Halo Chronological Order thread

OP CIA391

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
So if I'm understanding this correctly, this is all confirmed halo lore, not missing any media other than in game videos, like the terminals?
Has the novel Fall of Reach been ret-con'ed?
ive just finished reading it and there are several things which don't match up with the games.

i understand that the game Reach came out after the book, but there's still things which don't line up with other parts of the Halo universe.

Apolgies in advance as I can't/don't know how soiled tags work here.

One of the main things which doesn't fall in line is that, in FoR, Linda dies.
Shes very much alive in Halo 5, and in CE there's no mention of any other spartans than John being aboard the Autumn.

There years to match either.
I know the year wasn't mentioned in CE, but there's a 10 year gap between FoR, which is supposed to take place right before the events of CE, and the events of Halo 3.
Surely that's not right?

Then there's how the Autumn isn't on Reach when the Covenant first attack, like it is in the game.
Although I know the game did rewrite parts of the battle of Reach.
ive just finished reading it and there are several things which don't match up with the games.
i understand that the game Reach came out after the book, but there's still things which don't line up with other parts of the Halo universe.
Shes very much alive in Halo 5, and in CE there's no mention of any other spartans than John being aboard the Autumn.
I know the year wasn't mentioned in CE, but there's a 10 year gap between FoR, which is supposed to take place right before the events of CE, and the events of Halo 3.
Surely that's not right?
Then there's how the Autumn isn't on Reach when the Covenant first attack, like it is in the game.
Old but Important Video..
It doesn't fill all the plot holes but it will help make the connections between FoR and Halo Reach make sense.
Also, you may want to read The Flood and First Strike which follow up the events FoR and CE.
Surely that's not right?
Old but Important Video..
It doesn't fill all the plot holes but it will help make the connections between FoR and Halo Reach make sense.
Also, you may want to read The Flood and First Strike which follow up the events FoR and CE.
I've got those two books, which I'm going to read next.
Thanks for the video link.
One more thing.
In the book(FoR), the year is stated as 2542, not 2552.
Original error or reprint error?
One more thing.
Both. A long time ago it was written as 2542. But it was a typo fixed in later revisions of FoR.

But then when making the first definitive edition. The error returned. But was then fixed in later revisions of the definitive edition.
CIA391 wrote:
One more thing.
Both. A long time ago it was written as 2542. But it was a typo fixed in later revisions of FoR.

But then when making the first definitive edition. The error returned. But was then fixed in later revisions of the definitive edition.
That is an example of a lack of communication lol
CIA391 wrote:
I love Bees
i wanted to point out this funny quote but also the fact that at the very end of halo reach with the monologue of halsey, that it shows (just as a background)
reaches recolonization in 2589(i could be wrong about the time)
Daklr5279 wrote:
CIA391 wrote:
I love Bees
i wanted to point out this funny quote but also the fact that at the very end of halo reach with the monologue of halsey, that it shows (just as a background)
reaches recolonization in 2589(i could be wrong about the time)
This specific thread is made to be easier on users. So only 1 swap is in this entire thread. And that is the Halo 2/Halo 3: ODST disk swap.

While yes you are correct the epilogue would be far out. It stays with the rest of the game just so it doesnt cause confusion.
Freaking love this. I haven't been this active with Halo before. I played it with my cousin here and there when we were younger and didn't have any priorities in life other than pass grade school lol. I literally just bought an XBox 1S not even 2 months ago and already have all the HALO games (Yes even backwards) and was looking for a canon order to play it. I just got the two assaults and wars on my computer. as soon as wars 2 gets a discount ill be buying that as well. Either way being a legit fan of halo now i do truly appreciate the time and effort you put into this CIA and i can guarantee you if i have any canon questions or lore questions ill be sending them your way. Is there a certain message webpage you want me to use in order to send you my questions if i have them?
Thanks,
CousinAntwan364
CIA391 wrote:
BooksHalo: Fractures *This is a collection of stories ranging throughout the Halo storyHalo: Cryptum
Halo: Primordium
Halo: Silentium
Halo: Evolutions *This is a collection of stories ranging throughout the Halo storyHalo: Fractures Extraordinary tales from the Halo Canon *This is a collection of stories ranging throughout the Halo storyHalo: The Fall of Reach
Halo: Contact Harvest *Happens midway in the fall of reach bookHalo: Cole Protocol *Happens midway in the fall of reach bookHalo: The Flood
Halo: First Strike
Halo: Ghosts of Onyx *Events in this book also happens concurrently during the fall of reach book.Halo: Broken Circle *Events in this book also happen before the fall of reach bookHalo: Glasslands
Halo: Shadow of Intent
Halo: Thursday War
Halo: Mortal Dictata
Halo: Last Light
Halo: Retribution
Halo: Hunters in the Dark
Halo: New Blood
Halo: Smoke and Shadow
Halo: Saints Testimony
Halo: Envoy
Is it safe to assume this is concurrent with the chronological time line of the Halo world?
Been using this list for a while, it's just what I need when going through the plethora of Halo media available. Thank you for updating it!
CIA391 wrote:
Games, Books, Graphic Novels, shows, and Marketing Audio DramasHalo: Fractures *This is a collection of stories ranging throughout the Halo storyHalo: Cryptum
Halo: Evolutions *This is a collection of stories ranging throughout the Halo storyHalo: Fractures Extraordinary tales from the Halo Canon *This is a collection of stories ranging throughout the Halo storyHalo Graphic Novel *This is a collection of stories ranging throughout the Halo StoryHalo Legends *This is a collection of stories ranging throughout the Halo StoryThe book Halo: The Fall of Reach or the Graphic novels The Fall of Reach or the Animation The fall of reach
Halo: Contact Harvest *Happens midway in the fall of reach bookHalo: Forward Unto Dawn *Happens midway in the fall of reach bookHalo Wars *Happens midway in the fall of reach bookHalo: Cole Protocol *Happens midway in the fall of reach bookHalo: Helljumper *Happens midway in the fall of reach bookHalo Reach *Happens during the final half of the book the fall of reachHalo: Bloodline
The game Halo Combat Evolved/Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary, or The book Halo: The Flood
I love Bees
Halo 2/Halo 2 Anniversary and finish the metropolis level.
Halo 3:ODST but dont watch the Epilogue
Halo 2/Halo 2 Anniversary finish the game
Halo 3: ODST Epilogue
Halo: Ghosts of Onyx *Events in this book also happens concurrently during the fall of reach book.Halo: Uprising
Halo 3
Halo: Broken Circle *Events in this book also happen before the fall of reach bookHalo: Initiation
Halo: Glasslands
Halo: Nightfall
Halo 4
Halo Spartan Assault
Halo Spartan Strike
Halo 4 Spartan Ops
Halo: Escalation
Hunt the Truth
Halo 5: Guardians
Halo Wars 2
What is different about Halo: Fractures and Halo: Fractures Extraordinary tales from the Halo Canon?
CIA391 wrote:
Games, Books, Graphic Novels, shows, and Marketing Audio DramasHalo: Fractures *This is a collection of stories ranging throughout the Halo storyHalo: Cryptum
Halo: Evolutions *This is a collection of stories ranging throughout the Halo storyHalo: Fractures Extraordinary tales from the Halo Canon *This is a collection of stories ranging throughout the Halo storyHalo Graphic Novel *This is a collection of stories ranging throughout the Halo StoryHalo Legends *This is a collection of stories ranging throughout the Halo StoryThe book Halo: The Fall of Reach or the Graphic novels The Fall of Reach or the Animation The fall of reach
Halo: Contact Harvest *Happens midway in the fall of reach bookHalo: Forward Unto Dawn *Happens midway in the fall of reach bookHalo Wars *Happens midway in the fall of reach bookHalo: Cole Protocol *Happens midway in the fall of reach bookHalo: Helljumper *Happens midway in the fall of reach bookHalo Reach *Happens during the final half of the book the fall of reachHalo: Bloodline
The game Halo Combat Evolved/Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary, or The book Halo: The Flood
I love Bees
Halo 2/Halo 2 Anniversary and finish the metropolis level.
Halo 3:ODST but dont watch the Epilogue
Halo 2/Halo 2 Anniversary finish the game
Halo 3: ODST Epilogue
Halo: Ghosts of Onyx *Events in this book also happens concurrently during the fall of reach book.Halo: Uprising
Halo 3
Halo: Broken Circle *Events in this book also happen before the fall of reach bookHalo: Initiation
Halo: Glasslands
Halo: Nightfall
Halo 4
Halo Spartan Assault
Halo Spartan Strike
Halo 4 Spartan Ops
Halo: Escalation
Hunt the Truth
Halo 5: Guardians
Halo Wars 2
What is different about Halo: Fractures and Halo: Fractures Extraordinary tales from the Halo Canon?
They are the same thing. :)
Could you add the Halsey Journal from Halo: Reach special editions to your list?

Great list btw!
Could you add the Halsey Journal from Halo: Reach special editions to your list?

Great list btw!
Halseys Journal is counted under exclusive content, as in limited edition stuff. Unless 343i release it in a blog or something it will remain off this list for that reason.

Dont wanna list something that can be missed due to a player missing it completely by accident.
CIA391 wrote:

Great list btw!
Halseys Journal is counted under exclusive content, as in limited edition stuff. Unless 343i release it in a blog or something it will remain off this list for that reason.

Dont wanna list something that can be missed due to a player missing it completely by accident.
I think Halopedia has a transcript somewhere. Does that count?
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
CIA391 wrote:

Great list btw!

Halopedia only has the extra materials, and the missing pages.

I could however put in Halo Genesis cause 343i released it.
CIA391 wrote:
CIA391 wrote:

Great list btw!

Halopedia only has the extra materials, and the missing pages.

I could however put in Halo Genesis cause 343i released it.
Fair enough.
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
Is this still being updated as I noticed that rise of atriox is absent from the list, thanks
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4