2. ...
  3. 181
  4. 182
  5. 183
  6. 184
  7. 185
  8. ...
  9. 192
date is interesting its around the time HTT is suspected of starting.
PIX24 wrote:
ONI hires an elite? Well, I hear some dead on Reach turning in their graves, but screw any moral if it's for a higher cause, such as ONI's sole purpose: to save the human race...
If they're going to graveturn over ONI hiring an elite to work against his own people, I bet they just LOVE the arbiter an his elites getting along with humanity.

No doubt... He killed BILLIONS of humans. How to you forgive that?
If it were so easy.
RABIH117 wrote:
Chief's intentions are beyond humanity, he is the culmination of Millenia of planning. He is the Librarian's plan for humanity's evolution. This is something bigger than ONI, and the insurrection.
HALLELUJAH, FELLOW HALO FAN!
I agree with you wholeheartedly on that one fact. In the end, it was always on John, right from the beginning.
No power in the 'verse can stop him!
Nivloc55 wrote:
PIX24 wrote:
ONI hires an elite? Well, I hear some dead on Reach turning in their graves, but screw any moral if it's for a higher cause, such as ONI's sole purpose: to save the human race...
If they're going to graveturn over ONI hiring an elite to work against his own people, I bet they just LOVE the arbiter an his elites getting along with humanity.

If it were so easy.
Easy. You move on. You can never forget or necessarily forgive Thel for his actions during the war, but continuing to harbor a grudge that gets in the way of the goals for peace in the present will only result in more dead. Is that what you want?
Boba772 wrote:
Five man team? Hmm we have Palmer, Thorne, Ray, probably Tanaka, and somebody else. That is my guess, anyway. xD
ill raise you...

guessing: Romeo, Buck, Tanaka, [sigh] Thorne and Palmer...

🎶Outrageous guess: Romeo Dies
Palmer, Thorne, Tanaka, Ray and I don't know.
erickyboo wrote:
Palmer, Thorne, Tanaka, Ray and I don't know.
My guess it is Spartan Commander Sarah Palmer aided by Spartan Fireteam Osiris, after they relay their location, the UNSC Infinity sends reinforcements..
Palmer is an odd choice for Osman to make. While extremely capable in battle, inflitration is not something i'd associate with the commander. Plus at this point Osman should have every reason to doubt Palmers allegiances in regards to Halsey, as funny as that sounds to us. I kinda suspect that the admiral is making a play and 'Athena' is not the real plan at all.

As for the rest of the team, my money is on Tanaka and Vale (the red spartan in Locke's team) due to them needing a bit more fleshing out. Maybe Buck to re-introduce the man to those who haven't played ODST in a while and haven't read New Blood. Annnnnnd....someone. Locke himself perhaps? Would make sense for Osman to send a 'handler' she can somewhat trust.
Nivloc55 wrote:
PIX24 wrote:

If it were so easy.
Easy. You move on. You can never forget or necessarily forgive Thel for his actions during the war, but continuing to harbor a grudge that gets in the way of the goals for peace in the present will only result in more dead. Is that what you want?
My post was half quoted, and that half needs the other to be explained and is the less significant one.
Mine was a bias to ONI for forgetting their true purpose and being so focused on Halsey.
Those who worked for ONI at reach wouldn't love to call an elite colleague, but I did say I'm perfectly okay with hiring insiders in enemy faction, if this is for a good purpose (and maybe they would be too). Except killing Halsey is not.
Boba772 wrote:
Five man team? Hmm we have Palmer, Thorne, Ray, probably Tanaka, and somebody else. That is my guess, anyway. xD
ill raise you...

guessing: Romeo, Buck, Tanaka, [sigh] Thorne and Palmer...

🎶Outrageous guess: Romeo Dies
Three things.

First, yes. This would be amazing. Though I can't see Thorne being there and not Ray. Maybe Buck, Romeo, Thorne, Ray, and Palmer? Then Tanaka joins in soon after. (The description says something like an unexpected ally enters the fold or something.)

Two, why sigh? Was the sigh for Thorne or Tanaka? I personally really like both of those characters (especially Tanaka lol) so just curious.

Third, Romeo dying? That would be... well, interesting.
Thorne, Ray, Madsen, Hoya, Grant. Doesn't have to be any more complicated than that. Palmer's likely on the team, though, but I would suspect in a different role than we're used to after the last time we saw her.

So Madsen is the most likely out of Majestic to be put on shore leave given his behavior after DeMarco's death.

Unexpected ally is 'Sevi
ODST 5723 wrote:
Thorne, Ray, Madsen, Hoya, Grant. Doesn't have to be any more complicated than that. Palmer's likely on the team, though, but I would suspect in a different role than we're used to after the last time we saw her.
So Madsen is the most likely out of Majestic to be put on shore leave given his behavior after DeMarco's death.
Unexpected ally is 'Sevi
I believe the covers art and description depict, to some extent, the machinations within the comic issues...

Halo: Escalation Issue #19
    • Cover Art: Spartan Gabriel Thorne and Sangheili Ayit 'Sevi are seen fighting, perhaps due to their confrontation on Ven III.
    • Description: An unexpected ally joins a team of Spartans for a dangerous operation—a secret mission into a hidden Forerunner world where the mysterious site known as the Absolute Record awaits!
Halo: Escalation Issue #20
    • Cover Art: Spartan Commander Sarah Palmer and an unknown Sangheili Commander are seen fighting, Sarah Palmer is using a Z-090 Hardlight Shield to block the Sangheili Commander's Type-1 Energy Sword strike.
    • Description: Operation: ATHENA is underway and there is no turning back. Will Commander Palmer’s team survive the treacherous journey into an ancient vault of Forerunner secrets?
Halo: Escalation Issue #21
    • Cover Art: Spartan Holly Tanaka and numerous Sentinel Aggressors are seen fighting, Holly Tanaka is using a BR85HB Battle Rifle against Aggressor Sentinel Beams
    • Description: As Commander Palmer’s Spartan team battles toward the core of the Absolute Record, a powerful new combatant enters the fray! The next chapter of the Halo saga continues here in this epic six-part sequel to Spartan Ops and The Janus Key.
Halo: Escalation Issue #22
        • Cover Art: Spartan is seen assassinating a Kig-Yar Ibie'shan equipped with a Type-51 Covenant Carbine.
        • Description: On a hidden world, Spartan Commander Palmer and the fugitive Dr. Catherine Halsey go head to head for control over the ultimate trove of Forerunner secrets.
Halo: Escalation Issue #23 (TBA)
      • Cover Art:
      • Description:
Halo: Escalation Issue #24 (TBA)
      • Cover Art:
      • Description:
This is getting interesting once again. I like how the final chapter of this arc comes out after H5 so we will have that what the hell happened moment.
This is getting interesting once again. I like how the final chapter of this arc comes out after H5 so we will have that what the hell happened moment.
I'd assume it would be a finale finish with two issues, much like HunttheTruth.
  • Issue #19 - June 24th, 2015
  • Issue #20 - July 29th, 2015
  • Issue #21 - August 26th, 2015
  • Issue #22 - September 23rd, 2015
  • Issue #23 - October 20th - 26th, 2015 (Assumed)
  • Issue #24 - October 20th - 26th, 2015 (Assumed)
Hopefully Escalation concludes before Guardians is released. The whole debacle with Silentium providing necessary context to Halo 4 only being released after launch was annoying to say the least.
Syxnrgy wrote:
I'd assume it would be a finale finish with two issues, much like HunttheTruth.
  • Issue #19 - June 24th, 2015
  • Issue #20 - July 29th, 2015
  • Issue #21 - August 26th, 2015
  • Issue #22 - September 23rd, 2015
  • Issue #23 - October 20th - 26th, 2015 (Assumed)
  • Issue #24 - October 20th - 26th, 2015 (Assumed)
You maybe right. The only reason I am guessing is that there is nothing coming out in November for Halo, the last book for this year is in December. As that gives us the month gap I am guessing we get the last issue in November so that we have something every month this year.

Also we have Frankies book next month, the conferences in august and then another book in September. We all ways have info coming at us, its a great strategy to keep halo always on our minds.
Nivloc55 wrote:
PIX24 wrote:

If it were so easy.
You don't have to forgive it its impossible. But at the same time the human mind cant comprehend those numbers. This isn't Pol Pot or Hitler sized genocide number, which the mind can barely comprehend. Look at how all the major powers after WWII grabbed as many Nazi scientists as possible, it didn't matter that some of them had work in the concentration camps or were working on terrible weapons for Hitler, it was all about what they could do for us. The guy that invented the V-2 rockets that trashed London was one of the founders of NASA (interestingly enough the guy who invented most of the things von Braun improved on is from my home town).

If you can find one of the enemy to do your dirty work for you, its an obvious thing to do it.
So the preview of Escalation #19 is up on Dark Horse.

The Elite from Escalation #11/#12 is back, and we find out his name: Ayit 'Sevi.
I'm assuming he's the "unexpected ally". Should be awesome to see him work with the Spartan IVs... And see how Thorne reacts to working with him.

The Beauty of Annihilation that was once mentioned in Cannon Fodder is in, so that's kinda cool.

I'm assuming the five-man squad is going to consist of:
Palmer (obviously from the preview)
Thorne (obviously from the cover art)
Ray (she's been a main character throughout Escalation, so I'd be surprise if she isn't in)
Tanaka (if that is indeed her in the cover art of Escalation #21)
Ayit 'Sevi (assuming he's part of the five-man squad)

Either way, this Absolute Record arc is going to pure amazing. Plain and simple.
Caluben wrote:

The Elite from Escalation #11/#12 is back, and we find out his name: Ayit 'Sevi.
I'm assuming he's the "unexpected ally". Should be awesome to see him work with the Spartan IVs... And see how Thorne reacts to working with him.

The Beauty of Annihilation that was once mentioned in Cannon Fodder is in, so that's kinda cool.

Ray (she's been a main character throughout Escalation, so I'd be surprise if she isn't in)

Either way, this Absolute Record arc is going to pure amazing. Plain and simple.
I get that the last two Escalation issues were for her backstory for Halo 5, but maybe those issues are just to set her up for this story arc, and all eight issues are her backstory from Guardian? Tanaka is pretty awesome, I really hope she is a part of this team. :D Her backstory issues (the last two) were too well placed for her not to enter the fold now. :D
Boba772 wrote:
Caluben wrote:

I get that the last two Escalation issues were for her backstory for Halo 5, but maybe those issues are just to set her up for this story arc, and all eight issues are her backstory from Guardian? Tanaka is pretty awesome, I really hope she is a part of this team. :D Her backstory issues (the last two) were too well placed for her not to enter the fold now. :D
ENGINEERS REPRESENT GO TANAKA!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 181
  4. 182
  5. 183
  6. 184
  7. 185
  8. ...
  9. 192