1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 7
  4. 8
  5. 9
  6. ...
  7. 10
A cool lil update to this thread.
You may know Grim has been adding to a couple canon fodders some in-universe lore.

While some are more, this is what happens sorta thing. Others are more direct in their approach. Leading to me adding a couple in.

Expect this thread to be updated every time an update has a transmission and so on.(though not all will be possible like the BLOOD OF SUBAN talk in one of the fodders)
Amazing list. It is really impressive how long you have been updating this.
Ok here is a small update before someone notices.

I moved the Mortal Dictata Epilogue to 2532.

While yes the book says 2523, that is a typo. And thus the move.

Source
Small update for those unaware. But one that is important due to how its related to one of the more harder parts of the canon order to follow.

Thanks to Grimbrother One. We now have the remove entry from Halseys journal.

This is included appropriately as shown below.
Quote:
(2547)
[G] Halo Reach Data Pad 17
[O] Project Page: Halo Reach CAA Factbook(Pages 5)
[LEC] Halo Reach Halseys Journal September 3, 2547 to September 5, 2547(Full September 4th Entry)
Removed something.
It turns out in January 2553 War Games couldnt support firefight. This stops Halo 3: ODST Firefight being possible. Due to Johnsons physical appearance in it. And him dying in 2552.
Seeing as they clearly used this Canon order.

I feel I should show it to you lot.

Linky to video

Above is a video of all the video Halo Materials, trailers, gameplay. Only thing not there video wise is Legends, Forward Unto Dawn, Nightfall, and the Fall of Reach Animation. For obvious reasons of Copyright.

It is very good. Almost perfect. I recommend using that if your after a binge.
I just found this thread and the canon is unbelievably amazing. "The Creator" of the canon (TCOC) definitely...RESPECT. I am wondering how much input or information is being shared with the new and upcoming HALO book? Anybody know?
I just found this thread and the canon is unbelievably amazing. "The Creator" of the canon (TCOC) definitely...RESPECT. I am wondering how much input or information is being shared with the new and upcoming HALO book? Anybody know?
I dont make the lore I am afraid. All I do is record sources and make a few lists with them. :) A labor of love for a franchise I enjoy.

If 343i decide to use this. It is up to them. I hear some of them use this now and then. :)
Huge update. This one is huge.

Based on feedback. I been working on how to make this thread slightly more easier to use, and also try to ensure the key doesn't become messed up in the future.

Thus here is a list of all the changes.
1. I removed the the use of Live action in this thread and changed it to trailers. There was no reason to keep a difference between the two for the purposes of this thread.
2. I reorganized the Main Key so they are in a little more logical order. This is mainly to tidy up.
3. I changed the key for Community Source to CS. This fixed an accidental mistake on my part.
4. Online became Online Material, meaning its easier to understand. Leading to the key becoming OM
5. Added a Physical Media key so I can account for media that doesnt link up to any of the Books, Comics, Games, and so on.
6. Added real world key so I can account for real world canon such as the Halo 5 E3 Hololens experience more accurately.
7. I change the key for the the Forerunner trilogy books to something more clear.
8. I also added a new key for Halo Fractures called HF.

This is what the main key currently looks like
Quote:
Key
Game=G
Game Manuals=GM
Limited Edition Content=LEC
Book=B
Comic=C
Program=P
Trailer=T
Online Material=OM
Real World=RW
Physical Material=PM
Community Source=CS
This is what the Forerunner trilogy keys turned into
Quote:
Halo Cryptum=TFS1:C
Halo Primordium=TFS2:P
Halo Silentium=TFS3:S
Additions
  • I added the First lootcrate item in September in 2558. As that is the only usable date in it. Though it obviously happens before it. We simply cant know how long.
  • I also added the Halo Fractures story Lessons learnt with the note that its only the excerpt currently.
  • Redone the Reach section.
  • Added We are ODST. Into a general Unknown covenant war section
Thank you for your continued support everyone.
Seems like you need to update. ;)
Well I dont have the 2 new books yet. And I update when I get them. Saves me messing up.(plus being two items off isnt that bad)

Kinda an unwritten rule I have. But know I do have to update shortly. Being a UK fan has been kinda bad lately ;)
CIA391 wrote:
Well I dont have the 2 new books yet. And I update when I get them. Saves me messing up.(plus being two items off isnt that bad)

Kinda an unwritten rule I have. But know I do have to update shortly. Being a UK fan has been kinda bad lately ;)
Ah, sorry for the pressure. Do you find anthologies more difficult to place, since it would involve more jumping around the place on the timeline?
CIA391 wrote:

Ah, sorry for the pressure. Do you find anthologies more difficult to place, since it would involve more jumping around the place on the timeline?
No pressure at all. :D I always find it a pleasure to see folks excited to see this thread(plus others) updated.

And not at all. I will do what I did with Evolutions. And do it story by story. 90% of the time the stories are short enough to actually fit in without page/chapter swapping.
Such a great thread.
Such a great thread.
Right? It's so great to have a definitive chronological way to play through Halo.
Such a great thread.
Right? It's so great to have a definitive chronological way to play through Halo.
Especially because sometimes I get a little lost or I can't remember a specific detail
How I can be master of unicorns?
Alvaruk0 wrote:
I thought there would be a really awesome new lore nugget to consume but...it was just this comment. I'm pretty sure it's impossible to be master of unicorns anymore. Also CIA391 when I'm here I might as well say the let's play you did with toa freak/Halo Canon was awesome.
Alvaruk0 wrote:
I thought there would be a really awesome new lore nugget to consume but...it was just this comment. I'm pretty sure it's impossible to be master of unicorns anymore. Also CIA391 when I'm here I might as well say the let's play you did with toa freak/Halo Canon was awesome.
Hey glad you enjoyed my guest appearance on Toas Halo Wars Lets Lore. Halo Wars I suck at but its still uber fun.

Well in regards to Lore nuggests. I recently fixed broken or outdated links to ones that work. I also finally added Mythos. Though that will get a more exact placement after Halo Wars 2 releases. And I finally got Halo Fractures to the best of my ability put into the canon order.

I also plan to add in another part of Iris. The Adjutant Reflex parts. Just need to find a good enough record for them and a few other parts of that ARG. But that ARG does require a lil shuffle after a I had a recent deeper review of it. (This should be exciting, no place to my knowledge has a proper timeline for it.)

Also about Master of Unicorns. To quote myself from Halopedia Unicorns page. Though the TLDR is. Its a remnant from a time long past. You cant have the rank unless you experienced the rank and kept it.
Quote:
On the Halo Waypoint Forums, when the ranking system was first being implemented, a glitch broke a lot of peoples ranks, keeping them at the original rank of "Member". On the 29th November 2011 the rank was changed to "I R STUCK" as a joke that the ranks were broken. On the 2nd January 2012, a forum user joked that the rank should be called "Master of Unicorns", and the rank shortly after was then changed to that by the web-team. Later on in 2014 when the forums updated to make things easier for the web-team, the rank stayed, and everyone who had the rank got a special Unicorn rank banner.
Im translating your teachings to Spanish, master.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 7
  4. 8
  5. 9
  6. ...
  7. 10