2. ...
  3. 176
  4. 177
  5. 178
  6. 179
  7. 180
  8. ...
  9. 192
Worse one yet. 343 really hitting up the diversity level yet it only with African Americans. Why can't we get some Mexican or Asian Spartans? Diversity is not diversity if there really is no deversity. Again were are the Mexican and Asain Spartans at?
This ignores the existence of Hideo Wakahisa and Tashi (Japanese); Yeong-Hao Holst (Korean-Scandinavian); To (pan-Asian); Naiya Ray (Arabic given name, possibly Indian surname); Hong (Chinese); and Gustavo Eposito and Casillas (Hispanic, though not necessarily Latino).

EDIT: I can't believe I forgot Kojo Agu (West African).
This ignores the existence of Hideo Wakahisa and Tashi (Japanese); Yeong-Hao Holst (Korean-Scandinavian); To (pan-Asian); Naiya Ray (Arabic given name, possibly Indian surname); Hong (Chinese); and Gustavo Eposito and Casillas (Hispanic, though not necessarily Latino).
I only have one gif to express my feelings about what you just said.
I'm okay with there being more African American characters just like to see more of other races to and not just in minor roles. I all so like what the other guy said a page before about everyone sounding American in the game. Reach really did a good job with voices. Spartan Tedra Grant is the only one I can think of that sounded different in the game.
I never pay attention to the races of characters in relation to the story. Sure I acknowledge her being black / Asian, but my opinion of the issue and the character of Holly Tanaka would not have changed if her race was any different. (BTW she is awesome.)
I like that she's an engineer, hoping borderline machinist lol cus I'm one. Smart and aggressive, no fear. Let's see how her story pans out.
It's pretty cool to see H2A era ODST armor and the Reach-era Army BDUs back. Some of my favorite designs right there.
So is Tanaka Marines or Army. Halopedia states she is army, But when Halo Canon did his review, he stated she Was a marine.

We know the Reach style BDU's was not only used by the Army, but also the Air Force (Tip of the Spear and Long Night of Solace levels), Marines (Pillar of Autumn and all of Halo: CEA) and ODSTs (Halo Reach and CEA firefight). The reason why the BDU was dubbed the Universal BDU.

One reason I can see why she was called a Marine by halo canon host is that she is dubbed in the Traditional Olive Green popular with the marines, but in the already released cover of Volume 18, she is changing a Jackel with a DMR. Which is used by the Army still, but also Marine Reserves

So I would like to get your thoughts on this.
It's pretty cool to see H2A era ODST armor and the Reach-era Army BDUs back. Some of my favorite designs right there.
So is Tanaka Marines or Army. Halopedia states she is army, But when Halo Canon did his review, he stated she Was a marine.

We know the Reach style BDU's was not only used by the Army, but also the Air Force (Tip of the Spear and Long Night of Solace levels), Marines (Pillar of Autumn and all of Halo: CEA) and ODSTs (Halo Reach and CEA firefight). The reason why the BDU was dubbed the Universal BDU.

One reason I can see why she was called a Marine by halo canon host is that she is dubbed in the Traditional Olive Green popular with the marines, but in the already released cover of Volume 18, she is changing a Jackel with a DMR. Which is used by the Army still, but also Marine Reserves

She army. Even say so in that issue.
Sorry, I didn't get it, I'm Helping out with this mod Operation: Trebuchet and trying to get all the camo patterns the branches use with the Mutli-branch BDU
Sorry, I didn't get it, I'm Helping out with this mod Operation: Trebuchet and trying to get all the camo patterns the branches use with the Mutli-branch BDU
That sweet.

In addition, the Army in Halo Reach usually wore olive or light brown fatigues with light brown armor, while the Marines wore gray fatigues with dark brown armor.
In addition, the Army in Halo Reach usually wore olive or light brown fatigues with light brown armor, while the Marines wore gray fatigues with dark brown armor.
Actually if you go to

http://www.reddit.com/r/OperationTrebuchet/comments/32k8bf/updated_catalog_of_camouflages_from_halo_reach/

I post every single camouflage pattern that shows up in halo Reach and halo CEA
Actually if you go to

http://www.reddit.com/r/OperationTrebuchet/comments/32k8bf/updated_catalog_of_camouflages_from_halo_reach/

Basically the end point turned into this

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?190567-Operation-Trebuchet-Total-conversion-mod-for-Arma-3&p=2926837&viewfull=1#post2926837

Just click the spoiler tab
Actually if you go to

Yeah, that's basically what I said. The Army typically wore olive or light brown fatigues with light brown armor (except for some special soldiers, who had green), and the Marines had gray fatigues with dark brown armor.

You can't really point towards Halo CEA as a solid source for Marine BDUs, considering how many corners were cut when it came to visual assets. Just like how the MA5C and M6G models were simply ported over as stand ins for the MA5B and M6D, it's likely that the team, for one reason or another, simply ported over the Army soldier models. Perhaps, since no "normal" Marine BDU existed (the Marines in Reach wore a vacuum sealed variant, judging from the sealed helmet and collar), it was easier to use the Army BDU, which possibly had a "base" variant available, given the large amount of variants seen in Reach. Hell, if you compare their coloration, the BDU seen in CEA seems to be half way between the Army BDU and the Air Force BDU from Reach.

I imagine most people know that the BDU seen in Halo Reach is clearly meant to be a re-imagining of the original Marine BDU in Halo CE, so the fact that the Marines in CEA do not have the classic coloration further points to this being an error. This goes even further when you consider that the Marines in Reach wore a unique shoulder configuration, while in CEA, this is nowhere to be seen. Considering that these Marines did not appear in the game until the player neared the Autumn, I think it's relatively safe to say that these Marines came from the Autumn, so there's no reason why we wouldn't see this BDU in CEA.
Grizzlei wrote:
Worse one yet. 343 really hitting up the diversity level yet it only with African Americans. Why can't we get some Mexican or Asian Spartans? Diversity is not diversity if there really is no deversity. Again were are the Mexican and Asain Spartans at?
Black people are some of the most poorly represented people in video games today. That goes double for Black women. Holly Tanaka is one of only two black Spartan women with the other being Margaret-053 from Black Team. I'm thrilled that they're getting some good, positive visibility in Halo. That being said, you're really not paying attention to even just the Halo comics and Spartans alone if you think that black people are the only ones benefitting from 343 Industries' push for racial diversity.
I would presume Tanaka has African Asian descent, given her father and Japanese surname?
She's mixed race, yeah. I love seeing other peeps like me. :)
I dont really think Margret is black,Cassandra and Olivia are however. There are a few examples of diversity among Spartans however: Naomi, Swedish decent, Adriana, Slavic, Jai, Hispanic(?), Fhajhad, Middle Eastern or Indian i always assumed.
Actually if you go to

Yeah, that's basically what I said. The Army typically wore olive or light brown fatigues with light brown armor (except for some special soldiers, who had green), and the Marines had gray fatigues with dark brown armor.

You can't really point towards Halo CEA as a solid source for Marine BDUs, considering how many corners were cut when it came to visual assets. Just like how the MA5C and M6G models were simply ported over as stand ins for the MA5B and M6D, it's likely that the team, for one reason or another, simply ported over the Army soldier models. Perhaps, since no "normal" Marine BDU existed (the Marines in Reach wore a vacuum sealed variant, judging from the sealed helmet and collar), it was easier to use the Army BDU, which possibly had a "base" variant available, given the large amount of variants seen in Reach. Hell, if you compare their coloration, the BDU seen in CEA seems to be half way between the Army BDU and the Air Force BDU from Reach.

I imagine most people know that the BDU seen in Halo Reach is clearly meant to be a re-imagining of the original Marine BDU in Halo CE, so the fact that the Marines in CEA do not have the classic coloration further points to this being an error. This goes even further when you consider that the Marines in Reach wore a unique shoulder configuration, while in CEA, this is nowhere to be seen. Considering that these Marines did not appear in the game until the player neared the Autumn, I think it's relatively safe to say that these Marines came from the Autumn, so there's no reason why we wouldn't see this BDU in CEA.
Well halopedia basically calls the BDU, the Multi-Branch BDU, for even the UNSC Airforce Wore them. (They were the pilots who assisted you in storming the covenant ship and flying the falcons
Actually if you go to

Well halopedia basically calls the BDU, the Multi-Branch BDU, for even the UNSC Airforce Wore them. (They were the pilots who assisted you in storming the covenant ship and flying the falcons
The BDU the Air Force wore is pretty different, even more so than the Marine BDU is from the Army one. Aside from the lack of armor in certain places, the fatigues are a pretty subdued shade of olive, and the armor is a pale white. And considering that the pilots were going to be... intimately involved in a combat scenario during Operation: UPPERCUT, I don't think Air Force personnel regularly wear that BDU. In fact, I believe there is a helmet in Halo: Reach named "Pilot", which according to Halopedia, at least, belongs to the UNSC Air Force.
Actually if you go to

The BDU the Air Force wore is pretty different, even more so than the Marine BDU is from the Army one. Aside from the lack of armor in certain places, the fatigues are a pretty subdued shade of olive, and the armor is a pale white. And considering that the pilots were going to be... intimately involved in a combat scenario during Operation: UPPERCUT, I don't think Air Force personnel regularly wear that BDU. In fact, I believe there is a helmet in Halo: Reach named "Pilot", which according to Halopedia, at least, belongs to the UNSC Air Force.
They also wore it in all the pelicans and Falcons in tip of the Spear, you go near the wrecks of several of the Falcons. They were wearing the multi-branch bdu. And it isn't that different. The chest guard and fatigues are the same across the board. Even the ODSTS wear the multi branch fatigues, chest piece with the ODST armor plate attached to it, And the same shin guards.

Go to http://theronnett.imgur.com

every one in reach wear the exact same fatigues and chest piece
Actually if you go to

They also wore it in all the pelicans and Falcons in tip of the Spear, you go near the wrecks of several of the Falcons. They were wearing the multi-branch bdu. And it isn't that different. The chest guard and fatigues are the same across the board. Even the ODSTS wear the multi branch fatigues, chest piece with the ODST armor plate attached to it, And the same shin guards.

Go to http://theronnett.imgur.com

every one in reach wear the exact same fatigues and chest piece
Likely recycled assets. Reach itself states that the Pilot helmet that the player can equip belongs to the Air Force, so unless the Falcon pilot of Tip of the Spear was planning on exitting along with Noble Five and Six to help them fight on the ground, there's no reason for the pilot to be wearing a more combat-orientated helmet. Just like how it's unlikely that the Marines at the end of Reach were canonically using MA37s over the standard MA5Bs, it is likely that canonically, the pilot would be wearing the typical pilot suit, which the Pilot helmet from Reach is a part of. This is supported further when you consider that every pilot in a mainstream Halo game has had a unique helmet, and in some cases, a completely unique outfit.

Halo CE

Halo 2

Halo 3
Halo 4

It's likely that after CE, Bungie didn't want to create a brand new uniform for extremely minor characters who would only make brief appearances, like they did with the Bumblebee pilot. This probably peaked in Halo: Reach, where the pilots basically wore the same thing every other soldier wore. 343, obviously, had no problem making a brand new uniform in Spartan Ops' cutscenes, since we only see the pilot's helmet for a split-second, yet they had the entire character designed, modeled and rendered.

And did I ever say they weren't? No, I said that the colorization and specific armor locations were.
Anyone see the preview for #18? It's good to see the traditional marine armour back on Tanaka! The art also looks highly improved!
yep... my interest in this side story is lukewarm cant say im hyped for new character with all the call backs of the originals. shall wait for the community feedback on the full release

http://13thdimension.com/exclusive-preview-halo-escalation-18/
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 176
  4. 177
  5. 178
  6. 179
  7. 180
  8. ...
  9. 192