Skip to main content
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
I think mine would be Contact Harvest.

I read all the books as they came out, but had to play catch up with the Kilo Five Trilogy and have been a little behind ever since.
Halo Cryptum.

Since it was the first time we actually got to see a first hand account of a forerunner, it was excellent read. A manipular's journey around the galaxy with the legendary Didact and two humans was a great start to the Forerunner Saga.
CryptumSierraXV

Please do not post multiple times in a row, as that is considered spam.

Thanks.
l Chaos I wrote:
Halo Cryptum.

Since it was the first time we actually got to see a first hand account of a forerunner, it was excellent read. A manipular's journey around the galaxy with the legendary Didact and two humans was a great start to the Forerunner Saga.
Spoiler:
Show
Ghosts of Onyx was my first audiobook and I listened to it over and over again. It holds a special place in my heart. Halo: Evolutions is close on it's trail though. I love compilations of stories and Headhunters is just awesome, plus Mona Lisa was super creepy for a young teenager who'd never read a zombie story in his life up to that point. Also anything by Troy Denning or Eric Nylund are going to be solid.
Broken Circle easily, interesting to see the Covenant in its first year of existence.
Halo Renegades, it answered a long lost mystery I based my entire Spartan company on back in the day... Yup
Halo Renegades, it answered a long lost mystery I based my entire Spartan company on back in the day... Yup
Okay I'm getting so HYPED to read this thing now. Haven't had any spoilers ruined yet for me and I got it on my bookshelf... just wrapping up Warfleet before I jump into it
Okay I'm getting so HYPED to read this thing now. Haven't had any spoilers ruined yet for me and I got it on my bookshelf... just wrapping up Warfleet before I jump into it
I bought Renegades first not even knowing that I had to read Smoke and Shadow first so I had to wait to get that in and read it as well. Luckily enough Smoke and Shadow is a short read!
Controversial choice:
Thursday War

I love ONI, I love ODSTs and Philips may be my favourite civilian in all of Halo. Combine that with some pretty good action scenes, and some interesting moral and philisophical dilemas, especially surrounding the Spartans and AI.
I bought Renegades first not even knowing that I had to read Smoke and Shadow first so I had to wait to get that in and read it as well. Luckily enough Smoke and Shadow is a short read!
These books are awesome, so many various Halo threads meeting each other like a Dickens novel.
New Blood
I own all 27 novels. I love them all. But still, to this day, my favourite stand alone book isn't even an official novel. It's the journal of Doctor Catherine Elizabeth Halsey.
It's a complete toss up between Fall of Reach and Contact Harvest. I honestly can't choose between the two.
Controversial choice:
Thursday War

I love ONI, I love ODSTs and Philips may be my favourite civilian in all of Halo. Combine that with some pretty good action scenes, and some interesting moral and philisophical dilemas, especially surrounding the Spartans and AI.
I had a lot of problems with the Karen Travis books, but say what you will, they were well written. I don't blame you for your choice. Thursday War was probably the best of the three.
The book i book i enjoyed the most was halo first strike because i like the the fact it fills the gap between halo ce and halo 2 and introduced a future enemy and see how our characters would react.
Halo: Shadow of intent was an amazing book. The flood nightmares were very well written and Rtas is also my favorite elite, the prelates were very interesting as well. A 14/10 by me.
I own all 27 novels. I love them all. But still, to this day, my favourite stand alone book isn't even an official novel. It's the journal of Doctor Catherine Elizabeth Halsey.
Yeah the journal was awesome, wish we'd see more journals maybe one by a covenant elite or san'shyuum who experienced the entire great war and then died at the end and the pages stopped abrubtly.
Unfortunately, I've yet to finish them all so my choice is based on my completed reading list. Being in university discourages me from staring at words longer than I have to. I think I've read... half? I have no idea. But my favorite is probably Halo: Fall of Reach and Halo: First Strike. -shrugs- I know they're kind of obvious choices, but they were the first books I read that really set the stage for all Spartans and for Blue Team. I delved into the books out of curiosity; I'd never gotten into the deeper lore of any fiction before, but these books hooked me. I consider them the most important books of the Halo universe.
Legacy of Onyx for me, but I also have to give some serious props to Contact Harvest, Broken Circle, Shadow of Intent, Smoke and Shadow, and Mortal Dictata, they would all be very much in the running for my favorite.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4