2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 10
Added Halo Escalation. It certainly helps picture when Requiem was destroyed. So that certainly helps.

This post has been hidden.

Quote:
Simplified chrono order update
new link: http://1drv.ms/1gc3Mwt (download for higher resolution pdf)

- [B]HS period dating updated to "100300 - 100000 BC"
- moved [B]HC, HP and HS up the timeline, to after [G]H3 (reclaimer era)
May I ask why the Forerunner Trilogy was moved to that time period? Just curious thats all

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
new link: http://1drv.ms/1gc3Mwt (download for higher resolution pdf)

- [B]HS period dating updated to "100300 - 100000 BC"
- moved [B]HC, HP and HS up the timeline, to after [G]H3 (reclaimer era)
May I ask why the Forerunner Trilogy was moved to that time period? Just curious thats all
Take seat. This is going tot take some time to explain. ;)

My main argument for moving them is what I would call the "archaeologist standpoint". All the other books are traditional story tellings. However, the books HC, HP and HS are a little different. They are similar to "reports" written by an "archaeologist" after digging up "artifacts". The role of the archaeologist is fulfilled by ONI. The artifacts are the statements and data. The reports are the books themselves (except HC, which is in its entirety, a recorded statement).
Although the the statements and data originate from 100000 BC, they were found in modern times. After coming to that conclusion, I had to determine when in modern times they were found, researched and when the reports were written.

The first hint is right at the beginning of HS. Data was found in the carapace of Catalog #879 and a monitor belonging to a dead Juridical. The hole book is a translation of found data. Research on and translation of the data was done at an ONIRF on Trevelyan.
That places HS after [B]GOO in the timeline.

* SPOILER *

In HP, 343 Guilty Spark is repaired an "interrogated".
- At the end of [G]H3 343 Guilty Spark is defeated. Thus needing the repairs.
- Two quotes suggest the interrogation takes place after the end of the human/covenant war. Page: 367 "[...], do you think the Covenant ever accessed this?" Page: 368 "And the Covenant tech teams, at their best, were never as good as ours."
The end of H3 is also the end of the war. The defeat of 343 and the end of the war places HP after H3. The report in HS is written after HP (page 12). This automatically moves HS up the timeline, also to after H3.

* END SPOILER *

As for HC, in HS ONI only states that they found the Bornsteller statement and designated it as File CR-537-21 (page 12). ONI does not specify when or where they found the Bornsteller statement. This means HC can be placed anywhere in modern times. But as the three books form a whole, I kept them together.

I was able to determine the books come after H3, but why keep them before [B]HE - The impossible Preston J. Cole? When I don't encounter any specific dates (as in this case), I place the material as early in the timeline as possible. Without disturbing past events or spoilering later stories.

Maybe you are able to get the following dates from 343 Industries:
- When the Bornsteller statement was found.
- When 343 was interrogated.
- When the translations in HP were done.
Well due to the nature of the Forerunner books they are at two places in my Canon order(well HP and HS). One where you said and one where the events actually happen.

look at these.
http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/ELEVENTH_HOUR
if you look at the fourth transmission. At least HP happens in 2553 as a ship called the UNSC Rubicon is sent to the Ark and finds something(Guilty Spark). Then goes missing.

That then puts HP sometime after the War at a undisclosed date as of yet.
Judging how HS put it the Bornsteller Relation was found before it, no other data has been given like time wise. So right now its best to keep HC before HP.

HS would actually go after at some point The Thursday War. Due to Onyx getting mentioned as Trevelyan.

And now the link I showed hints at stuff that happen after The Thursday War. With Elite colony's getting ready for something. This puts the reports sometime after The Thursday War.

With what I said.
HC happens before HS and could of been found at any forerunner installation discovered.
HP happens between the destruction of the Ark and Sometime after the thursday war but before HS.
HS happens after HP and after the Thursday war.

So at earliest I would put this stuff after The Thursday War or Mortal Dictata. Your choice this time around.

Quote:
Quote:
new link: http://1drv.ms/Mdpabo (download for higher resolution pdf)

- added Material folder to accompany the Simplified chrono order

- updated dating of [B]G to [2553 januari - march]
- updated dating of [B]TTW to [2553 march]
- added [B]MD [2553 march - april]
- added [O]Eleventh hour [2553 june]
- moved [B]HC, HP and HS to after Eleventh hour
- updated dating of [B]HP to [100000 BC / 2553 june]
- updated dating of [B]HS to [100300 BC - 100000 BC / 2553 june]
CIA391, could you update the link you posted on the first page of this thread. The old one leads to a deleted file.
oh sorry got caught up a little. Its been sorted :)

Ok done the hardest update I have done for ages.

The Forerunner update
In this more recent update. I revamped the first area of the Canon order.
With this I fixed up minor errors that actually made placing IRIS a piece of cake.

In Silentium the Librarian goes on a journey. Reason that isnt put in a separate area is she is telling the story. The events arnt happening at that moment.

IRIS terminals or Episodes as they are also known, are added. Put to areas where they actually fit. Small inconsistency's.

But this
[O] IRIS Episode 1 Array_Recorder_Data
Fits really well with the terminals and final chapters of Silentium. Just wow.

Now all that needs to be sorted now hopefully before Halo 5:Guardians release is

[LA]We are ODST (What year is it set in)
[O]I Love Bees(already in progress)
[O]Section 3 ARG

Enjoy :) And keep it clean
A good redditor posted his version of a Halo canon order on reddit. Our orders may differ at points but its still worth a look.

http://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/28kxnn/halo_media_timeline_experience_the_halo_canon_in/

This doesn't mean I will stop folks. Don't worry this thread still gets its updates.

Quote:
This document is quite well done! I'll mainly be using the checklist. For the simplified order I'll keep using your order as a guideline.
Well no problems just say when ever you need me to update my OP with anything relating to a Canon order alright. :D

Also small update. Thanks to the Catalog(Thank you to whoever runs that account) I managed to position the Mona Lisa, Primordium, and the events of Spartan Assault.
This thread will be getting a update to suit the new forum as several links and a few other stuff stoped working.
I apologise for the problems and hopefully most If not all the problems will be fixed

By the way till its fixed in the main post. Use the below link to see the Other half of the canon order
Halo Canon order halo 4 and beyond

Thanks for your understanding :)
This is like... better and more exact than the offical timeline. good job.
Ok fixed to suit the new forums folks thank you for your patience.
Ok here is what I changed.

Apparently putting a B in [] makes stuff go bold now and disapear. So that made the whole book thing disapear so now when you see (B) that means it is a book. I had to do that for every B so that took effort.

I also made conversations from the Universe limited edition content to suit it better.

Again thank you for your patience and I hope it serves you all well.
I recently added something to the Halo 4 side of the canon order. The Section 3 ARG. While almost impossible to follow properly. I put the start and "end"(if it really is the end of that ARG) to symbolize its existence in Halo Canon.

Which actually adds the year 2560. Which was interesting
Hey I have no issue with canon OCD but lord almighty are you prodigious I give seven points for such a document
Woah this was a lot to take in.

LIVE.DIE.RESPAWN.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 10