Halo: Spartan Strike Announced

OP ran and shai

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
This is a spiritual successor to Spartan Assault, though not quite a sequel. New features include: vehicles such as the Warthog and the Kestrel VTOL (the one from the ONI REAP-X Mega Blocks set), Promethean enemies and their sandbox of weapons, refined controls. The story begins in 2552 during the battle of New Mombassa where the player fights the Covenant for a Foreruuner Artifact later revealed to be conncted to the Prometheans, and then skips 5 years to 2557 where you get to explore Gamma Halo and fight Prometheans.

Links:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/10/15/halo-spartan-strike-announced-for-windows-devices-and-steam-ign-first

Discuss
Are you really??
Are you really??
Yes.

Fixed the link btw.
Are you really??

Yes.

Fixed the link btw.
Ahh interesting. :)
The link seems broken, so here's an updated link:
Halo: Spartan Strike Preview

On topic: this game seems pretty awesome! It looks like a huge improvement over Spartan Assault, with a much bigger story. Story-wise, I must admit I do feel some hesitance. LaPorte talks about a Forerunner artifact on Earth that was meant to "invite their Promethean friends". This, of course, being set in 2552, during the battle of New Mombasa. It's weird think that the Covenant was looking to hunt down the Prometheans so long ago. I will say that I'm excited about the jump, then, to 2557 and fighting Prometheans on Gamma Halo and other locations. It will be interesting to see how this game fits in to the overall Halo story.

Also: Two Halo titles in one year?! I'm not sure how I feel about that. I'm almost afraid of Halo-overload, but we'll see.
Am confused about the way Prometheans are being relevant in 2552, but aside from that I probably won't end up playing it anyway.
ROBERTO jh wrote:
Am confused about the way Prometheans are being relevant in 2552, but aside from that I probably won't end up playing it anyway.
I'm wondering if the Covenant were only after it because it was Forerunner, and the Promethean connection was only discovered later on. It is weird to think that the Covenant knew about te Prometheans in 2552, but LaPorte could be paraphrasing the story for the sake of the interview.
Interesting, but Prometheans in 2552? wat
Arza wrote:
It's a Promethean artifact in 2552, but the Prometheans don't show up till '57. Or at least that's how I understood it.
Arza wrote:

It's a Promethean artifact in 2552, but the Prometheans don't show up till '57. Or at least that's how I understood it.
That's what I figured, too. I'm also betting that LaPorte was paraphrasing, and that a lot of context was missing. This game looks to be a bit more story intensive than Spartan Assault was.

EDIT: I'm wondering who this new Spartan is, and who was the Spartan in the Warthog in New Mombasa. It shouldn't be a Spartan-IV, since they weren't created until 2553.
I'm guessing LaPorte's words aren't 100% accurate, however I would assume that whatever happens at the start would be connected to what happens later. They did mention a while back that some of the gaps in information regarding Halo 2 would be filled in a bit, perhaps we're going to see an artefact that Regret found, leading him to Installation 05, and later being used to find 03. Hard to say, for now I'm more intrigued by the player character.

If this is set alongside Halo 2 at the start, then we can't be playing as an SIV (War Games sims nonwithstanding), so who are we? An as yet unmention SII, a Mjolnir clad SIII or someone familiar. Whoever they are they favour War Master armour. Perhaps in the actual storymode we'll see Black Team. They tend to have hints to upcoming games in other media. The deaths of Black Team on Gamma Halo might tie into Spartan Strike.

Here's IGN's picture of the cover for those interested:
http://assets1.ignimgs.com/thumbs/userUploaded/2014/10/14/HaloSpartanStrike_1280-1413331461322_1280w.jpg
Prometheans? In 2552? Aren't they supposed to be under Librarian control?
The game takes place in two eras. The stuff in 2552 is a prologue and it's possible the Prometheans wont appear in that part of the campaign. The Librarian also took control of the ones on Requiem, but there's nothing to suggest that her control extended to those stationed elsewhere.
The Prometheans aren't in the 2552 sections. The game jumps to 2557, where the Prometheans are featured.

The game takes place in two eras. The stuff in 2552 is a prologue and it's possible the Prometheans wont appear in that part of the campaign. The Librarian also took control of the ones on Requiem, but there's nothing to suggest that her control extended to those stationed elsewhere.
Oh well, that's good. Although, there's also nothing so far to suggest that the Didact had more than the Prometheans on Requiem. Like, in Silentium, isn't he in the middle of making them when the LIbrarian confronts him?
Here is all the text before missions that we know off
Enjoy folks

This conduit seems to be of some interest
CIA391 wrote:
Here is all the text before missions that we know off
Enjoy folks

This conduit seems to be of some interest
Awesome! Seems to be a lot of story going on, based on these level descriptions. I can't wait to experience the whole story!

Oh well, that's good. Although, there's also nothing so far to suggest that the Didact had more than the Prometheans on Requiem. Like, in Silentium, isn't he in the middle of making them when the LIbrarian confronts him?
I would assume they were in other places. It seems unlikely that he'd have had his entire army at Requiem when he was sealed, both in-universe and in terms of future stuff. If they're all on Requiem it makes it harder for them to continue using them, they'd be writing themselves into a corner. Plus, their presence in The Next 72 Hours suggests to me that he had some somewhere accessible. I doubt he dropped any off on Installation 03 when he went to retrieve the Composer. There's also no indication of contact between Jul and the Didact after Halo 4 so he probably didn't have any shipped to his position.
Not a fan.

This is the kind of side-gaming I hoped Halo would avoid
Wait Gek 'Lhar. This could be the story of how he killed several Spartans. As an attack in 2557 in New Pheonix coincides with the time Gek 'Lhar apparently did a terrorist attack in New Pheonix in December 2557
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10