3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 10
Today is quite a sad day...
The updated books, TFOR, TF, FS have info on different pages meaning as TFOR and TF have pages that have events that have events between them...
So I had to change from mentioning pages and try to find a way around them.
I'm still thinking of ways to sort this.

Again sorry to anyone that uses this order regularly this problem will be first on my Halo prioritys.
Hope you could Re post with the new info in order would be much appreciated
Brilliant!
Quote:
(2142)
[P] Halo Legends The Duel
How do you know that The Duel takes place in 2142?
Quote:
Hope you could Re post with the new info in order would be much appreciated
I am working on this

Quote:
Quote:
(2142)
How do you know that The Duel takes place in 2142?
Grunts appear in it, and they joined the covie's about that time. And it's clear it's not during the Human-Covie war.
So I just put it in the earliest date I can. It's got to be somewhat accurate. If I can I'll ask 343i about this and see if I can get a more accurate answer
There is no direct source confirming that 343i changed the canon policy. The Halo canon policy still stands like this (Bungie):

1.) Games
2.) Novels/Books
3.) PR materials/reference materials.

In other words:

1. Halo Reach
2. Halo 3: ODST
3. Halo 3
4. Halo 2
5. Halo: CE
6. Halo Wars
7. Halo Legends
8. Halo: Evolutions
9. Halo: The Cole Protocol
10. Halo: Contact Harvest
11. Halo: Uprising
12. Halo: Ghosts of Onyx
13. Halo Graphic Novel
14. Halo: First Strike
15. Halo: The Flood
16. Halo: The Fall of Reach
17. Birth of a Spartan (Marketing)
18. ONI Candidate Assessment Program V5.02A (Marketing)
19. Superintendent Viral Campaign
20. Iris (Marketing)
21. I Love Bees

In reminder, Halo 4 is not released yet so that is why it is not in this list.
You deserve many more thanks for this CIA931. ;)

Quote:
There is no direct source confirming that 343i changed the canon policy.
I'm quite sure that 343 Industries have an all-encompassing ethic towards the franchise.
Quote:
You deserve many more thanks for this CIA931. ;)

Quote:
There is no direct source confirming that 343i changed the canon policy.
I'm quite sure that 343 Industries have an all-encompassing ethic towards the franchise.
Yea I'm sure about that also, 343i gave me feeling when they started doing Halo. I support 343i with this.
I do have to say, that the canon policy is something that is there, and will obviously effect anything else that is contradicting each other.
Though this canon order is for an order of everything in Halo, which means only thing that effects it hugely is a direct statment from 343i.
When Does the Halo CE Campaign missions fit in ?
Quote:
Hmm thats something I've been wondering a lot. Should I or should I leave it. There is a book called The flood that is acually the events of CE or CEA. Now that you mention it. I'll add them in.
Quote:
Quote:
Hmm thats something I've been wondering a lot. Should I or should I leave it. There is a book called The flood that is acually the events of CE or CEA. Now that you mention it. I'll add them in.
Thanks i have been following the guide because i wanted to know more of the cannon because i love the universe. Been fan since day one of halo
New Update.
I added Halo CE/CEA in.
Though I put it in the way it fits best, with TF.
Meaning that [B/G] means Book and Game.
It didn't feel right having the Game level on top or below of the chapter the level is in so I merged them together. And I feel that it's better off that way.
Below is events of Halo CE/CEA or in a better way to say it, everything that happens during the events of it. Happy Playing Folks

Quote:
[B] TF Prologue
[G] Halo Reach Credits
[B/G] TF Chapter 1 or Play Halo CE/CEA Pillar of Autumn Level
[G] Halo CEA Terminal 1(fits in where you found it in game)
[B/G] TF Chapter 2 to Chapter 3 or Play CE/CEA Halo Level
[B/G] TF Chapter 4 or Play Halo CE/CEA Truth and Reconciliation Level
[G] Halo CEA Terminal 3(fits in where you found it in game)
[B/G] TF Chapter 5 to Chapter 6 or Play Halo CE/CEA The silent cartographer level
[B] CFTU 343 Guilty Spark - Extracted/Transmitted/Volunteered from Log (Revolution 56-11.334)
[C] GN Breaking Quarantine
[B/G] TF Chapter 7 or Play Halo CE/CEA Assault on the control room
[C] The Last Voyage of the Infinite Succor
[B/G] TF Chapter 8 to Chapter 9 or Play Halo CE/CEA 343 Guilty Spark level to Two Betrayals Level Opening Cutscene
[B] CFTU 343 Guilty Spark - Extracted/Transmitted/Volunteered from log (Revolution 56-11.335)
[B] CFTU 343 Guilty Spark. Event Record 14361-Alpha: Revolution 56-11.335
[B/G] TF Chapter 10 or Finish Halo CE/CEA Two Betrayals Level
[B] CFTU 343 Guilty Spark - Extracted/Transmitted/Volunteered from Log (Revolution 56-11.336)
[O] I Love Bees Axon Chapter 11
[B/G] TF Chapter 11 or Play Halo CE/CEA Keyes
[G] Halo CEA Terminal 9(fits in where you find it in game)
[B/G] TF Chapter 12 or Play Halo CE/CEA The Maw
[B] CFTU 343 Guilty Spark - Extracted/Transmitted/Volunteered from Log (Revolution 56-11.337) [This links with Halo CEA Terminal 10]
[G] Halo CEA Terminal 10(fits in where you find it in game)
[B] TF Should End here...
I got to some back tracking this time. Below is a Halo Game, Book, Comic. Plus Halo Legends order. I wanted to do a simple order for folks that don't have any limited edition content, meaning Halseys Journal is not in this order sadly. This is the canon order during its prime days. Where I didn't include marketing canon or extra tibits.
Note that I didn't indlude Halo TFOR, TF, FS bonus content. This is becuase some people wont have the updated books.

Quote:
Halo Book/Game/Comic/Legends Order
[B] HC Full Book
[B] HP Full Book
[C] TFOR Boot Camp 1 May 21, 2513(6 pages)
[B] TFOR Chapter 1 to Chapter 2
[B] HE Pariah Chapter 1 to Chapter 2
[C] TFOR Boot Camp 1 September 10, 2517(3 pages)
[B] TFOR Chapter 3 to Chapter 4
[B] HE Pariah Chapter 3
[C] TFOR Boot Camp 2 September 24, 2517 UNSC Cargo Vessel Dartmouth (4 pages)
[B] TFOR Chapter 5
[B] FS Chapter 17
[B] CH whole book
[B] TFOR Chapter 6
[C] TFOR Boot Camp 2 March 9, 2525(1 page)
[B] HE Pariah Chapter 6
[B] TFOR Chapter 7 to Chapter 14
[B] HE Pariah Chapter 7 to Epilogue
[G] Halo Wars Intro Cutscene
[P] Halo Legends Homecoming
[G] Halo Wars Finish Intro Cutscene and finish the game
[B] GOO Chapter 1 to Chapter 5
[P] Halo Legends Prototype (Approximate Date 2532 to 2552)
[B] HE Midnight in the heart of Midlothian (Approximate Date 2532 to 2552 but after Prototype)
[B] GOO Chapter 6 to Chapter 7
[B] HE Headhunters (Alpha Company Place 1)
[B] TCP Whole Book Unknown Date [speculated Year 2535]
[B] TFOR Prologue
[B] GOO Chapter 8 to Chapter 9
[B] HE Headhunters (Beta Company Place 2)
[P] Halo Legends The Babysitter(Between 2542 and 2552)
[P] Halo Legends The Package
[B] GOO Prologue
[B] GOO Chapter 10 to Chapter 11
[C]Halo: HellJumper
[B] TFOR Chapter 15 to Chapter 23
[G] Halo Reach Noble Actual level to Tip of the Spear level
[B] TFOR Chapter 24
[G] Halo Reach Long Night of Solace level to New Alexandria level
[B] TFOR Chapter 25 to Chapter 26
[B] TFOR Chapter 30
[B] TFOR Chapter 27 to Chapter 29
[G] Halo Reach The Pillar of Autumn level to Lone Wolf level
[B] TFOR Chapter 31 to Chapter 36
[B] FS Chapter 1 to Chapter 2
[B] TFOR Chapter 37 to Epilogue
[B] FS Chapter 3 to Chapter 4
[B] HE Dirt
[B] HE Blunt Instuments
[C] Halo Bloodline
[B] FS Chapter 11
[B] FS Chapter 15
Anomaly Starts(events with anomaly next to them are the events that are during it)
[B] FS Chapter 18 to Chapter 27(Anomaly)
[C]Halo Graphic Novel Page 122(Anomaly)
[B] FS Chapter 28 to Epilogue(Anomaly)
[B] TF Prologue
[G] Halo Reach Credits
[B/G] TF Chapter 1 to Chapter 6 or Play Halo CE/CEA Pillar of Autumn Level to the silent Cartographer level
[C] GN Breaking Quarantine
[B/G] TF Chapter 7 or Play Halo CE/CEA Assault on the control room
[C] The Last Voyage of the Infinite Succor
[B/G] TF Chapter 8 to Chapter 9 or Play Halo CE/CEA 343 Guilty Spark level to Two Betrayals Level Opening Cutscene
[B/G] TF Chapter 11 to Chapter 12 or Play Halo CE/CEA Keyes to The Maw level
[B] FS Chapter 5 to Chapter 10
[B] FS Chapter 16
Anomaly starts and Ends
[B] HE The Mona Lisa
[C] GN Armor Testing
[C] GN Second Sunrise Over New Mombasa
[G] Halo 2 Start the game to Outskirts level
[B] HE Palace Hotel
[G] Halo 2 Metropolis level
[G] Halo 3:ODST play the complete the game but don't watch the Epilogue
[G] Halo 2 The Arbiter level to Regret level
[B] GOO Chapter 12 to Chapter 20
[G] Halo 2 Sacred Icon level to High Charity
[B] GOO Chapter 21
[B] GOO Chapter 23 to Chapter 24
[B] GOO Chapter 22
[B] GOO Chapter 25 to Chapter 27
[B] GOO Chapter 28 to Chapter 31
[B] GOO Chapter 33
[B] GOO Chapter 32
[B] GOO Chapter 34 to Chapter 39
[G] Halo 2 The Great Journey level to Ending
[C] Halo Uprising all of it
[B] GOO Chapter 40
[G] Halo 2 Epilogue
[B] HE Human Weakness
[G] Halo 3:ODST watch the Epilogue
[G] Halo 3 Arrival level to Floodgate level
[G] Halo 3 The Ark Level to Halo level (Don't watch final cutscenes)
[B] HE The impossible life and the possible death of Preston J. Cole
[B] G Prologue to Chapter 8 "Forerunner Dyson Sphere Onyx" part
[B] HE From the Office of Dr. William Arthur Iqbal (Letter)
[B] G Chapter 8 "Aanrar Shipyard, Ranarum Orbital Platorm to Chapter 16 "UNSC Port Stanley"
[G] Halo 3 Final cutscenes
[B] G Chapter 16 "Voi memorial" to Chapter 18
[P] Halo Legends Origins Part 1 and Part 2
[B] HE The Return
[G] Halo Reach Last Cutscene(After N-6's death)
New Update folks
I had to fix Halo Wars content a little, The Halo Wars Guide I have disagreed with where some things went
Quote:
(2530)
[G] Halo Reach Data Pad 14
[B] Halo Wars Game Guide Serina Paragraph ***
[B] HJ April 9, 2530
[B] Halo Wars Game Guide Forges Paragraph
[G] Halo Wars Timeline 23
[B] HG Page 6 (December 24, 2530) to Page 8
[B] TFOR Bonus Content 1

(2531)
[B] HG Page 9 to Page 12
[B] Halo Wars Game Guide Cutter Paragraph(Sprit of Fire slipspace)
[B] HG Page 13 to Page 14 (Spirit of Fire slipsace)
[B] HG Page 29 to Page 33
[B] HG Page 34 (Last Gleaming Slipspace)
[G] Halo Wars Timeline 24
[B] Halo Wars Game Guide Brute Chieftain(Unknown where this goes)
[B] HG Page 35
[B] Halo Wars Game Guide Anders Paragraph
[B] HG Page 36 to Page 37
[B] HG Page 38 to Page 44
[B] Halo Wars Game Guide Arbiter Paragraph
[B] HG Page 45
[B] Halo Wars Game Guide Prophet of Regret
[G] Halo Wars Timeline 25
[G] Halo Wars Timeline 26
[B] HG Page 15 to 28
[B] HG Page 46
[GM] Halo Wars Manual
[O] Halo Wars Launch Site Website down
[P] Halo Legends Homecoming (This is here because it is believed that this spartan is in the Halo Wars Launch Site)
[B] TFOR Bonus Content 4
[B] Halo Wars Game Guide Brute Chieftain
Shouldn't you have the start of the Human-Covenant war on your timeline?
Quote:
Shouldn't you have the start of the Human-Covenant war on your timeline?
Ohh thats an interesting idea... I shall put a bracket next to the events where the war starts and war ends.
Awesome, and by the way, your thread here is simply amazing, awesome job!
If you were wanting to add a few big event tickets into your timeline you could add the last bit of the The Impossible Life and the Possible Death of Preston J. Cole story.

The part where he managed to kill... I forget, I think it was upwards of 150+ Covenant warships in one go pretty much with very small losses(I actually don't remember reading about any losses).

Also the battle involving Unyielding Hierophant would also be very notable for the Covenant losses.

I don't know if you are interested or not with adding those types of history notes, but it would be pretty neat. I've always wanted to make a Halo timeline involving all notable events, battles, statistics and a few other various things... But it seemed far too daunting to take on myself.
Quote:
If you were wanting to add a few big event tickets into your timeline you could add the last bit of the The Impossible Life and the Possible Death of Preston J. Cole story.

The part where he managed to kill... I forget, I think it was upwards of 150+ Covenant warships in one go pretty much with very small losses(I actually don't remember reading about any losses).

Also the battle involving Unyielding Hierophant would also be very notable for the Covenant losses.

I don't know if you are interested or not with adding those types of history notes, but it would be pretty neat. I've always wanted to make a Halo timeline involving all notable events, battles, statistics and a few other various things... But it seemed far too daunting to take on myself.
Ok I'll say a few things. Though I don't have a problem with footnotes and all. I shall add them when I get time later today.
Below is the reason I don't put events detailed in reports(Not saying the report's doesn't get in look at 2552's December Section for example), "the impossible life and possible death of preston j. Cole" is a report after all. But I shall now put a footnote where that would be.

Quote:
On B-net I recently got a PM of a problem but not a problem I'd like to address it as it will help to understand this thread more.

His problem was with the file type reports (more noticed in the impossible life and the possible death of preston j. Cole) that parts in it were not in order.
Meaning that in the impossible life and possible death of preston j. Cole has the date march 12, 2481 and that should be in the 2481 area and so on.

Well I answered him by saying the file reports were put in the area of when they were made like the impossible life and possible death was made in december 31, 2552 so that goes in the 2552 december area.

I hope this helps as I should have mentioned this at the start as I had a long thought about if I should make them when they were made or put the dates said in the reports. Thanks to the guy that pointed that out.

If you want to ask me a question please post or pm me, I'll answer if I can as I got more spare time now and would like to answer people's questions about halo canon.
Thanks to a recent thought I found out something about Halo 4:Forward Unto Dawn(Lasky's memory segments.
It happens after April 2 2526 thanks to info given in Episode 1. In Chylers Silvas terminal there's two transmissions. One dated 24 March 2526, then one dated 2 April 25--.(probably 2526)
And with this info, the UNSC go public with the Covenant sometime after March 1st(thanks to Halo Genesis page 5 with ONI discussing making the Covenant threat known.
And the first main source that it went public was in 6 April 2526(thanks to Halsey's Journal giving a news report on Bliss.
Making it that either Corbulo Academy was starting to get a little secretive of this threat, news didn't get to Corbulo Academy, or that the Attack happens before/during 6th April 2526.
Either way it happens in 2526 and definitely after the 2 April 2526.
Hope this helps anyone understand why/where and how I placed halo 4:Forward Unto Dawn.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 10