4. 181
  5. 182
  6. 183
  7. 184
  8. ...
  9. 192
ROBERTO jh wrote:
dajhier1 wrote:
Not to Knock Tanaka but the entry level onto the S-IV candidates list seems Extremely low. Doing the job with forethought, diligence and a good word seems to be all it takes.
I'm guessing the first batch of Spartan IV's ( past Palmer's of course) this is all that was really required as they were just looking for fresh meat so to say and maybe later on the requirements to become a Spartan IV become more demanding once the number of recruits gets high enough.
Glad to see not all Spartans are meat-headed ground pounders or glamorous SpecOps shock troopers. Ray was from Signals and Tanaka is a combat engineer. I kinda like the versatility.
some what of Paradox seeing as most Modern Spec-ops teams are built on a foundation of skill specialization, this is nothing new. Example being Navy Seals NCDu inception was formed with engineers. Spartan Branch really does not seem that dissimilar to a modern day Commando contingent.

I have no Qualms about Tanaka. I don't know if its the writing but Becoming a spartan now real does not seem that special. One good word, a magic augment make over with no negative effect and shake... bake... Spartan. its beyond lackluster
Well that was sorta the whole point with the original Spartan III program, to make "a hundred thousand Spartans defending humanity." It makes sense for Spartans to become more and more the norm. In Halo 5 we have the old legends, Spartan II's, fighting the new guys. I have a feeling this relationship and what it means to be a Spartan will be a key focus of the story.
Think the answer is simple as the soldiers creed or warrior ethos but remixed for the purpose of humanity or UEG

I am a Spartan.
I am a Warrior and a member of a team.
I serve the people of the United Earth Government and live the UNSC Navy's Values.

I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.

I am disciplined, physically and mentally tough, trained and proficient in my warrior tasks and drills.
I always maintain my arms, my equipment and myself.
I am an expert and I am a professional.
I stand ready to deploy, engage, and destroy, the enemies of the UEG in close combat.
I am a guardian of freedom.
I am a Spartan.
So it looks like Locke's team is a bunch of "nice"/"good" characters. So far we see Buck?, Tanaka, Macer?, and Locke.

This team makes it hard to believe they are out to "kill" chief. Unless brainwashed with propaganda by ONI. I think Halo 5 will come with a lot of contemplation about whether or not Chief did what HunttheTruth said he did. Is he a traitor? What are his means? etc.

Buck (in Halo 3:ODST) shows a lot of resentment towards ONI, mocking it as a secret organization. He shows this in Halo3:ODST when talking to Dare.

Locke seems to be very ethical and humane. Although he is UNSC, he had compassion on the citizens and people of Sedra, especially their soldiers on alpha Halo.

Macer well she's an outer colonist. Just like most of the spartan IIs who were outer colonists. Which makes it cool as well that she may have got into the spartan program. Macer probably has some inner bad gut feelings about ONI and the UNSC just because shes an outer colonist from Sedra

Tanaka shows great compassion and will (as seen in Halo Escalations). Her planet is not an outer colony but she shows great team work (as we know so far). Her character still needs development as the rest of the Locke team.

In conclusion, what I am saying is, if you were to disregard the Master Chief and Locke trailers, I just can't see Locke wanting to kill chief. I think internally all of Locke's teams is just out to do something great. I am also seeing Palmer's character (I know maybe irrelevant to Locke and his team). I can see Locke's team actually more inclined to disobeying ONI in comparison to a S-II team. Why? Well, these are regular soldiers that have seen a lot and have not been brainwashed from a young age. Spartan IIs are created machines, tools of destruction for ONI. This is why we are seeing defected Spartan IVs (see Zane from escalations).

My predictions are that Locke's team will end up finding out the chief's intentions. Chief's intentions are beyond humanity, he is the culmination of Millenia of planning. He is the Librarians plan for humanities evolution. This is something bigger than ONI, and the insurrection. I believe Locke's team will join hand in hand with Chief and blue team probably close to the end of the campaign where they will fight this "new threat" that will challenge humanities reclamation.
Tanaka not being the red Spartan is the biggest plot-twist of 2015, if you ask me. Didn't see that coming at all.

Gotta wonder now, who's the red Spartan? Is the ODST still Buck, and if so what happened to Romeo?
More questions than answers with this Issue. I'm so confused now... :/
Caluben wrote:
Tanaka not being the red Spartan is the biggest plot-twist of 2015, if you ask me. Didn't see that coming at all.

Gotta wonder now, who's the red Spartan? Is the ODST still Buck, and if so what happened to Romeo?
It's Dare, LOL
After Tanaka who knows exactly...
Caluben wrote:

It's Dare
That would surprise me.
Ezekie1 wrote:
Really digging the artwork, this recent issue has come a long way from blob team.
The faces though... the faces!!!
That was a little lack luster.
My eyes rolled when I saw palmer. Intro was okay though 😔.
Five man team? Hmm we have Palmer, Thorne, Ray, probably Tanaka, and somebody else. That is my guess, anyway. xD
Boba772 wrote:
Five man team? Hmm we have Palmer, Thorne, Ray, probably Tanaka, and somebody else. That is my guess, anyway. xD
It's obviously Kilo-Five, duh. jk.
That old woman Admiral in the beginning? Is that our first canon Parangosky? Or am I just being hopeful.
Doubt it's Tanaka, but hey! It's pretty cool that there is that ONI Sangheili. I hope ONI rewards him well and takes good care of him. I don't want him to die.
What happened to the Song of Retribution? I swore that was Jul's capital ship.
erickyboo wrote:
Doubt it's Tanaka, but hey! It's pretty cool that there is that ONI Sangheili. I hope ONI rewards him well and takes good care of him. I don't want him to die.
'Sevi. Sevi in turkish means love. Sevi in Greek comes from Sebasti which is the female form of the word for respected. It's also a name. It also happens to be the name of an ex crush of mine.
Wait... I don't remember writing 'doubt it's tanaka'... I really don't remember writing that... Maybe I meant doubt it's Parangosky? That's odd... I don't remember that part...
ONI hires an elite? Well, I hear some dead on Reach turning in their graves, but screw any moral if it's for a higher cause, such as ONI's sole purpose: to save the human race... Oh, it's not: this is all about Halsey. That woman has her name on ONI's budget, for sure.

Nice how Osman says "obsession", a bit as if Halsey was mad.

Hope Palmer dies...
Will this finally lead to halo 5 or are we still drawing circles?
PIX24 wrote:
ONI hires an elite? Well, I hear some dead on Reach turning in their graves, but screw any moral if it's for a higher cause, such as ONI's sole purpose: to save the human race...
If they're going to graveturn over ONI hiring an elite to work against his own people, I bet they just LOVE the arbiter an his elites getting along with humanity.

Getting someone on the inside is like the most basic of functions of any spy organization.
PIX24 wrote:
ONI hires an elite? Well, I hear some dead on Reach turning in their graves, but screw any moral if it's for a higher cause, such as ONI's sole purpose: to save the human race... Oh, it's not: this is all about Halsey. That woman has her name on ONI's budget, for sure.

Nice how Osman says "obsession", a bit as if Halsey was mad.

Hope Palmer dies...
Will this finally lead to halo 5 or are we still drawing circles?
I bet they would also turn with a group of Elites and humans working together to stop the Halos from firing in 2555. Cooperation is such a bummer.
What happened to the Song of Retribution? I swore that was Jul's capital ship.
There are two Assault Carriers in 'Mdama's fleet. Song of Retribution and Breath of Annihilation. Its likely the infiltrator wasn't able to get onto 'Mdama's flagship, but was able to get to the fleet.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 180
  4. 181
  5. 182
  6. 183
  7. 184
  8. ...
  9. 192