Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Halo 6-Reach and Maethrillian

OP TRUe REDEMPTI0N

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I've seen this theory, and think it would be awesome if Halo 6 goes this route. Cortana, and the rest of the Created have a big amount of power, which looks like it's going to be hard for our heroes. However, there may be a key in order to bringing Cortana down. Supreme Comander Rho 'Barutamee was interested in finding Maethrillian. In 2552, when the Covenant attacked the Beta Eridani system, they secured Forerunner relics. 'Barutamee processed them with a Luminary, he noticed the artifacts pointed to an uncharted system. He believed he was going to find Mathrillian. In July 2552, the Fleet of Valiant Prudence arrived at the Epsilon Eridani system and believed the key to reaching Maethrillian was on Reach. However, he would never find out, as Long Night of Solace was destroyed by Jorge. The theory says that the key leading to Maethrillian is the Babd Catha Forerunner vessel. It goes to say that the heroes will head to Reach as to find a way to beat Cortana, and Halsey will inform them of the vessel. They will arrive at Maethrillian and locate the Domain, which is deep within Maethrillian. In the Domain is Abaddon, who wanted the Forerunners to pay for their crimes against the Mantle. The theory goes on to say that when the heroes come across Abaddon, he'll side with them to take Cortana down due to her crimes against the Mantle. I love this theory, it makes total sense. Bringing that mysterious ship we saw once in Reach, come back into play would be epic. Not only would it be so awesome to go back to Reach, but to see Maethrillian in-game would be amazing. This is a really cool theory not just for plot progression, but also character stuff. Reach is a place where many of our heroes would feel a certain way; home for Blue Team, place of guilt for Halsey, shame for Thel, and horror for Buck. This would be a really good way for the heroes to take her down, heading back to Reach (most likely no Guardian there) so they can find the ship to get them to Maethrillian, the Domain, and Abaddon. There is one problem with this theory, at the end of The Package, a charge goes off and this happens. Presumably, the vessel was destroyed, but who knows. Forerunner ships are extremely advanced, so maybe it's still around. Maybe there's a curve around it, and the Swords of Sanghelios will bring Luminaries with them to find Forerunner artifacts. I love this theory, what do you think?
I've seen this theory, and think it would be awesome if Halo 6 goes this route. Cortana, and the rest of the Created have a big amount of power, which looks like it's going to be hard for our heroes. However, there may be a key in order to bringing Cortana down. Supreme Comander Rho 'Barutamee was interested in finding Maethrillian. In 2552, when the Covenant attacked the Beta Eridani system, they secured Forerunner relics. 'Barutamee processed them with a Luminary, he noticed the artifacts pointed to an uncharted system. He believed he was going to find Mathrillian. In July 2552, the Fleet of Valiant Prudence arrived at the Epsilon Eridani system and believed the key to reaching Maethrillian was on Reach. However, he would never find out, as Long Night of Solace was destroyed by Jorge. The theory says that the key leading to Maethrillian is the Babd Catha Forerunner vessel. It goes to say that the heroes will head to Reach as to find a way to beat Cortana, and Halsey will inform them of the vessel. They will arrive at Maethrillian and locate the Domain, which is deep within Maethrillian. In the Domain is Abaddon, who wanted the Forerunners to pay for their crimes against the Mantle. The theory goes on to say that when the heroes come across Abaddon, he'll side with them to take Cortana down due to her crimes against the Mantle. I love this theory, it makes total sense. Bringing that mysterious ship we saw once in Reach, come back into play would be epic. Not only would it be so awesome to go back to Reach, but to see Maethrillian in-game would be amazing. This is a really cool theory not just for plot progression, but also character stuff. Reach is a place where many of our heroes would feel a certain way; home for Blue Team, place of guilt for Halsey, shame for Thel, and horror for Buck. This would be a really good way for the heroes to take her down, heading back to Reach (most likely no Guardian there) so they can find the ship to get them to Maethrillian, the Domain, and Abaddon. There is one problem with this theory, at the end of The Package, a charge goes off and this happens. Presumably, the vessel was destroyed, but who knows. Forerunner ships are extremely advanced, so maybe it's still around. Maybe there's a curve around it, and the Swords of Sanghelios will bring Luminaries with them to find Forerunner artifacts. I love this theory, what do you think?
Not too bad,I still want the flood back though
I got through about half of it before I decided tl;dr. It seems like a really good idea, though.
I agree, I want to see the Flood return. However, I think we should finish the Created arc first.
I love this theory. It's probably the only way I can see that Cortana could be brought down without introducing some sort of deus ex machina. However I'd also like to see the return of the Didact and The Flood. Perhaps they can be worked in some how.
Luke Del wrote:
I love this theory. It's probably the only way I can see that Cortana could be brought down without introducing some sort of deus ex machina. However I'd also like to see the return of the Didact and The Flood. Perhaps they can be worked in some how.
I wonder if the Didact comes back and regains control of the Prometheans, which leads to Cortana losing her ground military. Maybe the Didact starts to see the error of his ways, and begins to have a somewhat respect for Humanity.
Like the ark theories, this makes way too much sense to come true.
Like the ark theories, this makes way too much sense to come true.
I don't think it'll happen, but it would be totally cool if it goes this direction.
Luke Del wrote:
I wonder if the Didact comes back and regains control of the Prometheans, which leads to Cortana losing her ground military. Maybe the Didact starts to see the error of his ways, and begins to have a somewhat respect for Humanity.
Not gonna happen. But getting an advantage on Reach would be awesome.
Luke Del wrote:
Yeah, I hope we don't get some Deus Ex Machina stuff in 6. It could happen and I hope that it doesn't. Also yes, I want the Didact back, don't care much for the flood though.
I would LOVE for this to happen. Especially if we got to see the emotional differences between all the characters you talked about. I always wanted to see Buck have more hard feelings against Thel. I feel like that was a big issue in 5.

I think going back to Reach would be rather interesting and like you said, learning more about that ship that's there and possibly seeing a Guardian there would be awesome. I really hope this does happen. It would not only be emotional to the characters, but to us as well.

I just hope we get more emotion in 6. 5 was extremely lacking in it and a big backstep in my opinion.
I agree, I want to see the Flood return. However, I think we should finish the Created arc first.
The created arc shouldn't even be a thing,we should have stayed with the didact and prometheans and then added back the rest of the missing covenant from 4 and the flood
The created arc shouldn't even be a thing,we should have stayed with the didact and prometheans and then added back the rest of the missing covenant from 4 and the flood
I agree, I'm just saying let's get this arc over with 1st. I would've preferred if it went somewhere else like you said. That'll probably come after we kill Cortana.
I agree, I'm just saying let's get this arc over with 1st. I would've preferred if it went somewhere else like you said. That'll probably come after we kill Cortana.
Do u really want to wait another 5 or more years for flood in a mainline halo game? Or should 343 wait that long
Do u really want to wait another 5 or more years for flood in a mainline halo game? Or should 343 wait that long
No :(, it'll be idk how long lolz.
Luke Del wrote:
I've theorised the same thing. I want to see a struggle for the Forerunner constructs between Cortana and the digitised Didact. I highly doubt he'd see the error of his ways, although I could see him sacrifice himself so as to provide a means for Humanity to defeat the Flood. In his eyes, Humanity would be the lesser of two evils.
No :(, it'll be idk how long lolz.
The created arc is just disappointing imo,the didact and Jul mdama had so much potential
Cortana did know of the vessel, and it could probably lead to Maethrillian. However, I don' think she knows the Domain is stored deep within Maethrillian, as well as Abaddon, as Splendid-Dust-of-Ancient-Suns was the only one who knew.
Luke Del wrote:
Yeah, I hope we don't get some Deus Ex Machina stuff in 6. It could happen and I hope that it doesn't. Also yes, I want the Didact back, don't care much for the flood though.
It's still is kind of Deux Ex Machinima for those who haven't read the books and are not familiar with the lore.
Juhox7751 wrote:
Luke Del wrote:
It's still is kind of Deux Ex Machinima for those who haven't read the book and are not familiar with the lore.
True, I think if it does go in this direction, Abaddon will explain who it is.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2