Halo Games From Best to Worst?

OP ChiefTimur

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 13
  4. 14
  5. ...
  6. 15
I honestly don't want to say best to worst, more like greater to great. I also haven't played either of the Wars (though I really want to) or the app games. Regardless, here's my list:
  1. Halo 3 (this includes ODST because there virtually the same game aside from the campaign)
  2. Halo Combat Evolved
  3. Halo 2
  4. Halo 4
  5. Halo Reach
  6. Halo 5 Guardians
7. Halo 4 (beats reach and ODSTon campaign, just multiplayer wasn't very good)
I personally enjoyed the multiplayer, but I can totally understand yours and many other's dislike of it. I really agree with your parenthesized statement, the campaign was epic.
1) Halo 2
2)Halo Combat evolved
3)Halo 3
4)Halo 5
5)Halo 3 ODST
6)Halo Reach
7)Halo Wars
8)Halo Wars 2
9)Halo 4
10) halo Spartan Strike
11) Halo Spartan Assault
I have not played Halo: Spartan Assault and Halo: Spartan Strike.
Also I love all the halo games I played.
  1. Halo: Reach
  2. Halo Wars 2
  3. Halo 2 Anniversary
  4. Halo 3: ODST
  5. Halo 4
  6. Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary
  7. Halo 3
  8. Halo 5: Guardians
  9. Halo Wars
Halo 2 , Halo Ce, Halo 3 , Halo Wars, Halo Reach, Halo Wars 2 ( Halo 4 and 5 aren't even Halo games)
Halo 3
halo reach
halo 2
halo 3 odst
halo wars
halo combat evolved
halo wars 2
halo CEA
halo 4
spartan assault
spartan strike
broken master chief collection
literally anything
halo 5
I'm purely ranking based off of the campaigns. The first halo game I got my hands on was halo 3, I didn't play halo CE or halo 2 until the MCC. This likely affects my opinion.

1. Halo Reach
- The story has so much more gravity than the other games. It feels like there's real stakes, and I feel like it has the darkest and most solemn tone of the series. It really feels like your fighting for something, and although generic and in some cases bland, noble teams sacrifice still has a resounding impact on me. Halo reach is the definitive halo in my opinion. It finally hits a truly serious tone using the sci-fi military core of halo.

2. Halo 3
-I definitely played this the most out of any halo game. Just the hours spent in campaign alone would be close to beating my time spent in the other games combined. Again, there is real stakes here. As a young boy, playing through the halo 3 campaign made me feel as though I was experiencing the greatest fight for humanity ever. The flood creeped the -Yoink- out of me and working alongside the noble elites was awe inspiring. I also loved the time I spent trying to save as many marines as I could.

3. Halo 2
-plauing through halo 2 was great. I have fun each time I play through it. Unfortunately, it's marred by a few repetitive sequences and not many stand out moments. Sgt. Johnson is the best here, and the addition of the arbiter was very satisfying. I loved seeing his story as since I first got my hands on halo 3, I felt like the elites were the real bad -Yoinks!-.

4. Halo 3 ODST
-Watered down version of halo 3. It's fun nonetheless. I mostly appreciate it for how unique it was.

5. Halo CE
-A whole nother halo. The themes still feel halo, but the game play doesn't. An intriguing story, but repetitive level design killed most of the enjoyment on harder difficulties. It's a total blast playing through it when it's relatively easy though!

6. Halo 4
-dislike more than I liked. Some solid storytelling but the story being told took away from the halo feel. It's not longer a scifi military shooter, with gritty war themes. There's not even a war at all. Unnecessary art designs were ultimately degradive to the game. Master chief is no longer a vessel for the player. This brings both good and bad. The good is that a deeper story could be told. The added promethean enemies are uninventive and have no place in halo. Theyre not unique and worse to fight than even the flood. Compared to the Covent they seem like something you'd scrape out of the gutter

5. Halo 5
-Strip away the remaining aspects of halo 4 that make halo halo, add in characterless husks and an unenjohable story and you've got halo 5. This is not even halo. It doest not even remotely feel halo. The only thing remaining at this point is the character model likenesses. The grittiness is completely gone. It's a children's game through and through. I mean, they completely took out the blood, which although not over the top, has been staple since halo CE. What does that say about halos direction? Played the campaign once and never touched it again. Utterly horrible.
  1. Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 3 odst in the same place
  2. Halo Combat Evolved
  3. Halo Reach
  4. Halo 4
That is all the halo games i played.
1. Halo Combat Evolved- The first Xbox game I've ever played, but not only for that reason, but also because when the flood came that was huge for me at the time I was like holy sh**t!

2. Halo Reach- The game I've spent the most time on, actually had clans I joined and was my prime of Halo I felt. Also I feel it was the last best Halo game before 343. (Not saying 343 is bad I just liked Bungie)

3. Halo 3 ODST- I have no idea why people didn't like it a whole lot, I mean the trailer did give me a hope for something different, but I loved it, especially me being an ODST fan, other than Halo 3, I feel ODST really brought that out.

4. Halo 2- I loved playing as the enemy faction, it was one of my favorite parts playing as the Arbitor.

5. Halo Wars- This was such a turn I saw some didn't like, but man I love strategy games and when I heard of this, I got harder than a brick. It was amazing to me, especially multiplayer!

6. Halo 5- The main Halo game I've been playing, I walked a total of 4 hours to the store and 4 hours back in the hot a** summer! Threw up along the way there from chugging water, but man when I played I was anticipating war zone. I was binge watching videos and loving the thoughts I was generating from it. So you bet after all that, my a** sat there and binge played that game all night and that first time playing war zone, made me feel like I was playing Battlefeild and I loved it!

7. Halo 4- I love the ODST dlc armor, I don't like the Nightfall armor in Halo 5, so I wish they had the one in Halo 4 in Halo 5.

8. Halo Wars 2- I haven't played Halo Wars 2, but I love what I've been hearing about the flood dlc and new campaign to it. I've watched videos on it and I plan on buying it, but at the moment, I've been more concerned with other things that I gotta focus on.

9. Halo Moblie games- I have both and played both. Now I'm not a huge fan, but I do like Spartan Strike when I'm bored.
Surprised the lack of love for halo ce

Halo CE
Halo 3
Halo 4
Halo 2
Halo 5
Halo odst
Halo wars
Halo wars 2
Halo Reach

Halo ce started it all, it still has the best end lvl in a halo game, and tbh the mp / lan was and in my opinion still is the best most skilled and rewarding mp halo exp to date, and hell halo ce pc was prity good 2.
Halo 3 has a great ending in my opinion really has the feels, has some cool moments and twists , ie the flood helping you ect. Mp was prity great as well, and ofc the first introduction of Forge was great for its time.
Halo 4 simply because it had a great story that was quite different from anything we had before, it was the first halo that really started to tie in the games with the books and as a huge halo novel fan i was really happy about that. The mp was ok but enjoyable with actual good netcode for the first time.
Halo 2 again great campaign but loses quite afew points because of the ending and the whole "finish the fight" but wait noo.... Mp was great ofc the first online halo mp, but again sufferd from lag and cheaters.
halo 5 has a good build up for an interesting story going into future halo games, and alot of the audio files you find are really quite brilliant if your into the halo cannon and trying to work everything out "cough cortana isnt who she says she is" but for the single story in h5 it felt abit lack luster and it was not what we exspected it to be after the build up to halo 5 , example the fantastic audio story we got. Mp however does make up for alot and to me stops it being bottom of the list as it really is the best mp since halo 2 and is at least on par in my opinion with h3 and maybe has even more to offer game type wise and just how much forge has grown in the community front.
halo odst was a cool mini story, good link for cannon fans and had a totally new atmosphere that was really quite great for the time, and who can forget that sax?
halo wars 1-2 are solid rts games even more so for console rts, and have a prity enjoyable side story, and ofc with halo wars 2 now 343i decided to link it in with the main story line into halo 5-6. mp was fun but nothing special but over all package is good times.
Halo reach As a huge fan to the law and world of halo i just cannot forgive halo reach for breaking the halo cannon. Also the way achivments and credits destroyed the way people played mp really ruined it for me. Trying to play capture the flag yet one guy who cap because he needs 3 kills with the flag... stupid armor abilites like armor lock really just causing rage within the community as well. The entire game jsut left a sour taste in my mouth ,and although it wasnt a bad game it felt like bungie just didnt care about the law and really just wanted to make a different game but there contract with microsoft meant reach had to have Halo infront of it on the box. shame.
On a side note forge was great but thats not enough.

(I base my list from a story and sp first, replay value after many years, and then mp last but ofc not least)
I agree with most of these answers. lol
It's all dependent on when Halo first entered your life. I've been playing Halo since the Xbox first came out and the memories alone that I have of buddies connecting 4 consoles together with ethernet cables will forever be held above everything. One of my good friends got into Halo when Halo 3 came out. With that being his first experience with Halo that will forever be his favorite Halo game. Most peoples favorite Halo game is that in which they were first introduced into the Halo world
Campaign

Halo CE
Halo 2
Halo 3
Halo 3 ODST
Halo Reach
Halo Wars
Halo Wars 2
Halo 4
Halo 5

Multiplayer

Halo Reach
Halo 4
Halo 5
Halo 3
Halo CE
Halo 2
Halo 3 ODST

I don’t play the multiplayer of the Halo Wars series as I suck at stratagey and I just don’t like Spartan Assault enough to warrant it on the list
  1. Halo CE
  2. Reach
  3. ODST
  4. Halo 2
  5. Halo 3
1. Halo: Reach
2. Halo Wars 2
3. Halo 2 anniversary
4. Halo 3
5. Halo CE
6. Halo 4
7. Halo Wars
8. Halo 3 ODST
9. Halo Spartan Assault
10. Halo recruit
11. Halo 5
My favourite general Halo Games changes quite regularly, all of them are fantastic and it is really based of how I am feeling. What I’m trying to say is that it isn’t static, currently I would rank the games in this order:
  1. Halo Reach - Despite its desregardful story, I find Reach to be the most nostalgic and easily replayable game in the franchise.
  2. Halo 2/A - Halo 2 really thawed out what a Halo game is, it’s bouncy jumps and kind of fast combat revolutionized not only the genre but also console gaming.
  3. Halo Wars - Fantastic Characters and a simple introduction to the RTS genre and Blur cutscenes.
  4. Halo 3 - Definately the most iconic in the franchise, I would consider Halo 3 the Definitive Halo game despite not being my favourite.
  5. Halo 4 - I personally found the casual multiplayer very entertaining accompanied by a great soundtrack and a brilliant campaign. It’s a good all-round game.
  6. Halo 3: ODST - Great spin-off which looks closers into the lives of civilians, soldiers and introduces ONI as the ‘scary guys’. Also Firefight.
  7. Halo Wars 2 - Return of my favourite characters, the ark and the introduction of new entertaining characters like Isabel, Atriox and now 343 era Flood.
  8. Halo 5 - Brilliant multiplayer and a revolutionary forge mode which could almost be compared to g-mod; disappointing campaign though.
  9. Halo CE - The game that started it all feels slow, cramped and outdated. It is by all means a classic and is still very fun, but noticeably old.
  10. Mobile Games - They’re fun mobile games for sure, not really compatible to console games.
Halo 2
Halo 3
Halo: Reach
Halo Wars 2
Halo: CE
Halo 4
Halo Wars
Halo 5
Halo 2
Halo 3
Halo: Reach
Halo Wars 2