Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Halo vs. Star Wars | Who would win?

OP M0aHerder

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 119
  4. 120
  5. 121
  6. 122
  7. 123
  8. ...
  9. 126
Absolutely no doubt. Star Wars would win. I've been the biggest Star Wars fan all my life, but I know enough abour Halo to understand it. Especially with Legends, Star Wars wins. Boba Fett in Legends in one of the most OP characters ever, and don't forget we have the Yuuzhan Vong. If it was the entirety of Star Wars vs Halo, Star Wars wins easily. Anakin, Revan, hundreds or thousands of clone troopers, all cloned from the most feared bounty hunter at the time. Jango Fett. Just saying, Halo is no match. Don't forget that Mandalorians' armor is made of beskar, a metal that can withstand direct lightsaber hits. Easy K/O for Star Wars.
If we're including all eras, then Halo wins. No one in the SW Universe can ever match up to the power of the Forerunners. A mere mining ship is capable of destroying and building a planet, at least last I checked in Cryptum. The Mantle's Approach isn't even their biggest or best warship. The Fortress-class is a good example, being a 100km warship. Their ships are also made out of metal that can regenerate itself, pretty much as shown in some Halo 5 maps. Additionally, the ships can restructure themselves to maybe reinforce a damaged section, as shown in Halo 4.

The Yuuzhan Vong would probably be the Flood's favorite course, given literally everything is organic, including their ships.

Force users would be mostly unable to do anything against a skilled swordsman, especially a Spartan. The Force is useless since it can only affect things made within it's Galaxy. Spartans being fast and having lightning-fast reactions could outmatch a Force user.

Jango may have been feared and may have been the best, but not all Clones live up to such name because they're raised differently and taught different things, otherwise, they'd absolutely destroy the CoIS in every battle.
And not everyone has Beskar armor. If all you have to do to defeat a Stormtrooper is throw a rock at his head, then bullets or plasma would do that job wonderfully (and you can thank RotJ for that).
it depends because are we comparing Fleet power or ground forces power if its Fleet power then Star wars but if were talking ground forces power then Halo because of the Promethean's,Flood,Spartans,covenant,and the Front
FRGWhisper wrote:
it depends because are we comparing Fleet power or ground forces power if its Fleet power then Star wars but if were talking ground forces power then Halo because of the Promethean's,Flood,Spartans,covenant,and the Front
Forerunner civilian mining ships have a destructive potential equal to the Death Stars, but doing one better, the Forerunner mining ships harvest the useful elements from the exploded planets and can use the remaining materials to build new planets.

Even the Covenant can glass a planet from pole to pole, boiling away the oceans in a single hour, using only 36 ships, showing greater firepower than the Empire's Star Destroyers.

And then there's the Halos, that can be tuned to affect only certain types of life, and for their effective radius to be reduced to as little as within a stellar system, or as large as 25,000 light years, and when they're fired, they don't purge the life on them, so the Halos could absolutely be used tactically without wiping out their own forces.

Above all of that, the Precursors had Star Roads, indestructible bands that could hold or move planets and stars, as well as crush them, and the Star Roads were utterly immune to conventional weaponry, because they were made from the manifest willpower of the Precursors.
I’m sorry guys, but I gotta say Star Wars. Halo might have a lot of cool stuff, but depending on the time point, Star Wars has the Sith or the Separatist and the Republic, the Empire and the Rebellion, or the First Order and the Resistance, all of which have super powerful wizards such as Dooku, Palpatine, Maul, Vader, the Inquisitors, Kyle Ren, Obi Wan, Yoda, Luke, Rey, and if it’s the Republic, the entire Jedi Order, all of whom not only can block bullets, but also have the Force, and massive fleets of ships and fighters, giving the Halo universe a huge disadvantage. So, sadly, I’d have to give this to Star Wars.
Kronutus wrote:
I’m sorry guys, but I gotta say Star Wars. Halo might have a lot of cool stuff, but depending on the time point, Star Wars has the Sith or the Separatist and the Republic, the Empire and the Rebellion, or the First Order and the Resistance, all of which have super powerful wizards such as Dooku, Palpatine, Maul, Vader, the Inquisitors, Kyle Ren, Obi Wan, Yoda, Luke, Rey, and if it’s the Republic, the entire Jedi Order, all of whom not only can block bullets, but also have the Force, and massive fleets of ships and fighters, giving the Halo universe a huge disadvantage. So, sadly, I’d have to give this to Star Wars.
But:
  1. That's canon material we're talking about, which is Star Wars at it's weakest;
  2. The Force is useless. It was useless on the Yuuzhan Vong, it's useless against the entire Halo Universe, because the Force can only affect users and things made within the Galaxy we all know;
  3. Seeing how the Force is useless, the Jedi will have far more difficulty in battles than what we see in media. Not only is predicting bullets harder, but bullets aren't flying glowsticks. Additionally, a trained Spartan, who already has inhuman capabilities, could very well outmatch a Force user;
  4. Ships in SW Universe may not have that much of an edge as you think. In ESB, a Star Destroyer was destroyed due to an asteroid hitting the bridge. This pretty much says that their shields aren't optimized against kinetic rounds, making UNSC ships a real pain for SW ships;
  5. AND, since you've included all 3 major eras (of canon, at least), it's only fair that we include the major eras of Halo as well, so: The Forerunner era. It's an auto-win. A mere mining ship is capable of destroying and building a planet. Forerunner metal can also regenerate, given that Forerunner structures in Halo 5 repairs itself from damage. Additionally, the Mantle's Approach has ridiculous defensive and offensive systems. If a blow manages to penetrate it's ridiculous shields and hit the hull, the structure can just relocate and reinforce the damaged section, as seen in Halo 4. And, if that wasn't enough, the Mantle's Approach isn't even close to being neither the biggest nor the strongest of Forerunner warships.
So really, unless we go with Legends, SW canon is stomped hard. Even then, the Forerunners could very well exist within the Legends Universe and they'd be fine.
JNDreher wrote:
FRGWhisper wrote:
it depends because are we comparing Fleet power or ground forces power if its Fleet power then Star wars but if were talking ground forces power then Halo because of the Promethean's,Flood,Spartans,covenant,and the Front
Forerunner civilian mining ships have a destructive potential equal to the Death Stars, but doing one better, the Forerunner mining ships harvest the useful elements from the exploded planets and can use the remaining materials to build new planets.

Even the Covenant can glass a planet from pole to pole, boiling away the oceans in a single hour, using only 36 ships, showing greater firepower than the Empire's Star Destroyers.

And then there's the Halos, that can be tuned to affect only certain types of life, and for their effective radius to be reduced to as little as within a stellar system, or as large as 25,000 light years, and when they're fired, they don't purge the life on them, so the Halos could absolutely be used tactically without wiping out their own forces.

Above all of that, the Precursors had Star Roads, indestructible bands that could hold or move planets and stars, as well as crush them, and the Star Roads were utterly immune to conventional weaponry, because they were made from the manifest willpower of the Precursors.
actually you are wrong about the halos the halos are set to wipe out all of life meaning humans covenant and pretty much any living thing so if the halos were activated neither side would win
FRGWhisper wrote:
JNDreher wrote:
FRGWhisper wrote:
it depends because are we comparing Fleet power or ground forces power if its Fleet power then Star wars but if were talking ground forces power then Halo because of the Promethean's,Flood,Spartans,covenant,and the Front
Forerunner civilian mining ships have a destructive potential equal to the Death Stars, but doing one better, the Forerunner mining ships harvest the useful elements from the exploded planets and can use the remaining materials to build new planets.

Even the Covenant can glass a planet from pole to pole, boiling away the oceans in a single hour, using only 36 ships, showing greater firepower than the Empire's Star Destroyers.

And then there's the Halos, that can be tuned to affect only certain types of life, and for their effective radius to be reduced to as little as within a stellar system, or as large as 25,000 light years, and when they're fired, they don't purge the life on them, so the Halos could absolutely be used tactically without wiping out their own forces.

Above all of that, the Precursors had Star Roads, indestructible bands that could hold or move planets and stars, as well as crush them, and the Star Roads were utterly immune to conventional weaponry, because they were made from the manifest willpower of the Precursors.
actually you are wrong about the halos the halos are set to wipe out all of life meaning humans covenant and pretty much any living thing so if the halos were activated neither side would win
You need to re-read the novels. The Halos' test firings only affected individual star systems, and didn't kill the people on the rings that fired. Also, it is explicitely mentioned that some Forerunners were angry at the idea that the Halos would be tuned to wipe out all life within their area of effect, because they could be tuned more specifically, and being tuned to kill everything was seen as a violation of the Mantle by some.

You should also realize that in a battle between galaxies, weapons that affect a 25,000 light year radius, even fired to maximum potential, would still only wipe out one galaxy in a firing, so the other galaxy would be completely fine.
JNDreher wrote:
FRGWhisper wrote:
JNDreher wrote:
FRGWhisper wrote:
it depends because are we comparing Fleet power or ground forces power if its Fleet power then Star wars but if were talking ground forces power then Halo because of the Promethean's,Flood,Spartans,covenant,and the Front
Forerunner civilian mining ships have a destructive potential equal to the Death Stars, but doing one better, the Forerunner mining ships harvest the useful elements from the exploded planets and can use the remaining materials to build new planets.

Even the Covenant can glass a planet from pole to pole, boiling away the oceans in a single hour, using only 36 ships, showing greater firepower than the Empire's Star Destroyers.

And then there's the Halos, that can be tuned to affect only certain types of life, and for their effective radius to be reduced to as little as within a stellar system, or as large as 25,000 light years, and when they're fired, they don't purge the life on them, so the Halos could absolutely be used tactically without wiping out their own forces.

Above all of that, the Precursors had Star Roads, indestructible bands that could hold or move planets and stars, as well as crush them, and the Star Roads were utterly immune to conventional weaponry, because they were made from the manifest willpower of the Precursors.
actually you are wrong about the halos the halos are set to wipe out all of life meaning humans covenant and pretty much any living thing so if the halos were activated neither side would win
You need to re-read the novels. The Halos' test firings only affected individual star systems, and didn't kill the people on the rings that fired. Also, it is explicitely mentioned that some Forerunners were angry at the idea that the Halos would be tuned to wipe out all life within their area of effect, because they could be tuned more specifically, and being tuned to kill everything was seen as a violation of the Mantle by some.

You should also realize that in a battle between galaxies, weapons that affect a 25,000 light year radius, even fired to maximum potential, would still only wipe out one galaxy in a firing, so the other galaxy would be completely fine.
No it didnt it says mutiple times in the games that the Halo rings were set to kill all of the Floods food which is all existence i dont need to re-read anything u need to re-play the games and listen to the dialog
FRGWhisper wrote:
JNDreher wrote:
FRGWhisper wrote:
JNDreher wrote:
FRGWhisper wrote:
it depends because are we comparing Fleet power or ground forces power if its Fleet power then Star wars but if were talking ground forces power then Halo because of the Promethean's,Flood,Spartans,covenant,and the Front
Forerunner civilian mining ships have a destructive potential equal to the Death Stars, but doing one better, the Forerunner mining ships harvest the useful elements from the exploded planets and can use the remaining materials to build new planets.

Even the Covenant can glass a planet from pole to pole, boiling away the oceans in a single hour, using only 36 ships, showing greater firepower than the Empire's Star Destroyers.

And then there's the Halos, that can be tuned to affect only certain types of life, and for their effective radius to be reduced to as little as within a stellar system, or as large as 25,000 light years, and when they're fired, they don't purge the life on them, so the Halos could absolutely be used tactically without wiping out their own forces.

Above all of that, the Precursors had Star Roads, indestructible bands that could hold or move planets and stars, as well as crush them, and the Star Roads were utterly immune to conventional weaponry, because they were made from the manifest willpower of the Precursors.
actually you are wrong about the halos the halos are set to wipe out all of life meaning humans covenant and pretty much any living thing so if the halos were activated neither side would win
You need to re-read the novels. The Halos' test firings only affected individual star systems, and didn't kill the people on the rings that fired. Also, it is explicitely mentioned that some Forerunners were angry at the idea that the Halos would be tuned to wipe out all life within their area of effect, because they could be tuned more specifically, and being tuned to kill everything was seen as a violation of the Mantle by some.

You should also realize that in a battle between galaxies, weapons that affect a 25,000 light year radius, even fired to maximum potential, would still only wipe out one galaxy in a firing, so the other galaxy would be completely fine.
No it didnt it says mutiple times in the games that the Halo rings were set to kill all of the Floods food which is all existence i dont need to re-read anything u need to re-play the games and listen to the dialog
Dialogue in the games isn't a good source to follow though. An example is the infamous "Halo doesn't kill the Flood, it kills it's food." This statement is only half-right (and outdated). The Halos target the nervous system of a living being. As long as it has that system, it's vulnerable to it's effects.
EDIT: Even then, this info I just shared could very well be outdated as well. Just need confirmation.
FRGWhisper wrote:
JNDreher wrote:
FRGWhisper wrote:
JNDreher wrote:
FRGWhisper wrote:
it depends because are we comparing Fleet power or ground forces power if its Fleet power then Star wars but if were talking ground forces power then Halo because of the Promethean's,Flood,Spartans,covenant,and the Front
Forerunner civilian mining ships have a destructive potential equal to the Death Stars, but doing one better, the Forerunner mining ships harvest the useful elements from the exploded planets and can use the remaining materials to build new planets.

Even the Covenant can glass a planet from pole to pole, boiling away the oceans in a single hour, using only 36 ships, showing greater firepower than the Empire's Star Destroyers.

And then there's the Halos, that can be tuned to affect only certain types of life, and for their effective radius to be reduced to as little as within a stellar system, or as large as 25,000 light years, and when they're fired, they don't purge the life on them, so the Halos could absolutely be used tactically without wiping out their own forces.

Above all of that, the Precursors had Star Roads, indestructible bands that could hold or move planets and stars, as well as crush them, and the Star Roads were utterly immune to conventional weaponry, because they were made from the manifest willpower of the Precursors.
actually you are wrong about the halos the halos are set to wipe out all of life meaning humans covenant and pretty much any living thing so if the halos were activated neither side would win
You need to re-read the novels. The Halos' test firings only affected individual star systems, and didn't kill the people on the rings that fired. Also, it is explicitely mentioned that some Forerunners were angry at the idea that the Halos would be tuned to wipe out all life within their area of effect, because they could be tuned more specifically, and being tuned to kill everything was seen as a violation of the Mantle by some.

You should also realize that in a battle between galaxies, weapons that affect a 25,000 light year radius, even fired to maximum potential, would still only wipe out one galaxy in a firing, so the other galaxy would be completely fine.
No it didnt it says mutiple times in the games that the Halo rings were set to kill all of the Floods food which is all existence i dont need to re-read anything u need to re-play the games and listen to the dialog
Dialogue in the games isn't a good source to follow though. An example is the infamous "Halo doesn't kill the Flood, it kills it's food." This statement is only half-right (and outdated). The Halos target the nervous system of a living being. As long as it has that system, it's vulnerable to it's effects.
EDIT: Even then, this info I just shared could very well be outdated as well. Just need confirmation.
that basically what i said still hes wrong u cant just set the rings to target a specific group of people
FRGWhisper wrote:
FRGWhisper wrote:
JNDreher wrote:
FRGWhisper wrote:
JNDreher wrote:
FRGWhisper wrote:
it depends because are we comparing Fleet power or ground forces power if its Fleet power then Star wars but if were talking ground forces power then Halo because of the Promethean's,Flood,Spartans,covenant,and the Front
Forerunner civilian mining ships have a destructive potential equal to the Death Stars, but doing one better, the Forerunner mining ships harvest the useful elements from the exploded planets and can use the remaining materials to build new planets.

Even the Covenant can glass a planet from pole to pole, boiling away the oceans in a single hour, using only 36 ships, showing greater firepower than the Empire's Star Destroyers.

And then there's the Halos, that can be tuned to affect only certain types of life, and for their effective radius to be reduced to as little as within a stellar system, or as large as 25,000 light years, and when they're fired, they don't purge the life on them, so the Halos could absolutely be used tactically without wiping out their own forces.

Above all of that, the Precursors had Star Roads, indestructible bands that could hold or move planets and stars, as well as crush them, and the Star Roads were utterly immune to conventional weaponry, because they were made from the manifest willpower of the Precursors.
actually you are wrong about the halos the halos are set to wipe out all of life meaning humans covenant and pretty much any living thing so if the halos were activated neither side would win
You need to re-read the novels. The Halos' test firings only affected individual star systems, and didn't kill the people on the rings that fired. Also, it is explicitely mentioned that some Forerunners were angry at the idea that the Halos would be tuned to wipe out all life within their area of effect, because they could be tuned more specifically, and being tuned to kill everything was seen as a violation of the Mantle by some.

You should also realize that in a battle between galaxies, weapons that affect a 25,000 light year radius, even fired to maximum potential, would still only wipe out one galaxy in a firing, so the other galaxy would be completely fine.
No it didnt it says mutiple times in the games that the Halo rings were set to kill all of the Floods food which is all existence i dont need to re-read anything u need to re-play the games and listen to the dialog
Dialogue in the games isn't a good source to follow though. An example is the infamous "Halo doesn't kill the Flood, it kills it's food." This statement is only half-right (and outdated). The Halos target the nervous system of a living being. As long as it has that system, it's vulnerable to it's effects.
EDIT: Even then, this info I just shared could very well be outdated as well. Just need confirmation.
that basically what i said still hes wrong u cant just set the rings to target a specific group of people
And where's the source supporting it can't? CE doesn't count because it has outdated information. Halopedia, JNDreher and pretty much everyone with knowledge on this regard will tell you the same thing.
The example I gave was never explained in the games though. It was a book. Even then, that same example dates years and could very well be obsolete (until I receive confirmation again), just like your argument that they can't target specific races. New lore is written and the old retconned. What I told is merely a bit of what a Halo can do.
FRGWhisper wrote:
JNDreher wrote:
FRGWhisper wrote:
JNDreher wrote:
FRGWhisper wrote:
it depends because are we comparing Fleet power or ground forces power if its Fleet power then Star wars but if were talking ground forces power then Halo because of the Promethean's,Flood,Spartans,covenant,and the Front
Forerunner civilian mining ships have a destructive potential equal to the Death Stars, but doing one better, the Forerunner mining ships harvest the useful elements from the exploded planets and can use the remaining materials to build new planets.

Even the Covenant can glass a planet from pole to pole, boiling away the oceans in a single hour, using only 36 ships, showing greater firepower than the Empire's Star Destroyers.

And then there's the Halos, that can be tuned to affect only certain types of life, and for their effective radius to be reduced to as little as within a stellar system, or as large as 25,000 light years, and when they're fired, they don't purge the life on them, so the Halos could absolutely be used tactically without wiping out their own forces.

Above all of that, the Precursors had Star Roads, indestructible bands that could hold or move planets and stars, as well as crush them, and the Star Roads were utterly immune to conventional weaponry, because they were made from the manifest willpower of the Precursors.
actually you are wrong about the halos the halos are set to wipe out all of life meaning humans covenant and pretty much any living thing so if the halos were activated neither side would win
You need to re-read the novels. The Halos' test firings only affected individual star systems, and didn't kill the people on the rings that fired. Also, it is explicitely mentioned that some Forerunners were angry at the idea that the Halos would be tuned to wipe out all life within their area of effect, because they could be tuned more specifically, and being tuned to kill everything was seen as a violation of the Mantle by some.

You should also realize that in a battle between galaxies, weapons that affect a 25,000 light year radius, even fired to maximum potential, would still only wipe out one galaxy in a firing, so the other galaxy would be completely fine.
No it didnt it says mutiple times in the games that the Halo rings were set to kill all of the Floods food which is all existence i dont need to re-read anything u need to re-play the games and listen to the dialog
The novels are official Halo lore, the same as the games. Much of the information about the Forerunners in the games is partial or misunderstood (unreliable narrator), and the novels give a more complete understanding.
The Halos kill everything when they're fired BECAUSE that's how the Forerunners had them tuned when they were last used. That doesn't preclude them from being tuned down as they canonically have been in the past.
It seems clear that you need to read the books the first time, and then re--Yoinks!- your understanding of the lore. When you've only played the games and you try to tell someone who's delved deep into all of the lore that they're wrong, you're the equivalent of a pre-algebra student telling a calculus student that their math is wrong, because they're using symbols that aren't in pre-algebra.

Ex: watch Halo Nightfall. On the ruined Halo Ring, there's an element left over from the Halo's tuning/targeting that in its current state selectively ONLY kills humans, which is no surprise to anyone who has actually delved into Halo lore.
JNDreher wrote:
FRGWhisper wrote:
JNDreher wrote:
FRGWhisper wrote:
JNDreher wrote:
FRGWhisper wrote:
it depends because are we comparing Fleet power or ground forces power if its Fleet power then Star wars but if were talking ground forces power then Halo because of the Promethean's,Flood,Spartans,covenant,and the Front
Forerunner civilian mining ships have a destructive potential equal to the Death Stars, but doing one better, the Forerunner mining ships harvest the useful elements from the exploded planets and can use the remaining materials to build new planets.

Even the Covenant can glass a planet from pole to pole, boiling away the oceans in a single hour, using only 36 ships, showing greater firepower than the Empire's Star Destroyers.

And then there's the Halos, that can be tuned to affect only certain types of life, and for their effective radius to be reduced to as little as within a stellar system, or as large as 25,000 light years, and when they're fired, they don't purge the life on them, so the Halos could absolutely be used tactically without wiping out their own forces.

Above all of that, the Precursors had Star Roads, indestructible bands that could hold or move planets and stars, as well as crush them, and the Star Roads were utterly immune to conventional weaponry, because they were made from the manifest willpower of the Precursors.
actually you are wrong about the halos the halos are set to wipe out all of life meaning humans covenant and pretty much any living thing so if the halos were activated neither side would win
You need to re-read the novels. The Halos' test firings only affected individual star systems, and didn't kill the people on the rings that fired. Also, it is explicitely mentioned that some Forerunners were angry at the idea that the Halos would be tuned to wipe out all life within their area of effect, because they could be tuned more specifically, and being tuned to kill everything was seen as a violation of the Mantle by some.

You should also realize that in a battle between galaxies, weapons that affect a 25,000 light year radius, even fired to maximum potential, would still only wipe out one galaxy in a firing, so the other galaxy would be completely fine.
No it didnt it says mutiple times in the games that the Halo rings were set to kill all of the Floods food which is all existence i dont need to re-read anything u need to re-play the games and listen to the dialog
The novels are official Halo lore, the same as the games. Much of the information about the Forerunners in the games is partial or misunderstood (unreliable narrator), and the novels give a more complete understanding.

It seems clear that you need to read the books the first time, and then re--Yoinks!- your understanding of the lore. When you've only played the games and you try to tell someone who's delved deep into all of the lore that they're wrong, you're the equivalent of a pre-algebra student telling a calculus student that their math is wrong, because they're using symbols that aren't in pre-algebra.
Couldn't agree more. It's sad that we have to deal with such ignorance in a majority of topics. Especially certain posters who post blatant inaccuracies and pass them off as fact.
FRGWhisper wrote:
FRGWhisper wrote:
JNDreher wrote:
FRGWhisper wrote:
JNDreher wrote:
FRGWhisper wrote:
it depends because are we comparing Fleet power or ground forces power if its Fleet power then Star wars but if were talking ground forces power then Halo because of the Promethean's,Flood,Spartans,covenant,and the Front
Forerunner civilian mining ships have a destructive potential equal to the Death Stars, but doing one better, the Forerunner mining ships harvest the useful elements from the exploded planets and can use the remaining materials to build new planets.

Even the Covenant can glass a planet from pole to pole, boiling away the oceans in a single hour, using only 36 ships, showing greater firepower than the Empire's Star Destroyers.

And then there's the Halos, that can be tuned to affect only certain types of life, and for their effective radius to be reduced to as little as within a stellar system, or as large as 25,000 light years, and when they're fired, they don't purge the life on them, so the Halos could absolutely be used tactically without wiping out their own forces.

Above all of that, the Precursors had Star Roads, indestructible bands that could hold or move planets and stars, as well as crush them, and the Star Roads were utterly immune to conventional weaponry, because they were made from the manifest willpower of the Precursors.
actually you are wrong about the halos the halos are set to wipe out all of life meaning humans covenant and pretty much any living thing so if the halos were activated neither side would win
You need to re-read the novels. The Halos' test firings only affected individual star systems, and didn't kill the people on the rings that fired. Also, it is explicitely mentioned that some Forerunners were angry at the idea that the Halos would be tuned to wipe out all life within their area of effect, because they could be tuned more specifically, and being tuned to kill everything was seen as a violation of the Mantle by some.

You should also realize that in a battle between galaxies, weapons that affect a 25,000 light year radius, even fired to maximum potential, would still only wipe out one galaxy in a firing, so the other galaxy would be completely fine.
No it didnt it says mutiple times in the games that the Halo rings were set to kill all of the Floods food which is all existence i dont need to re-read anything u need to re-play the games and listen to the dialog
Dialogue in the games isn't a good source to follow though. An example is the infamous "Halo doesn't kill the Flood, it kills it's food." This statement is only half-right (and outdated). The Halos target the nervous system of a living being. As long as it has that system, it's vulnerable to it's effects.
EDIT: Even then, this info I just shared could very well be outdated as well. Just need confirmation.
that basically what i said still hes wrong u cant just set the rings to target a specific group of people
And where's the source supporting it can't? CE doesn't count because it has outdated information. Halopedia, JNDreher and pretty much everyone with knowledge on this regard will tell you the same thing.
The example I gave was never explained in the games though. It was a book. Even then, that same example dates years and could very well be obsolete (until I receive confirmation again), just like your argument that they can't target specific races. New lore is written and the old retconned. What I told is merely a bit of what a Halo can do.
u cant go off the books the books arent written by people are not in 343 so u cant use those as a source
FRGWhisper wrote:
FRGWhisper wrote:
FRGWhisper wrote:
JNDreher wrote:
FRGWhisper wrote:
JNDreher wrote:
FRGWhisper wrote:
it depends because are we comparing Fleet power or ground forces power if its Fleet power then Star wars but if were talking ground forces power then Halo because of the Promethean's,Flood,Spartans,covenant,and the Front
Forerunner civilian mining ships have a destructive potential equal to the Death Stars, but doing one better, the Forerunner mining ships harvest the useful elements from the exploded planets and can use the remaining materials to build new planets.

Even the Covenant can glass a planet from pole to pole, boiling away the oceans in a single hour, using only 36 ships, showing greater firepower than the Empire's Star Destroyers.

And then there's the Halos, that can be tuned to affect only certain types of life, and for their effective radius to be reduced to as little as within a stellar system, or as large as 25,000 light years, and when they're fired, they don't purge the life on them, so the Halos could absolutely be used tactically without wiping out their own forces.

Above all of that, the Precursors had Star Roads, indestructible bands that could hold or move planets and stars, as well as crush them, and the Star Roads were utterly immune to conventional weaponry, because they were made from the manifest willpower of the Precursors.
actually you are wrong about the halos the halos are set to wipe out all of life meaning humans covenant and pretty much any living thing so if the halos were activated neither side would win
You need to re-read the novels. The Halos' test firings only affected individual star systems, and didn't kill the people on the rings that fired. Also, it is explicitely mentioned that some Forerunners were angry at the idea that the Halos would be tuned to wipe out all life within their area of effect, because they could be tuned more specifically, and being tuned to kill everything was seen as a violation of the Mantle by some.

You should also realize that in a battle between galaxies, weapons that affect a 25,000 light year radius, even fired to maximum potential, would still only wipe out one galaxy in a firing, so the other galaxy would be completely fine.
No it didnt it says mutiple times in the games that the Halo rings were set to kill all of the Floods food which is all existence i dont need to re-read anything u need to re-play the games and listen to the dialog
Dialogue in the games isn't a good source to follow though. An example is the infamous "Halo doesn't kill the Flood, it kills it's food." This statement is only half-right (and outdated). The Halos target the nervous system of a living being. As long as it has that system, it's vulnerable to it's effects.
EDIT: Even then, this info I just shared could very well be outdated as well. Just need confirmation.
that basically what i said still hes wrong u cant just set the rings to target a specific group of people
And where's the source supporting it can't? CE doesn't count because it has outdated information. Halopedia, JNDreher and pretty much everyone with knowledge on this regard will tell you the same thing.
The example I gave was never explained in the games though. It was a book. Even then, that same example dates years and could very well be obsolete (until I receive confirmation again), just like your argument that they can't target specific races. New lore is written and the old retconned. What I told is merely a bit of what a Halo can do.
u cant go off the books the books arent written by people are not in 343 so u cant use those as a source
The novels are written by people hired by 343 for the expressed purpose of writing Halo novels. They're not permanent staff, but 343 performs oversight on what's being written, and it's all checked against (and added to) 343's "Halo Story Bible" the gold standard of Halo canon. The books are official, and you're discrediting your argument by rejecting them.
SgCombine wrote:
Quote:
Because Star Killer didn't stop a Star ship with the force.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RjuoTfUP3A
Yeah.... Star Killer also beat Vader, and then immediately beat Palpatine in the next room...
JNDreher wrote:
FRGWhisper wrote:
FRGWhisper wrote:
FRGWhisper wrote:
JNDreher wrote:
FRGWhisper wrote:
JNDreher wrote:
FRGWhisper wrote:
it depends because are we comparing Fleet power or ground forces power if its Fleet power then Star wars but if were talking ground forces power then Halo because of the Promethean's,Flood,Spartans,covenant,and the Front
Forerunner civilian mining ships have a destructive potential equal to the Death Stars, but doing one better, the Forerunner mining ships harvest the useful elements from the exploded planets and can use the remaining materials to build new planets.

Even the Covenant can glass a planet from pole to pole, boiling away the oceans in a single hour, using only 36 ships, showing greater firepower than the Empire's Star Destroyers.

And then there's the Halos, that can be tuned to affect only certain types of life, and for their effective radius to be reduced to as little as within a stellar system, or as large as 25,000 light years, and when they're fired, they don't purge the life on them, so the Halos could absolutely be used tactically without wiping out their own forces.

Above all of that, the Precursors had Star Roads, indestructible bands that could hold or move planets and stars, as well as crush them, and the Star Roads were utterly immune to conventional weaponry, because they were made from the manifest willpower of the Precursors.
actually you are wrong about the halos the halos are set to wipe out all of life meaning humans covenant and pretty much any living thing so if the halos were activated neither side would win
You need to re-read the novels. The Halos' test firings only affected individual star systems, and didn't kill the people on the rings that fired. Also, it is explicitely mentioned that some Forerunners were angry at the idea that the Halos would be tuned to wipe out all life within their area of effect, because they could be tuned more specifically, and being tuned to kill everything was seen as a violation of the Mantle by some.

You should also realize that in a battle between galaxies, weapons that affect a 25,000 light year radius, even fired to maximum potential, would still only wipe out one galaxy in a firing, so the other galaxy would be completely fine.
No it didnt it says mutiple times in the games that the Halo rings were set to kill all of the Floods food which is all existence i dont need to re-read anything u need to re-play the games and listen to the dialog
Dialogue in the games isn't a good source to follow though. An example is the infamous "Halo doesn't kill the Flood, it kills it's food." This statement is only half-right (and outdated). The Halos target the nervous system of a living being. As long as it has that system, it's vulnerable to it's effects.
EDIT: Even then, this info I just shared could very well be outdated as well. Just need confirmation.
that basically what i said still hes wrong u cant just set the rings to target a specific group of people
And where's the source supporting it can't? CE doesn't count because it has outdated information. Halopedia, JNDreher and pretty much everyone with knowledge on this regard will tell you the same thing.
The example I gave was never explained in the games though. It was a book. Even then, that same example dates years and could very well be obsolete (until I receive confirmation again), just like your argument that they can't target specific races. New lore is written and the old retconned. What I told is merely a bit of what a Halo can do.
u cant go off the books the books arent written by people are not in 343 so u cant use those as a source
The novels are written by people hired by 343 for the expressed purpose of writing Halo novels. They're not permanent staff, but 343 performs oversight on what's being written, and it's all checked against (and added to) 343's "Halo Story Bible" the gold standard of Halo canon. The books are official, and you're discrediting your argument by rejecting them.
bruh seriously i think i know more than u do about this so just stop trying to prove something
FRGWhisper wrote:
JNDreher wrote:
FRGWhisper wrote:
FRGWhisper wrote:
FRGWhisper wrote:
JNDreher wrote:
FRGWhisper wrote:
JNDreher wrote:
FRGWhisper wrote:
it depends because are we comparing Fleet power or ground forces power if its Fleet power then Star wars but if were talking ground forces power then Halo because of the Promethean's,Flood,Spartans,covenant,and the Front
Forerunner civilian mining ships have a destructive potential equal to the Death Stars, but doing one better, the Forerunner mining ships harvest the useful elements from the exploded planets and can use the remaining materials to build new planets.

Even the Covenant can glass a planet from pole to pole, boiling away the oceans in a single hour, using only 36 ships, showing greater firepower than the Empire's Star Destroyers.

And then there's the Halos, that can be tuned to affect only certain types of life, and for their effective radius to be reduced to as little as within a stellar system, or as large as 25,000 light years, and when they're fired, they don't purge the life on them, so the Halos could absolutely be used tactically without wiping out their own forces.

Above all of that, the Precursors had Star Roads, indestructible bands that could hold or move planets and stars, as well as crush them, and the Star Roads were utterly immune to conventional weaponry, because they were made from the manifest willpower of the Precursors.
actually you are wrong about the halos the halos are set to wipe out all of life meaning humans covenant and pretty much any living thing so if the halos were activated neither side would win
You need to re-read the novels. The Halos' test firings only affected individual star systems, and didn't kill the people on the rings that fired. Also, it is explicitely mentioned that some Forerunners were angry at the idea that the Halos would be tuned to wipe out all life within their area of effect, because they could be tuned more specifically, and being tuned to kill everything was seen as a violation of the Mantle by some.

You should also realize that in a battle between galaxies, weapons that affect a 25,000 light year radius, even fired to maximum potential, would still only wipe out one galaxy in a firing, so the other galaxy would be completely fine.
No it didnt it says mutiple times in the games that the Halo rings were set to kill all of the Floods food which is all existence i dont need to re-read anything u need to re-play the games and listen to the dialog
Dialogue in the games isn't a good source to follow though. An example is the infamous "Halo doesn't kill the Flood, it kills it's food." This statement is only half-right (and outdated). The Halos target the nervous system of a living being. As long as it has that system, it's vulnerable to it's effects.
EDIT: Even then, this info I just shared could very well be outdated as well. Just need confirmation.
that basically what i said still hes wrong u cant just set the rings to target a specific group of people
And where's the source supporting it can't? CE doesn't count because it has outdated information. Halopedia, JNDreher and pretty much everyone with knowledge on this regard will tell you the same thing.
The example I gave was never explained in the games though. It was a book. Even then, that same example dates years and could very well be obsolete (until I receive confirmation again), just like your argument that they can't target specific races. New lore is written and the old retconned. What I told is merely a bit of what a Halo can do.
u cant go off the books the books arent written by people are not in 343 so u cant use those as a source
The novels are written by people hired by 343 for the expressed purpose of writing Halo novels. They're not permanent staff, but 343 performs oversight on what's being written, and it's all checked against (and added to) 343's "Halo Story Bible" the gold standard of Halo canon. The books are official, and you're discrediting your argument by rejecting them.
bruh seriously i think i know more than u do about this so just stop trying to prove something
He's not proving anything. He's stating facts. Whether you like it or not, books are canon and part of the lore. Always have been, always will be.
FRGWhisper wrote:
JNDreher wrote:
FRGWhisper wrote:
FRGWhisper wrote:
FRGWhisper wrote:
JNDreher wrote:
FRGWhisper wrote:
JNDreher wrote:
FRGWhisper wrote:
it depends because are we comparing Fleet power or ground forces power if its Fleet power then Star wars but if were talking ground forces power then Halo because of the Promethean's,Flood,Spartans,covenant,and the Front
Forerunner civilian mining ships have a destructive potential equal to the Death Stars, but doing one better, the Forerunner mining ships harvest the useful elements from the exploded planets and can use the remaining materials to build new planets.

Even the Covenant can glass a planet from pole to pole, boiling away the oceans in a single hour, using only 36 ships, showing greater firepower than the Empire's Star Destroyers.

And then there's the Halos, that can be tuned to affect only certain types of life, and for their effective radius to be reduced to as little as within a stellar system, or as large as 25,000 light years, and when they're fired, they don't purge the life on them, so the Halos could absolutely be used tactically without wiping out their own forces.

Above all of that, the Precursors had Star Roads, indestructible bands that could hold or move planets and stars, as well as crush them, and the Star Roads were utterly immune to conventional weaponry, because they were made from the manifest willpower of the Precursors.
actually you are wrong about the halos the halos are set to wipe out all of life meaning humans covenant and pretty much any living thing so if the halos were activated neither side would win
You need to re-read the novels. The Halos' test firings only affected individual star systems, and didn't kill the people on the rings that fired. Also, it is explicitely mentioned that some Forerunners were angry at the idea that the Halos would be tuned to wipe out all life within their area of effect, because they could be tuned more specifically, and being tuned to kill everything was seen as a violation of the Mantle by some.

You should also realize that in a battle between galaxies, weapons that affect a 25,000 light year radius, even fired to maximum potential, would still only wipe out one galaxy in a firing, so the other galaxy would be completely fine.
No it didnt it says mutiple times in the games that the Halo rings were set to kill all of the Floods food which is all existence i dont need to re-read anything u need to re-play the games and listen to the dialog
Dialogue in the games isn't a good source to follow though. An example is the infamous "Halo doesn't kill the Flood, it kills it's food." This statement is only half-right (and outdated). The Halos target the nervous system of a living being. As long as it has that system, it's vulnerable to it's effects.
EDIT: Even then, this info I just shared could very well be outdated as well. Just need confirmation.
that basically what i said still hes wrong u cant just set the rings to target a specific group of people
And where's the source supporting it can't? CE doesn't count because it has outdated information. Halopedia, JNDreher and pretty much everyone with knowledge on this regard will tell you the same thing.
The example I gave was never explained in the games though. It was a book. Even then, that same example dates years and could very well be obsolete (until I receive confirmation again), just like your argument that they can't target specific races. New lore is written and the old retconned. What I told is merely a bit of what a Halo can do.
u cant go off the books the books arent written by people are not in 343 so u cant use those as a source
The novels are written by people hired by 343 for the expressed purpose of writing Halo novels. They're not permanent staff, but 343 performs oversight on what's being written, and it's all checked against (and added to) 343's "Halo Story Bible" the gold standard of Halo canon. The books are official, and you're discrediting your argument by rejecting them.
bruh seriously i think i know more than u do about this so just stop trying to prove something
He's not proving anything. He's stating facts. Whether you like it or not, books are canon and part of the lore. Always have been, always will be.
Mate, he's straight up trolling at this point. Just save your breath and report him instead.
One single Flood spore can destroy A Galaxy Far Far Away.

Halo wins thanks to deathless ancient zombie space gods..
Take that to your Pheru and feed it!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 119
  4. 120
  5. 121
  6. 122
  7. 123
  8. ...
  9. 126