8. ...
  9. 126
Halo for me.
1) Halo rings would just wipe everyone out
2) the flood
Halo for me.
1) Halo rings would just wipe everyone out
2) the flood
Who really wins though if everyone is dead/infected....?

I wouldn't call everyone from both universes being infected by the Flood a win for Halo.
I love that thread has been going on for 7 years (not sure if it was necroed but I went back a few pages and it seems still active.)

I am not sure a Jedi could withstand the Flood.
JB Linken wrote:
I love that thread has been going on for 7 years (not sure if it was necroed but I went back a few pages and it seems still active.)

I am not sure a Jedi could withstand the Flood.
Those little spore dudes are very sneaky, ya know? =]
I'm not as well versed in Star Wars lore as I would like to be, but the Forerunners (and Precursors) were practically at god-status. The Didact even had a little force-choke when he was facing off with the Chief in H4. Aside from the Death Star and any other iterations of planet sized weapons, I don't recall any major world building going on in the Star Wars universe. In Halo though, the Forerunners built two Arks, 19 rings (12 from the Greater and 7 from the lesser) not including the ones made long after they were dead (04b and 04c) and gone, there are Shield Worlds galore, and a total mastery of slip space (which is apparently faster than hyper space, even if a bit less predictable).

So even the biggest and most organized faction in Star Wars would run into some serious trouble fighting the biggest and most organized faction in Halo.

This isn't even considering the Flood.... is there any equal to the Flood in Star Wars?
JB Linken wrote:
It's just such an awesome topic that can be argued pretty much forever lol
JB Linken wrote:
It's just such an awesome topic that can be argued pretty much forever lol
It's because there's no way for either side to win, the topic is entirely subjective.There are several reasons for this:

1. Personal Perception of Tech: Especially if going by canon-only SW there is no way to compare the tech in Halo to the tech in Star Wars. It is all up to the viewer's imagination as little of the details that would matter in this even exist on either side. Using Legends there is a bit more, but still not a ton. You get people who believe Halo has much better tech than Star Wars and the other way around, and there is no way to prove one way or the other in 99% of situations.

2. Lack of Consensus on the "vs": The OP left it completely open so we have many debates within this thread debating different parts of Halo vs different parts of Star Wars. Is it each universe in its entirety? Republic vs UNSC? Empire vs Covenant and UNSC? Legends or Canon SW? No rules have been established so when people bring up the Flood, does it mean the Flood will attack SW but not hurt the UNSC or Covies? Is it a realistic scenario (one side invading the other), or something crazy (i.e. The Flood fighting alongside the rest of the Halo universe, or all timelines put together)? The combinations are nearly limitless

3. Lack of Knowledge on Each Side: There are a reasonable number of people on both sides who don't have much knowledge of the other side. They may be fans of both but their knowledge of each isn't equal. There are plenty of SW fans who like Halo but don't have as much Halo lore knowledge as SW. As this is a Halo forum I think this is usually the other way around, but there are still some for SW. The number of people who have a lot of knowledge of both sides is few.

Most of it comes down to that first point though. As these are two distinct sci-fi universes that do little to explain themselves in a way that one could satisfactorily compare them (i.e exactly how much kinetic damage can a Star Destroyer shield absorb? How powerful are the lasers/plasma they fire in comparison to the Covenant? How smart exactly are droids in comparison to Smart AI? How would Star Wars ships handle an attack by an AI? How large is the Empire's Armed Forces compared to the Covenant?) As these universes have never interacted in any official capacity, and these kind of minute details that may lay the debate to rest don't exist as its not really important to it's own existing franchise to know exactly how many vessels the Covenant has or how many worlds exactly are in the Empire or any of these very specific things.
It's because the Death Star took months to build. I'm just saying that while SW builds 1 Death Star is <number> months, the Forerunners could build 1 everyday, possibly many more.

Size DOES matter. The bigger the ship, the better the tech. That was the case with a CSO, that's the case with the Infinity and that's the case with the Mantle's Approach. I have some knowledge about Legends, but I think it's pretty bare bones compared to die hard Legends fans. BIT, I prefer some things from it, like the aftermath of the Galactic Civil War or Luke's Jedi Order, as they sound way more believable and interesting. Legends FTW.

It's because the Forerunners were just that crazy. They only lost because their military, which was under control of a single AI, was turned against them. But overall, they're just too overwhelming even for Legends.
Well, alongside the Forerunners, there's also Ancient Humanity, who were basically just as powerful as the Forerunners and only lost because they were fighting in two fronts. Actually, I believe that if they weren't fighting the Flood then the Humans would have won the war, even though there would likely be no war =P.
And of course, there's also the Precursors that defy all logic. They create, move and destroy Galaxies, they made the Star Roads, and can shape to any form they wish.
Oh, and just.... are you forgetting the Flood? The single most complicated parasite that destroyed both the Humans AND the Forerunners? The SW Galaxy would be a goldmine for the Flood.

Not really, and I'd give the same examples but I want to focus on the Mantle's Approach for this one. MAC rounds fired from ODPs were literally tickles to it. No effect whatsoever. And the Infinity's SMACs MIRACULOUSLY managed to penetrate it's shields, yet barely made any real damage that was repaired right away. And I'll remind you that MACs are ship killers. Now, yes, I'm comparing ODPs and the Infinity to a Forerunner WARship, but it's to give out an example of "the bigger, the badder".

And is there anything in the SW Universe, both Cannon and Legends, that has anything remotely close to the Flood? I can't remember a thing, and I have knowledge of some zombie-type creatures in SW.
Yes, the Yuzhan Vong is crazy, and it required both the Empire and Rebels to unite... but so was the Flood, even crazier actually. But alongside the Forerunners, there's Ancient Humanity. 2 Forerunner factions, basically. I won't include both the Precursors or the Flood in here. Just these two would be, maybe, more than enough.
I didn't say that. I said that the Ancient Humans could've beat the FORERUNNERS if they weren't fighting the Flood. BUT that it was also MY belief.
In what way did both of those Empires set themselves apart? What makes you believe they would beat a specie that's basically at Tier 0?

The thing that despite being weak fire still put it out? Even with the Forerunners using incineration methods, they still barely helped, and basically EVERY gun they used had extreme heat properties.
And what plague was that?
Those worms would be useless. And yes, I watched that episode.
Infinite Empire I feel like I already talked about in somewhat detail, and the Eternal Empire was very powerful it once again took Jedi and Sith and Mandarians and also traitors of the Eternal Empire to take them out fully. It had a very powerful fleet that could be beat back a republic military that is more powerful than what we see in the Clone Wars Era. Eternal Empire also had insane levels of power with the force that once again just makes Star Wars Legends force abilities are just dumb.

AND I disagree with you on the worms man those worms could just sneak into camps of the UNSC or even the covenant. Also keep in mind that in the arc some of the soldiers could hide the fact that their being controlled and it was also a pain to take out someone who was controlled by one. If you remember Anakin and Obi Wan both commented how it almost impossible to keep take them out.

And the plague I was talking about was from Death Troopers a Legends novel that released at 2009. Not really a plague, and I didn't feel like typing infected when I was trying to talk about Death Troopers.
Any reliable source for the Eternal Empire? I still seem to struggle to understand the it's overall strength.

I mean, ok, but would it really have any impact in the great scheme? I mean, it looks like it spreads very slowly, actually, too slowly to really be anything major in my opinion.

Well, oddly enough, Death Troopers are actually canon. And no, I don't mean the QUISAYHCAIJON ones. I mean the actual zombie dudes. It was thanks to a game I don't remember now, but it's one where we would command... Delta Squad, I believe (not Republic Commando).
Still, it was more or less the stereotypical zombie everyone is familiar with, except that they could absorve knowledge from hosts and use it (sounds like this is just becoming a staple).
I'm talking the about the novel about the Death Troopers being Legends, and the game your talking about I never heard of before that wasn't RC. But yeah the only canon Death Troopers are actual soldiers from Rogue One . Anyway there is a lot of zombie or undead (whatever you want to call them) in both canon and legend, so it doesn't really matter. Plus I was just answering your question about is there anything like the Flood in Star Wars.

Anyway the Eternal Empire is from the game Star Wars The Old Republic which later turns into the Eternal Alliance. And yes Star Wars The Old Republic is legends. And the overall strength isn't really clear since when they were basically beating everyone in the galaxy the player's character was basically knocked out.
It's because the Death Star took months to build. I'm just saying that while SW builds 1 Death Star is <number> months, the Forerunners could build 1 everyday, possibly many more.

Size DOES matter. The bigger the ship, the better the tech. That was the case with a CSO, that's the case with the Infinity and that's the case with the Mantle's Approach. I have some knowledge about Legends, but I think it's pretty bare bones compared to die hard Legends fans. BIT, I prefer some things from it, like the aftermath of the Galactic Civil War or Luke's Jedi Order, as they sound way more believable and interesting. Legends FTW.

It's because the Forerunners were just that crazy. They only lost because their military, which was under control of a single AI, was turned against them. But overall, they're just too overwhelming even for Legends.
Well, alongside the Forerunners, there's also Ancient Humanity, who were basically just as powerful as the Forerunners and only lost because they were fighting in two fronts. Actually, I believe that if they weren't fighting the Flood then the Humans would have won the war, even though there would likely be no war =P.
And of course, there's also the Precursors that defy all logic. They create, move and destroy Galaxies, they made the Star Roads, and can shape to any form they wish.
Oh, and just.... are you forgetting the Flood? The single most complicated parasite that destroyed both the Humans AND the Forerunners? The SW Galaxy would be a goldmine for the Flood.

Not really, and I'd give the same examples but I want to focus on the Mantle's Approach for this one. MAC rounds fired from ODPs were literally tickles to it. No effect whatsoever. And the Infinity's SMACs MIRACULOUSLY managed to penetrate it's shields, yet barely made any real damage that was repaired right away. And I'll remind you that MACs are ship killers. Now, yes, I'm comparing ODPs and the Infinity to a Forerunner WARship, but it's to give out an example of "the bigger, the badder".

And is there anything in the SW Universe, both Cannon and Legends, that has anything remotely close to the Flood? I can't remember a thing, and I have knowledge of some zombie-type creatures in SW.
Yes, the Yuzhan Vong is crazy, and it required both the Empire and Rebels to unite... but so was the Flood, even crazier actually. But alongside the Forerunners, there's Ancient Humanity. 2 Forerunner factions, basically. I won't include both the Precursors or the Flood in here. Just these two would be, maybe, more than enough.
I didn't say that. I said that the Ancient Humans could've beat the FORERUNNERS if they weren't fighting the Flood. BUT that it was also MY belief.
In what way did both of those Empires set themselves apart? What makes you believe they would beat a specie that's basically at Tier 0?

The thing that despite being weak fire still put it out? Even with the Forerunners using incineration methods, they still barely helped, and basically EVERY gun they used had extreme heat properties.
Any reliable source for the Eternal Empire? I still seem to struggle to understand the it's overall strength.

I mean, ok, but would it really have any impact in the great scheme? I mean, it looks like it spreads very slowly, actually, too slowly to really be anything major in my opinion.

Well, oddly enough, Death Troopers are actually canon. And no, I don't mean the QUISAYHCAIJON ones. I mean the actual zombie dudes. It was thanks to a game I don't remember now, but it's one where we would command... Delta Squad, I believe (not Republic Commando).
Still, it was more or less the stereotypical zombie everyone is familiar with, except that they could absorve knowledge from hosts and use it (sounds like this is just becoming a staple).
I'm talking the about the novel about the Death Troopers being Legends, and the game your talking about I never heard of before that wasn't RC. But yeah the only canon Death Troopers are actual soldiers from Rogue One . Anyway there is a lot of zombie or undead (whatever you want to call them) in both canon and legend, so it doesn't really matter. Plus I was just answering your question about is there anything like the Flood in Star Wars.

Anyway the Eternal Empire is from the game Star Wars The Old Republic which later turns into the Eternal Alliance. And yes Star Wars The Old Republic is legends. And the overall strength isn't really clear since when they were basically beating everyone in the galaxy the player's character was basically knocked out.
I assure you, there's a SW game that is canon and contains the Blackwing Death Troopers. They're totally canon. I just did a quick search and apparently it was in an unexpected game: Star Wars: Galaxy At War.

Ahh, the Old Republic. How could I have forgotten about that?

I assure you, there's a SW game that is canon and contains the Blackwing Death Troopers. They're totally canon. I just did a quick search and apparently it was in an unexpected game: Star Wars: Galaxy At War.

Galaxy at War is a mod for a game called Men of War: Assault Squad 2. You can literally look in the description of the video you linked or do a quick Bing/Google search. Not canon

Galaxy at War is a mod for a game called Men of War: Assault Squad 2. You can literally look in the description of the video you linked or do a quick Bing/Google search. Not canon
I surely remember seeing Blackwing Death Troopers being canon. I'll have to take a look at this.

Alright cool I'll check that out.

And honestly, I don't blame you on forgetting SWTOR it wasn't that good of a MMO.

I surely remember seeing Blackwing Death Troopers being canon. I'll have to take a look at this.
Used to be, but I'm pretty sure they haven't been since the novels Death Troopers and Red Harvest were made Legends

Used to be, but I'm pretty sure they haven't been since the novels Death Troopers and Red Harvest were made Legends
Actually... Zombie Death Troopers made an appearance in Star Wars Commander, an empire-building app, so they may still be canon after all.
Star Wars: Death Star! Death Star! Get your very own Death Star with guaranteed market crash after destruction.

Halo: Hold my beer! Today for the low low price of a couple million credits well sell you our proven and very successful Nova Bomb. Please note that upon purchasing our Nova Bomb we don't accept returns or exchanges. We are not responsible collateral damage in case of use.

Actually... Zombie Death Troopers made an appearance in Star Wars Commander, an empire-building app, so they may still be canon after all.
You are correct. Star Wars: Commander is a canon game and The Sickness/Project Blackwing that appears in it is also canon. It is hard to tell the specifics of the virus as Death Troopers and Red Harvest continue to be Legends and Commander doesn't go much into the details of the virus or its origin, other than a basic Imperial origin premise that is similar to that of Death Troopers

You are correct. Star Wars: Commander is a canon game and The Sickness/Project Blackwing that appears in it is also canon. It is hard to tell the specifics of the virus as Death Troopers and Red Harvest continue to be Legends and Commander doesn't go much into the details of the virus or its origin, other than a basic Imperial origin premise that is similar to that of Death Troopers
It's likely something similar. They wanted immortality and the experiment goes very wrong. This is the Legends origin, but I feel it's also canon. But I feel we're getting off-topic now.

It's likely something similar. They wanted immortality and the experiment goes very wrong. This is the Legends origin, but I feel it's also canon. But I feel we're getting off-topic now.
Like I said, that was more or less the "Imperial" origin (the Sickness was actually thousands of years old and had a Force-based plant origin at the time of The Old Republic. The additional lore provided in Red Harvest made the virus seem much smarter and more serious as opposed to what we got in Death Troopers or Commander.

Its not entirely off-topic as we were comparing the Sickness to the Flood. Legends Sickness, though not as widespread, could've possible gone toe-to-toe with the Flood as it was smart and sentient. Current, canon Sickness, IDK.

Like I said, that was more or less the "Imperial" origin (the Sickness was actually thousands of years old and had a Force-based plant origin at the time of The Old Republic. The additional lore provided in Red Harvest made the virus seem much smarter and more serious as opposed to what we got in Death Troopers or Commander.

Its not entirely off-topic as we were comparing the Sickness to the Flood. Legends Sickness, though not as widespread, could've possible gone toe-to-toe with the Flood as it was smart and sentient. Current, canon Sickness, IDK.
Fair enough.
The Flood is on a whole other level though. They can spread ridiculously fast and are made from minds of the Gods who created the Galaxy. Similarly, it's intelligence is one of, if not, their most dangerous weapon. Like, they can make you commit suicide just by knowing their origins. Blackwing Death Troopers would be a cakewalk as they're essentially regular walking-dead-like zombies.

Fair enough.
The Flood is on a whole other level though. They can spread ridiculously fast and are made from minds of the Gods who created the Galaxy. Similarly, it's intelligence is one of, if not, their most dangerous weapon. Like, they can make you commit suicide just by knowing their origins. Blackwing Death Troopers would be a cakewalk as they're essentially regular walking-dead-like zombies.
Again, it depends on if you're looking at canon or Legends. Legends Sickness is Force-based (i.e. Gods that created the Galaxy lol) its intelligence is its most dangerous weapon, and like the Flood it enhances your speed and strength. Even canon Sickness, based on what I've read can do that. The Scout Undead Trooper is fast-moving, and the Heavy has a ton of strength and health. In neither Canon or Legends is the Sickness simply just boring "walking-dead-like zombies". Especially, when it infects Force users.

The main thing the Flood has going for it over the Sickness (in both Canon and Legends) is an example of spreading throughout the Galaxy. This I attribute more to the Sickness not being allowed to interfere with established Canon too greatly however, not to it necessarily being less potent. Halo was created with the Flood being an integral part of the Universe, Star Wars was not with the Sickness. The authors and game devs who have incorporated the Sickness into Star Wars have not been allowed to have it interfere too much and so have had to incorporate reasons for it not being able to spread (i.e unable to leave a planet as there is no transportation away, needed to be close to "ground zero", or a coordinated Empire and Rebel attempt to quell the outbreak succeeding).

Fair enough.
Again, it depends on if you're looking at canon or Legends. Legends Sickness is Force-based (i.e. Gods that created the Galaxy lol) its intelligence is its most dangerous weapon, and like the Flood it enhances your speed and strength. Even canon Sickness, based on what I've read can do that. The Scout Undead Trooper is fast-moving, and the Heavy has a ton of strength and health. In neither Canon or Legends is the Sickness simply just boring "walking-dead-like zombies". Especially, when it infects Force users.
But we've seen no feats. They're literally stuck in a ship just floating around in space. The Flood managed to convert an ultra-intelligent FORERUNNER AI when it the one being interrogated. And with their intelligence, they managed to make Precursor-based enhancements to it's slipspace drive in order to arrive at the Ark on time FROM MARS.

So? If they're force-based, they're likely a disadvantage, depending if the Flood have converted trained force-wielders. If the Flood can telepathically speak to Chief and even kill his vital signs from the sensors (despite him being clearly alive and healthy), then the Force is just an extension to their already amazing telepathic abilities.

My bad on that "Walking-dead" thing though.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 117
  4. 118
  5. 119
  6. 120
  7. 121
  8. ...
  9. 126