Halo vs. Star Wars | Who would win?

OP M0aHerder

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 120
The point of this thread is not to compare the entire Halo universe and the entire Star Wars universe. It was created due to the number of x-class Halo ship/weapons vs. x-class Star Wars ship/weapon. Of course you're more than welcome to compare both universes in their entirey, but the primary purpose is to compare certain parts of each universe.

I've seen a few threads discussing this topic, in a more limited form, lately, so I thought I'd make one master thread so we don't end up with a bunch of smaller ones.
I'll get us started. I think that it would be an extremely close match-up, but Star Wars would probably eventually win.

Since the UNSC uses kinetic rounds, they wouldn't have to worry about shields. The shields that Star Wars ships use allow mostly anything physical to go through them, hence why a pair of proton torpedoes were able to destroy the Death Star. The UNSC could take out the shield generators with MACs, then the Covenant could come in and help them take care of everything else. Unfortunately, the firepower that Star Wars ships have would likely eventually overwhelm the Halo ships.

As far as ground battles go, that could go either way. Clone trooper armor might be able to deflect UNSC rounds, as long as it isn't a relatively direct hit. Star Wars would probably win though, seeing as they have more advanced tanks. Of course, the Covenant could always glass them.
Halo, cause forerunners. They were more powerful and numerous at the apex of their empire than anyone in star-wars.
The covenant could probably beat them too, their ships are larger, faster and more powerful than most ships i star-wars.
I am also going to disregard the supposed "all powerful" weapons, armor, and sheilding in star-wars because they never show them to be all too powerful in any of the movies or TV. I mean they need a station the size of a moon to destroy a planet. UNSC could do that with their orbital platforms.
If we're talking Republic versus the UNSC I'd say the UNSC is going to lose. The regular clone troopers' standard issue rifles at full power can blow through a meter of concrete in one shot while sacrificing the capacity down to 15 shots per battery. Enough said.
Halo Definitely, because although the UNSC have bullets and other modern-like weapons. They also have Gauss technology like MAC cannons on there inter-stellar ships and Mass Drivers on planets they own. Combine that with the Military might of the covenant they can easily blast through the Star Wars army. Hunters laugh at bullets and plasma round and can shrug of the grenades the storm troopers will chuck at them. Including the shields every spartan, elite, and brute. Those 3 units can survive a grenade storm troopers they'll die, but the Jedi's force will be a challenge but I'm pretty sure an energy sword will fix that problem. Even if the Jedi brakes the energy sword it's still gonna kill people because now the field that holds the plasma stable is gone and that broke weapon is hay wire now damaging anything too close to it. An ground battles pfff Mantis, Longsword, Seraph, and Scarab 'nuff said.

Location of battle:

Near a UNSC controlled planet: Halo Faction has a high winning chance against the Star Wars Faction

Reason: Mass Drivers from the planet can and will aid the battle making it a tuff battle.

Near a Covenant controlled planet: Halo Faction will definitely will win against the Star Wars Faction

Reason: Covenant have teleportation structures on the planet and possibly have guarded very well.

In space away from planets: Goes either way depending on if John-117 isn't there.

Reason: None.

Star Wars Faction controlled planet: Star Wars Faction has a fair chance at winning...
If they can keep the Covenant Cruisers, and/or Battleships at bay.

Reason: They can box the Halo Faction if they manage to call reinforcements.

If the forerunners and/Precursors were still alive during the battle along with the flood aiding the battle too: Complete annihilation to the Star Wars Faction aka Game over card.

Reason: Forerunners was the most powerful race, Precursors might of have inter-galactic traveling abilities, flood will consume the weak armor of the sentient beings of the Star Wars Faction.
I know I missed a fair amount of battle scenarios but I ran out of time so don't comment about that issue.
Depends.
I mean, UNSC has Hard Sound Rifles, Active Camo, SHIVAs, HAVOKs,and, most importantly. NOVA Bombs.
I'm pretty sure Covenant Carriers, depending on the type, severely outclass some of the Republic's Smaller cruisers.
Oh, almost forgot.
Post War UNSC has the Infinity.
That's a major advantage, considering it implements massive amounts of Forerunner Technology, has a crazy amount of shields and can cut clean through Covenant Ships with ease.
You ask this question while stripping most of the power from the Star Wars side of things, The Republic was a vast political entity but most planets and species had very little in the way of organized military untill the clone wars and the rebellion was nothing more than a ragtag group scavenging whatever resources they could find. The Empire or the Sith empire would make for a more even match due to its concentration on military units, the Empire had At-At , At-st (the mantis Original for the uninitiated) , Star Destroyer Fleets and Fleets of Frigates and Blockade runners and Hyperspace interdictors and the list goes on and on.Oh and lets not forget two space stations that could travel through hyperspace and destroy a planet with a single shot. The only thing that stopped the Empire was a Light side Force user of which the UNSC has ...........zero.
Precursors versus Start Wars....nuf said
You guys don't know the power of Star Wars. You underestimate them. Asymmetric warfare for UNSC, normal warfare for the forerunners.

The advantages the UNSC has are the huragoks, limited forerunner tech, Promethean weapons and Trevelyan. One does not simply destroy something that is not there in normal space. The mass shadow from trevelyan should be enough to majorly block hyperspace I'd guess. Huragoks could try and reverse engineer imperial technology. But it can only be done through asymmetric warfare, face to face, UNSC is severely outmatched, outgunned, outmanned.

You should take on supplies into consideration, something halo has in shield world 006.
Yeah, as much as it pains me to say it, the UNSC would get stomped by the Republic. Especially if were talking post war as you say, when humanity has just been massacred almost to extinction by over 25 years of brutal war.

Now, if we throw in the Covenant alongside the UNSC, things even out a bit. But ultimately Star Wars still wins. Now, I'm by no means a hard core Star Wars fan, but from what I do know about the universe, their hyperspace technology, starship tech, Jedis, the force, etc, puts them a peg above the Covenant. I mean, just looking at Jedis, they're like the Spartans of Star Wars, except during the time of the Republic there were way more of them. I'd say UNSC+Covenant vs. The Republic plays out similar to how UNSC vs Covenant did in the Haloverse: It's a long war of attrition, but eventually, once the UNSC/Covenant gets worn down and The Republic has a chance to fully militarize, Star Wars pulls off the win.

Now, if were talking Star Wars vs Forerunners, then its a complete roflstomp win for the Forerunners. Even without the Halo rings. Even if you give Star Wars the Empire they still get owned. IMO that's probably the only time Halo would win a match up vs the Star Wars Universe. The Republic is a highly advanced galaxy-wide state. The UNSC/Covenant, which are of lower tech and who's control only encompasses the Orion Arm of the Milky Way galaxy, just couldn't stack up.
Quote:
You guys don't know the power of Star Wars. You underestimate them. Asymmetric warfare for UNSC, normal warfare for the forerunners.

The advantages the UNSC has are the huragoks, limited forerunner tech, Promethean weapons and Trevelyan. One does not simply destroy something that is not there in normal space. The mass shadow from trevelyan should be enough to majorly block hyperspace I'd guess. Huragoks could try and reverse engineer imperial technology. But it can only be done through asymmetric warfare, face to face, UNSC is severely outmatched, outgunned, outmanned.

You should take on supplies into consideration, something halo has in shield world 006.
Evacuate all to Trevelyan, fire the halos. and forget about the ridiculously over powered ships/tech that's in SW.

I've read enough of it to determine that the tech in SW is mind-boggling over powered.

Although Forerunners could probably take them on no problem.

And on a side note, if they could weaponize slipspace drives, they could easily take out any ship they want, you could have a ship plop a weaponized drive so when it transitions back to space, it's RIGHT next to the ship, and by that point it's already geared to go off and you'd get the same general thing from Reach.
Quote:
Post War UNSC has the Infinity.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Executor-class_Star_Dreadnought
http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/UNSC_Infinity

The Infinity is 5,6 kilometers while the Executor Star Destroyer is 19 kilometers, about 3,5 times bigger than the Infinity with the capacity to carry thousands of smaller ships and a crew of 280 000 (Infinity: 17 000). The Executor utilize over 5000 turbolasers, missile launchers and ion cannons (Infinity: 1980 exterior weapons total). I believe this would surely wreck the Infinity in battle.
Quote:
I've seen a few threads discussing this topic, in a more limited form, lately, so I thought I'd make one master thread so we don't end up with a bunch of smaller ones.

Basically we just debate which side would win in an all out war! There are a few rules though, for centralization purposes:
-The Star Wars faction consists of the Republic/Empire and the Confederacy/Rebellion.
-The Halo faction consists of both post-war humanity and mid-war Covenant.
-Don't worry about supplies, just compare the technology.

I think that covers it. If you feel like something should change, feel free to speak up.
Oh Lord, this is a tough one. I'm sorry, I call a draw.
Star Wars, and I mean the Empire by themselves would win. The UNSC would underestimate the power of the Force. The Death Star would obliterate their planet's in seconds and the stragglers would be destroyed or captured by the Empire' fleet. The UNSC has made tremendous improvement since the Human Covenant War, but Darth Vader could take out a squad of Spartans. The only reason the Rebellion won in the first place was because of the Force and luck. Humanity is lacking in the Force.
Quote:
Humanity is lacking in the Force.
That and the ICS has Acclamator heavy turbolasers at 200 giga-tons per bolt... and thats on a frigate.

http://arsdnet.net/ics.png
the ships in star wars are inferior in comparison to the Covenant plasma weaponry. The weapons in star wars are on par with the Spartan Laser. Basically any battleship class ship would not fair any better than any other star wars battle cruiser so the battle ships would be generally equal, However bullets aren't used in the star wars universe, and letting physical objects through is a star wars battleship weakness. And since UNSC use physical amunition, Spave naval warfare would easily fall to the UNSC battle prowess, and Elite warships that would vaporize many of their ground /air forces if utilizing the Advanced AI's that the humans in the UNSC have. The AI in the Star wars universe is downright atrocious in comparison to some of their technologies. the universes just do not sync up accordingly, I hate to rain on a star wars fanboy parade, but given movie canon, even moving a 1 ton object requires a considerable amount of strain on a jedi master, so Killing or stopping a Spartan II with the force would be near impossible, as 2 of them would be so damn heavy that theyd just get a bullet to the brain.

It's hands down victory to the UNSC/Elite Forces. the death star WOULD pose a problem I admit but in general the Star wars universe has such flip-flopping and nonsensicle weapons that it just doesn't really work out for them.
Quote:
the ships in star wars are inferior in comparison to the Covenant plasma weaponry. The weapons in star wars are on par with the Spartan Laser.
Look at my above post

Quote:
However bullets aren't used in the star wars universe, and letting physical objects through is a star wars battleship weakness.
False, there are bounty hunters and some primitive civilizations in Star Wars that use bullets or gauss like weapons. Also Executor's shields were unharmed by 3 STAR DESTROYERS crashing into it from hyperspace. -.-

Quote:
but given movie canon, even moving a 1 ton object requires a considerable amount of strain on a jedi master, so Killing or stopping a Spartan II with the force would be near impossible, as 2 of them would be so damn heavy that theyd just get a bullet to the brain.
Because Star Killer didn't stop a Star ship with the force.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RjuoTfUP3A

Quote:
It's hands down victory to the UNSC/Elite Forces. the death star WOULD pose a problem I admit but in general the Star wars universe has such flip-flopping and nonsensicle weapons that it just doesn't really work out for them.
Neither UNSC or Elites stand a chance against the major star wars factions without the help of Forerunners.
Quote:
Quote:
Humanity is lacking in the Force.
That and the ICS has Acclamator heavy turbolasers at 200 giga-tons per bolt... and thats on a frigate.

http://arsdnet.net/ics.png
Disregard, it is never shown in the movies or TV shows, Therefore not canon. Also, Yes movies and stuff do take priority over books and comics.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 120