Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Halo 2: Anniversary - First 2 Terminals Revealed!

OP Webb with II Bs

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Terminal 1

Terminal 2

So we finally have an answer as to how Regret found Earth and knew about the portal. And Terminal 2 pretty much confirms that Blue Team will no longer be ignored in-game. So we can all shut up about it.

So, what are your thoughts?
Good to see that we finally know how Regret found Earth. The elites looked pretty awesome. It is so awesome to see Blue team there. But why are they wearing the new MK 6 armor from escalation? Shouldn't they be wearing Mk 5 or baseline mk 6? My guess is that it's to set up blue team for Halo 5G so everyone knows who they are without needing to read the books/comic. Really awesome though.
Terminal 1

Terminal 2

So we finally have an answer as to how Regret found Earth and knew about the portal. And Terminal 2 pretty much confirms that Blue Team will no longer be ignored in-game. So you can calm down, Greenleaf (just joking with ya).

So, what are your thoughts?
I think they were well done. I would have preferred a cinematic experience but I am not going to complain as these were sufficient and well done. I especially like that they led right off with how Regret found Earth and, more importantly, was not prepared to jump right into humanities backdoor. If anything, his blunder was the best thing that could have happened for humanity as it split the Covenant in the long run due to his rash action.

I am also happy they brought Blue Team back. They are really filling a lot of holes with these terminals and that is very appreciated by me personally.

Oh, and on a side note.... Installation 00 is HUGE!

I am, however, curious as to who the "luminary" was that led Regret there. My opinion is that it is a piece of the greater whole of Mendicant Bias as Regret states "this is the one spoken of in the prophecies, it lights the holy path." We know Mendicant Bias later claimed that the Covenant misread words so I think its fair to say the Covenant read Mendicant Bias' final transmissions which led Regret to one piece of it, the Covenant (originally) created their entire faith based on it only to have Mendicant Bias recovered, correct them, Prophets cover it up, and so on. Basically stated, I think we just got a short look at Mendicant Bias there... well.... a piece of him at least.
This makes me so incredibly excited for this game!!! Finally we know why the Prophet of Regret went to Earth! And the hear them say Erde Tyrene, it will be an awesome day for the lore indeed.
I would be careful about leaks... but I dunno if this congregates with that rule? It is on Halo Youtube channel so... probably safe to say its alright.
However great terminals, so much insight into some of the plot holes and extended universe!
  • Beholding - Wow! So the San 'Shyuum Prophet of Regret, Lod Mron, must have been traveling for decades, studying arcane Forerunner ruins, attempting to find the Installation's locations, specifically Ringworlds... and then the Ark. This must be why he was traveling around on Harvest, Arcadia and Shield World 0459 during 2530s... and possibly continued up until, Meridian in 2551, where he found the galactic cartographer... and thus had a minimal fleet attempting to re-activate the Portal at Voi, which lead to Installation 00.
  • Unyielding - I am so glad they introduced Spartan Blue Team into the games... even if its just a terminal. Especially happy to see that in Halo: The Master Chief Collection, Linda-058 and Fred-104, are wearing their Mark VI Mjolnir Power Armor, seen in Halo: Escalation #10 - #12... and great addition showing the Covenant Control Centre and Station, Unyeilding Hierophant.
I would be careful about leaks... but I dunno if this congregates with that rule? It is on Halo Youtube channel so... probably safe to say its alright.
However great terminals, so much insight into some of the plot holes and extended universe!
  • Beholding - Wow! So the San 'Shyuum Prophet of Regret, Lod Mron, must have been traveling for decades, studying arcane Forerunner ruins, attempting to find the Installation's locations, specifically Ringworlds... and then the Ark. This must be why he was traveling around on Harvest, Arcadia and Shield World 0459 during 2530s... and possibly continued up until, Meridian in 2551, where he found the galactic cartographer... and thus had a minimal fleet attempting to re-activate the Portal at Voi, which lead to Installation 00.
  • Unyielding - I am so glad they introduced Spartan Blue Team into the games... even if its just a terminal. Especially happy to see that in Halo: The Master Chief Collection, Linda-058 and Fred-104, are wearing their Mark VI Mjolnir Power Armor, seen in Halo: Escalation #10 - #12... and great addition showing the Covenant Control Centre and Station, Unyeilding Hierophant.
Oh yeah that to! We finally know what Unyielding Hierophant actually looks like!
Quote:
It's all good. These videos were in the Halo Bulletin, and like you said, they're on Halo's official YouTube channel :)
medcsu wrote:

I am, however, curious as to who the "luminary" was that led Regret there. My opinion is that it is a piece of the greater whole of Mendicant Bias as Regret states "this is the one spoken of in the prophecies, it lights the holy path." We know Mendicant Bias later claimed that the Covenant misread words so I think its fair to say the Covenant read Mendicant Bias' final transmissions, created their entire faith based on it only to have Mendicant Bias recovered, correct them, Prophets cover it up, and so on.
The 'luminary' however I discovered is a Covenant seeking device, which is held by the Kig-Yar Ruuhtian in Beholding. It's purpose is to scan for Forerunner artifacts... much like how Ridley Scott's Prometheus. The Mendicant Bias fragment theory was a good guess, before researching it I thought that too... it does look like what he is depicted as in Halo: Legends sooo.
medcsu wrote:

I am, however, curious as to who the "luminary" was that led Regret there. My opinion is that it is a piece of the greater whole of Mendicant Bias as Regret states "this is the one spoken of in the prophecies, it lights the holy path." We know Mendicant Bias later claimed that the Covenant misread words so I think its fair to say the Covenant read Mendicant Bias' final transmissions, created their entire faith based on it only to have Mendicant Bias recovered, correct them, Prophets cover it up, and so on.

The 'luminary' however I discovered is a Covenant seeking device, which is held by the Kig-Yar Ruuhtian in Beholding. It's purpose is to scan for Forerunner artifacts... much like how Ridley Scott's Prometheus. The Mendicant Bias fragment theory was a good guess, before researching it I thought that too... it does look like what he is depicted as in Halo: Legends sooo.
I was under the impression that a "luminary" was just the Covenants word for AI. Thank you for the correction.
<3
Preciate ya.
<3

It seems we are safe from leak damages! :D
  • P.S. Grim Brother are these Halo 2: Anniversary 'prologue' terminals the ones unlockable in-game, or, are there still 15 terminals to find on each level... and so 17 terminals total including these? Or qutie possible more like the bonus 11th terminal in Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary.
  • P.S.S. Tell 343 Industries Great Work!
<3

P.S. Grim Brother are these Halo 2: Anniversary 'prologue' terminals the ones unlockable in-game, or, are there still 15 terminals to find on each level... and so 17 terminals total including these? Or qutie possible more like the bonus 11th terminal in Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary.
P.S.S. Tell 343 Industries Great Work!
343 did the same thing before they released Halo CE Anniversary in releasing two terminals before the game was released so I think these are found in the game as well. Very likely these come later in the game with the first few terminals dedicated to the early formation of the Covenant. That is my theory, at least.
medcsu wrote:
medcsu wrote:

I was under the impression that a "luminary" was just the Covenants word for AI. Thank you for the correction.
All chill I also thought it was there clarification of the ancilla 032 Mendicant Bias, like "Oracle" was to 343 Guilty Spark and 2401 Penitent Tangent... and the other unnamed monitors of ringworld Installations.
medcsu wrote:
<3

P.S. Grim Brother are these Halo 2: Anniversary 'prologue' terminals the ones unlockable in-game, or, are there still 15 terminals to find on each level... and so 17 terminals total including these? Or qutie possible more like the bonus 11th terminal in Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary.
P.S.S. Tell 343 Industries Great Work!

343 did the same thing before they released Halo CE Anniversary in releasing two terminals before the game was released so I think these are found in the game as well. Very likely these come later in the game with the first few terminals dedicated to the early formation of the Covenant. That is my theory, at least.
:( Oh well hopefully we get a bonus terminal leading into Halo 5: Guardians...
The 13 you find while playing through H2:A do not include these. These Prologue Terminals make 15 total.
Okay, first, my reaction

Second, it is so great to finally know how Regret found Earth and why he "jumped the gun" as it were. And Blue Team making an appearance was top notch, though where was Kelly? That was the only thing that bugged me.
Okay, first, my reaction

Second, it is so great to finally know how Regret found Earth and why he "jumped the gun" as it were. And Blue Team making an appearance was top notch, though where was Kelly? That was the only thing that bugged me.
On Onyx with Halsey =) or at least on the ship before arriving at Onyx.
Okay, first, my reaction

Was wondering the same thing. Making out with John?

EDIT: Oh yeah, Halsey stole her!
How the -Yoink- did I forget that? For some reason I subconsciously just assumed she was on Earth with Fred and Linda. But wait, are we still missing Will?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4