3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
To all of you people who somehow believe that 500 ships is

A.) Too small for the prophets to care about
B.) Not the largest fleet in existence

Please read https://halo.fandom.com/wiki/Covenant_Fleet

Do not call me ignorant or misinformed when you guys are the ones ignorant and misinformed.

Also, my point isn't to trash on the books. I'm sure a lot of the books are fine, some are probably even fantastic. It's just that a lot of points in the books take away from the legacy and legitimacy of Halo 3 and the original saga. These books are meant to tell good stories but these stories sometimes interfere with the story that almost everyone cares about the most: the original trilogy.
I think you misunderstand how smart people can be.If you play halo 2 and see all those ships you see a battle taking place around high charity,so people obviously realized that the covenant fleet is significantly less
Obviously people don't understand that because I have like 4 or 5 different people claiming otherwise.
In those 485 ships you speak of were destroyed in the novel halo first strike,idk if those are the same ships you see during halo 2,but I'm assuming they were so it's kind of common sense
I think you're confused by the timelines. Apparently the 500 ships were destroyed BEFORE Halo 2.
Ahhhh,yes I am.In the book 485 ships were destroyed and the 15 you see in halo 2 that invade earth are what's left from that initial 500.They still had a significant amount more as you can see in the cutscene after chief kills the prophet of regret
Actually that is incorrect. The initial Battle of Earth seen at the start of Halo 2 was the Prophet of Regrets own fleet known as the Fleet of Sacred Consecration which stumbled upon Earth or as it was known to them by the lumaries Erde-Tyrene during the age of the Forerunner Ecumene. We see in one of the terminals; I believe the Halo 2 Anniversary terminals that the Prophet of Regrets discovery was purely accidental.

The remaining ships gathered of the original 500+ ships at the Unyielding Hierophant would later reinforce the Fleet of Sacred Consecration shortly after the Prophet of Regret was forced to flee New Mombasa and as seen in Halo 3: ODST the Brutes began executing the Elites and I believe additional fleets also participated which eventually led to the near total annihilation of the Home Fleet by Halo 3.
I agree with some of your points. The Halo franchise has been handled very poorly since Bungie left. I've read better fanfiction than Halo 5's awful story. But, if you do ever decide to read the books, the Forerunner trilogy is excellent. Adds a lot of information about the forerunners and ancient humanity.
Alright, thanks. I might try to read them soon.
l Chaos I wrote:

Do not call me ignorant or misinformed when you guys are the ones ignorant and misinformed.

Also, my point isn't to trash on the books. I'm sure a lot of the books are fine, some are probably even fantastic. It's just that a lot of points in the books take away from the legacy and legitimacy of Halo 3 and the original saga. These books are meant to tell good stories but these stories sometimes interfere with the story that almost everyone cares about the most: the original trilogy.
I think you misunderstand how smart people can be.If you play halo 2 and see all those ships you see a battle taking place around high charity,so people obviously realized that the covenant fleet is significantly less
Obviously people don't understand that because I have like 4 or 5 different people claiming otherwise.
In those 485 ships you speak of were destroyed in the novel halo first strike,idk if those are the same ships you see during halo 2,but I'm assuming they were so it's kind of common sense
I think you're confused by the timelines. Apparently the 500 ships were destroyed BEFORE Halo 2.
Ahhhh,yes I am.In the book 485 ships were destroyed and the 15 you see in halo 2 that invade earth are what's left from that initial 500.They still had a significant amount more as you can see in the cutscene after chief kills the prophet of regret
Actually that is incorrect. The initial Battle of Earth seen at the start of Halo 2 was the Prophet of Regrets own fleet known as the Fleet of Sacred Consecration which stumbled upon Earth or as it was known to them by the lumaries Erde-Tyrene during the age of the Forerunner Ecumene. We see in one of the terminals; I believe the Halo 2 Anniversary terminals that the Prophet of Regrets discovery was purely accidental.

The remaining ships gathered of the original 500+ ships at the Unyielding Hierophant would later reinforce the Fleet of Sacred Consecration shortly after the Prophet of Regret was forced to flee New Mombasa and as seen in Halo 3: ODST the Brutes began executing the Elites and I believe additional fleets also participated which eventually led to the near total annihilation of the Home Fleet by Halo 3.
I could've sworn the remaining ships from unyielding hierophants destruction were the 15 you see in halo 2
l Chaos I wrote:

I could've sworn the remaining ships from unyielding hierophants destruction were the 15 you see in halo 2
Nope the fifteen ships we see are the Prophet of Regrets Fleet of Sacred Condecratiom seen in the Halo 2 Anniversary Terminal: Beholden. The remaining ships from Truth's original fleet would later be sent to reinforce Regrets fleet mere hours after learning about Regrets foolish invasion. The documentary series from Halo Waypoint known as Ten Twenty also support this.

The fleet gathered at the Unyielding Hierophant was a fleet known only by Truth and was a closely guarded secret and even its destruction was suppressed by Truth. Now in the case of Regret and Truth we know they had there own respective fleets they commanded as once again the first fifteen were Regrets and the ships we see at the end of Halo 3 ODST were most likely made up of Truths remaining fifteen of the original 500.
l Chaos I wrote:
l Chaos I wrote:

Nope the fifteen ships we see are the Prophet of Regrets Fleet of Sacred Condecratiom seen in the Halo 2 Anniversary Terminal: Beholden. The remaining ships from Truth's original fleet would later be sent to reinforce Regrets fleet mere hours after learning about Regrets foolish invasion. The documentary series from Halo Waypoint known as Ten Twenty also support this.

The fleet gathered at the Unyielding Hierophant was a fleet known only by Truth and was a closely guarded secret and even its destruction was suppressed by Truth. Now in the case of Regret and Truth we know they had there own respective fleets they commanded as once again the first fifteen were Regrets and the ships we see at the end of Halo 3 ODST were most likely made up of Truths remaining fifteen of the original 500.
Pretty messed up that truth has 500 ships for himself and regret has 15 lol
Very much disagree.
I agree with some of your points. The Halo franchise has been handled very poorly since Bungie left. I've read better fanfiction than Halo 5's awful story. But, if you do ever decide to read the books, the Forerunner trilogy is excellent. Adds a lot of information about the forerunners and ancient humanity.
Make sure you avoid the Kilo 5 trilogy. It is by far the worst of all halo literature.
Make sure you avoid the Kilo 5 trilogy. It is by far the worst of all halo literature.
I don't like it, but people should read it for themselves and draw their own conclusions.
I don't like it, but people should read it for themselves and draw their own conclusions.
I would assume you wouldn't. It doesn't paint you in the most flattering light.

Wait so those 15 ships were left over from the initial 500 that got destroyed? Why didn't they tell Regret or Mercy about the other 485 ships that got destroyed LOL

Wait so those 15 ships were left over from the initial 500 that got destroyed? Why didn't they tell Regret or Mercy about the other 485 ships that got destroyed LOL
The fleet gathered at the Unyielding Hierophant was Truth's Fleet alone not even the Prophets of Regret or Mercy knew about as we already know the Prophet of Truth intended to consolidate power for his self and he had his own nefarious plans in mind. The remaining 15 ships that survived after the UNSC destroyed the majority of the fleet in Halo First Strike are not the same ones we see at the start of Halo 2.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Believe me, I understand you. I can't think for a more epic ending for a saga than Halo 3. It makes me want to think that was the last game after seeing how disgustingly treated it has been. But there are some things I want to touch on.

1. Yes, the ark should be very damaged. And although Halo doesn't kill flood, the destruction should have killed everything. If they wanted to bring the flood back, the only way I see fit is having them hidden in the spirit of fire, giving Halo War's story a purpose, but they simply wasted the opportunity in a comic.

2. Guilty spark being alive is b*llsh*t, I agree 100%.

3. Cortana being alive is even worse, also for Halo 4. Halo 4's story (completely isolated, just about chief and already teased in Halo 3) connected the original saga with "Hummanity's weakness", a tale about cortana's thinking in the dawn, and the fact that she was going to die, in the most beautiful, emotional, solid and satisfying end for our AI companion of all life. But you know what Halo 5 did. 14 years of ddevelopment completely obliterated. This makes what they did to Luke in the last jedi look like masterful character development.

4. Because the flood would be "extinct" and the covenant "disbanded" (I'll talk more about them below), the didact and the forerunners are the way to go now with Halo's enemies and it makes me sad that they can't handle this. Think about it: each game in the trilogy exposed us more to them, in Halo 3 they are hinted at the terminals, the librarian, mendicant bias, the didact, and spark says that chief is forerunner. I could not be more hyped for a human&elite-forerunner war. In Halo 4 it started, in 5 it was ruined.

5. Chief. Halo CE's cover directly says that he is THE LAST SPARTAN. I don't want to get completely mad for such a mistake like this. It is not worth it. The only thing that I can come up to is that those who wrote about more spartan II's after the fall of Reach literally didn't play the original game. The mother of the franchise. Even First Strike, my favorite Halo book ever, could have done better when managing this. I could kinda get behind it then because they were trapped on Reach, missing and completely thought by anyone to be dead, but then...

6. The covenant and the end of the war. Halo 3 itself made a point that not all the covenant went into the ark. And if they are an absurdly large population that dominates the galaxy, it's obvious that they would not just all surrender, and we would continue seeing them. However, the execution of this is insulting. It's trash. It's disrespectful to everyone that played the bungie games, and that shed a tear when lord hood and the arbiter shook hands, just before he joined Rtas and went home.

7. The covenant and the end of the war part II. The Kilo five book series is the biggest middle finger to the idea that we defeated the covenant. That we finished the fight. It literally rectons in the cheapest and laziest way possible the alliance with the elites and the defeat of the covenant. Literally some random dogs of oni manage to sparkle a civil war on an alien society hundreds of years above humanity. It even mocks the ending tribute cutscence of Halo 3 by including it and turning it into something fake and superficial, that would lose all the meaning some time later. If I can resume why Halo 3 was completely neglected, this books and Halo 5 have 99% of the fault.

8. The covenant and the end of the war part III. Sadly, Halo 4 followed this plot point and grew it instead of rectoning and finishing it. It happened on Halo 5... oh, nevermind. Halo Wars 2 is here. Even the banished had some problems IMO. The only way I could see the covenant back is by acting as pawns of the forerunner fleets (no elites what so ever), so we can fight them during gameplay. Halo without covenant is not Halo, but in the story their prescence needs to be drastically reduced and different to keep up with Halo 3.
Greatest response of all time ^^
Quote:
In Halo 2, the initial covenant fleet which went to Earth was small because the Covenant did not know that Earth was the humans' home planet. However, according to the books, the Prophet of Truth had recently sent the largest fleet ever seen (even bigger than the one that destroyed Reach) to crush the humans' homeworld that Truth had known about the entire time. The Master Chief and blue team were able to destroy the entire fleet somehow. For whatever reason, this is official lore despite conflicting with Halo 2. This also was never mentioned or brought up in any Halo game. You would think that the Covenant losing their biggest fleet while attacking Earth would be something worth mentioning at least once.
Have you read the books, or just the wiki page? Truth never sent the fleet to Earth. Cortana intercepted a transmission and found where Truth was gathering the fleet. The Spartans destroyed them by blowing up the refuelling station that the fleet was using.

While Truth knew about the location of Earth, he kept this secret from the other hierarchs. Regret, who led the fleet you see in Halo 2, was not aware that Earth was humanity’s home world, he just knew that it held the portal to the Ark.

So yeah, fits in fine with Halo 2. And that wasn’t the Covenant’s biggest fleet; Truth assembled it in secret and considered its loss insignificant. 500 ships insignificant. That’s how big the Covenant empire was.
Obviously he hasn't, otherwise there wouldn't be so many ignorant mistakes in his post.
My point still stands.

I don't understand how you guys managed to accept the fact that FIVE HUNDRED SHIPS could go missing and nobody in the entire covenant, including the prophets, would notice. That's pretty hilarious if you ask me.

Anyways, my point still stands. The books only take away from the legacy of the original trilogy.

Plus even if Truth did know where Earth was, why would he send the fleet there? Why wouldn't he send it somewhere else. I don't know... Maybe to one of the actual Halos??? Lol
Please don't post multiple time in a row. If you need to add more information or quote other users, you can edit your last post. Thanks
Believe me, I understand you. I can't think for a more epic ending for a saga than Halo 3. It makes me want to think that was the last game after seeing how disgustingly treated it has been. But there are some things I want to touch on.

1. Yes, the ark should be very damaged. And although Halo doesn't kill flood, the destruction should have killed everything. If they wanted to bring the flood back, the only way I see fit is having them hidden in the spirit of fire, giving Halo War's story a purpose, but they simply wasted the opportunity in a comic.

2. Guilty spark being alive is -Yoink-, I agree 100%.

3. Cortana being alive is even worse, also for Halo 4. Halo 4's story (completely isolated, just about chief and already teased in Halo 3) connected the original saga with "Hummanity's weakness", a tale about cortana's thinking in the dawn, and the fact that she was going to die, in the most beautiful, emotional, solid and satisfying end for our AI companion of all life. But you know what Halo 5 did. 14 years of ddevelopment completely obliterated. This makes what they did to Luke in the last jedi look like masterful character development.

4. Because the flood would be "extinct" and the covenant "disbanded" (I'll talk more about them below), the didact and the forerunners are the way to go now with Halo's enemies and it makes me sad that they can't handle this. Think about it: each game in the trilogy exposed us more to them, in Halo 3 they are hinted at the terminals, the librarian, mendicant bias, the didact, and spark says that chief is forerunner. I could not be more hyped for a human&elite-forerunner war. In Halo 4 it started, in 5 it was ruined.

5. Chief. Halo CE's cover directly says that he is THE LAST SPARTAN. I don't want to get completely mad for such a mistake like this. It is not worth it. The only thing that I can come up to is that those who wrote about more spartan II's after the fall of Reach literally didn't play the original game. The mother of the franchise. Even First Strike, my favorite Halo book ever, could have done better when managing this. I could kinda get behind it then because they were trapped on Reach, missing and completely thought by anyone to be dead, but then...

6. The covenant and the end of the war. Halo 3 itself made a point that not all the covenant went into the ark. And if they are an absurdly large population that dominates the galaxy, it's obvious that they would not just all surrender, and we would continue seeing them. However, the execution of this is insulting. It's trash. It's disrespectful to everyone that played the bungie games, and that shed a tear when lord hood and the arbiter shook hands, just before he joined Rtas and went home.

7. The covenant and the end of the war part II. The Kilo five book series is the biggest middle finger to the idea that we defeated the covenant. That we finished the fight. It literally rectons in the cheapest and laziest way possible the alliance with the elites and the defeat of the covenant. Literally some random dogs of oni manage to sparkle a civil war on an alien society hundreds of years above humanity. It even mocks the ending tribute cutscence of Halo 3 by including it and turning it into something fake and superficial, that would lose all the meaning some time later. If I can resume why Halo 3 was completely neglected, this books and Halo 5 have 99% of the fault.

8. The covenant and the end of the war part III. Sadly, Halo 4 followed this plot point and grew it instead of rectoning and finishing it. It happened on Halo 5... oh, nevermind. Halo Wars 2 is here. Even the banished had some problems IMO. The only way I could see the covenant back is by acting as pawns of the forerunner fleets (no elites what so ever), so we can fight them during gameplay. Halo without covenant is not Halo, but in the story their prescence needs to be drastically reduced and different to keep up with Halo 3.
I agree100%.1 other thing i would include on your list is introduction of so many Spartan IV-s and how strong they seem to be.
While I heavily disagree with most of what you said, I can agree that Cortana being brought back was a mistake.
Self-deleted post.
I agree100%.1 other thing i would include on your list is introduction of so many Spartan IV-s and how strong they seem to be.
In what way does having Spartan-IVs undermine Halo 3?
tL Armada wrote:
In what way does having Spartan-IVs undermine Halo 3?
In the way that it makes Master Chief look like an ordinary Super Soldier of what we now have hundreds similar to him.So it takes away the immersion of what it took to be a Spartan in Halo Universe.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4