5. 184
  6. 185
  7. 186
  8. ...
  9. 192
Syxnrgy wrote:
Boba772 wrote:
Caluben wrote:
So the preview of Escalation #19 is up on Dark Horse.

The Elite from Escalation #11/#12 is back, and we find out his name: Ayit 'Sevi.
I'm assuming he's the "unexpected ally". Should be awesome to see him work with the Spartan IVs... And see how Thorne reacts to working with him.

The Beauty of Annihilation that was once mentioned in Cannon Fodder is in, so that's kinda cool.

I'm assuming the five-man squad is going to consist of:
Palmer (obviously from the preview)
Thorne (obviously from the cover art)
Ray (she's been a main character throughout Escalation, so I'd be surprise if she isn't in)
Tanaka (if that is indeed her in the cover art of Escalation #21)
Ayit 'Sevi (assuming he's part of the five-man squad)

Either way, this Absolute Record arc is going to pure amazing. Plain and simple.
I get that the last two Escalation issues were for her backstory for Halo 5, but maybe those issues are just to set her up for this story arc, and all eight issues are her backstory from Guardian? Tanaka is pretty awesome, I really hope she is a part of this team. :D Her backstory issues (the last two) were too well placed for her not to enter the fold now. :D
ENGINEERS REPRESENT GO TANAKA!
WOOH REP THE SET #TEAMENGINEER
So yeah, this issue has lots of build-up with very little payoff. I would have preferred a double issue but that's just me.
Anyhow...
Sali'Nyon is still alive and kicking, and if we can believe what he says so is his rebellion. All is not well in covie land and Jul might have his hands full with more than just our Spartans soon.
From what we are shown, Ayit'Sevi is a total boss. I'm detecting Urdnot Wrex levels of mercenary badassery emanating from him. I'm so hoping he survives it all and we meet him in Halo 5.
The team. I think someone called Thorne and Tanaka along with Palmer but who would have thought that Henry Glassman had in him to do a field assignment like this. Kinda suspect he is trying to impress Palmer here. Felt a wee bit of sexual tension there when he gets an earful from Palmer (for starting to talk, completely out of the blue, about stuff that is just about guaranteed to get a reaction from Palmer) and he just grins and makes a glib about how his reason for coming was that he was promised a chance to work with Palmer again. Something about the scene just feels like there was quite a bit of truth in that glib. Or it might be my shipping radar misfiring :p If he really is in to Palmer (and stranger pairings have happened both in fact and in fiction....) I wish him the best of luck. He is a brave, brave man :p
Palmer, for her part is clearly still working through her anger at herself for the disaster that was her last encounter with Halsey. She's pushing her simulator hours pretty far and actually takes responsibility for those events when Lasky, talking in private, tries to make it more of a collective failure. She's still got a hard-on for Halsey but that's to be expected.
So yeah, this issue has lots of build-up with very little payoff. I would have preferred a double issue but that's just me.
Anyhow...
Sali'Nyon is still alive and kicking, and if we can believe what he says so is his rebellion. All is not well in covie land and Jul might have his hands full with more than just our Spartans soon.
From what we are shown, Ayit'Sevi is a total boss. I'm detecting Urdnot Wrex levels of mercenary badassery emanating from him. I'm so hoping he survives it all and we meet him in Halo 5.
The team. I think someone called Thorne and Tanaka along with Palmer but who would have thought that Henry Glassman had in him to do a field assignment like this. Kinda suspect he is trying to impress Palmer here. Felt a wee bit of sexual tension there when he gets an earful from Palmer (for starting to talk, completely out of the blue, about stuff that is just about guaranteed to get a reaction from Palmer) and he just grins and makes a glib about how his reason for coming was that he was promised a chance to work with Palmer again. Something about the scene just feels like there was quite a bit of truth in that glib. Or it might be my shipping radar misfiring :p If he really is in to Palmer (and stranger pairings have happened both in fact and in fiction....) I wish him the best of luck. He is a brave, brave man :p
Palmer, for her part is clearly still working through her anger at herself for the disaster that was her last encounter with Halsey. She's pushing her simulator hours pretty far and actually takes responsibility for those events when Lasky, talking in private, tries to make it more of a collective failure. She's still got a hard-on for Halsey but that's to be expected.
Isn't it supposed to release tomorrow?
Baartvedt wrote:
Isn't it supposed to release tomorrow?
It showed up in my Dark Horse app yesterday, so.... *shrug*
Its still not up on the web site so if you could spoiler tag your post that would be great.
This thread is spoiler warned. So... you run the risk of spoilers...

Well, the art is... not exactly very good... really, why can't we get art like this? http://th02.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2011/231/2/4/halo__a_fistful_of_arrows_54_by_levihoff-d473e3l.jpg

Part 1, probably slow as expected. I was very surprised that glassman joined them... I thought Ray would be joining, sadly she didn't. So Tanaka is there already eh? Interesting thing that she was part of fireteam domino. Ayit's interesting, I did hope to get more of him I think.
Well, it's part 1. I hope there's good development since this is going to be a long arc.
gonna wait this one out till it gets interesting
Quite enjoyed it even though it was just set up really. Still a little confused how they're going to pay this off with the arc not scheduled to end until after Halo 5: Guardians and Tanaka is with Palmers team tracking Halsey......and we know that both are in Halo 5: Guardians......
That felt really short.
Lasky looks like he swapped his face for a brick in some of those frames.
I have a sinking feeling that the UNSC is gonna get ROFLstomped if they show up for Jul's absolute record party, but the slipspace probe broke (lolwhat!?) in a blast that didn't kill or injure Glassman. Trapped behind enemy lines at an unknown location, potential for a successful outcome is looking slim to none.
My shipping radar is broken aside from the platonic setting, so I read that more as two coworkers who rub each other the wrong way.
Also, with Glassman on this mission, I think there's going to be some follow-up to Jul's vague threat towards him in the Janus Key Arc. At least I hope so because otherwise that line would feel really out of place. On the other hand, if it was foreshadowing for the Absolute Record Arc, Duffy Boudreau get's another point in my book for forethought.
Poor Glassman you would think he would know that Palmer doesn't like "Egg heads". And good to see that Ayit wasn't a wasted character.
"With Halsey, it's always personal"
Great line!
Yah! Great issue, really glad to see Tanaka again. She is amazing, really loving her! And awesome to know she was on Fireteam Domino which was mentioned in Spartan Ops. :D
I have a feeling that Thomas Lasky will be promoted to Admiral, from the recommendations of Terrance Hood and Serin Osman. This would occur after Operation: ATHENA's successful mission and the UNSC Infinity stopping the Covenant Remnant from acquiring all Forerunner technology. However Catherine Halsey will manage to escape with Jul 'Mdama who plans to finish the Arbiter once and for all...
The 20th issue preview is now up on darkhorse, for those who want premature excitement... ;)
Poor Halsey...Jul you better apologize m8.
Art seems better so far!
whats that new grenade?
Poor Halsey...Jul you better apologize m8.
I'm hoping this doesn't escalate into them hating each other. Well, more than they might already. I want them to get along!
Wow! New Issue! Seems like it's getting good! There are some nice Spartan fighting but I really don't like how the smoke somehow messed with the motion tracker...
So Tanaka has promethean vision, Palmer and Thorne have Hard Light shield? Interesting. That ending too, who was that? It looked like a Bias!
erickyboo wrote:
Wow! New Issue! Seems like it's getting good! There are some nice Spartan fighting but I really don't like how the smoke somehow messed with the motion tracker...
So Tanaka has promethean vision, Palmer and Thorne have Hard Light shield? Interesting. That ending too, who was that? It looked like a Bias!
wut bout Julsey?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 182
  4. 183
  5. 184
  6. 185
  7. 186
  8. ...
  9. 192