Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Halo unsc infinity (solo)vs reaper fleet me3 earth

OP Wrath1122

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Let's just remember that the UNSC uses Energy Shields, Energy Projectors, Nuclear weapons, NOVA's (Which crack planets) and the good ol' Magnetic Accelerator Cannon.
The ME Universe uses Kinetic Barriers, Mass Accelerators and GUARDIAN Laser defence that overheats very quickly. They don't use Nukes, which the Heat and Radiation would BYPASS Kinetic Barriers same with Plasma weapons. The Fortress Network can handle the Oculus Fighters and Roland can coordinate it alongside firing solutions that can pierce multiple ships.

SmokeTinyTiff.
Wrath1122 wrote:
Reaper fleet awaiting the arrival of all fleets to come threw the relay, but instead a slip space rupture happens and out come the infinity and immediately engages the reaper fleet who would win? The infinity has its internal frigates and a few novas.. hit and run tactics and gorilla warfare can be taken into account. Doesnt have to be a front on assault... how would you captain a ship against those odds
In a tactical sense this would be a tactical withdrawl, because you are stating the whole Reaper Fleet against one ship and that one ship being the most top of the line, first of its kinds vessel, if anyone dumb enough to engage would waste such a valuable assest. In all honesty I would'nt engage, i would pull back bring forces to fight with support, or coordinate with assets and set up for a defensive op, because then not only will I have the UNSC fleet, but also the MAC gun platforms, plus some allied help from the Arbiter.... who knows
Actually Infinity wrecks the Reaper fleet pretty casually.

Halo Encyclopedia cites that your average MAC Cannon delivers 1.17 Teratons of force upon impact, and it still takes an average of three to break a medium-size Covenant ship's shielding. Infinity has shielding that is comparable to an Assault Carrier.

Meanwhile, want to know the most powerful weapon Turian ships have? A cannon that delivers about 30 Kilotons. A single MAC is worth 1,170,000,000 Kilotons. The strongest estimates for Reaper capital ships only put them at about 400 Kilotons per second from a beam attack.

A Reaper would need to continuously hit The Infinity with their beam for 39,625,000 seconds to destroy its energy shields, while the infinity can destroy them in one shot. The number advantage for their fleet will not save them.
Kalawaki wrote:
Actually Infinity wrecks the Reaper fleet pretty casually.

Halo Encyclopedia cites that your average MAC Cannon delivers 1.17 Teratons of force upon impact, and it still takes an average of three to break a medium-size Covenant ship's shielding. Infinity has shielding that is comparable to an Assault Carrier.

Meanwhile, want to know the most powerful weapon Turian ships have? A cannon that delivers about 30 Kilotons. A single MAC is worth 1,170,000,000 Kilotons. The strongest estimates for Reaper capital ships only put them at about 400 Kilotons per second from a beam attack.

A Reaper would need to continuously hit The Infinity with their beam for 39,625,000 seconds to destroy its energy shields, while the infinity can destroy them in one shot. The number advantage for their fleet will not save them.
Your numbers are a little of mate..
Not to mention if the UNSC manages to find a forerunner shipyard and reverse engineer it then I'd say the reapers are thoroughly screwed.
Easy one reaper would destroy the infinity.

The reapers would make the logical decision that sacrificing 1 reaper to a kamikaze attack would purely the damage it could do to the fleet.
A 2 kilometre shop almost half the length of the infinity accelerates to FTL allowing through the infinity as both explode in mural destruction the majority of the reaper fleet is intact.

Reaper travel 10,957 the speed of light.
http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/FTL
JSA343 wrote:
Just Infinity won't have much a chance. A Covenant ship, like a Supercarrier? Now that gets a lot closer.
I think it comes down to Captain vs shipmaster.
Easy one reaper would destroy the infinity.

The reapers would make the logical decision that sacrificing 1 reaper to a kamikaze attack would purely the damage it could do to the fleet.
A 2 kilometre shop almost half the length of the infinity accelerates to FTL allowing through the infinity as both explode in mural destruction the majority of the reaper fleet is intact.

Reaper travel 10,957 the speed of light.
http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/FTL
Which they never use offensively.
Because they've never had to.
The reapers are roughly a billion years old there processing and computing power would be, advanced enough to think of the kamikaze idea.

They have already rammed ships in ME, doesn't take a genius to apply FTL to the idea/plan.
And have never shown an inclination to do in the first place, so we can't logically argue that they would without arbitrarily ascribing characteristics to the Reapers they don't have.

I could then just as easily say that the Infinity, seeing the size of the fleet its going against, would back out and then come back with a fleet of ships enhanced with Forerunner technology.
ROBERTO jh wrote:
And have never shown an inclination to do in the first place, so we can't logically argue that they would without arbitrarily ascribing characteristics to the Reapers they don't have.

I could then just as easily say that the Infinity, seeing the size of the fleet its going against, would back out and then come back with a fleet of ships enhanced with Forerunner technology.
Yes I agree that halo would win if it was a fleet of forerunner enhanced ships. But where entertaining the idea of 1 overpowered ship vs the reaper fleet. The reapers are AI no matter the biological components, they would create billions of simulations and they'd take the one with the least amount of casualties
The Infinity alone has about 25,000 missiles, Sovereign got killed by a Kiloton explosion, the Infinity supermacs are capable of crossing thousands of km in a second and tend to rearrange the landscape, .011 kilotons weapons are relevant I space combat. How is this even a question?
Infinity would would win. I don't think anyhting can survive against gorilla warfare.
The Infinity alone has about 25,000 missiles, Sovereign got killed by a Kiloton explosion, the Infinity supermacs are capable of crossing thousands of km in a second and tend to rearrange the landscape, .011 kilotons weapons are relevant I space combat. How is this even a question?
Infinity's Super MAC's put a hole in Mantle's Approach, which not even Earth's ODP guns could touch. Im fairly certain even a BRUSH from one would pulverize a Reaper.
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
ROBERTO jh wrote:

Yes I agree that halo would win if it was a fleet of forerunner enhanced ships. But where entertaining the idea of 1 overpowered ship vs the reaper fleet. The reapers are AI no matter the biological components, they would create billions of simulations and they'd take the one with the least amount of casualties
Then if thats the case, they'd all flee the moment one of Infinity's Super-MACs turned one random Reaper into a trillion particulate of floating debris, and when their return fire just bounced off her shields. Maybe then they'd go for the Kamikazi strategy...only to have said ship get OBLITERATED by a cloud of Howler missiles...
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
ROBERTO jh wrote:

By taking an action that they have never shown any inclination to do. If they were inclined to take such measures to minimize casualties, why then did they fight the Sword Fleet in Mass Effect 3 using firing lines, leaving themselves exposed to being killed by the tsunami of weapons fire the Sword Fleet brought to bear? In 3 dimensional space, such tactics are simply unacceptable. Why'd the two Destroyer Reapers you kill in the game not fly into the air to strike Shepard from above, where he would have been defenseless? Indeed every instance of a Reaper being killed, bar Sovereign, is due to the Reaper NOT taking action to survive when it really should be able too. So there is no reason to think that a Reaper will start ramming ships; the only time one has done that was because the Reaper in question was in a hurry, not because he was using unorthodox tactics.
Reapers. Fleet vs Fleet tho, the UNSC kicks the crap out of Starbrat's toys.
The infinity would slip in system, drop a NOVA bomb, and then slip a few hundred light years away. The nova bomb destroyed every ship in an entire solar system along with wiping out all life on the nearest planet and shattering the moon of said planet. The covenant ships are stronger than reapers (the large covenant ships) and they were literally vaporised by the NOVA. Every single reaper in the entire solar system is destroyed in an instant. The NOVA bomb only takes about 9 or so nuclear warheads and a bunch of technical expertise to create. The infinity has plenty of both.

This is would depend on how smart Lasky, as the captain of the infinity is...and since Lasky is a very good captain he would know what to do, which is jump back out of the system and just go on hit and run with nuclear warheads, Mac cannons and hundreds of missiles and lasers. The infinity could also shoot the mass relay and effectively cripple the reapers system to system movement capabilities, stranding all the reapers in one area which the infirm could constantly just preform hit and run attacks in.

The main way the infinity would loose is because the people controlling it make a -Yoink- decision or the slipspace drive is damaged and unusable
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2