Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Favorite Quote?

OP SPARTON003

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
By far my favorite quotes are jhonsons or arbiters and it is always fun to use them on pepole like " were it so easy"
I want to know what you think
"Were it so easy..." By the great Thel Vadam, I use that line very often
My fave quote has to be from Roland "Oh no Prometheans ahhhh!"
Too many great quotes to count... but if I had to pick one:

"Don't shake the light bulb"

Johnson is in the presence of a half a dozen brutes and has nothing but an easily overheating beam rifle to defend himself with, and he proceeds to antagonize a giant ape by referring to one of the most powerful artificial intelligences known to man as nothing more than a light bulb. That dude does not know the meaning of the word fear, may he rest in peace.
"Don't get any funny ideas." - MC
&
"This cave is not a natural formation..." - Cortana
Basically any quote from Bungie’s games is memorable for its unique blend of humor and information. Halo 4 has some great narration but lacks a bit on the humor front, likely because none of the cool characters we had grown to love were present. Admittedly, Chief has some cool lines like, “No, sir.”
tuhin94 wrote:
Basically any quote from Bungie’s games is memorable for its unique blend of humor and information. Halo 4 has some great narration but lacks a bit on the humor front, likely because none of the cool characters we had grown to love were present. Admittedly, Chief has some cool lines like, “No, sir.”
I laughed at Palmer's "I thought you'd be taller" line.

Probably my all time favorite quote is "I am a monument to all your sins" from Gravemind. Pretty much any line from Gravemind is super memorable just because of his poetic speaking pattern, but this line in particular perfectly sums up the goals and origins of the Flood.
Well there are two "Wake up John" or "I have the Gun"
Anything with exposition or grandeur. So:

• Anything from the Halo 2 Gravemind cutscene
SPARTON003 wrote:
By far my favorite quotes are jhonsons or arbiters and it is always fun to use them on pepole like " were it so easy"
I want to know what you think
These are among my favorite,

"Shipmaster, they outnumber us three to one!"
Rtas - "Then it is an easy fight"

The Gravemind - "If you will not hear the truth, then I will show it to you. There is still time to stop the key from turning, but first, it must be found. You will search one likely spot... and you will search another. Fate had us meet as foes, but this Ring will make us brothers."

"I? I am a monument to all your sins."

The Didact - "So fades the great harvest of my betrayal. Even these beasts recognized what you were oblivious to, human. Your nobility has blinded you, as ever. The Librarian left little to chance, didn't she? Turning my own guardians... my own world... against me. But what hubris to believe she could protect her pets from me forever. If you haven't mastered even these primitives, then Man has not attained the Mantle. Your ascendance may yet be prevented. Time was your ally, human, but now it has abandoned you. The Forerunners... have returned. This tomb… is now yours."

-Captain Del Rio - "I am ordering you... TO SURRENDER THAT AI !!!!"
Chief: "No"

The Didact - "In this hour of victory, we taste only defeat. I ask, why? We are Forerunners, guardians of all that exists. The roots of the galaxy have grown deep under our careful tending. Where there is life, the wisdom of our countless generations has saturated the soil. Our strength is a luminous sun, towards which all intelligence blossoms... And the impervious shelter beneath which it has prospered. I stand before you, accused of the sin of ensuring Forerunner ascendancy. Of attempting to save us from this fate where we are forced to... recede. Humanity stands as the greatest threat in the galaxy. Refusing to eradicate them is a fool's gambit. We squander eons in the darkness, while they seize our triumphs for their own. The Mantle of responsibility for all things belongs to Forerunners alone. Think of my acts as you will. But do not doubt the reality: the Reclamation... has already begun. And we are hopeless to stop it."
Any random npc quotes with the IWHBYD skull active.
AtomicRitz wrote:
"Were it so easy..." By the great Thel Vadam, I use that line very often
Absolutely. I say it more than I should...
"I didn't know you, Sarge, but I sure as hell wish I had. You must have been one hardass son of a -Yoink-." (John-117) - Somewhat out of character, but still badass

"Bet'cha can't stick it...", "You're on" (Cortana, John-117) - E3 2003 HYPE

"Die? Didn't you know? Spartans never die." (Kurt-051) - I'll be sure to quote this the next time I detonate a nuke in self-sacrifice

"Listen to me, Covenant. I am Vice Admiral Preston J. Cole commanding the human flagship, Everest. You claim to be the holy and glorious inheritors of the universe? I spit on your so-called holiness. You dare judge us unfit? After I have personally sent more than three hundred of your vainglorious ships to hell? After kicking your collective butts off Harvest—not once—but twice? From where I sit, we are the worthy inheritors. You think otherwise, you can come and try to prove me wrong." (Preston J. Cole) - Hope you're enjoying your retirement Preston!
for ODST Trooper
"Shipmaster, they outnumber us three to one!"
Rtas - "Then it is an easy fight" *fair fight
“I need a weapon”
- Master Chief
"Thought I'd try shooting my way out... mix things up a little."

- MCPO John-117 (Halo 3)
"Men...keep your eyes downrange, fingers on your triggers, and we all go home in one piece."
Sgt. Johnson
Halo 2 Cairo Station.

Cortana: "Just one question... what if you miss?"
Master Chief/John-117: "I won't."

Master Chief always be dropping the best one liners and yeah I'm rewatching that cutscene again while typing this.
"You know the music, time to dance."
-Gunnery Sergeant Edward Buck
Halo 3 ODST
Forward warriors, and fear not pain nor death!
when Rtas says this, it sends chills down my spine and I can feel the power in his words
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2