Given that Engineers have at least four tentacles, and that said tentacles can split apart length-wise into however many appendages are needed... wouldn't Engineers be able to wield several weapons at once? They are surprisingly strong, after all.

I can see it, now... an Engineer gets cornered by Forerunner Armigers but whips out six magnums and starts cleaning house...
Huragok wielding a glock...
A Huraglock...
VERGIL has had enough.

... and, yes, I did make this entire post just to reference SuddenlyOranges.
They are generally docile creatures. All they care about is repairing and improving things. I'm sure they could wield and operate a variety of firearms but they have no desire to fight. They also don't pick sides. They will just work for whoever is around, basically they could be helping some Covenant, 10 minutes later start helping the UNSC.
Falconx03 wrote:
They are generally docile creatures. All they care about is repairing and improving things. I'm sure they could wield and operate a variety of firearms but they have no desire to fight. They also don't pick sides. They will just work for whoever is around, basically they could be helping some Covenant, 10 minutes later start helping the UNSC.
I literally already know all of this. The topic isn't about whether an Engineer would use a gun, it's about if they could— and how many.
At any rate, they have shown a willingness to protect those that they consider friends (Contact Harvest).
I don't think an Engineer would use a gun, given how flammable they can be.
I doubt a Huragok's tentacle is strong enough to counteract the recoil from a firearm. I'm sure that it could hold a two-handed weapon with a single tentacle, but I don't think it could keep it pointed in the same direction.
I do get a nice laugh imagining a Huragok opening up with 6 MA5Ds and just spewing bullets everywhere
You are not to first to make the Huraglock joke.

Jebsquared wrote:
I do get a nice laugh imagining a Huragok opening up with 6 MA5Ds and just spewing bullets everywhere
"I may be an engineer but..."
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
Given that Engineers have at least four tentacles, and that said tentacles can split apart length-wise into however many appendages are needed... wouldn't Engineers be able to wield several weapons at once? They are surprisingly strong, after all.

I can see it, now... an Engineer gets cornered by Forerunner Armigers but whips out six magnums and starts cleaning house...
Huragok wielding a glock...
A Huraglock...
VERGIL has had enough.

... and, yes, I did make this entire post just to reference SuddenlyOranges.
Welp, Blasto would look pretty cheap against a Huragok in such a case.
i don't think an Engineer would use a gun.
MrZHIGE wrote:
i don't think an Engineer would use a gun.
But could they, physically?