2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 10
Seems like my fear of the past has caught up with me... I almost have no room left to update this thread... in fact while updating Halo 4 content I noticed it...
I'm gonna see what I can do, but this may mean a thread move... something I really didn't want to do. But if it means all canon can be sorted then I will happily do it.

Seems fitting though that Halo 4 comes out and a single step is the start of a new journey.

PS. 9 more days and this has been up here on these forums for 2 years.
I've made this timeline last year. Never finished it and now a lot things need to be revised. Esspecially after H3.
Still, that list gives a pretty good idea of how the different parts of canon come together in the correct order.

Only things missing are:
Thursday War
Foward unto Dawn
pretty much all comics
Halo 4
Halo Reach: Data Drops
Halo 4: Spartan Ops

Will work on that.

PS: Headhunters is difficult to place. Hence the expanded box. Same goes for The Return, Midnight in the Heart of Midlothian and The Prototype.
Some other ideas and input are welcome there.

PPS: You could argue the game Reach should actually be placed around the time of its final cutscene, as it really is a reconstruction of the events on Reach made around 2589
Quote:
Thursday War
Foward unto Dawn
pretty much all comics
Halo 4
Halo Reach: Data Drops
Halo 4: Spartan Ops
Thing is I know where those go, I could give you almost exact dates in you wanted. Limited edition of Halo 4 helps if you got the right Mission Briefing

Headhunters I placed in two places, one after Alpha's training and one after Beta's training.
Midlothian and prototype went to the earliest I could place an item, gives me room to move it forward when/if given and more precise date.

And Halo Reach huh... still I'm keeping mine like it is until

And I was thinking of making an order like your is but my order is a little too complex for it...
New info
I'm gonna post some new info here
Halo 4 Mission Briefings

it seems our spartans(Crimson) do a chatterbox operation without us playing it. Plus Mission briefing from the limited edition make placing the first 5 level harder

Heres also a better after 2552 order, due to me unable to update anything yet.

Quote:
(2553)
[B] G Prologue to Chapter 8 "Forerunner Dyson Sphere Onyx" part
[B] HE From the Office of Dr. William Arthur Iqbal (Letter)
[B] G Chapter 8 "Aanrar Shipyard, Ranarum Orbital Platorm to Chapter 16 "UNSC Port Stanley"
[G] Halo 3 Final cutscenes(3 March 2553)
[B] G Chapter 16 "Voi memorial" to Chapter 18
[B] TTW Full book
[LEC] Halo Reach Halseys Journa ONI case(1 June 2553)

(2556)
[O] Believe UNSC Symphony Orchestra
[P] Halo Legends Origins Part 1 and Part 2

(2557)
[P] Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn(Future part with Cortana and Lasky)(4 years 7 month's and 10 days after Halo 3)
[G] Halo 4 Campaign Level Dawn to Forerunner
[T] Halo 4 Trailer The Commissioning
[O] Halo 4 xbox.com site

(2558)
[G] Halo 4 Spartan Ops Episode 1 Departure Cutscene
[LEC] Halo 4 Gabriel Thorne Handbook(February 6 2558)
[LEC] Halo 4 Mission Briefing Land Grab(February 7 2558)
[G] Halo 4 Spartan Ops Episode 1 Land Grab Mission
[LEC] Halo 4 War Games Summary(February 8 2558)
[LEC] Halo 4 Mission Briefing All-Seeing Eye(February 8 2558)
[G] Halo 4 Spartan Ops Episode 1 Sniper Alley(Possible placement)
[LEC] Halo 4 Mission Briefing Chatterbox(February 9 2558)
[LEC] Halo 4 Mission Briefing Academic(February 10 2558)
[LEC] Halo 4 Mission Briefing Three-card Monte(February 11 2558)
[G] Halo 4 Spartan Ops Episode 1 The Challenge, Sacred, Core Missions(Possible Placement)
[G] Halo 4 Spartan Ops Episode 2
[G] Halo 4 Spartan Ops Episode 3
[LEC] Halo 4 Restricted ONI Message(Possible Placement due to Halsey Arriving)
[G] Halo 4 Spartan Ops Episode 4

(2559)
[B] HE The Return

(2589)
[G] Halo Reach Last Cutscene(After N-6's death)

(2610)
[O] Believe Museum(Please note that this is a cover by ONI)
[O] Believe Hunted(Please note that this is a cover by ONI)
[O] Believe Enemy Weapon(Please note that this is a cover by ONI)
[O] Believe Gravesite(Please note that this is a cover by ONI)
[O] Believe The John 117 Monument(Please note that this is a cover by ONI)
[LEC] Halo Reach Legendary Edition Letter
Thanks for the two years by the way folks. Woopie
As the new name suggests this tread is a Halo 3 and before canon order now. Its for two reasons. One that this thread has ran out of room for any now data. And two, its to give a new start for the Halo 4 days 343i will give us. A New thread will come out in a few days as I prepare an the opening of the Halo 3 and Beyond Canon order thread.

That doesn't mean. Oh I'll stop this thread. This thread has been a good project and I like how I kept to my word at keeping it fresh for 2 YEARS. I know crazy right.
This thread will stay as part of my Canon order, and will keep updating this. The second thread will be the future of Halo.

Well see you in a few days and Keep Clean.
Hey Daily update. In the Halo 4 and beyond half of the canon order. I fixed the Halo 4 campaign parts I somehow forgot(I know even I can make huge mistakes) well that and spartan Ops 1-9 are sorted.
In fact quick tidbit. Until given a more full answer Halo Reach and I Love bees will be changed or parts removed for general understanding of whats happening as, I love bees seems kinda wrong where I placed it.
Update
Woot finally a update sorry for the wait and all. Life sometimes gets crazy and all
Well here is what I call the Forerunner Update, all the Forerunner books sorted in order. And boy, getting the Halo 4 terminals in there was annoying.

Sure some work is needed like a updating of years, but this is a good bench mark to go off

Quote:
(100,000 B.C.E.)
[G] Halo 4 Terminal 1(War)
[G] Halo 4 Terminal 2(Lord of Admirals)
[B] Halo Evolutions(Volume 1 Exclusive) Soma The Painter
[G] Halo 4 Terminal 3(Charum Hakkor)
[B] TF bonus content 6
[G] Halo CEA Terminal 2
[G] Halo 4 Terminal 4(Flood)
[B] HC Full Book
[B] HP Full Book(place where events take place)
[B] HS String 1 to String 28
[G] Halo 4 Terminal 5(Knights)
[B] HS String 29 to string 30
[G] Halo 4 Terminal 6(Justice)
[B] HS String 31 to String 34
[G] Halo 4 Terminal 7(Cryptum)
[C] The Cradle of Life
[B] HS String 35 to String 39
[O] HS Rebirth (full) (Need the code access this see first post)
Update

Three years. Three long years, thats how long it took me to do this order.
I started this three years ago on Bungie.Net and that was a very simple book and game order, now look at it, wow.

Main Update
I used these two threads check them out not that long ago and appropriate errors in mine were changed
This thread was very helpful with The Battle of Reach, something that you should all look into if you love the Fall of Reach and Halo Reach, as this goes into more detail how everything went. Sure if 343i say other wise this could change
https://forums.halowaypoint.com//yaf_postsm1174757_posts.aspx
https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst208386_Chronological-Halo--Drafts.aspx

Thanks for everyones help by the way via PM they are very helpful ^^
Important update for anyone who still uses this, I added Halo 3's terminals using this key I made, its very simple. And easier to understand than line and line of typing.

And only two areas are hard to add. Due to not enough data is given to me to acually get an area to place them
Terminal 7's opening
Terminal 3's legendary opening

Quote:
Halo 3 terminals sorting
Halo Terminals
Halo 3 has terminals that have many parts. This is a easy sorting of them

T1 to T7 means terminal number

Terminals are split into two, a opening and a Ending.
O means opening
E means ending

Different dificulites have different story segments
N means normal segment aka thing you see on normal
L means Legendary segement aka thing you see on legendary
ENHL means all difficult(only one part has this.

examples(note dificulty may not be included for most openings due to only one having a dificullty change)
[G] Halo 3 Terminal T3-OL
Means Third terminal opening on Legendary
I realised I never linked this thread. Its useful for finding Spartan operations during Spartan Ops.
And plus if you dont want to open your silver folder thing in Halo 4.
https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postsm1713229_Halo-4-Limited-Edition-Mission-Briefings.aspx

Hope this helps evryone
Recent update
Added Spartan Assault

Had to include wargames as it links with that.

Spartan Assault is in two places

One place where the events told in the simulation go
Two place where the infinity parts go.
Added Halo Initiation.
And wow it was a interesting thing to place. Two locations one in October 2552. Due to how armor in the comic is barely functional.
And a second place in 2553 where Musa is talking to the Admiral and such.
First, thank you so much (and all those who helped) for such an elaborate chrono order!

Around the time of release of Halo Reach, I decided to read and watch the rest of the Halo universe. I wanted tot do it in chrono order, but had no idea how. At first I was bumbling about with random guesswork of online fans, until (after a week or so) I found your thread.

It helped greatly. However, I didn't want to break-up my reading experience, switching between books. So I started a simplified version. At first it was meant for myself. Later I thought: "This could be very handy for newcomers." So what I did was put my then simple list in an excel sheet. Ever since 2010 that has been a work in progress, much like your thread.

Now I converted the excel sheet to PDF. Would you be kind enough to give your thoughts on my simplified chrono order? If you would, you'll probably have questions on why I did certain things. I would be happy to explain.

Link for the PDF:
http://sdrv.ms/1aAPqs6
Quote:
First, thank you so much (and all those who helped) for such an elaborate chrono order!

Around the time of release of Halo Reach, I decided to read and watch the rest of the Halo universe. I wanted tot do it in chrono order, but had no idea how. At first I was bumbling about with random guesswork of online fans, until (after a week or so) I found your thread.

It helped greatly. However, I didn't want to break-up my reading experience, switching between books. So I started a simplified version. At first it was meant for myself. Later I thought: "This could be very handy for newcomers." So what I did was put my then simple list in an excel sheet. Ever since 2010 that has been a work in progress, much like your thread.

Now I converted the excel sheet to PDF. Would you be kind enough to give your thoughts on my simplified chrono order? If you would, you'll probably have questions on why I did certain things. I would be happy to explain.

Link for the PDF:
http://sdrv.ms/1aAPqs6
Well this is certainly a good job. May I first say congrats. Its certainly not a easy task as one would think huh. :) But I do say no lie that this is a good job. Actually made me review certain parts of my order itself. And find some errors thanks.

Now for some small comments.

Quote:
I am impressed at some things you added to this. I mean, the fact that there are 5 Mission Briefings in the Limited edition of Halo 4 is barely unknown to fans. So thanks for making me smile with that :) That has already got my respect :)

Removing Halo from all the titles is a brilliant idea. Wish I though of that to begin with. Due to the size of my order now though. Might become confusing if I changed it now though xD

Well can I say, a idea for the next update would be to add the terminals for Halo 3, Halo Anniversary, and Halo 4. Due to the information they tell and all.
And I would add Spartan Assault and Initiation, and Mortal dictata when/if you get them. :)

Other than that. Its only small things like sketchy pieces of canon(that is easily missed) being missing. Like stuff relating to ARGS and Marketing and the extra storys in the v1 and v2 editions of Evolution's. And I am still adding some parts of that in, so please don't feel bad.
Well Its still certainly a good job. I put a link to your work at the start of my thread.(you are credited and I will remove the link if you ask). As I agree this will be helpful to new comers and also people who dont want to chapter flip. I will be excited to see how you go ahead with this.
This has been the best halo run through guide out there.

I do have a simple question though.

You have:
[B] HC Chapter 28-35
[B] HC Chapter 36 to Chapter 42.

Is there something supposed to fit in between those sections or just a simple mistake?

Thanks for the dedication!
Quote:
This has been the best halo run through guide out there.

I do have a simple question though.

You have:
[B] HC Chapter 28-35
[B] HC Chapter 36 to Chapter 42.

Is there something supposed to fit in between those sections or just a simple mistake?

Thanks for the dedication!
I believe that is a simple error.
This error was created probably when I was trying to fit in IRIS and the Halo 3 terminals. Will be fixed.
Quote:
Well this is certainly a good job. May I first say congrats. Its certainly not a easy task as one would think huh. :) But I do say no lie that this is a good job. Actually made me review certain parts of my order itself. And find some errors thanks.

I am impressed at some things you added to this. I mean, the fact that there are 5 Mission Briefings in the Limited edition of Halo 4 is barely unknown to fans. So thanks for making me smile with that :) That has already got my respect :)

Removing Halo from all the titles is a brilliant idea. Wish I though of that to begin with. Due to the size of my order now though. Might become confusing if I changed it now though xD

Well can I say, a idea for the next update would be to add the terminals for Halo 3, Halo Anniversary, and Halo 4. Due to the information they tell and all.
And I would add Spartan Assault and Initiation, and Mortal dictata when/if you get them. :)

Other than that. Its only small things like sketchy pieces of canon(that is easily missed) being missing. Like stuff relating to ARGS and Marketing and the extra storys in the v1 and v2 editions of Evolution's. And I am still adding some parts of that in, so please don't feel bad.

Well Its still certainly a good job. I put a link to your work at the start of my thread.(you are credited and I will remove the link if you ask). As I agree this will be helpful to new comers and also people who dont want to chapter flip. I will be excited to see how you go ahead with this.

About all those terminals. I already thought about that. I decided to leave those out for the sake of symplicity. A bit the same idea as not splitting-up the books. The only exceptions are Evolutions and Conv. of the Univ. As those books consist out of stand-alone stories.
That brings me to another point; Evolutions. What did I miss? The book I have is the bundled version of volumes 1+2 (assuming that's what you mean by v1 and v2).

I indeed still need to add Spartan Assault and the new book and comics. It's just that I'm near to flat broke at the moment. ;)
Quote:
Quote:

About all those terminals. I already thought about that. I decided to leave those out for the sake of symplicity. A bit the same idea as not splitting-up the books. The only exceptions are Evolutions and Conv. of the Univ. As those books consist out of stand-alone stories.
That brings me to another point; Evolutions. What did I miss? The book I have is the bundled version of volumes 1+2 (assuming that's what you mean by v1 and v2).

I indeed still need to add Spartan Assault and the new book and comics. It's just that I'm near to flat broke at the moment. ;)
Ahh I see. You do what I do and wait to see what the story is before you add it. I do that so I dont mislead the fans. :) Anyways

Evolution's v1 has a extra story around the discovery of the Flood by the forerunners.
Evolution's v2 has a extra story around how the Flood infested High Charity so fast.

The bundled version doesnt have these as the bundled version came out first. so these are very easy to miss.
Added Mortal Dictata and fixed a bit with Initiation.
Mortal dictata is actually very interesting with the recent books. It wasnt afraid to do stuff.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 10