Forums / Community / Halo Universe

(Halo Infinite has a new dropship!)

OP TrinalBulletX2

Based from the trailer, it would seem like the new ship is definitely Project SLEIPNIR. Project SLEIPNIR is a cutting-edge program administrated by the United Nations Space Command. It concerns the creation and use of unique combat dropships tailored specifically for use by Spartans.
Do you have any proof? Otherwise you're assuming a lot of stuff out of the very little we got to see. I get you're excited and you wanna be the 'first person to realize it', but unless there's proof...

We know absolutely nothing about the ship other than the layout of the interior. It's most likely a Pelican, or possibly a Condor, but given most people didn't watch the abomination that was Nightfall, it's probably just a Pelican. Outside of the Warthog, it's the other signature vehicle of the series.
I agree with above ^^^

Although I like the idea, is there any proof that would lead to this conclusion?
Nadesicle wrote:
I agree with above ^^^

Although I like the idea, is there any proof that would lead to this conclusion?
No proof, but the Pelican appears to be an amalgamation of previous models, and thus could be a new model. The cockpit is set up like the H2 Pelican with the pilot and co-pilot seat next to each other, but the separated cabin with a sliding airlock door is reminiscent of the H3 Pelican. So either it's just a redesign of the old style Pelican, or an entirely new Pelican model that draws inspiration from other previous models.
They say it’s UNSC Pelican Echo 216 in the trailer
Why would they name a dropship after a horse in norse mythology?
MJOLNIR, the name of the armor Spartans wear, is the name of Thor's hammer. Makes sense they'd name a pelican designed for Spartans after his horse.
MJOLNIR, the name of the armor Spartans wear, is the name of Thor's hammer. Makes sense they'd name a pelican designed for Spartans after his horse.
Sleipnir is Odin's horse, not Thor. And while Sleipnir can "ride" on the ground, in the sky and on the seas. He is not really associated as a flying animal first. Unlike Pegasus for example.
Sleipnir is Odin's horse, not Thor. And while Sleipnir can "ride" on the ground, in the sky and on the seas. He is not really associated as a flying animal first. Unlike Pegasus for example.
Whoops! Still, Sleipnir at least keeps with the norse theme. Gungnir, too, is in there. Pegasus would be... lame, imo.
I doubt it has to do with Project: SLEIPNIR, since I'd imagine SLEIPNIR's products are more advanced than what looks like a modified D77-series.

If it's not a new model, I think it could potentially be a D78.
I mean at the end of the day, the OP was just making this thread because he thought he was the first to discover something new about Halo Infinite and wanted to be Internet Famous for fifteen seconds.

It's a Pelican, and the only reason it looks different is because we have largely never seen the interior of a Pelican like this. We've only ever seen it in-game as a backdrop for the characters, the most was the Pelican at the start of Halo 5. It just looks different because it's a different, more focused perspective and it's clearly been customized somewhat by Beardguy.
That’s kinda cool but could just be them wanting the ship to look nicer for the trailer
I guess I kinda see why you might think that based on the ship having tech necessary to fix Chief's armour (the cables and stuff) and the door being high enough for chief to walk through normally, but I really don't think there's enough evidence to be sure.

Honestly, it's almost certainly a modified pelican at most.
OP, what lore introduces the concept of Project: SLEIPNIR?
Geoffyz wrote:
OP, what lore introduces the concept of Project: SLEIPNIR?
The flavor text for the FOEHAMMER armor in Halo 5.
The interior of the Pelican in the Infinite is much more spacey than the standard model. It’s possible that it’s a new model of Pelican or a specially designed one to accompany more cargo and troops.