1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 6
Does everyone forget Noble 6 was a main character and could be a girl? Or are we still in the days where Reach was hated. The only Halo game where I think would work as a female main character is one centered around Naomi. She has the latest Spartan armor and would be on a tear.
Does everyone forget Noble 6 was a main character and could be a girl? Or are we still in the days where Reach was hated. The only Halo game where I think would work as a female main character is one centered around Naomi. She has the latest Spartan armor and would be on a tear.
But hes talking about an canon female main character,in canon,Six is a guy.
Only if done respectfully, passionately and with consideration to canon and 'believability''; as opposed to some ticky box 'yay aren't we good we put a womanz in our game and she iz strong and good at effryfink eva.'

Give me someone like an Ellen Ripley rather than a Rey.
Hey hey hey,rey was fine don't be one of those guys
Hahaha, no she wasnt. All these people praising Rey; If a random nobody shows up in the Halo universe and starts wrecking house with no training and making friends with everybody because of yall, I swear to God that'll be the day I'm really done with Halo.
But hes talking about an canon female main character,in canon,Six is a guy.
What about Palmer in Spartan Assault? In an FPS game I can only imagine having Naomi in a spin off game. Halo's always had a diverse cast from Johnson to having literal aliens be playable. I just hope we don't do diversity just for the sake of it. Because the games didn't do Tanaka or Vale justice. You know people don't know Tanaka was in two separate comics in Escalations?
slvr cobra wrote:
Only if done respectfully, passionately and with consideration to canon and 'believability''; as opposed to some ticky box 'yay aren't we good we put a womanz in our game and she iz strong and good at effryfink eva.'

Hahaha, no she wasnt. All these people praising Rey; If a random nobody shows up in the Halo universe and starts wrecking house with no training and making friends with everybody because of yall, I swear to God that'll be the day I'm really done with Halo.
All a matter of opinion....agree to disagree
Noble 6 is barely a character. He's less defined than Master Chief was in CE.
What about Palmer in Spartan Assault? In an FPS game I can only imagine having Naomi in a spin off game. Halo's always had a diverse cast from Johnson to having literal aliens be playable. I just hope we don't do diversity just for the sake of it. Because the games didn't do Tanaka or Vale justice. You know people don't know Tanaka was in two separate comics in Escalations?
Of course there is Palmer,I even mentioned her in another post.
Getting diversity just for the sake of it,is a bad thing,I agree on that.
Yes,I knew that Tanaka was in Escalation,but she wasnt a new character for me,as I recived said comics nearly a year after Halo 5s launch.
I think a female protagonist done right could be great. In general, I've kinda had it with Spartans as main characters. I'd love a spinoff featuring a marine girl.
I'd be interested in this.
A spiritual successor to ODST showing an unaugmented woman and her squad being badasses would be a fun spinoff.
As for the main games, I think in the NEAR future Red team is going to be given more focus. A mission or two in 6 where you can play as Alice?
I'm tired of the standard Halo formula. We need something new and different to change things up, and not some AI rebellion. A more story/character driven game would be just the thing.
I think there should be Halo game with female lead role in future.90% of games out there have male protagonists,give woman's a chance!B.R.if you read this know that i support you with all my heart and you're awesome !<3
In the Sprint they mention that they were originally considering either Thorne or Palmer to have the place Locke had in the game.

I think its extremely unlikely for the following reasons:

1) The mainline Halo games are focused on the Chief. They can't do loads of spin off games that would detract from development of the main series and there has been nothing to suggest that they would. Without spin off games there just isn't anywhere to put a new lead character.

2) All the backlash against Palmer and as I mentioned above, the fact that they dropped her as a lead character in favor of Locke suggests that 343 believes a female lead would be alienating to what they think of as the core Halo demographic.

3) The only spin off title 343i has is Halo Wars and arguably they don't have a playable lead character at all.

4) All the Halo 5 backlash over the introduction of new characters would probably set back any plans to add a new female POV character.

However you could also argue that Cortana and Isabel ARE the lead characters of their respective series, even if neither is a player character. I know for a fact this is what 343 have said in relation to Isabel and Halo Wars; she got a lot of attention and we definitely spend more time with her than any other character. With Cortana they argue that its a dynamic duo, but then they also say that the Chief is a cypher for the player and they have sort of centered the plot around Cortana; so they arguably have made her the main character.

However if you mean a playable female protagonist, Vale for example, I don't think it will happen anytime soon. If it did, then it could only be through a shifting point of view system like in Halo 5.

I mean generally speaking FPS games don't have lead female characters, like you have in action/RPG games. I think most developers generally perceive this as being a genre mostly engaged with by young men and are generally suspicious of a female lead character.

Personally yes I would very much like to see them do it and I think attitudes towards this have noticeably shifted. I just don't think they will.
DC 409871 wrote:
DC 409871 wrote:
Sealki wrote:
Marvel seems to be doing alright for itself. It's turning Captain America into a facsict that isn't working out well for them these days (thought when you actually see the context for the whole Secret Empire arc it makes sense).
Persobally, the few examples I've read where a female lead is in the shoes of a male one aren't bad at all. X-23 as Wolverine works. Can't say much about Jane Foster as Thor, but that series seems to be doing well enough for itself. Same goes for Kate Bishop as Hawkeye.
I did and the second I watched his video calling The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl a fake comic book I saw his opinion wasn't worth considering. And every other word out of his mouth was SJW.
I'll just read what interests me and form my own opinions.
He usually just trashes Captain Marvel, Iron Heart, and Miss Marvel. I haven't seen his Squirrel Girl video yet though.

Sorry to disappoint but i suppose I am one of those guys. What's enjoyable about a character that has no flaws and learns everything in a second, even if she hasn't been taught it/knows of its existence? I don't care about any fan-fic/fan theory that she is the great great granddaughter of the Dee-vine wun Hisself - all I have to go off is that cruddy film and in it she is just the Sueiest of Mary's.

Absolute terrible character in a terrible film that adds to a, now, terrible franchise.

Sorry to disappoint but i suppose I am one of those guys. What's enjoyable about a character that has no flaws and learns everything in a second, even if she hasn't been taught it/knows of its existence? I don't care about any fan-fic/fan theory that she is the great great granddaughter of the Dee-vine wun Hisself - all I have to go off is that cruddy film and in it she is just the Sueiest of Mary's.

Absolute terrible character in a terrible film that adds to a, now, terrible franchise.
That's your opinion
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
DC 409871 wrote:
DC 409871 wrote:
Sealki wrote:
Yeah, putting in females just for the sake of having a female has always worked out. Just look at Marvel.
/sarcasm.
I have no problem with female characters, especially female main characters, but don't make it just because they're female. We don't need SJW BS infecting Halo.
Marvel seems to be doing alright for itself. It's turning Captain America into a facsict that isn't working out well for them these days (thought when you actually see the context for the whole Secret Empire arc it makes sense).
Persobally, the few examples I've read where a female lead is in the shoes of a male one aren't bad at all. X-23 as Wolverine works. Can't say much about Jane Foster as Thor, but that series seems to be doing well enough for itself. Same goes for Kate Bishop as Hawkeye.
I did and the second I watched his video calling The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl a fake comic book I saw his opinion wasn't worth considering. And every other word out of his mouth was SJW.
I'll just read what interests me and form my own opinions.
He usually just trashes Captain Marvel, Iron Heart, and Miss Marvel. I haven't seen his Squirrel Girl video yet though.
He trashes Ms. Marvel too? Then even more reason for me to skip over what he has to say.
DC 409871 wrote:
Sealki wrote:
You may like them personally, but Marvel themselves have admitted that their sales took a hit because people simply wanted the superheroes they've always known and loved. Not these gender/race/ethnicity-swapped version.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Sealki wrote:
DC 409871 wrote:
Sealki wrote:
You may like them personally, but Marvel themselves have admitted that their sales took a hit because people simply wanted the superheroes they've always known and loved. Not these gender/race/ethnicity-swapped version.
Seems rather telling that you seemed to skip over other parts of that article that point to titles like The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, The Mighty Thor, and Ms. Marvel as top sellers for Marvel along with the constant use of crossover and major events like Civil War II being major turn-offs. Marvel even later clarified that original statement and other articles reveal a far more complex situation about Marvel's sales than "SJWs are killing comics". This article even has a report that female-centered titles are big sellers digitally and that sales data is skewed a bit with digital sales not revealed by Marvel and the popularity of trade paperbacks.
Like most things, it's a lot more complicated that it seems. I know that doesn't have as nice a sound as a Marvel exec blaming diversity for bad sales, but shouldn't we strive for honesty and not ideology?
DC 409871 wrote:
Sealki wrote:
DC 409871 wrote:
Sealki wrote:
Yeah, putting in females just for the sake of having a female has always worked out. Just look at Marvel.

/sarcasm.

I have no problem with female characters, especially female main characters, but don't make it just because they're female. We don't need SJW BS infecting Halo.

Seems rather telling that you seemed to skip over other parts of that article that point to titles like The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, The Mighty Thor, and Ms. Marvel as top sellers for Marvel along with the constant use of crossover and major events like Civil War II being major turn-offs. Marvel even later clarified that original statement and other articles reveal a far more complex situation about Marvel's sales than "SJWs are killing comics". This article even has a report that female-centered titles are big sellers digitally and that sales data is skewed a bit with digital sales not revealed by Marvel and the popularity of trade paperbacks.

Like most things, it's a lot more complicated that it seems. I know that doesn't have as nice a sound as a Marvel exec blaming diversity for bad sales, but shouldn't we strive for honesty and not ideology?
Right, because I'm purposefully being dishonest for my ideology... What ideology? Beats me.

You can read my reply above if you want to know my feelings on diversity. Put them in, just do it for the right reasons. Not to fill quotas and check boxes.
NatDanger wrote:
Agreed.

I think the game after Halo 6 should be another spinoff. A completely different genre.
Sealki wrote:
DC 409871 wrote:
Sealki wrote:
DC 409871 wrote:
Sealki wrote:

/sarcasm.

Right, because I'm purposefully being dishonest for my ideology... What ideology? Beats me.

You can read my reply above if you want to know my feelings on diversity. Put them in, just do it for the right reasons. Not to fill quotas and check boxes.
Clearly you have a problem with "SJWs" and are fighting hard against whatever you feel that is. The article you used for support doesn't actually support what you said though regardless. You said Marvel said their sales took a hit because people want the superheroes they know and love and not swapped versions. Meanwhile, the article states that such a complaint came from some comic book retailers while others echoed the exact opposite. So, which is it? Is it diversity killing comics or is it something else? Personally, I have little issue laying a good amount of blame on Marvel's insistence on event series and crossovers. I was interested in the Inhumans vs X-Men event and giving that a go until I saw how much was required to get the full story. Want to know what that'd look like?

20 books altogether and many from different series. You've got the IvX books, obviously, but then Extraordinary X-Men, All New X-Men, Deadpool and the Mercs for Money, Uncanny Inhumans, and Uncanny X-Men. And with most comics being, what, $3.99 a pop that isn't cheap. Don't even get me started on Secret Empire.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 6