Halo 5 Truth

OP Nebula SK

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
thanks catalog
"hugs n kisses"
TBH, This looks like a graphical update with some sections being more pronounced than others.
Quote:
The Covenant vessels seen in this War Games map set are contemporary designs within a historical scenario.

For clarity: All War Game scenarios are combat simulations that take place within the UNSC Infinity. Many such map sets are based on actual locales - either reconstructed from fragmentary records (as in the case of the specific layout of the Undiminished Entelechy and deployment/composition of Thel 'Vadamee's Fleet of Particular Justice) or built from remotely sensed and on-site survey data for mission preparation and familiarization. Specific implementation of artistic [touches] is at the discretion of the simulation designers and [narrative] builders.
Thank you, Catalog!
So basically those may be a variant we've seen previously but with a 2558-2559 design?
So basically those may be a variant we've seen previously but with a 2558-2559 design?
That's how I understood it at least.
Baartvedt wrote:
Catalog has been everywhere lately. Thanks for clearing that up.

Side note: For the love of god, give us an update on Team Saber.
^^ Please take note of this man's side note Catalog.
I hereby designate this to be a --> High Priority Query.
Nebula SK wrote:
Baartvedt wrote:
Nebula SK wrote:
I've taken a look, all have the same design but vary a bit in size it seems.

but people this map takes place in CE time and ships like that weren't there.

It wouldn't be the first time that something new magically appears.

I think it's a redesign of an existing ship (battlecruiser?). The UNSC Forward Unto Dawn was redesigned in Halo 4, so it's not unreasonable to think that something similar has happened here aswell.

yeah i hope its not a redesign please catalog come and clear this up
I know the catalog answered this already but guys this isn't the first time we see ships like this or phantoms during Halo CE timeframe
http://www.halopedia.org/images/a/ad/HGN-InfiniteSuccor.jpg

http://www.halopedia.org/The_Last_Voyage_of_the_Infinite_Succor
Quote:
The Covenant vessels seen in this War Games map set are contemporary designs within a historical scenario.

For clarity: All War Game scenarios are combat simulations that take place within the UNSC Infinity. Many such map sets are based on actual locales - either reconstructed from fragmentary records (as in the case of the specific layout of the Undiminished Entelechy and deployment/composition of Thel 'Vadamee's Fleet of Particular Justice) or built from remotely sensed and on-site survey data for mission preparation and familiarization. Specific implementation of artistic [touches] is at the discretion of the simulation designers and [narrative] builders.
Contemporary designs?

Query: Does this mean that some Covenant shipyards have been brought back online?

Query: Are these ships CCS and CAS classes?

Also, some thoughts of my own: I've ruled out the more common ships from being CCS-Class. During the final day we had Truth, I noticed one of those ships is right above the map. You can see only one ventral beam rather than the two on CCS-Classes.
Quote:

Contemporary designs?

Query: Does this mean that some Covenant shipyards have been brought back online?

Also, some thoughts of my own: I've ruled out the more common ships from being CCS-Class. During the final day we had Truth, I noticed one of those ships is right above the map. You can see only one ventral beam rather than the two on CCS-Classes.
Shadow of Intent has received improvements to both the hull plating and its weapons, so I think the answer is yes regarding the shipyard question.

If the ships are above Installation 04, then they can't be CAS-class. They look identical and I believe the Seeker of Truth was the only known CAS-class ship in the Fleet of Particular Justice.
Baartvedt wrote:
Quote:

Contemporary designs?

Shadow of Intent has received improvements to both the hull plating and its weapons, so I think the answer is yes regarding the shipyard question.

If the ships are above Installation 04, then they can't be CAS-class. They look identical and I believe the Seeker of Truth was the only known CAS-class ship in the Fleet of Particular Justice.
I think you guys are not understanding what Catalog is getting at. These are not meant to represent old ships with a new graphical design, these are models of newer ships, juxtaposed onto an older historic setting.

The real world explanation for this is 343 probably did not want to waste time rendering a detailed CCS cruiser asset just for that one map, when they already had this newer ship model ready to go.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2