[Locked] HALO GAME WHERE A WOMAN IS MAIN CHARACTER

OP N1K Leonhart

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
I think there should be Halo game with female lead role in future.90% of games out there have male protagonists,give woman's a chance!B.R.if you read this know that i support you with all my heart and you're awesome !<3
Definitely agree. We have too many female protagonists in the Halo universe for them not to lead a game. Veronica Dare, Veta Lopis, Rion Forge, Petra Janecek, Naomi-010, hell maybe even Serin Osman before she became CINCONI. I think a game with Maya Sankar in her early pre-FERO exploits would be interesting, too.
Kelly-087 as the main protagonist for 'Halo 6'!

...hey, I can dream can't I? ;)

In all seriousness though, OP, I do agree it is high time we had a female character frontrunning a Halo game. The gaming industry is slowly but surely shaking off the "boys only" visage - and in the wake of success stories like 'Horizon Zero Dawn' and 'Dishonored 2', it wouldn't be out of the question for Halo to follow suit.
Kelly-087 as the main protagonist for 'Halo 6'!...hey, I can dream can't I? ;)

In all seriousness though, OP, I do agree it is high time we had a female character frontrunning a Halo game. The gaming industry is slowly but surely shaking off the "boys only" visage - and in the wake of success stories like 'Horizon Zero Dawn' and 'Dishonored 2', it wouldn't be out of the question for Halo to follow suit.
Maybe not the protagonist but I'd defiantly play an entire mission with her as your character. Hell, give Blue Team a mission each to their own, let them show off what they're best at.
Kelly goes fast. Linda pulls off MLG no-scopes and smokes insane amounts of weed, Fred...does Fred things (knives people? Gets ridden by outer colony criminal investigators?) and Chief does Chiefy things.
If you want to get technical,cortana was a main character in previous halos
Spartan assault,has an female main character.
Not that I'm opposed to it or anything, but since the vast majority of FPS gamers are male, wouldn't it make sense to have the playable character a man? I know I and many others like to immerse ourselves in games and the protagonist being male does help immersion. Maybe there could be playable missions with females like we play as Linda or Kelly or maybe we could have a game like Reach/Spartan Ops where you can customize your Spartan and play story missions with them.
I can agree to having a female main character... but the way you've worded your post makes me feel like they'd be female just for the sake of being female.
Only if done respectfully, passionately and with consideration to canon and 'believability''; as opposed to some ticky box 'yay aren't we good we put a womanz in our game and she iz strong and good at effryfink eva.'

Give me someone like an Ellen Ripley rather than a Rey.
Only if done respectfully, passionately and with consideration to canon and 'believability''; as opposed to some ticky box 'yay aren't we good we put a womanz in our game and she iz strong and good at effryfink eva.'

Hey hey hey,rey was fine don't be one of those guys
Please don't consider this a game.This is mobile abomination,press y to see the cutscene as if it mathers
If you want to get technical,cortana was a main character in previous halos
That is an annoying AI not a person.

That's what im talking about!!
Spartan Assault and Spartan Strike.
I can agree to having a female main character... but the way you've worded your post makes me feel like they'd be female just for the sake of being female.
That's probably actually the purest way to implement a female protagonist, I think. Instead of saying "we have a female protagonist, let's re-examine our story and modify it to accommodate that" they should just say "let's swap the gender on the player character." No extra thought or motivation required, far less opportunity to somehow inject gender politics into the game.
Please don't consider this a game.This is mobile abomination,press y to see the cutscene as if it mathers
It is an official Halo game.
So,it matters.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Alien:Isolation kind of horror game with flood and female civillian main character. Or they could very well use female main character in the main games.
I'd be interested in this, but they really need to be a character that takes the mantle of leader of the series. Master Chief is so recognizable that if Kelly or Veta or Linda become lead, it would feel forced UNLESS THERE'S A SPECIFIC REASON FOR IT.
I want to second the comment on Horizon Zero Dawn. Aloy is a great main character. I'm over thirty hours in the game and the more I get to know Aloy the more I really enjoy her as the feet and eyes on this journey Guerrilla Games gave us. Female characters in leading roles can be great. Just as long as they're not forced in because of aligning with ridiculous gender politics. Also Rey is great. She's not a Mary Sue. Having a Rey/Aloy/Ellen Ripley main character, unique in their ways but a successful successor to Chief IF that happens would be interesting.
The problem here is that this accusation is going to be made no matter what. It was made for Rey even though you'd swear she isn't a Mary Sue or inserted just because of gender politics. Even Locke, Vale, and Tanaka (and not Buck imagine that) were accused of being SJW-bait by idiots. I just never take this argument about "forced diversity" seriously because of this.
I think a female protagonist done right could be great. In general, I've kinda had it with Spartans as main characters. I'd love a spinoff featuring a marine girl.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6