OP I Be Quazi

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Quote:
"I beat the first Halo campaign with my cousin 10 years ago and have been a die hard fan ever since but I see now that Bungie was Halo. This game is just a fake imitation of their work and the series will never be the same."
My Personal Campaign Review/Rant:
I cannot stress this enough that this is the worst Halo Game ever. I can't believe 343 took over and took a huge dump on the whole series. This is hands down the worst campaign I have ever played. My friends and I just finished the campaign together and there was no armor given out for beating it on Legendary! Then I read online that you need to beat all the campaigns in the Master Chief collection to get the special armor? Not even a Emblem, Weapon Skins, REQ Points, literally nothing for beating it. Are you serious? So you all remember the trailer for the game? Locke and Chief were under a statue doing a face off, let me tell you. So Master Chief and Locke holding hands at the end the game shot a bullet into my brain and made me commit Japanese Ritual Suicide. We spent 5 Hours so excited about the campaign and you finish it off with the Doctor saying "Took you long enough". Honestly to 343 just don't create a Halo 6, you guys took the game, crumpled it into a piece of paper, poured gasoline onto it, took a dump on it 20 times, stabbed it with a blade and lit it on fire. If you guys didn't know how to keep the series going, then why buy it from Bungie? I literally feel like I wasted 60$ on this. You guys have just joined Call of Duty with their failed franchise. Every game Bungie made was beautiful and a masterpiece, you guys obviously can't follow in their footsteps.

Multiplayer:
The Original Halo game types were great by surprise even with the new thrusting and weapon changes but Warzone was an utter fail. The regular Warzone game type felt like a Destiny Raid with 12 Others, fighting another team of 12 while doing the raid. The map designs made it so there is no skill used, it is just about how many shooters can stack up on one person. I felt the exact same way on Warzone assult.

Conclusion:
The Campaign was a major let down and Arena was the only thing great in Multiplayer. In terms of only having 1/3 things in this game that I enjoyed, this has to be the worst Halo game to date. Every other Halo game I enjoyed, this was just a "WASTE OF TIME".
You must be real fun at parties, complaining about every tiny thing. Go play Destiny or something.
I strongly disagree.
Do you guys even know that the writer for the Campaign didn't even follow the real story? There's tons of holes in the story due to this writer not knowing what he was doing.
You must be real fun at parties, complaining about every tiny thing. Go play Destiny or something.
Yeah my bad that I saved 60$ for this game expecting a lot more from one of my Favorite titles. You would really say that this Halo is better than all the previous ones? They promised "the most dramatic one of them all", your telling me that this campaign blew the rest out of the water? No it didn't, this had less of a story than all the previous ones and plus I actually would go play Destiny because its made by the original makers of Halo.
I am, sadly, with you Quazi. The story is very stupid. Nothing seems to develop, it just happens because...reasons. MC going AWOL was non-sensical what reason did he have to do that? What was he going to do to fix her, shoot her? He would need the UNSC tech people so why wouldn't he listen to their orders? In H4 he at least had a reason to disobey as there was clear threat he was trying to stop in it's infancy, here however his A.I girlfriend said come running and he did, and for no intelligent reason Blue team just goes along with it, totally ut of their character, from the lore they don't just follow MC because, if they can't see the logic, which MC didn't give t them, they would not go along, Fred even voiced his doubts beforehand, so why after MC blacking out and trying to follow the whim of a, as far as everyone knows, dead A.I - is Fred so willing to tag along - heck the whole time they are following him they are doubting him, why don't any of them tell him to stop and seek help from the vastly more resourceful UNSC.
The Warden Eternal? WTF was he about? Pointless character.
Cortana (the fact she was actually in the game and not just a series of ghost fragments or it just being the MC going bonkers) and her solution, 1. why would the MC have a problem with using the Guardians as she suggested? Is that not his purpose too? Kill things and be a big bad threat to keep people inline (same as the Infinity, nukes etc.), you know the original reason the S-II's were created. 2. After the development of Cortana in H4 as a very 'Human' character and the whole 'figure out which of us is the machine' thing why would she suggest this very robo-logical totalitarian solution?
There were far too many people in this game to the point nobody got any development. Brian Reed is terrible, I really hope it is purely a crappy contract that has forced them to let him write because if they are actively choosing this man after his fails, that is terrible.
Personally I think this game should have been an Osiris spin off, with Halo 5 to come later, let us really get to know Osiris, forget MC and them for now. Have Jul as the villain give him more development, introduce the Warden in a meaningful way and have the Didact return, if Cortana was to return it should have just been a hint/tease at some point in the game or the legendary ending.
I Be Quazi wrote:
Do you guys even know that the writer for the Campaign didn't even follow the real story? There's tons of holes in the story due to this writer not knowing what he was doing.
Yeah my bad that I saved 60$ for this game expecting a lot more from one of my Favorite titles. You would really say that this Halo is better than all the previous ones? They promised "the most dramatic one of them all", your telling me that this campaign blew the rest out of the water? No it didn't, this had less of a story than all the previous ones and plus I actually would go play Destiny because its made by the original makers of Halo.
Based on what facts? Evidence? Because how does a writer at 343i that has been there since its inception not follow his own story?
Halo 5 does not suck and going to such an extremist extent as to say it is the worst game ever is just beyond ridiculous and obviously very biased against 343's Halos.
ROBERTO jh wrote:
I Be Quazi wrote:
Based on what facts? Evidence? Because how does a writer at 343i that has been there since its inception not follow his own story?
Evidence? After Halo 3, Bungie sold the game series to 343i. The writer who wrote the story for Halo 1, 2 and 3 for Bungie was named Joseph Staten. When Halo was sold to 343i they needed a new writer because Joseph went along with Bungie to work on Destiny. So they made Brain Reed the head writer. So I hope that answers your question.

DC Ambrose wrote:
Halo 5 does not suck and going to such an extremist extent as to say it is the worst game ever is just beyond ridiculous and obviously very biased against 343's Halos.
Yes it does and not the worst game ever. Worst game of its series. Why would I go out and say its the worst game ever? Things have not yet came out yet and still I think Call of Duty takes the place of that after releasing the same content for the past 5 years. I am very biased on the game though, because having played every Halo game to date. Every other campaign except Halo 5 gave me a sense of accomplishment and letting me be the "Hero". In this you get no reward for beating the game except for some achievements, giving the player the feeling that he just wasted his time. With also nothing happening in the story which had a major impact like the rest of the games and leaving the players with a questionable cliff hanger. The reason I'm complaining is because if we don't say anything about what they did wrong with this game then they will never fix it with the next one. So why would I say the game is perfect when they've taken out split-screen so I can no longer play with my friends at my house, each of them have to buy their own copy just to play with me now. The trailer of the game, Locke and Chief were facing off and they turning out saving each other? Another let down, you leave player thinking before he buys the game that something major is gonna go down and then nothing like that even happens except for one cut scene? So no this game has taken away the originality of it and replaced it Destiny, Titanfall, Call of Duty type gameplay that people have already seen. Plus they called Halo 5: Guardians, what are the characters called in Destiny? Guardians? So to make my point perfectly clear. They ripped you all off with having a name that meant so much to true fans but now is replaced with things you can find in other games and is very unoriginal. So thats why it sucks, so sorry to tell you.
I Be Quazi wrote:
ROBERTO jh wrote:
I Be Quazi wrote:
Evidence? After Halo 3, Bungie sold the game series to 343i. The writer who wrote the story for Halo 1, 2 and 3 for Bungie was named Joseph Staten. When Halo was sold to 343i they needed a new writer because Joseph went along with Bungie to work on Destiny. So they made Brain Reed the head writer. So I hope that answers your question.
So, Brian Reed is not Joseph Staten = your "logic."

/=

Quote:
When Halo was sold to 343i they needed a new writer because Joseph went along with Bungie to work on Destiny.
Spoiler:
Show

Spoiler:
Show
It's interesting how opinions differ...

I think Halo 5 is the most fun I've had playing Halo in a loooooong time. I can't wait to get off work to go play some more! I love it!
DC Ambrose wrote:
I Be Quazi wrote:
ROBERTO jh wrote:
I Be Quazi wrote:
So, Brian Reed is not Joseph Staten = your "logic."

/=

Quote:
When Halo was sold to 343i they needed a new writer because Joseph went along with Bungie to work on Destiny.
Spoiler:
Show

Spoiler:
Show

I didn't know I had to spell it out for you DC. So your this is logic. Roberto said "Because how does a writer at 343i that has been there since its inception not follow his own story?" I replied with an answer that I thought would be self explanatory, but I guess not. He said "follow his own story", I was replying with Joseph Staten's contribution to the series to show him the writer that is current did not write the full story nor is it his own. So in terms of your logic = retardation. Thank you.
Nivloc55 wrote:
It's interesting how opinions differ...

I think Halo 5 is the most fun I've had playing Halo in a loooooong time. I can't wait to get off work to go play some more! I love it!
It is the most fun I've had playing because its been quite awhile but the story is a big let down. The multiplayer is still somewhat the same Halo and I still enjoy it but I just wanted to voice my opinion that I think this is still one of the worst games of the series.
Accidental post
I am, sadly, with you Quazi. The story is very stupid. Nothing seems to develop, it just happens because...reasons. MC going AWOL was non-sensical what reason did he have to do that? What was he going to do to fix her, shoot her? He would need the UNSC tech people so why wouldn't he listen to their orders? In H4 he at least had a reason to disobey as there was clear threat he was trying to stop in it's infancy, here however his A.I girlfriend said come running and he did, and for no intelligent reason Blue team just goes along with it, totally ut of their character, from the lore they don't just follow MC because, if they can't see the logic, which MC didn't give t them, they would not go along, Fred even voiced his doubts beforehand, so why after MC blacking out and trying to follow the whim of a, as far as everyone knows, dead A.I - is Fred so willing to tag along - heck the whole time they are following him they are doubting him, why don't any of them tell him to stop and seek help from the vastly more resourceful UNSC.
The Warden Eternal? WTF was he about? Pointless character.
Cortana (the fact she was actually in the game and not just a series of ghost fragments or it just being the MC going bonkers) and her solution, 1. why would the MC have a problem with using the Guardians as she suggested? Is that not his purpose too? Kill things and be a big bad threat to keep people inline (same as the Infinity, nukes etc.), you know the original reason the S-II's were created. 2. After the development of Cortana in H4 as a very 'Human' character and the whole 'figure out which of us is the machine' thing why would she suggest this very robo-logical totalitarian solution?
There were far too many people in this game to the point nobody got any development. Brian Reed is terrible, I really hope it is purely a crappy contract that has forced them to let him write because if they are actively choosing this man after his fails, that is terrible.
Personally I think this game should have been an Osiris spin off, with Halo 5 to come later, let us really get to know Osiris, forget MC and them for now. Have Jul as the villain give him more development, introduce the Warden in a meaningful way and have the Didact return, if Cortana was to return it should have just been a hint/tease at some point in the game or the legendary ending.
Wanted to reply to your post but forgot. All I wanna say is exactly. Especially with the Cortana saying stuff to chief and the commander reminding him in Halo 4 at the end all saying things about machine as well. So I'm asking myself the samething, why would Cortana find this the only solution. The Warden Eternal was a joke, they used that made up character as a solution for a boss which was fine until they used him two more times with spawning more of him which at that point made it seem unoriginal.
I have to agree aswell with quazi, halo 5's ending was TOTALLY STUPID because there was no satisfactory on the ending its incomplete,****SPOILERS****every other halo had a good ending making u feel that youve completed your mission halo1 chief flees the halo destroying it halo 2 kills the flood (not really) but leaves cortana(i havnt played in depth like the others so im not really sure about ending) halo 3 destroys flood(really) on the ark retrieves cortana and kills guilty spark and was set adrift in space with half of forward unto dawn halo4 saves humannity from didact but sacrifised cortana halo reach pillar of autumn succesfully gets out of reach and the last spartan of noble six (besides jun) is left on the planet to die while it gets glassed halo wars spirit of fire was and still is drifting off in space with the ship's crew in cyrosleep halo 3 odst buck and his team leave on a phantom out of new mombasa . All satisfactory endings halo 5 is just a to be continued story like harry potter and the hunger games.They just milking the halo franchise. And also how did he get new armor in halo 4 if he was in cyro sleep for 4 straight years?And also wht did halo 5 do to cortana's face?
@OP - You sound very immature in your presentation, and go play Destiny if you want. It's a fun game, but I hope you enjoy shelling out even more money to simply continue playing the game...
I Be Quazi wrote:
ROBERTO jh wrote:
I Be Quazi wrote:

DC Ambrose wrote:
Yes it does and not the worst game ever. Worst game of its series. Why would I go out and say its the worst game ever? Things have not yet came out yet and still I think Call of Duty takes the place of that after releasing the same content for the past 5 years. I am very biased on the game though, because having played every Halo game to date. Every other campaign except Halo 5 gave me a sense of accomplishment and letting me be the "Hero". In this you get no reward for beating the game except for some achievements, giving the player the feeling that he just wasted his time. With also nothing happening in the story which had a major impact like the rest of the games and leaving the players with a questionable cliff hanger. The reason I'm complaining is because if we don't say anything about what they did wrong with this game then they will never fix it with the next one. So why would I say the game is perfect when they've taken out split-screen so I can no longer play with my friends at my house, each of them have to buy their own copy just to play with me now. The trailer of the game, Locke and Chief were facing off and they turning out saving each other? Another let down, you leave player thinking before he buys the game that something major is gonna go down and then nothing like that even happens except for one cut scene? So no this game has taken away the originality of it and replaced it Destiny, Titanfall, Call of Duty type gameplay that people have already seen. Plus they called Halo 5: Guardians, what are the characters called in Destiny? Guardians? So to make my point perfectly clear. They ripped you all off with having a name that meant so much to true fans but now is replaced with things you can find in other games and is very unoriginal. So thats why it sucks, so sorry to tell you.
Uh. Actually, Cortana turning evil WAS the original story, as in the OG story in Halo CE. She was supposed to go evil after being plugged into the Halo Control Center, at which point she'd be flooded with knowledge and gain an instant god complex, becoming what 343 Guilty Spark ended up being: rampant.

Halo 5 more closely resembles the "original" story than any other Halo game. Replace "Halo Control Center" with "Domain" and you get what Bungie was originall intending to do. Beyond that though there was nothing Bungie formulated past Halo 3, so no, 343i is not "throwing out" the original story; if anything they are more closely following it in spirit. By all means, tell me about these "holes"
100% agreed. This is the worst story featured in a Halo game since Halo 3. It's so generic, lazy and confusing which is extremely dissapointing since Halo 4 set up a great start for the Reclaimer Saga. I'm going to continue complaining about it until 343 will acknowledge the mistakes they made. It's the only thing that convinced 343 to remove all of the bad decisions they made in Halo 4 multiplayer.

Quote:
Uh. Actually, Cortana turning evil WAS the original story, as in the OG story in Halo CE. She was supposed to go evil after being plugged into the Halo Control Center, at which point she'd be flooded with knowledge and gain an instant god complex, becoming what 343 Guilty Spark ended up being: rampant.

Halo 5 more closely resembles the "original" story than any other Halo game. Replace "Halo Control Center" with "Domain" and you get what Bungie was originall intending to do. Beyond that though there was nothing Bungie formulated past Halo 3, so no, 343i is not "throwing out" the original story; if anything they are more closely following it in spirit. By all means, tell me about these "holes"
That doesn't mean 343 Industries should have actually used it at this point when they killed her character off and gave her closure. They also confirmed it dozens of times in various sources. That plot should have just been discarded, and Cortana should have been allowed to rest in peace and her sacrificed in Halo 4 should have been respected. There's a reason Bungie abandoned it; because it's generic and pure crap. And there's far better AI characters that could have filled Cortana's niche in Halo 5 and the plot would have been more coherent and interesting.

Just because it was the original plot doesn't mean that 343 should use that idea. Do you think 343 should revive Bungie's original plot for Halo 2 which involved Mirranda betraying Chief and strapping a bomb to his back? Sometimes it's just best to leave cut-content. It was cut for a reason.
I read the word "Arena" in there. Flagged. To be moved to the Halo 5 Guardians Section.
Quazi I am NEARLY completely with you on this. But, I have to ask, do you really hate the multiplayer altogether? I totally agree the campaign is utter garbage, and broken in many ways at that. It is political money making slapped together nonsense. Hence, "Guardians" (Destiny). Pretty ridiculously obvious marketing right there.

But, the multiplayer. It truly is awesome, in my opinion. Yes, the Warzone is like Destiny and raid-like…but….that is awesome. Very awesome. I love it. Also, Arena is solid and the gameplay itself/weapons are outstanding, and the balance of everything feels very solid. I don't know, not sure how it will hold up over time, but right now it is pretty significantly awesome and fun to play. But, agreed, SP is generally pretty awful. Bungie destroys 343 in a lot of way, and Destiny overall is a far better game than Halo 5.
@OP - You sound very immature in your presentation, and go play Destiny if you want. It's a fun game, but I hope you enjoy shelling out even more money to simply continue playing the game...
Firstly i havent said anything about destiny so ur an ediot.secondly destiny the taken king is thier second game so u dont know wht u talking about. thirdly this is my first time that i have written on halowaypiont.and finally after bungie left and 343 made halo 4 the story was changed the grunts and jackals heads the brutes are missing , somehow the elites came back into the covenant after the whole species was banished from the covenant in halo 2 and grunts could speak english in halo 3 but in 4 could not then were able to in halo 5 and as i said in my other message chief's armor changed while he was adrift in the forward unto dawn and also there seems to be more than one mojolnir mark vi armors master chiefs one and the one you can put on your spartan. And also tecnically u hav to wait to buy halo 6 to finish the story...
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4