of Naval Intelliegence has its scope set on any and everyone and everything that they deem worth it.
RABIH117 wrote:
RABIH117 wrote:
RABIH117 wrote:
Halsey is on infinity and she has her brain. Maybe a Cortana clone (offensive bias much?)
Somebody didn't read up on the lore. Hate to break it to you, but it was revealed YEARS ago that Halsey already made multiple Cortana clones/backups.
All while desperately on the run from Cortana and with S-IVs, S-IIs, Lasky/Roland and the Swords of Sanghelios keeping an ONI-style watch on her. This is a group of people, may I remind you, who would probably sooner surrender to the Created than let Halsey go through with this.

Go on, I'll be waiting.
Halo infinite takes place 2 years post halo 5. Enough time to make another Cortana as technology advanced light years after discovering forerunner tech ( see black.box and other smart AIs created after the original halo trilogy)
Also do you really think ONI cares? Humanity is on the brink of extinction and if you ready bad blood you will see a lot of things are done without much approval. Anything that can change the tides of war.

I'm not saying the chip is Cortana 100% but it's plausible and I don't know why you're totally against it. I'm not the only one thinking this
Oh wow, I didn't know Lasky, all the Spartans and the Swords of Sanghelios worked for ONI now. What a twist!
Also, humanity's on the brink of extinction now? Were you even paying attention during Halo 5? Cortana doesn't want to wipe out all life, she wants to control it, BIG difference there.
And for the last point, if you're saying that Halsey will create an AI that isn't derived from her own genetic blueprint, that's still fine. The idea that I'm against is her making a "younger sibling" of Cortana. That's poor writing and characterisation for a whole bunch of characters. If someone else wants to volunteer their brain for a new AI I have nothing against that. Even if it won't be very effective, as | Dr Halsey | has already pointed out.
Yes humanity is on the brink of extinction. Have you read halo bad blood? It explains what Cortana is doing (not as much as I would have liked it to) but most of humanity, including the insurrection movements, are resisting her causing her to use the Guardians and armigere to neutralize them. When the Guardians EMP the areas, a lot of stations of planets and moons without habitual atmospheres with humans died. If the planets are resisting her she doesn't give any aid. Also humanity's population was also already low after the human-covenant war. So yes they are on the brink of extinction and pretty much ONI and any insurrection group have the same goals to eliminate the Cortana threat.

Second, yes I did mean it could be another cortana. I wouldn't pass it by 343. The reason I was thinking it's Cortana is because Cortana says in halo 4 that Halsey will be replacing her. I also believe it's another Cortana to give the nostalgia feeling to the player and because the chip was a bright blue exactly like Cortana. 343 can come out and say hey 2 years is enough for Halsey to clone herself and create another Cortana. Possibly to show that humanty is repeating what the forerunners did (offensive bias vs mendicant bias). I am not saying I'm correct. No one can say they are correct until the game comes out or extended content.
Good point. No one can really know right now, I guess, but as they're saying Infinite picks up immediately after Halo 5, there'll have to be a pretty clean explanation (famous last words).
Infinite take place about a year after halo 5. In the teaser, when it shows the inside of the pelican, there is a screen on it which, correct me if i'm wrong, may 6, 2559.
Good point. No one can really know right now, I guess, but as they're saying Infinite picks up immediately after Halo 5, there'll have to be a pretty clean explanation (famous last words).
Infinite take place about a year after halo 5. In the teaser, when it shows the inside of the pelican, there is a screen on it which, correct me if i'm wrong, may 6, 2559.
Good eyes. My point though was more that to leave Halo 5 as they did, and pick up a new game without a resolution on the Cortana situation, would be pretty crazy.
It is difficult to know just yet. I know that AI have colours to them, and the colour of the chip could indicate the colour of the AI, however, it has never really been explained if the colour of the chip is always blue, or if it changes to the colour of the AI.

Who knows? Lets hope we get a gameplay or story trailer before the end of 2018.
RABIH117 wrote:
RABIH117 wrote:
Yes i did read the lore but do you think Halsey miraculously has those copies in her pocket right now running away from Cortana?

Which is why I said she will make another copy

Go on, I'll be waiting.
Let me take a swing at this.

1. The infinity has advanced medical facilities on it, some of these will most likely contain small cloning facilities for flash cloning new organs.
2. Halsey herself has the genetic material as the original Cortana was made from a clone of Halsey.
3. Flash cloning.
4. Flash clones tend to die soon after being cloned, note this is only a problem for full clones and not individual organs.
5. Well we don't really know what it takes to make a smart AI, so who's to say that the infinity does not have the required tech?

Well there was my 2 cents, hope it helped.
I am predicting that Halsey creates another AI for Chief . I wouldn’t be opposed to that as long as the character is developed well throughout the campaign. Let’s not make this new character seem dull and empty at times like Locke and his team or the rest of blue team. Spend time brining this character to life! This would also create an interesting dynamic when Cortana finds out about it. She seems like the jealous type.
ML526 wrote:
This theory is pretty interesting. Tin foil hat required, probably, but it's a fun watch.
That is some tin-foil hat stuff right there.
<p></p>
It's probably just showing off the new engine, but I could be wrong.
smasher555 wrote:
RABIH117 wrote:
RABIH117 wrote:

Go on, I'll be waiting.
Let me take a swing at this.

1. The infinity has advanced medical facilities on it, some of these will most likely contain small cloning facilities for flash cloning new organs.
2. Halsey herself has the genetic material as the original Cortana was made from a clone of Halsey.
3. Flash cloning.
4. Flash clones tend to die soon after being cloned, note this is only a problem for full clones and not individual organs.
5. Well we don't really know what it takes to make a smart AI, so who's to say that the infinity does not have the required tech?

Well there was my 2 cents, hope it helped.
So you're assuming everyone on Infinity and Sanghelios are just gonna let her do what she wants while also being under constant attack from the Created?
I am predicting that Halsey creates another AI for Chief . I wouldn’t be opposed to that as long as the character is developed well throughout the campaign. Let’s not make this new character seem dull and empty at times like Locke and his team or the rest of blue team. Spend time brining this character to life! This would also create an interesting dynamic when Cortana finds out about it. She seems like the jealous type.
But would you be ok if it turns out to simply be a Cortana clone behaving like her pre-Halo 3 self? And then defeating evil Cortana with the power of FRIENDSHIP and LOVE like what Rabih117 seems to be suggesting.
Is there any way for 343 guilty spark to become an a.i.
I'm guessing that it may be Roland or even the AI from Halo Wars 2 being that 343 is setting up the playing field for Spirit of Fire to make an Epic return.
I just hope that the Infinity didn't spend the last year making random jumps all over the place. Seems like that could be a big loop hole to exploit.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2