Forums / Community / Halo Universe

[Locked] Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn - "Axios!"

OP DayandKnightly

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Something I just noticed on the trailer - at the 0.:48 mark Lasky yells something as he charges into the fight (against the orders of his superior officer it would seem).

I couldn't quite make out what the word was, but after doing a little clicking around the information superhighway I believe he yells the word "Axios!"

Translated from the Greek it means "worthy." This is what Gnaeus Domitius Corbulo cried as he fell on his own sword, an order from his Emperor (Nero in this case).

Hmmm ... Gnaeus Domitius Corbulo ... Corbulo Academy of Military Science ... I see what they did there :)

This heightens the meaning of Black's words at the 1:10 mark when he's talking to the line to the cadets: "... I am worthy. You are anything but."

Someone may have already noticed this but I thought it was a great layer to the trailer that isn't apparent the first time you see it. There's depth we're getting and we don't even realize it.

Here's where I'm getting this from: Gnaeus Domitius Corbulo
Wow, nice find.

I would have never realized that. :)
Thanks.
Iv been watching it and I think your right, witch is kinda ironic...but I with the would cut down on the shaky cam during action...
He does say "Axios!"
They use the word several times during the squads scolding by General Black.
It makes me wonder what they are worthy of. Not that I'm saying they aren't worthy of anything, only that I'm curious as to what the context of it is.

Are they worthy of saving Earth and its colonies, or something far greater?
are they worthy..? they may be. worthy of what ..? a good question

Are you worthy.. defending Earth and all of its colonies unto death? We know Chief is.
well hes just lucky. :)
when does the next episode come out?
Quote:
when does the next episode come out?
next friday.... ending 11/2/12
its funny that when lasskys getting chewed out he refers to the female officer as a SIR instead of Ma'am... funny errors
vgood hope it will help to make a movie as good as this look like it go to be. AAA to 343
is mama not there do kids in the army get there ma mas to tell them of no so this is right
General Black explains why Axios is the squads motto.
Also it is very traditional in scifi movies to call female superior officers sir.
Quote:
It makes me wonder what they are worthy of. Not that I'm saying they aren't worthy of anything, only that I'm curious as to what the context of it is.

Are they worthy of saving Earth and its colonies, or something far greater?
its a old story so it could be, worthy to the gods or worthy of being a warrior or who knows.
I thought it was just as simple as they are UNSC officer cadets. So are they worthy to be officers and lead UNSC troops.
Quote:
its funny that when lasskys getting chewed out he refers to the female officer as a SIR instead of Ma'am... funny errors
That's not an error..
Quote:
I thought it was just as simple as they are UNSC officer cadets. So are they worthy to be officers and lead UNSC troops.
I am pretty sure most military academies consider a cadet/midshipman unworthy until AFTER graduation.
Quote:
Quote:
That's not an error..
Coming from a military family, I've noticed that it all varies from person to person. As a cadet, you usually address them by their gender. Although I've met a couple female officers, cadets and otherwise, that prefer to be called SIR.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
That's not an error..
Coming from a military family, I've noticed that it all varies from person to person. As a cadet, you usually address them by their gender. Although I've met a couple female officers, cadets and otherwise, that prefer to be called SIR.
Ok, first of all, its Laskey* not "lassky". Second, Frank O'Connor had stated before that everyone at Corbulo, regardless of their gender, is called Sir. He said all of that will be explained in a future episode.
I want the full quote from the general and the text on the block over the bed in their rooms PLS:))
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2