3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 192
It's the 11th. Discuss escalation!
Quote:
It's the 11th. Discuss initiation!
Don't you mean discussion initiation? :P

Hell, why not initiation of discussion? Puns!
Escalation.

Wow, the arbiter's new look! It's cool. He's on the looks side. I like the story. I like how it was invasion at the beginning. Palmer saves Lasky. I hope ONI doesn't get portrayed as this evil organization and all that... I want ONI to show how they are needed and useful. Being on board infinity seems so great.
Quote:
Escalation.
I know, I was just making puns out of your typo.

Quote:
Wow, the arbiter's new look! It's cool. He's on the looks side.
I'm probably not going to get Escalation til all the issues are out and together in a hardcover version but I don't care about spoilers. So is there a picture of his new look I can see?
Quote:
Escalation.

Wow, the arbiter's new look! It's cool. He's on the looks side. I like the story. I like how it was invasion at the beginning. Palmer saves Lasky. I hope ONI doesn't get portrayed as this evil organization and all that... I want ONI to show how they are needed and useful. Being on board infinity seems so great.
Damn, 343i managed to pull him off with the new Halo 4 elite look? Not saying they couldn't do it, but I was concerned. :P

EDIT: Oh snap... 343i aimed to please for sure. My only dislike is the head crest
New look
Quote:
Quote:
Escalation.

Damn, 343i managed to pull him off with the new Halo 4 elite look? Not saying they couldn't do it, but I was concerned. :P

EDIT: Oh snap... 343i aimed to please for sure. My only dislike is the head crest
New look
I'm confused as to why his skin is like that. I thought the elites in Halo 4 were like that only because they were from Hesduros, but Thel is not!

But expect for that I really like it! They did a great job. Confused about his skin and why his left arm is not armored though. Looks like its more ceremonial armor rather than combat.
Quote:
Quote:
Escalation.

New look
My firsts reactions to this new look as a person who isn't going to be able to read the comic are positive.

They've taken into account the classic look and made an evolution of his original armor which is good to see and the result is a Sangheili god.

The Arbiter looking like a god makes me optimistic about how Sangheilios is doing.

However seeing that he is going to be taking on same gruesome look that Storm Elites had in Halo 4 disappoints me. But hey you can't have everything.

The red eyes and lightning worry me about how he's going to be portrayed but this only a first impression on a picture and I'll be following this thread closely to learn more.

Finally something that really excites me is the new look for the Ascetic armor. Absolutely wonderful. They've put more of that alien samurai look that we just love into the new design.
I really like the Arbiter's new look, though it does look like simple ceremonial armor. It also looks like Osman was after Lasky, but Palmer managed to save, which was pretty predictable given the events of Spartan Ops. It was nice to Hood again as well.
Holy sh... Arby looks absolutely gorgeous! Love his new armour, the new looks works beautifully and the caption gives me hope for the future of the Sangheili: "The Arbiter. Maybe more than any other figure, a symbol of what the galaxy could one day become."

Dat cloak... dat headdress... dat golden plating... Reminds me a bit of the concept Arbiter Knight armour from Halo Wars.

Schlerf, Y U LEAVE?!
The Arbiter looks AWESOME!!

Here's hoping he sounds like Keith David still if he's ever in a game. :P

I will see if the mall's comic store has it today. Can't wait!
After giving him such an awesome new look....I hope they don't portray Arby like a pansy in his actions and words.
If he's to be involved in combat, then I hope that him and the Brute Chietain to fight like complete grade-A badasses and possibly even outshine Palmer
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Escalation.

New look
I'm confused as to why his skin is like that. I thought the elites in Halo 4 were like that only because they were from Hesduros, but Thel is not!

But expect for that I really like it! They did a great job. Confused about his skin and why his left arm is not armored though. Looks like its more ceremonial armor rather than combat.
It's especially weird since I believe it was mentioned that those of the Vadam line had very dark skin.

Wait a minute, is that an Ascetic with him? :D
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Escalation.

New look

It's especially weird since I believe it was mentioned that those of the Vadam line had very dark skin.

Wait a minute, is that an Ascetic with him? :D
Looks like it to me.
Is that a hunter behind him?
Can anyone post a few pics from the issue?
Arbiter looks awesome! But what about brutes, are they in the comic too?
Quote:
Can anyone post a few pics from the issue?
Bad -Yoink- of the year.
Just picked up the issue, and the first thing that stands out is how bad--Yoink- the Arbiter looks. He looks like a beast, and I really hope we get to see him (and his new armor) in future games.

For a full review:

I loved this issue over all, and I look forward to future issues. Chris Schlerf has proven himself a capable writer (in my eyes), though future issues will decide if how capable he truly is.

- War Games Announcer and the Spartans playing "Invasion". A nice nod to Halo Reach, and perhaps a hint at the gametype's return in the future?
- Loved seeing the new War Council and the return of Admiral Hood. Hood seems much more in line with his game character here than in the Kilo-5 books (at least Thursday War).
- I found the inquiry concerning Halsey at the beginning a little weird. Both Palmer and Lasky likely would have filed official reports before this debriefing, so where would Osman get the idea that Lasky had disobeyed orders? She even has something that looks like an official field report in front of her, so the inquiry makes little sense. I guess it could be argued its to resolve the situation from the end of Spartan Ops, but it feel weird, in-universe.
- Speaking of Halsey, I still don't really like Hood being okay with her imprisonment, but I can somewhat understand it.
- Peace talks between the Jiralhanae and Sangheili is an interesting way to start Escalation. Hood talks about the need for peace, noting that the Jiralhanae will eventually start fighting with each other. This was a nice nod to The Return short story.
- Again, the Arbiter looks amazing! It was also nice to see some of the Halo 3 Sangheili armor permutations.
- Palmer is dual wielding pistols again. I wish we could stop this. It's pointless, and she even had a DMR on her back. The pistol is supposed to be a support weapon.

Art wise, the comic looks pretty good. Still, I find that many characters often look anorexic or way too thin. I'm also not a fan of characters seemingly talking through their teeth. There are literally 3 instances where characters talking actually having their mouths open. Otherwise, it's just open lips and teeth. It's quite bothersome, to me.

Over all, this first issue is 8.5/10. I have minor grips, but it looks like a good start to what could be something amazing!

EDIT: Forgot to say, Palmer was more of a character in this than in all 3 issues of Halo Initiation. That's not to say she had any real character development in this issue, but she feels like a real character here, not a talking piece of cardboard.
Quote:
- Speaking of Halsey, I still don't really like Hood being okay with her imprisonment, but I can somewhat understand it.
I personally think that this is more down to Hood not being able to do anything about it than him being 'okay' with what's going on. Were his fortunes different, I'm sure he'd never have stood for the flak Halsey got.
Quote:
Quote:
I personally think that this is more down to Hood not being able to do anything about it than him being 'okay' with what's going on. Were his fortunes different, I'm sure he'd never have stood for the flak Halsey got.
The Thursday War heavily implies that the knows about Halsey's imprisonment and how she is being treated. The comic shows that he knows, to some degree, that Osman ordered Halsey killed.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 192