Skip to main content
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
I'm pretty sure I've made an old post about this but a lot has came out since then. Plus I've read a lot more Halo books since then and I want to hear from the community. What is your favorite Halo book?
Even though this book has been out for awhile I recently just read it. Halo Hunters in the Dark has become by far my favorite Halo book after reading it. The reason why is because I love the Halo Array. I love learning about how the rings work and I also wanted to know what happened to the Ark since the events of Halo 3. The story was really good and showed the problems that still persist even during a time of piece.
Anyways what is your favorite Halo book and why?
Big fan of the Kilo Five series. But single book would be Bad Blood.
I'm pretty sure I've made an old post about this but a lot has came out since then. Plus I've read a lot more Halo books since then and I want to hear from the community. What is your favorite Halo book?
Even though this book has been out for awhile I recently just read it. Halo Hunters in the Dark has become by far my favorite Halo book after reading it. The reason why is because I love the Halo Array. I love learning about how the rings work and I also wanted to know what happened to the Ark since the events of Halo 3. The story was really good and showed the problems that still persist even during a time of piece.
Anyways what is your favorite Halo book and why?
First strike.Fills in the gaps between halo 1 and 2 and you go back to reach and the attack on the unyielding hierophant
Ghosts of Onyx followed by Fall of Reach
Tough call. I'd say either Silentium or Silent Storm. Very different books, but both excellent.
Silentium. The whole Forerunner trilogy of books are some of the best Science Fiction stories ever made. Really wanna re-read them again now.
It’s hard to choose one favorite book or series for me because the authors who wrote the books have all done such an incredible job with their respective works that I end up lumping all the books into one category of “incredible sci-fi.” I see why you picked Hunters in the Dark though, OP.
Hunters in the Dark. Agreed with OP, I think because I enjoyed Halo Wars 2 so much, the portal and Ark have become on if my biggest interests in the Halo universe.

Contact Harvest is a close second. The first contact, early years of the war are quite fascinating. Humanity was back peddling for some time, trying to figure what, how and why during devastating losses, this was happening. Its not only Johnson, but Jenkins as well made me look at CE differently.

Cheers,
Brad
Envoy is my favourite. Although, First Strike is not far behind.
Halo: Ghosts of Onyx and Halo: Fall of Reach are tied for my favorites.
Contact Harvest. So much is explained about the internal politics of the Covenant and exactly why they are attacking humanity. The why of it all was never really brought up before this book as far as I can tell (unless you count the vague statement of "your destruction is the will of the gods"). It also provides back stories for a number of major characters throughout the series: Tartarus, the Prophet Triumvirate, and Johnson. Apart from the Nylund Trilogy, I see this book as the backbone of the franchise and what was used to build the entire universe from.
Halo: New Blood and behind that, Halo: The Fall of Reach.
I recently read New Blood and Bad Blood.
Then went back to play halo 5 again , it really connects well with those 2 books and I found to be quite a cool experience being able to play out my imagination in-game.

I see Razsorsharp recomending Envoy, I think that will be my next one. I'll hold you accountable if I don't like it!
Bangboogs wrote:
I recently read New Blood and Bad Blood.
Then went back to play halo 5 again , it really connects well with those 2 books and I found to be quite a cool experience being able to play out my imagination in-game.

I see Razsorsharp recomending Envoy, I think that will be my next one. I'll hold you accountable if I don't like it!
That is an aspect of the novels that I really enjoy. Some of them really make you look at the game differently. After finishing Hunters in the Dark, I went and replayed the Covenant mission in Halo 3 discovering a lot of small details about the Citadel I never noticed. I realized too that it had been awhile since watching the cutscenes in their entirety along with the terminal which added to the whole thing.

Cheers,
Brad
I've read the first one but own 18 of the following books. I have a lot to read. LOL!!!!
Tough call. I'd say either Silentium or Silent Storm. Very different books, but both excellent.
I really loved Silentium and Silent Storm as well!
Hunters in the Dark. Agreed with OP, I think because I enjoyed Halo Wars 2 so much, the portal and Ark have become on if my biggest interests in the Halo universe.

Contact Harvest is a close second. The first contact, early years of the war are quite fascinating. Humanity was back peddling for some time, trying to figure what, how and why during devastating losses, this was happening. Its not only Johnson, but Jenkins as well made me look at CE differently.

Cheers,
Brad
My second closest would have to be Silentium since that talks about the Forerunners last stand up until they fired the array. Like I said I love the array so any book that gives me a lot of info about them, I tend to love.
I have yet to read Envoy, is it really good? I just finished Legacy of Onyx and now reading Retribution, I plan to read Renegade but I might give Envoy a go as well.
Grendel7X wrote:
I've read the first one but own 18 of the following books. I have a lot to read. LOL!!!!
Don't worry I've read like 10 books and I still feel like I have a million more to go.
I have yet to read Envoy, is it really good? I just finished Legacy of Onyx and now reading Retribution, I plan to read Renegade but I might give Envoy a go as well.
It's really good. Like Eric Nylund level good in my opinion
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4