OP M0aHerder

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 124
  4. 125
  5. ...
  6. 126
M0aHerder wrote:
Vader's power? In comparison to Sidious (and a WHOLE lot more), he's a baby. Sidious can destroy planets and summon Force Storms in Legends, and I think I remember him creating a black hole too (again, Legends).
Besides, since the Halo Universe comes from another Galaxy, the Force has less effect on them (not immune, just more resistant, like the Yuuzhan Vong).

As soon as the UNSC would see the Death Star, they'd rain it down with kinetic bolts from their MACs. It's simple.As soon as the shields are down, the Death Star is as good as space scrap.
The same goes for the Covenant. They'd likely use their glassing beam, applying ungodly pressure on the shields, which eventually collapse and the beam melts the station. A single CAS would be more than enough to deal with a Death Star. Which is why I always say: the Death Star may be powerful, but against the UNSC and Covenant, it's nearly useless.

As for the Energy Sword vs Lightsaber argument... don't bring Game Theory to this. Last time I watched him, it was years, because he wasn't doing his job correctly. In fact, every Halo video of his always had a mountain of wrong information and assumptions.
Anyway: The Lightsaber not only has more forms of combat (7, specifically), but is, overall, more maneuverable. So the battery issue (if it's even an issue) matters little, if at all.
OK OK OK, 1, were not in legends, that was a poorly hated imagination Disney did so they could have more action in their movies, putting legends would be like saying master chief is a girl. were in canon, which means Vader has eliminated every Jedi in the galaxy except for a few. 2, the death star destroys planets, those mac rounds would maybe hit a bit of the shield but in a mere second, the entire planet harboring valuable supplies for the covenant and unsc would be obliterated. the ships from the unsc would take on the rebels, since its most fair. in this scenario, i have to give it to the rebels, they're power is outrageously strong compared to the unsc, remember, unsc fires bullets,BULLETS, while rebels fire bolts of plasma. the Spartans may take ground for a while but a short emp blast from the rebels and their whole communication network is down. you cannot bring forerunner tech either, unless you wanna bring Kylo Ren's death star. Vader's force may not work, but inn the end hes just fighting alien versions of rebels. game theory never says if they are wrong or right, that why its a theory. still, with Vader's intelligence on sword combat, a energy sword ship-master wouldn't stand a chance. remember, Darth Vader still has Anakins mind and strength, just slower and lesser medoclorians. which means that he knows every form and can switch between at his choosing. and don't say all of them are maneuverable. it takes years to learn the form of fighting that Vader has. hes the most feared Sith lord to ever walk. one ship master dangling a sword around isn't gonna do much, and plus, the covenant doesn't know what the forms are, heck they just figured out forerunner tech. and it wouldn't take long for the unsc and covenant to see the shear force o the death star and retreat you cant put these two franchises against each other, this is a easy win for star wars, because not only do they have more power than the unsc. they outnumber the. the death-star is a battle-station, which means billions of troops and special forces are gonna be harboring in there and that on top of the rebels. and im not saying that cause i love star wars or hate halo, its just how it would go down
I used Legends as an example. We're not discussing it because it's ridiculous (but I'd take it any day over whatever Disney did).

At most, the planets would have been glassed by the Covenant as usual. The Covenant would only place bases in planets that contained Forerunner tech, making glassing the planets straight heresy. Since no SW planet harbors any Forerunner tech, they would all be glassed.
Quote:
i have to give it to the rebels, they're power is outrageously strong compared to the unsc
How so? Feats of their power?
Quote:
the Spartans may take ground for a while but a short emp blast from the rebels and their whole communication network is down
How can you even claim that? Master Chief's armor was EMP'd more than once, and comms were always fine.
Quote:
game theory never says if they are wrong or right, that why its a theory
Except that it's not a theory. He's plain wrong in his info. We already knew how it worked, he just made up nonsense.
Quote:
energy sword ship-master wouldn't stand a chance
There's more divisions more skilled with a sword. A Ship Master would beat a Silent Shadow or a Blade Master in sword combat, ever, which are told to be one of the best swordsman in the Covenant.
Quote:
which means that he knows every form and can switch between at his choosing. and don't say all of them are maneuverable.
You're right, he can. But he'd have to make quite a bit of effort, which would hinder him somehow. Which is why he reserved himself to the "Slow, but powerful attacks" style of combat.
Quote:
heck they just figured out forerunner tech.
So, we're going to ignore over 3 millennia of their existence? Which is how long High Charity lasted? Not to mention the Stoics and Sangheili that reverse-engineered Forerunner tech before the Covenant was even formed?
Quote:
and it wouldn't take long for the unsc and covenant to see the shear force o the death star and retreat
So, I'd assume the Rebels would do the same, don't you think? After all, they're less numerous, use scavenged technology and are against an infinitely larger militaristic Empire.
Quote:
this is a easy win for star wars, because not only do they have more power than the unsc. they outnumber the.
And, as you'll be proven many times, it is NOT an easy win for SW. At all. And what about other factions? Are the UNSC the sole fighters here?
Quote:
the death-star is a battle-station, which means billions of troops and special forces are gonna be harboring in there and that on top of the rebels.
That was destroyed by a small squadron of terrorists. It doesn't matter if one of them was special, the fact that a single Proton torpedo was enough to destroy an entire station, then the UNSC, using an AI, could line up a shot into the exhaust port and destroy the station from afar.
And the Rebels aren't really a factor to consider when you have the Empire. Whatever the Rebel has, so does the Empire and maybe better. Yes, they may be a faction but... well, it's what I said.
M0aHerder wrote:
but... well, it's what I said.
Spitting Facts Halo would win through and through and it's not that I'm just biased toward Halo but one of my relatives is just as much of a starwars fan as any of us are Halo fans and he has admitted that just from the little knowledge he has about the universe through playing the games with me and in his childhood he admits that if faced against each other "the rings are an automatic victory and the flood is the cherry on top"
M0aHerder wrote:
Vader's power? In comparison to Sidious (and a WHOLE lot more), he's a baby. Sidious can destroy planets and summon Force Storms in Legends, and I think I remember him creating a black hole too (again, Legends).
Besides, since the Halo Universe comes from another Galaxy, the Force has less effect on them (not immune, just more resistant, like the Yuuzhan Vong).

As soon as the UNSC would see the Death Star, they'd rain it down with kinetic bolts from their MACs. It's simple.As soon as the shields are down, the Death Star is as good as space scrap.
The same goes for the Covenant. They'd likely use their glassing beam, applying ungodly pressure on the shields, which eventually collapse and the beam melts the station. A single CAS would be more than enough to deal with a Death Star. Which is why I always say: the Death Star may be powerful, but against the UNSC and Covenant, it's nearly useless.

As for the Energy Sword vs Lightsaber argument... don't bring Game Theory to this. Last time I watched him, it was years, because he wasn't doing his job correctly. In fact, every Halo video of his always had a mountain of wrong information and assumptions.
Anyway: The Lightsaber not only has more forms of combat (7, specifically), but is, overall, more maneuverable. So the battery issue (if it's even an issue) matters little, if at all.
OK OK OK, 1, were not in legends, that was a poorly hated imagination Disney did so they could have more action in their movies, putting legends would be like saying master chief is a girl. were in canon, which means Vader has eliminated every Jedi in the galaxy except for a few. 2, the death star destroys planets, those mac rounds would maybe hit a bit of the shield but in a mere second, the entire planet harboring valuable supplies for the covenant and unsc would be obliterated. the ships from the unsc would take on the rebels, since its most fair. in this scenario, i have to give it to the rebels, they're power is outrageously strong compared to the unsc, remember, unsc fires bullets,BULLETS, while rebels fire bolts of plasma. the Spartans may take ground for a while but a short emp blast from the rebels and their whole communication network is down. you cannot bring forerunner tech either, unless you wanna bring Kylo Ren's death star. Vader's force may not work, but inn the end hes just fighting alien versions of rebels. game theory never says if they are wrong or right, that why its a theory. still, with Vader's intelligence on sword combat, a energy sword ship-master wouldn't stand a chance. remember, Darth Vader still has Anakins mind and strength, just slower and lesser medoclorians. which means that he knows every form and can switch between at his choosing. and don't say all of them are maneuverable. it takes years to learn the form of fighting that Vader has. hes the most feared Sith lord to ever walk. one ship master dangling a sword around isn't gonna do much, and plus, the covenant doesn't know what the forms are, heck they just figured out forerunner tech. and it wouldn't take long for the unsc and covenant to see the shear force o the death star and retreat you cant put these two franchises against each other, this is a easy win for star wars, because not only do they have more power than the unsc. they outnumber the. the death-star is a battle-station, which means billions of troops and special forces are gonna be harboring in there and that on top of the rebels. and im not saying that cause i love star wars or hate halo, its just how it would go down
I used Legends as an example. We're not discussing it because it's ridiculous (but I'd take it any day over whatever Disney did).

At most, the planets would have been glassed by the Covenant as usual. The Covenant would only place bases in planets that contained Forerunner tech, making glassing the planets straight heresy. Since no SW planet harbors any Forerunner tech, they would all be glassed.
Quote:
i have to give it to the rebels, they're power is outrageously strong compared to the unsc
How so? Feats of their power?
Quote:
the Spartans may take ground for a while but a short emp blast from the rebels and their whole communication network is down
How can you even claim that? Master Chief's armor was EMP'd more than once, and comms were always fine.
Quote:
game theory never says if they are wrong or right, that why its a theory
Except that it's not a theory. He's plain wrong in his info. We already knew how it worked, he just made up nonsense.
Quote:
energy sword ship-master wouldn't stand a chance
There's more divisions more skilled with a sword. A Ship Master would beat a Silent Shadow or a Blade Master in sword combat, ever, which are told to be one of the best swordsman in the Covenant.
Quote:
which means that he knows every form and can switch between at his choosing. and don't say all of them are maneuverable.
You're right, he can. But he'd have to make quite a bit of effort, which would hinder him somehow. Which is why he reserved himself to the "Slow, but powerful attacks" style of combat.
Quote:
heck they just figured out forerunner tech.
So, we're going to ignore over 3 millennia of their existence? Which is how long High Charity lasted? Not to mention the Stoics and Sangheili that reverse-engineered Forerunner tech before the Covenant was even formed?
Quote:
and it wouldn't take long for the unsc and covenant to see the shear force o the death star and retreat
So, I'd assume the Rebels would do the same, don't you think? After all, they're less numerous, use scavenged technology and are against an infinitely larger militaristic Empire.
Quote:
this is a easy win for star wars, because not only do they have more power than the unsc. they outnumber the.
And, as you'll be proven many times, it is NOT an easy win for SW. At all. And what about other factions? Are the UNSC the sole fighters here?
Quote:
the death-star is a battle-station, which means billions of troops and special forces are gonna be harboring in there and that on top of the rebels.
That was destroyed by a small squadron of terrorists. It doesn't matter if one of them was special, the fact that a single Proton torpedo was enough to destroy an entire station, then the UNSC, using an AI, could line up a shot into the exhaust port and destroy the station from afar.
And the Rebels aren't really a factor to consider when you have the Empire. Whatever the Rebel has, so does the Empire and maybe better. Yes, they may be a faction but... well, it's what I said.
ok now im confused what timelines are fighting here then? thats why i said the stuff about the forunner tech, and when i say hitting the spartans with an emp, they ARE going to be gone from communication, they dont know what it is, it unknown tech. its all about timing with the dark side by the time the covanat started glassing the deathstar, hundreds of tie fighter would already out number the seraphs or whatever the covenant ha sflying, and infiltrated the ship. but im not gonna lie, theirs other forces on halos side such as mabey the banished. i just need to know which timelines were using cause it depends, spartans werent always a sstrong. or we could be at the new republic and put yoda, obi , and every jedi in their
ok now im confused what timelines are fighting here then?
We're using Canon Galactic Empire and Rebel Alliance vs UNSC and Covenant during the Human-Covenant War.
Quote:
and when i say hitting the spartans with an emp, they ARE going to be gone from communication, they dont know what it is, it unknown tech
No, they wouldn't. By that logic, the Plasma Pistol is also unknown tech, and as we know, it doesn't knock down comms. I'd even argue that the Plasma Pistol's EMP shot is stronger too, since it can knock out even tanks. So an EMP blast from SW wouldn't be any different.
Quote:
by the time the covanat started glassing the deathstar, hundreds of tie fighter would already out number the seraphs or whatever the covenant ha sflying, and infiltrated the ship.
While they would be outnumbered in fighters, they wouldn't be outgunned or technologically inferior. Seraphs have a tougher hull, shields and superior armament than that of a TIE Fighter (In Legends, TIEs were only given shields way after the Battle of Endor. Additionally, TIE Fighters only have 2 turbolasers, not counting other TIE classes). Banshee Fighters lack shields and are just as frail as TIEs, but they're faster and also have superior armament.
It's not just the superior fighters that could actually mount an effective resistance. It's also the Covenant capital ship that has infinitely better point-defense systems (anti-fighter tech). In SW, point-defense armament is manned by human operators, while in Halo, it's ran by an AI, making the weapons much more accurate and much more likely to hit their target.
One final note that is by boarding the ship instead of destroying it, the Empire would have already lost. The glassing beam puts ungodly pressure on the shields, which would have collapsed by the time the ship would be boarded (or even sooner). Then it'd melt the station like a knife through butter.
Quote:
theirs other forces on halos side such as mabey the banished
The Banished's strength is their cunning tactics... in ground combat. We don't know how they operate their navy, and they definitely had more than just the Enduring Conviction. I hardly see how the Banished would be significant unless we make them a sort of division within the Covenant.
But, since we're discussing Human-Covenant War, the Banished are not part of the conflict.
Quote:
spartans werent always a sstrong
They were. They're called "Super-Human" and a single Spartan can turn the tide of a battle. The Long Night of Solace was destroyed because of the effort (and sacrifice) of 2 Spartans. A CAS-class carrier was destroyed by John-117 after he jumped from Cairo Station with nothing but a huge bomb, which turned the tide of the battle in the UNSC's favor.
I give the edge to Star Wars for sure.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 124
  4. 125
  5. ...
  6. 126