Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Halo 6 is not the last!

OP WrongGlobe

So we know that Halo 6 will be something about chief and Cortana, locke and the maybe the banished. But what will the next Halo be about, or even better yet will there even be a next Halo game after Halo 6. The story of the Halo universe is soo strong, that they could make an entirely new saga or maybe 2 more. But something tells me that Halo 6 is not the last. Some say a greater threat might come up, but i dought it, as Halo 6 is last in the forerunner saga, but maybe at the end we see a new or very old (flood) enemy pop up, which will leave us on a cliffhanger for the next and greatest Halo game ever, where the covenant are on our side to fight this powerful enemy, and maybe in some missions we play alone side arbiter as chief and locke work together. What are your guys thoughts?
343 I can't remember where they said it, but they want halo games to be around for at least another decade.Whether or not they will make sense or be good or not is a different story
At some point 343 stated they planned to be working on Halo for three decades. Unless they drop campaign and release multiplayer-only games after 6, or if the "three decade" goal was just BS, or if plans suddenly change, I can assure you it won't be the last chapter in the story. Likewise, I also (unfortunately) don't expect the Created plotline to finish in 6.
Andycu5 wrote:
At some point 343 stated they planned to be working on Halo for three decades. Unless they drop campaign and release multiplayer-only games after 6, or if the "three decade" goal was just BS, or if plans suddenly change, I can assure you it won't be the last chapter in the story. Likewise, I also (unfortunately) don't expect the Created plotline to finish in 6.
That is highly unlikely. Halo could not stand on it's own as a multiplayer only game.
Microsoft will keep Halo going for 30 more years! Sad because there would be a lot of 50-60 year old dudes still holding on to the franchise. I know I will hopefully be of that demographic, and HOPEFULLY Halo won't get stale by then!
Considering that 343 has stated that they are no longer going with a trilogy (as in 3 games for the reclaimer saga) and that Microsoft resevered the domain names for Halo 7-9. I say that Halo will go on for a another 10 years at the least.
Something tells you? How about 343i told everyone. They publicly announced turning the Reclaimer Trilogy into the Reclaimer Saga, so that they would no longer be bound to telling their story in only 3 games.
Although both Reach and ODST were created by Bungie, I think games like them as well as Halo Wars will help to keep Halo relevant for many years to come. As there is 3-4 years between 'numbered' Halos, releasing spin offs in the in-between years makes sense to keep the franchise relevant and keep fans happy.
343 I can't remember where they said it, but they want halo games to be around for at least another decade.Whether or not they will make sense or be good or not is a different story
i think the same
Seeing that campaigns have gotten worse with every 343 attempt I feel like after a few more halos 343 will have reduced the story plot to master chief and buck smoking a bowl while attempting to hunt the munchies......I mean truth.
Seeing that campaigns have gotten worse with every 343 attempt I feel like after a few more halos 343 will have reduced the story plot to master chief and buck smoking a bowl while attempting to hunt the munchies......I mean truth.
Halo 5 has been there only real mis-step story wise.
There should be keep making more Halo series after halo 6
They expanded the Reclaimer Trilogy into a Saga. So Halo 6 will definitely not be the last.
I doubt Halo 6 is the last in the Reclaimer Saga, and it probably won't be the last with MC as the main character. If you're asking how many are left with the Chief's story, well I hope it's as many as they can make as long as theirs a good story to tell. If his story is done, then it's done... they can make 30 years worth of games from the universe they've created whether it's during the Forerunner era, the Human-Forerunner wars, from the Covenant's perspective, another Spartan II team, an ODST/Marine game, or post-Reclaimer Saga... there's ample amounts of material to draw from, and they shouldn't be short of ideas with the potential of this universe. I hope and think there will be a lot more to come.
All we know for sure is that they mentioned the Ark will be visited a few more times after Halo Wars 2, meaning maybe some plot will base around that.
The will be interesting to revisit the Ark again
Whether or not they will make sense or be good or not is a different story
Agreed, I'm only excited for the franchise to continue for decades more to come if the quality of the storytelling is a lot better than H5. No interest in following it if it just becomes a cheap drama comic book.

A lot of the post H5 material sure is looking good though, I have to admit. Cautiously optimistic.
Whether or not they will make sense or be good or not is a different story
Agreed, I'm only excited for the franchise to continue for decades more to come if the quality of the storytelling is a lot better than H5. No interest in following it if it just becomes a cheap drama comic book.

A lot of the post H5 material sure is looking good though, I have to admit. Cautiously optimistic.
I've been cautiously optimistic since halo 4