3. 120
  4. 121
  5. 122
  6. 123
  7. 124
  8. ...
  9. 126
Halo Universe would beat the -Yoink- of the star wars one
The halo universe would win, Something less than half the size of the Death Star can destroy a planet, and something the size of the Death Star regarding it is hallow can destroy the galaxy and some hundred thousand at most people destroyed the entire empire, so the dominant force of the Star Wars universe would not be that much in strategy, if we take all factions into this, let’s say republic era where they took 1,000 years to develop and grow, vs the halo universe during the events of halo 2, the Jedi would have to use force abilities only or just be a commander in the back lines, because bullets go faster than normal blaster bolts. , they would not be able to block them, and consider order 66. But normal troops vs normal troops, it’d be a close fight, but the UNSC would win, if you bring in the covenant then the Jedi would be able to deflect he bullets, but paired with the UNSC, they’d not take that risk.
I'd like to add that the unsc also had odst's that had better training and gear than marines and were meant to do suicide missions like boarding covenant ships or like during the events in the book "the flood" a bunch of odst's took over a flood infested ship just to crash it later because they realized it would be suicide to bring it back to earth, these guys would own clone troopers and storm troopers and the unsc had nova bombs as well, one of those could take out a planet. Humans purposely used one once and the other one the covies accidentally activated it.
gacc115 wrote:
The halo universe would win, Something less than half the size of the Death Star can destroy a planet, and something the size of the Death Star regarding it is hallow can destroy the galaxy and some hundred thousand at most people destroyed the entire empire, so the dominant force of the Star Wars universe would not be that much in strategy, if we take all factions into this, let’s say republic era where they took 1,000 years to develop and grow, vs the halo universe during the events of halo 2, the Jedi would have to use force abilities only or just be a commander in the back lines, because bullets go faster than normal blaster bolts. , they would not be able to block them, and consider order 66. But normal troops vs normal troops, it’d be a close fight, but the UNSC would win, if you bring in the covenant then the Jedi would be able to deflect he bullets, but paired with the UNSC, they’d not take that risk.
I'd like to add that the unsc also had odst's that had better training and gear than marines and were meant to do suicide missions like boarding covenant ships or like during the events in the book "the flood" a bunch of odst's took over a flood infested ship just to crash it later because they realized it would be suicide to bring it back to earth, these guys would own clone troopers and storm troopers and the unsc had nova bombs as well, one of those could take out a planet. Humans purposely used one once and the other one the covies accidentally activated it.
They would be formidable, but Clone Troopers aren't a laughing manner either. They're essentially the best of the best cloned. While they don't live up to Jango's reputation (less experience, different training), they would not go down easy.
gacc115 wrote:
They would be formidable, but Clone Troopers aren't a laughing manner either. They're essentially the best of the best cloned. While they don't live up to Jango's reputation (less experience, different training), they would not go down easy.
I dunno, no shields (for the most part), armour made of plastic that spears and rocks are a genuine threat to, they are thoroughly baseline human, I think UNSC troops would feel at ease fighting them; having spent so long fighting shielded creatures with chimp strength and reflexes beyond humans.

Star Wars is outclassed. I think range is the main thing, Halo fights at further ranges and with far more accurate and devastating weapons - they also have quite consistent shielding, versus big ol' capital ships in Star Wars getting taken out by Y wings and tiny ships crashing into them.
gacc115 wrote:
I dunno, no shields (for the most part), armour made of plastic that spears and rocks are a genuine threat to, they are thoroughly baseline human, I think UNSC troops would feel at ease fighting them; having spent so long fighting shielded creatures with chimp strength and reflexes beyond humans.

Star Wars is outclassed. I think range is the main thing, Halo fights at further ranges and with far more accurate and devastating weapons - they also have quite consistent shielding, versus big ol' capital ships in Star Wars getting taken out by Y wings and tiny ships crashing into them.
Marines are just as vulnerable. One well placed shot and they're out of the fight or killed. Grunts are cowardly creatures, and still vulnerable to such fire. With Kig-Yar, they're frail beings and their shields would only sustain so much damage before failing, as every single weapon in the SW is plasma-based. The same goes for the personal shielding of the Sangheili, although their resilience would make up for it. The same goes for the Jiralhanae and Mgalekgolo.
Jango isn't called the best for nothing. He's feared because of his skills. Now apply that to over 800.000 troops (escalation from Attack of the Clones. Unsure about their numbers by Revenge of the Sith).

What I agree is that SW vehicles are overall worse. AT-RTs are pretty useless, as the user is laughably vulnerable (Fun fact: never used them in Battlefront. I'm just too vulnerable, and I'm killed before the vehicle). TX-130 tanks could be decent, but it doesn't look like it could stand toe-to-toe with a Scorpion. The same goes for the AAT and AT-ST.

I also don't argue when it comes to space battles. SW shields would sustain Covenant weaponry, but I highly believe they wouldn't counter kinetic rounds, making the UNSC more formidable and having better chances (despite survivability still being low). A well-placed MAC to the bridge and the ship's out of the fight.

In short: troopers are fine, but vehicles and ships are inferior.
gacc115 wrote:

Marines are just as vulnerable. One well placed shot and they're out of the fight or killed. Grunts are cowardly creatures, and still vulnerable to such fire. With Kig-Yar, they're frail beings and their shields would only sustain so much damage before failing, as every single weapon in the SW is plasma-based. The same goes for the personal shielding of the Sangheili, although their resilience would make up for it. The same goes for the Jiralhanae and Mgalekgolo.
Jango isn't called the best for nothing. He's feared because of his skills. Now apply that to over 800.000 troops (escalation from Attack of the Clones. Unsure about their numbers by Revenge of the Sith).

What I agree is that SW vehicles are overall worse. AT-RTs are pretty useless, as the user is laughably vulnerable (Fun fact: never used them in Battlefront. I'm just too vulnerable, and I'm killed before the vehicle). TX-130 tanks could be decent, but it doesn't look like it could stand toe-to-toe with a Scorpion. The same goes for the AAT and AT-ST.

I also don't argue when it comes to space battles. SW shields would sustain Covenant weaponry, but I highly believe they wouldn't counter kinetic rounds, making the UNSC more formidable and having better chances (despite survivability still being low). A well-placed MAC to the bridge and the ship's out of the fight.

The production rate of clones is linear. The facilities create them in batches of a set size.
In contrast, the production rate of Unggoy is exponential. They reach maturity in just a handful of years, and without training, they're competent soldiers, and with training, they have proven that they're able to hold their own against Sangheilli or Brutes (ex: Stolt, in the story Shadow of Intent).
Especially when you consider some of them having Fuel Rod Cannons, I'm certain the Unggoy could easily match, and eventually overwhelm the Clone Troopers.

Also, I highly doubt Star Wars' ships shields would withstand Covenant weaponry. Star Wars' weapons and defenses are primarily based around volume of fire, rather than potency of fire, so much so that something like a low-power firing of the Death Star (Rogue 1) is mind boggling to the characters, when that's literally what the weapons on all Covenant Capital ships do.
JNDreher wrote:
gacc115 wrote:

The production rate of clones is linear. The facilities create them in batches of a set size.
In contrast, the production rate of Unggoy is exponential. They reach maturity in just a handful of years, and without training, they're competent soldiers, and with training, they have proven that they're able to hold their own against Sangheilli or Brutes (ex: Stolt, in the story Shadow of Intent).
Especially when you consider some of them having Fuel Rod Cannons, I'm certain the Unggoy could easily match, and eventually overwhelm the Clone Troopers.

Also, I highly doubt Star Wars' ships shields would withstand Covenant weaponry. Star Wars' weapons and defenses are primarily based around volume of fire, rather than potency of fire, so much so that something like a low-power firing of the Death Star (Rogue 1) is mind boggling to the characters, when that's literally what the weapons on all Covenant Capital ships do.
Unggoy reach maturity in just a matter of months, it's crazy.
I don't doubt that they could overwhelm them, but Clones aren't paper maché. They'll fight until their last breath, even against all odds or no chance of survival (Commander Thorn), and even sacrifice themselves (Hevy).

Didn't know that. Thanks. But let's not compare them to something like the Death Star. Even at low power, the Death Star's destructive power still outclasses any Imperial ship. It's pretty much a nuke comparable to today's. You're comparing an anthill to a mountain.
JNDreher wrote:
gacc115 wrote:

Unggoy reach maturity in just a matter of months, it's crazy.
I don't doubt that they could overwhelm them, but Clones aren't paper maché. They'll fight until their last breath, even against all odds or no chance of survival (Commander Thorn), and even sacrifice themselves (Hevy).

Didn't know that. Thanks. But let's not compare them to something like the Death Star. Even at low power, the Death Star's destructive power still outclasses any Imperial ship. It's pretty much a nuke comparable to today's. You're comparing an anthill to a mountain.
That's sort of my point. Covenant standard capital weaponry (Plasma Cannons and Ventral Beams) rank alongside weapons that in the Star Wars universe are classified as super-weapons.

36 Covenant Ships glassed Jericho VII from pole to pole, vaporizing its oceans in the process, in one hour, and it's even mentioned that this total glassing will leave the once inhabited planet without an atmosphere.

In the Return, we see what one Assault Carrier can do with its Ventral Beam to the world Kholo. If you watch the animatic on Youtube, a little under 4 minutes in. The area hit by the Assault Carrier's Ventral Beam was literally melted into a glass-like state. The areas hit by the Battlecruisers were still slagged... similar to the worst of Base Delta Zero... except that this was done to the entire planet, rather than just focused on population centers.
JNDreher wrote:
JNDreher wrote:
gacc115 wrote:

That's sort of my point. Covenant standard capital weaponry (Plasma Cannons and Ventral Beams) rank alongside weapons that in the Star Wars universe are classified as super-weapons.
36 Covenant Ships glassed Jericho VII from pole to pole, vaporizing its oceans in the process, in one hour, and it's even mentioned that this total glassing will leave the once inhabited planet without an atmosphere.

In the Return, we see what one Assault Carrier can do with its Ventral Beam to the world Kholo. If you watch the animatic on Youtube, a little under 4 minutes in. The area hit by the Assault Carrier's Ventral Beam was literally melted into a glass-like state. The areas hit by the Battlecruisers were still slagged... similar to the worst of Base Delta Zero... except that this was done to the entire planet, rather than just focused on population centers.
I didn't realize just one beam had that much power. I still think it's a bit inferior to a low-power shot of the DS1, but it's definitely close.
The Star Wars universe would win due to the separatist droid army. It’s immune to the halo rings due to the radiation the ring emits to kill sentient organic life forms to starve the flood. But the droids are obviously not organic so they could wipe out the flood with their great numbers. Then the clone army could take on the forerunners due to their skill and expertise in battle with the Jedi leading them. Then the empire would destroy the the UNSC due to their small numbers and few planets they inhabit with the Death Star.
The Star Wars universe would win due to the separatist droid army. It’s immune to the halo rings due to the radiation the ring emits to kill sentient organic life forms to starve the flood. But the droids are obviously not organic so they could wipe out the flood with their great numbers. Then the clone army could take on the forerunners due to their skill and expertise in battle with the Jedi leading them. Then the empire would destroy the the UNSC due to their small numbers and few planets they inhabit with the Death Star.
Droids are vastly inferior to Prometheans, and the Prometheans weren't able to halt the spread of the Flood. You also forget the logic plague, and the simpleton droids would easily fall prey to it. The Droids have no chance. Unggoy create new generations much faster than Star Wars' batches of clones can be created, and the Unggoy population growth is exponential compared to the clones' linear population growth. And with basic training and weapons, the Unggoy are easily as effective as their clone counterparts, but there are many more Unggoy.

Really, the combined forces of the Clones and Droids would be severely overwhelmed by the forces of the Covenant at pre-Reach organization and technology. Keep in mind, the Jedi who commanded the Clones were wiped out by those same clones... so clearly Jedi don't auto-win against overwhelming odds, because as few as five or ten troops can fairly reliably take down most Jedi.

Forerunners are in another league entirely, their civilian mining ships having the firepower equal to the Death Star. They literally as a matter of routine, blow up planets to make it easier to extract their ores... and if they later decide they want a planet there, they literally build a new planet. Nothing in Star Wars could match the Forerunners, and nothing the Forerunners had could best the Flood... so right there we have two factions in Halo that Star Wars has no legitimate counter for... and I didn't even bring up the Precursors or their Neural Physics.

You also seemed to forget that the Halos are able to kill everything from Jedi, to the Separatist leaders controlling the Droid Armies. If the Halos were used tactically against the Star Wars galaxy, that would be the end of the conflict right there.
All very true JNDreher thank you. But then we also have to remember the things the movies don’t show in Star Wars. Star forges could be used to demolish planets and ships to mass produce droids on the scale of millions in hours and this could be B2s or BXs which are far more powerful and superior to the B1 battle droids. Also the Sith are so destructive with their powers that it could demolish an army of Unggoy with the force alone due to their abilities. There are some Sith that could come back from death just from the force alone. If they have that power then they could destroy legions or even planets. Even Yoda could move planets with the force so he could definitely take forerunner ships if he had the help of Star destroyers from the final order that were armed to destroy planets as well.
All very true JNDreher thank you. But then we also have to remember the things the movies don’t show in Star Wars. Star forges could be used to demolish planets and ships to mass produce droids on the scale of millions in hours and this could be B2s or BXs which are far more powerful and superior to the B1 battle droids. Also the Sith are so destructive with their powers that it could demolish an army of Unggoy with the force alone due to their abilities. There are some Sith that could come back from death just from the force alone. If they have that power then they could destroy legions or even planets. Even Yoda could move planets with the force so he could definitely take forerunner ships if he had the help of Star destroyers from the final order that were armed to destroy planets as well.
Some of that I'd need sources to believe. When did Yoda move planets?

Keep in mind the Sith, for all the power they had, never defeated the Jedi completely, and ultimately the Jedi were defeated by regular troops. Also, Halo has the Precursors, timeless incorporeal beings that created organic avatars (like the "race" that turned into the Flood) to interact with their creations, and they created galactic-scale constructs (Star Roads) from sheer willpower that were immune to damage from conventional weaponry, and had the power to crush stars and hurl planets.

People don't realize it because of the personal stories told in Halo, but the scale of its proven weaponry outclasses almost anything in science fiction. I doubt there's many franchises that have actually purged an entire galaxy of all thinking life in an instant. Several say they can do that, but they never do, so there's no canonical proof that the characters making the claim are correct in that assertion. Halo actually did it with the namesake superweapons, and the galaxy is inhabited because they literally had an Ark outside of the galaxy from which to re-populate it.
I like halo more than star wars but what they have going on in star wars is just way stronger than everything in halo ex. death star, starkiller base, every weapon is like a beam rifle/pistol, the force. Halo has the rings but that honestly is a self destruct button and not really a weapon.
KnightFJS wrote:
I like halo more than star wars but what they have going on in star wars is just way stronger than everything in halo ex. death star, starkiller base, every weapon is like a beam rifle/pistol, the force.
Star Wars' super-weapons are no more powerful than a standard Forerunner mining ship, which as a matter of routine, blows up planets to more easily extract resources from them, after which they may reconstruct the remaining material into a new planet, molten core and all.
When you look at the main-line ships of Star Wars and Halo, the Covenant can out-gunt Star Wars' forces. 36 Covenant ships can slag an entire planet, vaporizing oceans, and boiling off the atmosphere in a single hour. Star Wars' Base Delta Zero isn't nearly as impressive.
Jedi and Sith are often taken down by as few as a dozen or so non-Force-sensitive troops. They are far from an instant win.
Also, we've seen Storm Troopers killed with sticks and stones thrown by teddy bears. The more likely explanation isn't that the weapons are so good, rather Star Wars' armor is just that bad. Every single Unggoy with a Plasma Pistol could cook Storm Troopers and Clone Troopers in their armor.
gacc115 wrote:

Marines have Titanium armour, far better than what the troopers have. Grunts aren't always cowardly, the y have torn humans limb from limb with pure physical force, as has been mentioned you have capable Grunts like Stolt and the ones the Elites allow onto SpecOps squads, the Grunts under the Brutes were very fanatical/savage, as were those seen at the start of the Fall of Reach. Also clones aren't 7 foot walking tanks, you can forgive the Grunts from fleeing at the sight of a Spartan, I would!!!

Kig-Yar are frail in comparison too that 7 foot tank I mentioned, they are strong enough to go toe-to-toe with baseline humans...which troopers are. Their shields may go down eventually but I imagine they can sustain a lot, if trooper guns were THAT good, Droidekas wouldn't be such a concern. Jackals will have the advantage having mobile cover that can tank at least some trooper fire; and they will be firing plasma and needle based weapons that can easily defeat trooper armour.

The thing with Sangheili and Brutes is that the troops will also have to contend wit their reflexes, meaning several troopers will have to fire at the same target in the hopes of hitting them and then they have to do so enough times to defeat the shields AND armour.

Just because the clones have the genes of Jango doesn't mean they are as good as him, also who cares? They are baseline humans, the clone wars wouldn't have lasted a week if they had 800,000 Spartan II's. Troopers arre just people, like a UNSC soldier/marine, just with worse aim, armour and special forces.
gacc115 wrote:

Marines have Titanium armour, far better than what the troopers have. Grunts aren't always cowardly, the y have torn humans limb from limb with pure physical force, as has been mentioned you have capable Grunts like Stolt and the ones the Elites allow onto SpecOps squads, the Grunts under the Brutes were very fanatical/savage, as were those seen at the start of the Fall of Reach. Also clones aren't 7 foot walking tanks, you can forgive the Grunts from fleeing at the sight of a Spartan, I would!!!

Kig-Yar are frail in comparison too that 7 foot tank I mentioned, they are strong enough to go toe-to-toe with baseline humans...which troopers are. Their shields may go down eventually but I imagine they can sustain a lot, if trooper guns were THAT good, Droidekas wouldn't be such a concern. Jackals will have the advantage having mobile cover that can tank at least some trooper fire; and they will be firing plasma and needle based weapons that can easily defeat trooper armour.

The thing with Sangheili and Brutes is that the troops will also have to contend wit their reflexes, meaning several troopers will have to fire at the same target in the hopes of hitting them and then they have to do so enough times to defeat the shields AND armour.

Just because the clones have the genes of Jango doesn't mean they are as good as him, also who cares? They are baseline humans, the clone wars wouldn't have lasted a week if they had 800,000 Spartan II's. Troopers arre just people, like a UNSC soldier/marine, just with worse aim, armour and special forces.
Where does it say they have Titanium armor? Halopedia, at least, doesn't describe it as such.
Being cowardly and strong don't mean the same thing. I acknowledged the Unggoy's exoskeleton and strength, but a vast majority of them are still cowards.

Even if they can, they're still frail. Their bones are hollow. It really wouldn't take much to fracture them, and a competent Clone or even Rebel could overpower one, given proper training to counter them.

Sangheili and Jiralhanae are resilient and agile, yes, I don't put that into question, but any kind of troop falls to concentrated fire. The Jedi, even with their faster reflexes and ability to predict, still fell to concentrated firepower from many Clone troopers pretty much everywhere.

They may not be as good as him, but being clones mean their inherit his natural abilities, such as quick learning, better precision, etc (examples). They may be just Humans, but Clones aren't often put above Imperial Stormtroopers for nothing (Stormtroopers who are pretty much the same as UNSC Marines in a way). Then you have special troopers, like the ARCs, which receive special training and are far more skilled than the average Clone Trooper.
Oh, and trust me, Clones would have a better shot.

Look, I believe the Halo universe would win, but I can tell you're downplaying the SW verse and buffing Halo.
JSA343 wrote:
It depends of your type of scifi you like. Halo= realistically scifi meaning it actually could happen (humans are probably not the only intelligent life forms) or, Star Wars= Almost impossible to happen, lightsabers, I mean really. And the amount of species in the univerese is so vast and complicated and complicated= most likely not going to happen.
Well... that depends on what part of Halo and Star Wars you're looking at.
Halo can be said to be grounded in reality, but then you get the Forerunners, genetic modification expanding across millenia. Precursors, neural physics.

And on the subject of lightsabers, scientists have been discovering ways to make light act like a solid. We're obviously not swapping out guns for light swords quite yet, but it's not as absurd of a concept as you seem to think.

Besides, I don't think realism, and preference of realism, has anything to do with the outcome of a fight.
light sabers could be made out of plasma like the halo energy swords and I think the covenant alone could defeat all of Star Wars.
gacc115 wrote:

Where does it say they have Titanium armor? Halopedia, at least, doesn't describe it as such.
Being cowardly and strong don't mean the same thing. I acknowledged the Unggoy's exoskeleton and strength, but a vast majority of them are still cowards.

Even if they can, they're still frail. Their bones are hollow. It really wouldn't take much to fracture them, and a competent Clone or even Rebel could overpower one, given proper training to counter them.

Sangheili and Jiralhanae are resilient and agile, yes, I don't put that into question, but any kind of troop falls to concentrated fire. The Jedi, even with their faster reflexes and ability to predict, still fell to concentrated firepower from many Clone troopers pretty much everywhere.

They may not be as good as him, but being clones mean their inherit his natural abilities, such as quick learning, better precision, etc (examples). They may be just Humans, but Clones aren't often put above Imperial Stormtroopers for nothing (Stormtroopers who are pretty much the same as UNSC Marines in a way). Then you have special troopers, like the ARCs, which receive special training and are far more skilled than the average Clone Trooper.

Look, I believe the Halo universe would win, but I can tell you're downplaying the SW verse and buffing Halo.
jedi don't have shields or use guns and that is partly the reason why they were destroyed by clones and droids.
gacc115 wrote:

jedi don't have shields or use guns and that is partly the reason why they were destroyed by clones and droids.
They fell because they were overwhelmed, attacked against their blind spots. There's a scene, right before Anakin murders the Younglings, where a Jedi deflected a blaster from the front, but was immediately shot by 2 or 3 Clones that were behind him. No matter how many they defeated, it was an eventuality. It'd be no different with any other race.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 120
  4. 121
  5. 122
  6. 123
  7. 124
  8. ...
  9. 126