Halo 3 Anniversary 2017?

OP X Spirit Wo1f X

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Anyone else excited at the prospect of Halo 3: Anniversary next year? I'm sure excited about it! I want to fight the Brutes again & I want to see how they remodel the D77H-TCI (Possibly rename it the D78H-TC.) & the Scorpion as well. Plus I want to fight the Flood Pure Forms again! But most importantly let's not forget the Ark. I can't wait to see the remodeling of the Ark!
While it's unsure right now, I hope there will be a remaster of Halo 3. Unfortunately it won't be like 1 and 2 where we can switch between graphics due to stress on the hardware, so if Halo 3 Anniversary comes to be, it'll just be a graphical update. But I'm ok with that.

Sincerely,
p1ay4OURFUN
While it's unsure right now, I hope there will be a remaster of Halo 3. Unfortunately it won't be like 1 and 2 where we can switch between graphics due to stress on the hardware, so if Halo 3 Anniversary comes to be, it'll just be a graphical update. But I'm ok with that.

Sincerely,
p1ay4OURFUN
Hopefully we will be able to switch between graphics, because that one of the major points of the Anniversary editions of the games. However, I guess if we can't it won't be that big of a deal because the original is essentially on HaloMCC.
What if they release a graphical update for Halo 3 in MCC rather than release a separate game?
What if they release a graphical update for Halo 3 in MCC rather than release a separate game?
Nah, because that game already tasks the XBOX One to much. Plus I want all my extra bonus content.
I'd rather they do original spin-off games than pretty up the graphics of yet another Halo game.
I strongly hope that they don't remaster Halo 3.
A remastered version of Halo 3 would be amazing, but I would prefere spinoff titles instead as they could possibly add a lot to the story. Maybe som games with Blue Team back in the good old days, or focusing on the members og Fireteam Osiris before Halo 5.
I'd rather they do original spin-off games than pretty up the graphics of yet another Halo game.
JSA343 wrote:
Why would you not want a remaster of Halo 3? I mean it's not like it's not going to happen. It is a given just due to the release of CEA & H2A. Plus I'd think it would be fan demanded at this point.
JSA343 wrote:
Why would you not want a remaster of Halo 3? I mean it's not like it's not going to happen. It is a given just due to the release of CEA & H2A. Plus I'd think it would be fan demanded at this point.
I don't think it would be bad if they did, but they could have used the time to make spinoff titles that some fans might consider better, as I mentioned earlier.
JSA343 wrote:
Halo 3 had by far the weakest story of the trilogy. Instead of making that mess graphically prettier, they could invest in a new story that matters more going forward.
Mutliplayer wise, it's all in the MCC. It'd literally be a waste of resources to bring it back.

CEA was released to celebrate 10 years of Xbox and Halo, it wasn't just an anniversary of the game and a start of a remake tradition.
Halo 2 Anniversary was released to celebrate 10 years of the Xbox Live multiplayer experience we've come to love, and had to be packaged into the MCC to go forward.
A Halo 3 Anniversary just wouldn't have an actual reason besides 10 years after Halo 3, which in my opinion is a terrible reason for remakes in general. It's still playable on the 360. It's playable and bumped up to 60fps/1080p on Xbox One. There really just isn't a reason to justify it.

Yeah, there are fans that would like it. But it truly wouldn't be a great decision.
JSA343 wrote:
I don't think it would be bad if they did, but they could have used the time to make spinoff titles that some fans might consider better, as I mentioned earlier.
So basically both Halo 3: Anniversary & spin-off titles? Counting money now! LOL

But seriously, I'm game for that. But I think H3A should add some video terminals to the game too. Maybe explaining what Fred & Linda were doing on Earth during the time of Halo 2 & Halo 3. Thoughts?
JSA343 wrote:
So basically both Halo 3: Anniversary & spin-off titles? Counting money now! LOL

But seriously, I'm game for that. But I think H3A should add some video terminals to the game too. Maybe explaining what Fred & Linda were doing on Earth during the time of Halo 2 & Halo 3. Thoughts?
Or what about a game dedicated to Fred and Linda while on Earth?
They already made small modifications to the original and added it to the MCC. They're not going to completely remake it now and there is no reason to do so. The first two games were remastered because they were the oldest, dating back to the original Xbox. All other Halo games have been Xbox 360 games and don't require a remake. However, what I would like is Halo 3 themed DLC for Halo 5.
If they do anything Halo 3 related, it should pull a Halo 3: ODST and tackle a story happening at around the same time. Technically ODST was more in line with Halo 2, but you get the point.
If they do anything Halo 3 related, it should pull a Halo 3: ODST and tackle a story happening at around the same time. Technically ODST was more in line with Halo 2, but you get the point.
I'd like to see Alpha Nine during the events of Halo 3. What were they doing when Chief returned and before the Portal activated? Did they go to the Ark? I don't know if New Blood already answered this.
I'd like to see Alpha Nine during the events of Halo 3. What were they doing when Chief returned and before the Portal activated? Did they go to the Ark? I don't know if New Blood already answered this.
Or maybe we can follow Gabriel Thorne on Mars with Ackerson.
I've said this on a previous post. The fact the backward compatiblity exists for the xbox one and the MCC pretty much make a h3 anniversary a waste of time money and resources. There were reasons to do a Halo CEA and 2a. For CEA it was to celebrate the 10 year anniversary of halo CE which was the xboxs crowning achievement as a console seller and halo 2a because the original could no longer be played with the xbox one and it had no active servers so it was made to pay homage to its legacy but also revive the best console online fps to modern servers. Halo 3a would just be made for the sake of it because halo 3 is playable via online via the MCC or soon through xbox one's BC which has brought some life to reach.
A spin off would not only be better use of resources but would probably be more successful than a cash in for nostalgia. Plus I'm pretty sure most people are sick of HD remakes at this point.
Also a spin off should also do what ODST did which was continue using the multiplayer of the current main title.
Nothing will happen in 2017 except maybe Halo Wars 2
Halo 4: SoS
"There was honor in our Covenant once, and there shall be again!"

I would like to see the re-founding of the Swords of Sanghelios and the Arbiter's fight to eliminate the other Covenant remnants, maybe even fit Luro 'Taralumee into it.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4