1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
What's your favorite Halo book? Mine is Halo: Contact Harvest.
I haven't read any yet, but I want to. I was thinking of starting with Halo: Last Light (and if I like it I'll then get Retribution and Envoy).
Mostly because Veta Lopis sounds cool. lol.

I have a Barnes and Noble coupon I got in the mail, so maybe I'll do that later in the week.
I haven't read any yet, but I want to. I was thinking of starting with Halo: Last Light (and if I like it I'll then get Retribution and Envoy).

I have a Barnes and Noble coupon I got in the mail, so maybe I'll do that later in the week.
You should start of with Fall of Reach, First Strike and Ghosts of Onyx. Great books.
The Kilo Five triology.
The Fall of Reach is my favorite.
Broken Circle
Ghahhhhh

So difficult I have read them all they are each unique and to just pick one seems to dilute the experience....

Have to vote Mortal Dictata...
First Strike. We are reunited with the other Spartan IIs like Fred and Linda while completely seeing what carnage half a dozen of them can do by destroying a space station and 500 ships
the Fall or reach or contact Harvest are great i have most of the books up until the Forerunner triliogy in my book collection, i keep meaning to go back and reread them,

I might just do that.

On a similar note, has anyone else read the Dr Halsey journal that came with i think it was Reach but might have been 4?
Hunters in the dark. That was really good to see the Ark again and the old characters from Halo 2-3 alongside with the new ones.
I only read the first 6 books released but am now eager to buy the newer ones.I liked First Strike the most.
nLz06 wrote:

You should start of with Fall of Reach, First Strike and Ghosts of Onyx. Great books.
DEFINITELY. Don't start in the middle of things. Just don't.
Fall of Reach
Play and/or read Halo CE or Halo: The Flood
First Strike
Ghosts of Onyx

There are a couple of books that take place before these. But these are the main 4 EVERYONE must read first in my opinion, in that order if possible. The books that take place before them are not too relevant to the full development of the series.
My favorite is probably Ghosts of Onyx. The ending of that book was great, and Kurt was an amazing Character.
First Strike would be a close second.
Glasslands is third. The relationship between Halsey and Mendez as the mother and father figure of the Spartans, and then arguing like parents would make for an awkward environment for the Spartans as none of them the IIs or the IIIs really got to experience this side of their childhood. They were just kind of surprised and didn't know how to quite react for a while. Mendez's guilt is really present and Halsey's concern/judgment for the Spartan-IIIs show her desire to make amends for the atrocities done to the Spartan-IIs. It's a deep book in my opinion.
Ghost of Onyx. It's one of the more underrated books IMO.
noble106 wrote:
Underrated, seriously? Maybe among young-uns who only got into Halo when 4 came out. Pretty sure almost everyone here has it in their top 3.
noble106 wrote:
Underrated, seriously? Maybe among young-uns who only got into Halo when 4 came out. Pretty sure almost everyone here has it in their top 3.
Eh, I should have said it gets overlooked nowadays. Before it was pretty popular but now anything before cryptum, or anything forerunner related basically, gets ignored (except for maybe the fall of reach and first strike), and for a lot of self proclaimed haloverse experts they seem to misremember a lot of the lore from Ghosts of Onyx.
I know I'm going to get a lot of hate for this, but The Flood was my favorite
Halo: Broken Circle, loved how we got to see the first year of the Covenant's existence and the added depth to them.
Ghosts of Onyx followed closely by Last Light.
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2