Halo Infinite AI (Serial 0453-0)

OP PIX24

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
https://imgur.com/a/aQmNI1u from the E3 Trailer Analysis by 343
It shows a partial serial number: M0453-0.

Apparently, it's going to be a new AI. We can exclude Cortana, BB and Isabel. Hopefully, it's going to be another "Cortana-AI" (Halsey had other clone AIs in her laboratory on Reach).

EDIT
1. I meant an AI generated from Halsey's cloned brain, not called Cortana and with different identity/personality.
2. There appear to be one or two letters before the serial number, at minute 53:52 (suspicious) we can see the latter is an M.
This is certainly interesting. I hope it's not another Cortana clone. Hope it's someone new with a unique personality
This is certainly interesting. I hope it's not another Cortana clone. Hope it's someone new with a unique personality
Maybe the AI will be a British Cortana as she was originally written for CE.
Please let it be FERO.
Spoiler:
Show
PIX24 wrote:
https://imgur.com/a/aQmNI1u from the E3 Trailer Analysis by 343It shows a partial serial number: 0453-0.

Apparently, it's going to be a new AI. We can exclude Cortana, BB and Isabel. Hopefully, it's going to be another "Cortana-AI" (Halsey had other clone AIs in her laboratory on Reach).
Remember, Cortana’s number was 0452-9
So the theory of another Cortana model is definitely possible in my opinion
MEDICVS wrote:
PIX24 wrote:
https://imgur.com/a/aQmNI1u from the E3 Trailer Analysis by 343It shows a partial serial number: 0453-0.

It seemed to me, at least at the time, that Cortana all but confirmed there were other possible iterations of her in Halo 4 when she tells the Chief that they may even pair him with another "Cortana model". This could have been rampant rambling, but it would make sense that another model would have the next serial number in line after 0452-9. Plus, as said above by OP, Halsey had other clone AIs in her lab on Reach.

I would probably prefer a new one, but adding more characters to the bloated cast of Halo 5 just doesn't seem that appealing to me.
Ugh. If this is another Cortana, we'll have Good Cortana and Evil Cortana. That would most certainly suck, and be entirely unnecessary. They already beat the living -Yoink- out of the ending of Halo 4, and to add yet another Cortana would just be overkill.

Can't see it working
Ugh. If this is another Cortana, we'll have Good Cortana and Evil Cortana. That would most certainly suck, and be entirely unnecessary. They already beat the living -Yoink- out of the ending of Halo 4, and to add yet another Cortana would just be overkill.

Can't see it working
I agree, seems it’d be a little messy and I don’t see how it would work. This is a huge shot in the dark, but the only other AI I can see this being is if Halsey somehow breached into the digital realm and is no longer human. If I remember correctly, this is something the forerunners achieved. All you lore experts out there, feel free to correct me if I’m wrong.
Gotta be honest, I'd find it a bit insulting if they made a new Cortana AI. I mean, it'd be like 343 saying, "Hey, we know we totally -Yoinked!- up and probably irreparably damaged the reputation of the original Cortana, but don't worry this hip, new Cortana will totally replace her and you'll love her!"

Ain't happening.
Gotta be honest, I'd find it a bit insulting if they made a new Cortana AI. I mean, it'd be like 343 saying, "Hey, we know we totally -Yoinked!- up and probably irreparably damaged the reputation of the original Cortana, but don't worry this hip, new Cortana will totally replace her and you'll love her!"

Ain't happening.
Lol millenial Cortana will dab, be politically correct, non gender specific and say things like 'yeet' and 'get wrecked' while her hologram does the floss dance
Honestly I think a blank slate Cortana would be an interesting concept. Having just started her lifespan, John would have to restart an important relationship, a wound that is still raw. I think it would be hard, even for a spartan. A close friend with Alzheimer's or another form of memory loss can really hit home, especially after being deployed together and in so many combat situations. I can see it being very frustrating for both of them, almost to the point of resentment.
New Cortana wouldn't know how John thinks in the heat of the moment, nor what he plans to do.
John hears old Cortana and it makes him frustrated to the point of just leaving new Cortana out. Barking orders instead of asking for input.
Or he could develop his relationship with Blue Team again. I think that’d be way more ideal than trying to make Cortana again, especially with a fan base I don’t think, fairly or not, will ever give the new Cortana a fair shot.
That's what would end up happening. Cortana is a piece of equipment. No matter what happened with them in the past, John would want to keep his team closer because this non human entity is back like nothing happened.
Everyone appears to be assuming that it might literally be another Cortana, but I meant a Cortana-like model, i.e made from Halsey's cloned brain and with all the smart software etc, not called Cortana.

Given that not only the donor's memory and mental pathways, but also circumstances at creation (data absorbed/processed during the first minutes of life) shape smart AIs' identity, and then they develop similarly to people based on their life experiences and lived memories, the new AI might be quite different from Cortana, although a resemblance to Halsey and capabilities matching Cortana's are to be expected. There is also no particular reason why the new AI should choose the female sex.

MEDICVS wrote:
PIX24 wrote:
Yes exactly, it seems likely Halsey had pre-assigned the serial to her other "unborn" AIs. Or at the very least the sequential serial means this new AI will be created by Halsey (who after Cortana made no new smart AI). Obviously, there is always the possibility of the code being a placeholder for the purpose of making the model of the helmet.
I wonder what this AI named itself and if it knows of the history between Cortana and John.
Huh. This could either be very lame or very cool.

Lame: It's Cortana, again. Halo 4 and Halo 5 basically didn't happen, where John's concerned. We're back to Halo: CE stuff, and any notion of an evolving story is basically dashed.

Cool: It's someone new. Under these very different conditions and with newer tech, a new person is born. This can mirror the ancient Forerunner struggle of Mendicant Bias and Offensive Bias, the betrayer and the loyal stalwart that was made to defeat him. One of my favourite aspects of Halo 4-era Halo was the way the story seemed to be driving towards the humans actively mirroring the history of the Forerunners, and a return to that thoroughly dropped focus would be splendid.
Just so long as it's female, has a nice design and isn't yellow or orange and looks way too human.

I cannot stand Roland or Isabel. Something more along the lines of Serina with a little bit more of the artsy dramatic flair smart AIs are known to use.

But yes, signs point to it being another Cortana model. They'll probably use Jen Taylor to voice her but it definitely needs to have a different overall personality and visual appearance.

But I can easily see it as a reflection of what happened with Mendicant Bias and Offensive Bias. Both of equal strength and capability, one is just emotional while the other one is built purely out of a need to take the other down. That could be interesting, but only if they actually look different because I have no patience for a 'pick the right twin' scenario.
Am I actually the only one who thinks this little scene has absolutely no meaning and does not relate to the plot of H:I at all?
Like, as far as we know it could be just the same kind of unrelated teaser like the first glimpse of H5G a few years ago at E3 with Chief's notorious poncho.
Guys you shouldn't worry that much, the unsc doesn't name the AI's, the AI's choose their own name and i doubt the new AI would choose the same name as cortana so i think it will be more like a sister to cortana i imagine it would have the lively cortana personality but instead of using its intelligence for galaxy domination it will use to counter the terrorism caused by cortana and the created and it would be really exciting to have both "sisters" fight each other.
Another Cortana confirmed,expect mind games in Chief's head not knowing to whom he speaks at some time in the game.Metal Gear Solid 2 vibes.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3