OP CIA391

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
CIA391 wrote:
Games, Books, Graphic Novels, shows, and Marketing Audio DramasHalo: Fractures Extraordinary tales from the Halo Canon *This is a collection of stories ranging throughout the Halo storyHalo: Cryptum
Halo: Primordium
Halo: Silentium
Halo: Evolutions *This is a collection of stories ranging throughout the Halo storyHalo Graphic Novel *This is a collection of stories ranging throughout the Halo StoryHalo Legends *This is a collection of stories ranging throughout the Halo StoryThe book Halo: The Fall of Reach or the Graphic novels The Fall of Reach or the Animation The fall of reach
Halo: Contact Harvest *Happens midway in the fall of reach bookHalo: Forward Unto Dawn *Happens midway in the fall of reach bookHalo Wars *Happens midway in the fall of reach bookHalo: Cole Protocol *Happens midway in the fall of reach bookHalo: Tales from Slipspace *This is a collection of stories ranging throughout the Halo StoryHalo: Helljumper *Happens midway in the fall of reach bookHalo Reach *Happens during the final half of the book the fall of reachHalo: Bloodline
The game Halo Combat Evolved/Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary, or The book Halo: The Flood
Halo: First Strike
I love Bees
Halo 2/Halo 2 Anniversary and finish the metropolis level.
Halo 3:ODST but dont watch the Epilogue
Halo 2/Halo 2 Anniversary finish the game
Halo 3: ODST Epilogue
Halo: Ghosts of Onyx *Events in this book also happens concurrently during the fall of reach book.Halo: Uprising
Halo 3
Halo: Broken Circle *Events in this book also happen before the fall of reach bookHalo: Initiation
Halo: Glasslands
Halo: Shadow of Intent
Halo: Thursday War
Halo: Mortal Dictata
Halo: Last Light
Halo: Retribution
Halo: Hunters in the Dark
Halo: New Blood
Halo: Nightfall
Halo: Smoke and Shadow
Halo 4
Halo Spartan Assault
Halo Spartan Strike
Halo: Saints Testimony
Halo 4 Spartan Ops
Halo: Envoy
Halo: Escalation
Hunt the Truth
Halo 5: Guardians
Halo Wars 2
Thank you! I plan on reading all the books in the right order and this has helped based on when they come in with the games and everything else! Thanks so much
I am currently reading Silent storm, I am just wondering if this fits in with Eric Nylands books or if this is a rewrite in the story line. They already know what Brutes are in this book. On the First strike story line they are just seeing them for the first time.
IIRC this was retconned.

First Strike is full of inaccuracies in this regard as many things (such as the appearance of San'Shyuum, descriptions of covnenant capital ships) hadn't been determined when the book was written.
Thank you for all the tireless work you must have put in to get such a precise list together and for braking in down in separate stages depending on if you want to go through just the books or what have you. That being said I noticed the list hadn’t been updated in a while and was wondering if you had an updated version somewhere?
This hasn't really been updated lately. I hope the mods are ok with me bringing a very old post back from the dead. But many people are starting to ask about the lore's official order. So, I'll update with the recent book editions and Halo: Infinite.

Halo: Fractures Extraordinary tales from the Halo Canon *This is a collection of stories ranging throughout the Halo story
Halo: Cryptum
Halo: Evolutions *This is a collection of stories ranging throughout the Halo story
Halo Graphic Novel *This is a collection of stories ranging throughout the Halo Story
Halo Legends *This is a collection of stories ranging throughout the Halo Story
The book Halo: The Fall of Reach or the Graphic novels The Fall of Reach or the Animation The fall of reach
Halo: Contact Harvest *Happens midway in the fall of reach book
Halo: Forward Unto Dawn *Happens midway in the fall of reach book
Halo: Silent Storm
Halo: Oblivion
Halo Wars *Happens midway in the fall of reach book
Halo: Cole Protocol *Happens midway in the fall of reach book
Halo: Tales from Slipspace *This is a collection of stories ranging throughout the Halo Story
Halo: Helljumper *Happens midway in the fall of reach book
Halo Reach *Happens during the final half of the book the fall of reach
Halo: Bloodline
The game Halo Combat Evolved/Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary, or The book Halo: The Flood
I love Bees
Halo 3: ODST Sadie's Audio Logs *Audiophile Achievement. Occurs during Halo 2's Earth Missions.
Halo 3:ODST but dont watch the Epilogue
Halo: Ghosts of Onyx *Events in this book also happens concurrently during the fall of reach book.
Halo: Uprising
Halo 3
Halo: Broken Circle *Events in this book also happen before the fall of reach book
Halo: Initiation
Halo 4
Halo Spartan Assault
Halo Spartan Strike
Halo 4 Spartan Ops
Hunt the Truth
Halo Wars 2
Halo: Point of Light *Sequel to Halo: Renegades (Unreleased as of this writing)
Halo: Shadows of Reach
Halo: Infinite (Possibly takes place during or immediately following Halo: Shadows of Reach)
This hasn't really been updated lately. I hope the mods are ok with me bringing a very old post back from the dead. But many people are starting to ask about the lore's official order. So, I'll update with the recent book editions and Halo: Infinite.

Halo: Fractures Extraordinary tales from the Halo Canon *This is a collection of stories ranging throughout the Halo storyHalo: Cryptum
Halo: Evolutions *This is a collection of stories ranging throughout the Halo storyHalo Graphic Novel *This is a collection of stories ranging throughout the Halo StoryHalo Legends *This is a collection of stories ranging throughout the Halo StoryThe book Halo: The Fall of Reach or the Graphic novels The Fall of Reach or the Animation The fall of reach
Halo: Contact Harvest *Happens midway in the fall of reach bookHalo: First Strike
Halo: Forward Unto Dawn *Happens midway in the fall of reach bookHalo: Oblivion
Halo Wars *Happens midway in the fall of reach bookHalo: Cole Protocol *Happens midway in the fall of reach bookHalo: Tales from Slipspace *This is a collection of stories ranging throughout the Halo StoryHalo: Helljumper *Happens midway in the fall of reach bookHalo Reach *Happens during the final half of the book the fall of reachHalo: Bloodline
I love Bees
Halo 3: ODST Sadie's Audio Logs *Audiophile Achievement. Occurs during Halo 2's Earth Missions.Halo 3:ODST but dont watch the Epilogue
Halo: Ghosts of Onyx *Events in this book also happens concurrently during the fall of reach book.Halo: Uprising
Halo 3
Halo: Broken Circle *Events in this book also happen before the fall of reach bookHalo: Initiation
Halo 4
Halo Spartan Assault
Halo Spartan Strike
Halo 4 Spartan Ops
Hunt the Truth
Halo Wars 2
Halo: Point of Light *Sequel to Halo: Renegades (Unreleased as of this writing)Halo: Shadows of Reach
Halo: Infinite (Possibly takes place during or immediately following Halo: Shadows of Reach)
Ironically you included the appendage saying that Point of light is the Sequal to Halo Renegades, but did not include that book within the list.
Soulbouned wrote:

Halo: Fractures Extraordinary tales from the Halo Canon *This is a collection of stories ranging throughout the Halo storyHalo: Cryptum
Halo: Contact Harvest *Happens midway in the fall of reach bookHalo: First Strike
Halo: Forward Unto Dawn *Happens midway in the fall of reach bookHalo: Oblivion
Halo Wars *Happens midway in the fall of reach bookHalo: Cole Protocol *Happens midway in the fall of reach bookHalo: Tales from Slipspace *This is a collection of stories ranging throughout the Halo StoryHalo: Helljumper *Happens midway in the fall of reach bookHalo Reach *Happens during the final half of the book the fall of reachHalo: Bloodline
I love Bees
Halo 3: ODST Sadie's Audio Logs *Audiophile Achievement. Occurs during Halo 2's Earth Missions.Halo 3:ODST but dont watch the Epilogue
Halo 3
Halo 4
Halo Spartan Assault
Halo Spartan Strike
Halo 4 Spartan Ops
Hunt the Truth
Halo Wars 2
Halo: Point of Light *Sequel to Halo: Renegades (Unreleased as of this writing)Halo: Shadows of Reach
Ironically you included the appendage saying that Point of light is the Sequal to Halo Renegades, but did not include that book within the list.
Halo: Point of Light can be found at the end before Halo: Infinite. I did include it. While it is a sequel, it takes place immediately before Halo: Infinite's believed timeline. The time period can be found in the book's announcement thread here on Halo Waypoint.

Look after Halo Wars 2 and before Halo Infinite.
Can you post the updated Books ONLY list :) Thanks!
Us on Halopedia (as since 2015 I became a admin there) are actually working on a way to make that info way more accessible! :D Tis a big undertaking however as these lists in the form they are in are not particularly the best way to do it anymore as the lore has evolved since 2015.
CIA391 wrote:
Us on Halopedia (as since 2015 I became a admin there) are actually working on a way to make that info way more accessible! :D Tis a big undertaking however as these lists in the form they are in are not particularly the best way to do it anymore as the lore has evolved since 2015.
Just wanted to say that it's greatly appreciated the work you and the staff at Halopedia do. It's a wealth of information that can be invaluable at times.
Updated List:

Added:
Halo: Oblivion, Halo: Point of Light, Halo: Silent Storm, and Halo: Shadows of Reach

Books
Halo: Fractures Extraordinary tales from the Halo Canon *This is a collection of stories ranging throughout the Halo story
Halo: Cryptum
Halo: Evolutions *This is a collection of stories ranging throughout the Halo story
Halo: The Fall of Reach
Halo: Contact Harvest *Happens midway in the fall of reach book
Halo: Silent Storm
Halo: Cole Protocol *Happens midway in the fall of reach book
Halo: The Flood
Halo: Ghosts of Onyx *Events in this book also happens concurrently during the fall of reach book.
Halo: Broken Circle *Events in this book also happen before the fall of reach book
Halo: Point of Light *Unreleased as of this writing. Dates taken from Halo Waypoint Announcement thread
Halo: Shadows of Reach *Takes place during or immediately before Halo: Infinite
Updated List:

Added:Halo: Oblivion, Halo: Point of Light, and Halo: Shadows of ReachBooksHalo: Fractures Extraordinary tales from the Halo Canon *This is a collection of stories ranging throughout the Halo storyHalo: Cryptum
Halo: Evolutions *This is a collection of stories ranging throughout the Halo storyHalo: The Fall of Reach
Halo: Contact Harvest *Happens midway in the fall of reach bookHalo: Oblivion
Halo: Cole Protocol *Happens midway in the fall of reach bookHalo: The Flood
Halo: Ghosts of Onyx *Events in this book also happens concurrently during the fall of reach book.Halo: Broken Circle *Events in this book also happen before the fall of reach bookHalo: Glasslands
Halo: Point of Light *Unreleased as of this writing. Dates taken from Halo Waypoint Announcement threadHalo: Shadows of Reach *Takes place during or immediately before Halo: Infinite
What about Silent Storm?
Updated List:

Added:Halo: Oblivion, Halo: Point of Light, and Halo: Shadows of ReachBooksHalo: Fractures Extraordinary tales from the Halo Canon *This is a collection of stories ranging throughout the Halo storyHalo: Cryptum
Halo: Evolutions *This is a collection of stories ranging throughout the Halo storyHalo: The Fall of Reach
Halo: Contact Harvest *Happens midway in the fall of reach bookHalo: Oblivion
Halo: Cole Protocol *Happens midway in the fall of reach bookHalo: The Flood
Halo: Ghosts of Onyx *Events in this book also happens concurrently during the fall of reach book.Halo: Broken Circle *Events in this book also happen before the fall of reach bookHalo: Glasslands
Halo: Point of Light *Unreleased as of this writing. Dates taken from Halo Waypoint Announcement threadHalo: Shadows of Reach *Takes place during or immediately before Halo: Infinite
What about Silent Storm?
Funny. I completely missed that book in both lists. I added it just now. Thanks for the note. The lore is so large it's hard to list every single book, movie, game, etc in order. Like CIA says, it is a huge undertaking. I hope the team at HaloPedia does well! They do such an amazing job trying to maintain the lore and such.
What exactly do you mean "updated" they add more to it or something?

Halo: Forward Unto Dawn *Happens midway in the fall of reach bookHalo: Silent Storm
I love Bees
Halo 3
Halo 4
Halo Spartan Assault
Halo Spartan Strike
Halo 4 Spartan Ops
Hunt the Truth
Halo Wars 2

Halo: Forward Unto Dawn *Happens midway in the fall of reach bookHalo: Silent Storm
I love Bees
Halo 3
Halo 4
Halo Spartan Assault
Halo Spartan Strike
Halo 4 Spartan Ops
Hunt the Truth
Halo Wars 2
Ahh yes, I remember this... I need to take some time but I'll see If I can add in all the Halo Poems into the timeline when there written as most of them do have dates and are written between Reach- and Halo 4
Hello I was wonder does anyone have an up to date list of the order of books as of June 15th 2021.
Pilot2026 wrote:
Hello I was wonder does anyone have an up to date list of the order of books as of June 15th 2021.
At the top of this thread yes, it is updated as far as I am aware.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4