Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Favorite Piece of Halo Lore

OP FXNRXR

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Tell us what your favorite piece of Halo lore is.
The story of Preston Cole from his original time of service to retirement to being pulled back in to lead the UNSC Navy and protect her colonies from the Covenant.
Hard to pick a single piece of lore to be my favorite... If I had to choose, I'd say the Forerunner Trilogy. It was a really interesting story that gave so much insight into what ultimately spawned the wider story of Halo. The fact that all three books are technically in-universe items was a nice touch.
Either Greg Bear's Forerunner trilogy of novels or the #HuntTheTruth podcast/episodic series.
the spartan programs and MJOLNIR platforms
The Forerunner trilogy - you know why, it shows us more of what the Forerunners were like and the Didact's growth as a character: The Ur-Didact's downfall and the Iso-Didact's journey, even if the former is more interesting to me.

And the stories involving Rtas 'Vadum: Last Voyage of the Infinite Succor as it tells his history with the Flood and Shadow of Intent: what he was up to after the events of Halo 3.
I think terminals added in the older games really made my day as it expanded a lot on the games that we know and love. I can't say much outside of the games. I want to read the books eventually.
FXNRXR wrote:
Tell us what your favorite piece of Halo lore is.
The name of the Forerunner Dreadnought Truth uses in the end of Halo 2 and in parts of Halo 3 is called the Anodyne Spirit.

Anodyne means unremarkable.

Truth is on board the Unremarkable Spirit. I think that’s hilarious.
That answer is quite simple.

The journal of Doctor Catherine Elizabeth Halsey.
The Hunt the Truth audio series is my absolute favorite piece of Halo lore.
Honestly I'd just say The Flood lore in general as my favourite, with the lore of the Sangheili as a second place.
Spartan Lore. Asides from the S.IVs
Interplanetary War.
Lore on the motives of the species in the covenant ei. Grunts got enslaved jackals there for money elites for honor prophets for power and what not
My favorite lore is always new info about the Covenant when humanity is not the topic of their discussion. Just aliens doing alien things.
the spartan programs and MJOLNIR platforms
No lies here. Aside from 40ks Space Marines, Spartans are up there as some of the most lethal and efficient super-soldiers in a lot of universes, and its SATISFYING.
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
The Spartan III Program while it lasted was really interesting to me, it could easily fit into a game or show based around Alpha, Beta or Gamma Company or even a show depicting them from training to combat.
Kind of strange and not really "connected Halo" lore but I enjoy the connection of Marathon games to the Halo games. I was always fascinated with that as a kid. The marines, terminals, some of the maps and even the SPLNK rocket launcher.
Mine would have to be content regarding the Precursors. They're so mysterious and "alien" in nature (which is saying something considering Halo is a franchise full of aliens).
Ken Static wrote:
Mine would have to be content regarding the Precursors. They're so mysterious and "alien" in nature (which is saying something considering Halo is a franchise full of aliens).
Moreso when you read about things like Star Roads and Neural Physics.

I thought it really cool that the Halo Installations pretty much unintentionally extinguish Precursor technology when fired. That to me solidifies the Halo Array as the most effective countermeasure ever created against the Flood.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2