I was looking up stuff on Halo 5 and the term Elder Hunter came up. Just wanted to know what it is and how it differs from a regular Hunter.
Checkout gameplay on Raid on Apex7. That's where they are featured most.
My guess is that will be more dangerous and experienced than previous Hunters. I'm excited to see what they can do.
Keep in mind that many of the "rank" style titles used in Warzone are specific to the UNSC's war games simulations and not necessarily reflective of a canonical entity.
ya id think they would be just harder hunters than the usual group
Elder Hunters... I would think maybe they would be veterans of the war?
Elder Hunter's seem more tough and more armed. But i'm not sure. Just going off of what I was on the Apex 7 video
Keep in mind that many of the "rank" style titles used in Warzone are specific to the UNSC's war games simulations and not necessarily reflective of a canonical entity.
You guys should create some sort of special Grunt unit that tremendously kick butt.
Like, he uses the gravity hammer. Some sort ... chief or war or something like that.
You guys should create some sort of special Grunt unit that tremendously kick butt.
Like, he uses the gravity hammer. Some sort ... chief or war or something like that.
Holy mother of....
A single grunt? Make it a squad with gravity hammers! Imagine the little guys straining to swing those things. A successful hit should send them rocketing back like they just got hit by a shoulder charge. But seriously, 343i add a special ops grunt squad for Warzone in one of the next map packs. Phleeeasseeee!
Holy mother of....
A single grunt? Make it a squad with gravity hammers! Imagine the little guys straining to swing those things. A successful hit should send them rocketing back like they just got hit by a shoulder charge. But seriously, 343i add a special ops grunt squad for Warzone in one of the next map packs. Phleeeasseeee!
The Seinfeld Grunt with... the Fist of Rukt!
That's a huge worm!
Is there an easy way to kill these things? Do they have a weak point? Spartan charge?
qza wrote:
Is there an easy way to kill these things? Do they have a weak point? Spartan charge?
What I did to kill a hunter at a relatively fast pace was to repeatedly poke it with my sword until it died.
Maybe they're similar to Imperial Unggoy, in that they are veterans of the war.

More insight into the lives and culture of the Mgalekgolo would be nice.
My headcanon for the Elder's is that the two Hunter colonies were combatants that lost their bond brothers, were driven mad in isolation, before finally encountering another Mgalekgolo who suffered a similar ordeal and were united in their losses, resulting in two organisms who were much richer for the experience, enhancing their combat abilities for fear of loosing their new bond brother.
To put it into perspective for you guys who still dont get it.

Selene's Lance is a good example of War Games Simulation Lore being different to Real Life Lore.
Selene's Lance is a variant of the Spartan Laser. In War Games simulations its balancing adds extra recoil to it. Meaning the actual weapon is a lil different.

So yea. War Games and its related stuff can be taken lightly in the lore department. Only to be aware off.

So there might been Hunters who were the original basis of the "Hunter Elders" we seen in War Zone. But they wont have been called Hunter Elders in universe or they might of not even acted the same with War Game Balancing in consideration.

Only exception to the naming rule is the big Bosses who keep their real world names.