Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Gabriel Thorne-Future?

OP Sentinel Wraith

Out of curiosity, do you think that anything will become of Gabriel Thorne? While I know that some people have found him to be dull, I've thought that it would be interesting to see him evolve from the fresh recruit to a battle hardened veteran over the course of the new trilogy. With his aborted arc in Halo 5 due to a last minute change, do you think there's any possibility that we may see more of his character and development?
I think that he really does have potential as a great character especially when you take into account his character growth and some of the things he did in Escalation, the fact that he was chosen to go to the Absolute Record over many other Spartans and that he was given command of a Spartan team must mean something going forward.

Halsey seemed to think that he had the same ideals of the Spartan IIs and through his journal entry with the Halo 4 limited edition we can see he is very passionate about making a history for the Spartan program,

Unfortunately considering the current story arc I dont think Thorne will get much or any attention for awhile, but I hope 343 dont throw him away and realise his potential.
Even though I doubt we will see him in-game, unless Spartan Ops makes some sort of comeback (or something like it), I think we will get at least some form of story about him, be it a book or comic. I'd like to see it cover him on a mission by himself or as a part of a squad, similar to how Fred was one of the main characters of Last Light but the story still covered not only other Spartans but there human and non-human characters.
Out of curiosity, do you think that anything will become of Gabriel Thorne? While I know that some people have found him to be dull, I've thought that it would be interesting to see him evolve from the fresh recruit to a battle hardened veteran over the course of the new trilogy. With his aborted arc in Halo 5 due to a last minute change, do you think there's any possibility that we may see more of his character and development?
I agree, it would be nice to see him in the next installment. Maybe wearing WARRIOR class MJOLNIR (as with the limited edition of the Halo 4 game you get a poster of the WARRIOR class armor and it says "SPARTAN Gabriel Thorne, MJOLNIR GEN-2 Requisition." so I like to assume he upgrades at some point.
I would definitely like to see him again!
I wouldn't mind seeing him again in a book, comic, etc, or even a spin-off game.

There are so many characters now that need time devoted to them in the main title games with Blue Team and Osiris, I wouldn't want Thorne shoved in there as little more than a cameo in the story while they're trying to focus on something else. I'd rather see him again when a lot of proper attention can be paid to the character, because he'd need it to be interesting at all.
While I think that he may be featured in side stories like books and more comics like Escalation, I don't think he'll be a prominent character going forward. Fireteam Majestic was never seen in Halo 5-related material other than their emblem.

With Palmer, Blue Team, and Fireteam Osiris, I think 343 will focus on these Spartans.
Hope he gets an off screen death. Don't think I care for any 343 game introduced characters and am fed up them forcing them, well mostly Palmer, on us. Maybe if someone competent gets in charge of the story but until then there are already too many characters that they can't handle, time to shed some fat.
Oddly, I like Spartan Thorne. (Maybe because he's humble about Gek stomping him)

Honestly though, he's probably one of the most respectful SIV's to date. Be grateful he isn't irritating like our favourite frat boys DeMarco and Madsen...

In the future I'd like to see him replace Palmer as the Spartan branches Commander. Of course she'd have to be killed or demoted first...
God I hope they do something with him. He was a very interesting character that could be big later on. This all depends on if 343 wants to do something with him. I really want to see him in the games but I would take a novel (Sick of novels having to explain everything instead of actual character progression in the games).
Gek Lhar wrote:
Oddly, I like Spartan Thorne. (Maybe because he's humble about Gek stomping him)

Honestly though, he's probably one of the most respectful SIV's to date. Be grateful he isn't irritating like our favourite frat boys DeMarco and Madsen...

In the future I'd like to see him replace Palmer as the Spartan branches Commander. Of course she'd have to be killed or demoted first...
I still don't understand this crowd hate for the IV's. Spartan's are humans and humans have different personalities. Vale & Locke are very respectful robot personality Spartan's. Why do we categorize all IV's based on two guys?

The real difference is the Spartan II's operated on a constant end of the world could be next week mentality. Where the IV's operate on the we are the best warriors in the Universe mentality. Spartan II's have become much more vocal after the war ended.