Favorite Covenant Species?

OP A sLackEr X

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Going off of the 'Most Hated' thread, I'd like to know what your most favorite Covenant Species is. I can't really choose, due to the fact that I find all Covenant species interesting, even the corrupt San Shyuum, underdeveloped species like Yanmee, Lekgolo, and Sharquoi, and even the Yonhet.

What species would you like to know more about in the lore?
I am extremely interested in learning more about the Mgalekgolo, Sangheili, San 'Shyuum, and Huragok.

Mgalekgolo: The Mgalekgolo recite war poetry, meditate, and form extremely close bonds with each other. Combine that with the fact they can assimilate into thousands of forms, they are amazingly interesting. They also make up some of the Covenant's most power forces, such as Hunters, Harvesters, and Scarabs. They are adept at working with technology too.

Sangheili:
A proud, warrior people, the Elites are possibly the closest thing to humans in the Covenant in terms of appearance, society, technological advancement, and loyalty. They have lead the Covenant forces into many successful battles and are the most powerful race within the Covenant.

San 'Shyuum:
Genetically unsound, I feel nothing but pity for this homeless race. They were the driving force behind Humanity's near-extinction, but they have had their own struggles. They can barely function without their anti-gravity belts and chairs, and they must deal with a government that only favors those who will betray everyone.

Huragok:
One of the Forerunner's creations, Engineers are mysterious. They can reproduce in hours, are partially mechanical, have microscopic cilia on their tentacles, and can sense the state of technology. It is them we have to thank for most of the Forerunner tech used by the humans. With an adequate force of thousands of Huragok (and a good translator) Humans could be on par with Forerunners in a matter of years. A few Forerunner A.I.s wouldn't hurt either.
Gurunts, Cause they are just too damn fun to kill. Don't judge me.
Elites
Gurunts, Cause they are just too damn fun to kill. Don't judge me.
Can't judge when I feel the same way.
I am extremely interested in learning more about the Mgalekgolo, Sangheili, San 'Shyuum, and Huragok.

Mgalekgolo: The Mgalekgolo recite war poetry, meditate, and form extremely close bonds with each other. Combine that with the fact they can assimilate into thousands of forms, they are amazingly interesting. They also make up some of the Covenant's most power forces, such as Hunters, Harvesters, and Scarabs. They are adept at working with technology too.

Sangheili:
A proud, warrior people, the Elites are possibly the closest thing to humans in the Covenant in terms of appearance, society, technological advancement, and loyalty. They have lead the Covenant forces into many successful battles and are the most powerful race within the Covenant.

San 'Shyuum:
Genetically unsound, I feel nothing but pity for this homeless race. They were the driving force behind Humanity's near-extinction, but they have had their own struggles. They can barely function without their anti-gravity belts and chairs, and they must deal with a government that only favors those who will betray everyone.

Huragok:
One of the Forerunner's creations, Engineers are mysterious. They can reproduce in hours, are partially mechanical, have microscopic cilia on their tentacles, and can sense the state of technology. It is them we have to thank for most of the Forerunner tech used by the humans. With an adequate force of thousands of Huragok (and a good translator) Humans could be on par with Forerunners in a matter of years. A few Forerunner A.I.s wouldn't hurt either.
Mgalekgolo were briefly talked about in a H2A terminal which was awesome!

Sangheili have so much fleshed out that I'm actually getting a little tired of seeing stories focused solely on their culture.

San 'Shyuum got a bit of backstory in Broken Circle, which was very needed.

Huragok were also talked about in Mortal Dictata

Overall, every race except Human and Sagheili need to be fleshed out a bit more.
My favourite covenant is a dead covenant. Better if a Prophet

There is already an identic topic where I wrote the same answer, but I like repeating this.
I'm a die hard Sangheili fan just there in depth culture and values are awesome. Also they look badass. There was one short story in Halo Evolutions that always makes me smile. A group of marines went to a prison ship that was infested with flood near the first installation. They were on a rescue mission a first but it turned into a survival mission. While in the ship they ended up meaning up with a group of prisoners one of them being a Elite. They teamed up to fight the flood and there was one scene where the elite (in a orange jump suite) is sprinting away from the flood with a marine on his back a MA5 in one hand and a pickle bat in the other. That scene makes me smile every time I think about it lol.
Definitely the Huragok just the amount of information that they can store amazing. Plus they don't really side with the covenant they are more forced into helping out.
Definitely the Huragok just the amount of information that they can store amazing. Plus they don't really side with the covenant they are more forced into helping out.
I'd really like to see more Huragok as well. I think most Covenant species just need more backstory.

I'd really like to see more Huragok as well. I think most Covenant species just need more backstory.
Yeah, I feel like it would add more life to the games and deffinatley the story. I think the peace between the two groups would be a great time to show some in depth history of the covenant races simmilar to the sangheili history.
The Kig-Yar are my favourite, especially the Skirmishers... They're so fluffy and adorable! :3

Also, gotta love that matriarchy.
My favorite species are the Lekgolo, Sangheili, and Huragok. Huragok are so cute, especially Vergil in Halo 3: ODST, and I love the Sangheili culture and history. It's a reason why I'm in a Sangheili clan. :P Also, Lekgolo = Scarab
I'm a big Kig-Yar fan, for their genetic diversity and SPACE PIRATE-ness.
I've always wanted to see more of the Yanme'e though, fight through their hive to get to the queen and kill it.
Akin to the antlion nest in half life 2
My favorite are the Jiralhanae.
Sangheili and Jiralhanae are my favorites. I love 'dem big lizards and apes.
Said it before and I will say it again...

The Jiralhanae.

They are currently, IMO, the most worthwhile and in-need of development in the post war era. I would like to see a whole lot more development for their species. They take way too much flak for their culture when we know nothing about it.

I always had a respect for how quickly and gleefully they booted the Sangheili off their high horses during the schism. Watching honour guards get stripped of their armor and privlage gave me warm feelings.
The Unggoy. I always feel bad killing them while they are sleeping.
The Unggoy. I always feel bad killing them while they are sleeping.
But that is the most merciful way to kill them! I feel bad slowly walking after them while they run away screaming for mercy!
Sangheili.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4